What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (4 Viewers)

NYRAGE said:
Bills moved up to 12th on that Glenn trade. That puts them in great position to move up for a Qb.
can this unfold any worse?  Bills now have a ton of ammo to leapfrog the Jets....Mac better get aggressive...

Keenum to Denver. I never thought Cousins was interested in Denver. Terms will be interesting. Is this a 1-2 year bridge QB or longer for Denver?

Keenum to Denver. I never thought Cousins was interested in Denver. Terms will be interesting. Is this a 1-2 year bridge QB or longer for Denver?
That doesn't make me feel confident that Denver doesn't take a QB at 5, but at least its now possible they may not.

Denver is def gonna take a QB still, Keenum is not the long term answer.

Huge money for A-Rob and Watkins, would have liked either one, but not for that cash...

Looks like Macc is gonna be the king of week 2, not week 1 and scoop the mid-tier guys with the tons of cash..

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver is def gonna take a QB still, Keenum is not the long term answer.

Huge money for A-Rob and Watkins, would have liked either one, but not for that cash...

Looks like Macc is gonna be the king of week 2, not week 1 and scoop the mid-tier guys with the tons of cash..
They are talking him up as the long term answer, so we'll see.

I can honestly see only 2 QBs going before the Jets pick at 6 (Browns and Buffalo in a trade up). I think they may get either Rosen or Mayfield by just standing pat.

Keenum gone - reading $18M which is too high for me; Watkins too high as well - but man I think they should have been in on A-Rob....thats not crazy for a WR#1 at his age/upside - not a fan of any of the other WRs out there so somehow it seems they will trot out the same WR corp without a big upgrade - with Enuwa's injury and Anderson's off field issues I'm not a fan of this approach at all

also 1st sighting of a Cousins to Minny deal at $28M from local Min reporter - he gave himself wiggle room but everyone says this guy is legit so its possible.

If they lose out on Cousins things get a bit tough - dying for them to get Teddy but have a feelin it's McCown reunion....good luck selling that to fan base especially with multiple QBs going before #6 and no guarantee a trade up will even work

TE, CBs and Centers still out there but dont see them taking up a ton of $ except a top CB....loading up on mediocre players is not my idea of a great offseason with $90M so get some top tier talent!  

Patience is tough - hard to not think they are being strung along by Cousins then left holding the bag...I really hope they give a deadline to move on soon.  

Keenum gone - reading $18M which is too high for me; Watkins too high as well - but man I think they should have been in on A-Rob....thats not crazy for a WR#1 at his age/upside - not a fan of any of the other WRs out there so somehow it seems they will trot out the same WR corp without a big upgrade - with Enuwa's injury and Anderson's off field issues I'm not a fan of this approach at all
I think Paul Richardson could be a sneaky good signing on the cheap(ish). I hope the look at Trey Burton at TE as well.

I'm actually ok with not spending the money that Watkins and Robinson got - I'm just not a fan of huge contracts for WRs.

We never were bailed out on Keenum.  Some woman at the NFL network speculated that the Jets could be interested, so everyone ran with that.  The Jets under McCagnan don't leak anything. Look at how quiet Manish and Cimini are. They have nothing. 

We never were bailed out on Keenum.  Some woman at the NFL network speculated that the Jets could be interested, so everyone ran with that.  The Jets under McCagnan don't leak anything. Look at how quiet Manish and Cimini are. They have nothing. 
I'm not saying that I bought into that blurb - I'm just glad that option is off the table. I wanted nothing to do with another journeyman coming off a career year.

ETA: I also like that Denver may not be taking a QB at 5 now, if you can believe what they're saying about Keenum.

I think Paul Richardson could be a sneaky good signing on the cheap(ish). I hope the look at Trey Burton at TE as well.

I'm actually ok with not spending the money that Watkins and Robinson got - I'm just not a fan of huge contracts for WRs.
Agree with you on Keenum - zero interest at that price.....

Like Richardson and Burton but let's be real - they are not difference makers that could lift an offense...A-Rob had the potential to do that and be a great go to guy for a QB...

I understand the concept of bargains but when you are sitting on $90M and have no impact players on the team I strongly think they need a few top tier guys to up the talent level...signing a bunch of mediocre bargains is not going to take this team to the next level.  

LEt's hope day 2 goes better.....

I'm not saying that I bought into that blurb - I'm just glad that option is off the table. I wanted nothing to do with another journeyman coming off a career year.

ETA: I also like that Denver may not be taking a QB at 5 now, if you can believe what they're saying about Keenum.
Fair enough.

I believe that money talks. Keenum reportedly is only getting a two-year deal, so I'm not sure about that talk of a long-term QB.

Maybe they like the Ravens center more......or maybe McCagnan doesn't know that you're allowed to make offers during the legal tampering period.
True - as long as they address the o-line the "names" don't matter much. Jensen would be fine.

Center Weston Richburg to SF.  He was someone we were allegedly interested in.  
ok now im going from worried to slight panic....$90M and they're not connected to anyone good....all eggs in Kirk basket but have enough $ to sign some of these guys unless they have a stupid front loaded $60M offer or something....if so shame on Mac....this reeks of getting left at the alter and striking out. 

ok now im going from worried to slight panic....$90M and they're not connected to anyone good....all eggs in Kirk basket but have enough $ to sign some of these guys unless they have a stupid front loaded $60M offer or something....if so shame on Mac....this reeks of getting left at the alter and striking out. 
I think those eggs broke with the news coming out these past couple of minutes

I think those eggs broke with the news coming out these past couple of minutes
If Mac missed out on some of these guys because of that shame on him....is anyone shocked at this news?  Still not 100% but wake the heck up and move on.....

There's still plenty of players out there - sometimes patience pays off. Winning free agency doesn't always translate to winning on the field.

Some good o-linemen still out there, the top CBs are still out there, Teddy is still out there - plus teams are releasing players by the minute that the Jets can scoop up.

Fair enough.

I believe that money talks. Keenum reportedly is only getting a two-year deal, so I'm not sure about that talk of a long-term QB.
That is a short term deal.  I only heard the money and thought they weren't going QB but if it is only a two year deal then they are definitely planning on taking a QB and they coached both Mayfield and Allen at the Senior Bowl and reportedly liked both of them so they would be pleased with either if they fall to them.

Bridgewater and McCown are the back up plan.

Better pray for Bridgewater.
I have a feeling he's going to go with Teddy AND McCown for a total of $18M and tout that he got a 2-1 deal for the price of Keenum and now doesnt need a QB in the draft....but takes a Allen/Mayfield project whop sits for a year....he just cant come back to the fan base with McCown and a huge risk at getting jumped at the draft...not with $90M!  

Did anyone trust this regime for a rebuild? Both Bowles and McCagnan are in over their heads.
No. I said it in the last thread that they should have cleaned house as they would never have a better opportunity to bring in some quality football people. They had some good young talent, the number 6 pick and $90MM in cap space. It was an attractive position for any top football guy to step into.

Any word on if we landed CJ2k yet? :fingers crossed:

Seriously why is Mac wasting even one second on a 32 year old RB that was washed up when he was here 3 years ago? It's one thing if they aren't signing anyone yet, but how about we put off Johnson until at least the weekend and at least look into some viable options now?

Any word on if we landed CJ2k yet? :fingers crossed:

Seriously why is Mac wasting even one second on a 32 year old RB that was washed up when he was here 3 years ago? It's one thing if they aren't signing anyone yet, but how about we put off Johnson until at least the weekend and at least look into some viable options now?
I assume its Woody's brother temporary owner Chris Johnson and not the 32 yr old RB....though nothing would shock me!  Hopefully hes pissed!  

Looks like Teddy and #6 is plan B, please no McCown...

Jensen still out there I think, that would be nice, along with a nice cb.. 

Bradford to Arizona. One less QB.  I imagine Buffalo will sign someone.  Teddy, McCown, and McCarron are the best available.

Amendola to Miami.

I wanted Cousins, but didn't expect us to get him over Minn. I think it's the inaction on everyone else that is the frustrating part especially since we had the most money and least talent in the league.

Bradford to Arizona. One less QB.  I imagine Buffalo will sign someone.  Teddy, McCown, and McCarron are the best available.
The good news is that Bridgewater's options are becoming limited as well.

The New York Jets will make a push to sign free-agent quarterback Teddy Bridgewater with Kirk Cousins likely to land with the Minnesota Vikings, ESPN.com's Dianna Russini reported Tuesday.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Cousins and the Vikings have agreed to a three-year deal, eliminating the top free-agent target for the QB-needy Jets.

Bridgewater would be a step down from Cousins. The 25-year-old attempted just two passes this past season—one of which was an interception—after missing the entire 2016 campaign due to a major knee injury he suffered in August 2016.

The Jets' pursuit of Bridgewater means the team will likely look to select a quarterback early in the upcoming draft. NFL reporter Jason La Canfora reported New York is also considering re-signing Josh McCown on its list of "bridge QB options."

While signing a veteran quarterback to act as a stopgap for a rookie makes sense in theory, it creates plenty of problems as well, with the Chicago Bears and Houston Texans prime examples from this past year.

Mike Glennon was Chicago's starter at the beginning of 2017, while Tom Savage occupied the same role for Houston. The Bears eventually let Mitchell Trubisky run the offense, while Deshaun Watson became Houston's starter in Week 2. Both teams were arguably better off after the quarterback changes, which inevitably led to questions about why the rookies weren't starting from the outset.

Granted, Bridgewater is young enough that he could feasibly be the Jets' long-term starter if he returns to his Pro Bowl form of 2015. If he exceeds expectations in 2018, then New York would be in a position similar to the Philadelphia Eagles, where it could gauge Bridgewater's trade value as another young QB waits in the wings.

Whether or not the Jets sign Bridgewater or another veteran, the quarterback position is likely to remain a focus of the team's draft strategy.

And they should be. I can't see Bridgewater being successful after being mediocre, then getting hurt. He's a nobody with some draft pedigree.
It's hard to call a guy mediocre when he's only 25 years old with not even two full seasons of playing experience. I think he looked good as a second year player despite not being the type of QB that fits a Norv Turner offense (which was antiquated at the time).

It's hard to call a guy mediocre when he's only 25 years old with not even two full seasons of playing experience. I think he looked good as a second year player despite not being the type of QB that fits a Norv Turner offense (which was antiquated at the time).
Good news for Jets fans then.

Users who are viewing this thread