What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (10 Viewers)

Buffalo(4-2)...lost two in a row

@KC...that's a loss

New England (2-3)...last time the Pats were 2-3?

Which of these next 3 games can you win before you enter a Bye Week and fire Adam Gase? I bet the DC there in new York can win a game or two. 
Realistically they can't win any of those three games, but we all know the "any given Sunday" caveat. I think 0-9 is pretty likely though.

Is this Quinnen, and is this what you think the Jets will take or what you think he is worth?
Would love the Raiders to go after him for a 2nd. My impression was the Jets wouldn't part with a guy they took 3rd overall in last year's draft for less than a 1st, and they weren't interested in moving Williams whatsoever, but who knows. I think a 2nd is fair and would be leaping on that especially with a reasonable cap hit.
Yeah, supposedly there was talk about moving him at last year's trade deadline.  His tangible production (in terms of sacks and other big plays, which you would expect from a D lineman taken in the top 3) has been minuscule.  Add in the fact that Douglas wasn't the GM that drafted him (freaking Jets....allowing McCags to run the entire offseason and then firing him in May :wall: ) and some think they may just want to cut their losses.

I have a bad feeling that 2 years from now, we might look back and WISH they had gotten a 2nd rounder for him. But for now, the optics are just so bad i dont see it happening.

meh, you can't trade everyone. Guys like Maye and Q are young and inexpensive enough to help 2-3 years down the road. And....if you have a QB and competent people running things....you can turn an NFL team around in 2 years.

I would trade Crowder for a 2 if I could. But for a 3,  I think he's more valuable as a safety blanket to whoever is playing QB next year. (as well as any young WR's who might need some mentoring). Dude is a pro.

I know Maye will hit free agency soon....but he'll either A) be cheap enough that I'd want to keep him or B) someone would pay him enough that the Jets would get a 3rd round compensatory pick anyway.
I agree that you need some players - but Crowder is $10M next yr....Maye is a FA next yr and Q going into yr 3 where its doubtful....I can see JD not seeing them around for the long haul so cash in on them now....for me I would have to get blown away by an offer.  

I agree that you need some players - but Crowder is $10M next yr....Maye is a FA next yr and Q going into yr 3 where its doubtful....I can see JD not seeing them around for the long haul so cash in on them now....for me I would have to get blown away by an offer.  
yeah, certainly not saying its impossible. just dont think I would personally do it.

But i certainly wouldn't hang up the phone without hearing the offer.

Ministry of Pain said:
The Jets didn't set out to go 0-16 like Miami initially tried last season and then seemed to change course over the year which IMO cost them dearly by missing on Joe Burrow and settling for Tua. 

It's a lost season for new York and their fans, but it can be a celebration if they go all the way and lock up the No 1 Pick

-Phinsfan
Obtaining the#1 overall  and having Sam show at least some progression are the only two things this Jet fan has to look forward too anymore in yes what is a "lost season".

Last edited by a moderator:
What a (predictable) disaster this has become. The Gase signing was really amusing for me initially and it seems I should relish it all and feel like this

Unfortunately, it's just painful to see any fanbase have to put up with such incompetence for so long. I have this weird, awkward... sympathy for Jets fans that make me feel more like this

Dr. Octopus said:
Realistically they can't win any of those three games, but we all know the "any given Sunday" caveat. I think 0-9 is pretty likely though.
0-16

they are so far beneath every other team, I just can’t think of another team that they can compete with

0-16

they are so far beneath every other team, I just can’t think of another team that they can compete with
Weird things happen throughout an NFL season. We thought the 2019 Dolphins were the worst team the NFL had ever seen, until they weren't. Even the 1980 Saints, the team that inspired the trope of fans putting paper bags over their heads, managed to win one game (against the Jets!) Jimmy Johnson's first Cowboys team was hapless and lost 15 games but managed to beat a very good Washington Football Team Using Their Previous Name. So who knows, there may be one week where the other team just can't get its act together, or whatever. 

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Is this Quinnen, and is this what you think the Jets will take or what you think he is worth?
Would love the Raiders to go after him for a 2nd. My impression was the Jets wouldn't part with a guy they took 3rd overall in last year's draft for less than a 1st, and they weren't interested in moving Williams whatsoever, but who knows. I think a 2nd is fair and would be leaping on that especially with a reasonable cap hit.
I think it would take a first to get him.  He's playing much better. PFF has him ranked 29th out of 118 DLmen.  Not great, but pretty good. He's ranked 8th against the run. Last year was kind of wash because he got hurt and was started behind the 8-ball and the injury allegedly impacted him all season. He's still really young.  I don't think the Jets should trade him unless they got a very good offer.

I think it would take a first to get him.  He's playing much better. PFF has him ranked 29th out of 118 DLmen.  Not great, but pretty good. He's ranked 8th against the run. Last year was kind of wash because he got hurt and was started behind the 8-ball and the injury allegedly impacted him all season. He's still really young.  I don't think the Jets should trade him unless they got a very good offer.
My original post on trading Q for a 2d was what I think he is worth....I dont see JD trading im without getting a 1st which I doubt anyone pays....I dont put it by him though....he got a high 3rd and a 5th for Leo who showed less upside than Q and only had a few games left before FA.  

Reinforcements are here.....Sam, Becton and Mims all active.....at least its something to watch than the last 2 weeks of crap-orama.  wouldnt shock me if they hung in this game and it was pretty close.....

Mims is reason enough alone for me to watch a bit out of the corner of my eye.

Crowder is inactive.

Just when we thought we'd be a poor man's Tampa, we're a poor man's everything.

9 more to go.

Never thought for a second that the jets were gonna win this one. It was hilarious how the announcers were trying to hype up the jets "huge improvement " at halftime.  They had 10 points.

The offense looked the best it has all season but that’s a low bar and there was still more bad than good. Sam is either no good or just shell shocked. He showed a little today but also showed why they can’t pick up his fifth year option.

And we have two 6’3” WRs with 4.3 speed and all of their routes are four yards downfield. I’m no offensive genius, but that seems like a misuse of resources to me.

The offense looked the best it has all season but that’s a low bar and there was still more bad than good. Sam is either no good or just shell shocked. He showed a little today but also showed why they can’t pick up his fifth year option.

And we have two 6’3” WRs with 4.3 speed and all of their routes are four yards downfield. I’m no offensive genius, but that seems like a misuse of resources to me.

I will get labeled a hater despite being previously being one of Sam's biggest defenders, but outside of one great pass, his decision-making still is terrible.  He is so slow to go through his progressions these days and then forces passes under duress.

We looked like a team for one half of play. We were making the Bills look pretty bad, but then much to no one's surprise, we got out-coached at halftime. Once again we make no adjustments and the better-coached team wins.

Mims and Perriman started off great, but then we stopped throwing to them for some unknown reason. Perine looked pretty good for the most part.

Huff seems like a player.  The defense played hard today, but god our lack of pass rushers was so evident today (more so than most games).

Oh well...on to Kansas City. Only 20.5 underdogs.

PRAYING the Jets can keep it SOMEWHAT competitive so that Mahomes at least has to throw a pass after halftime. Looks like I may survive his stinker today (assuming Kenyan Drake continues to do nothing in the 2nd half) but I dont see me getting lucky 2 weeks in a row.

TLEF316 said:
PRAYING the Jets can keep it SOMEWHAT competitive so that Mahomes at least has to throw a pass after halftime. Looks like I may survive his stinker today (assuming Kenyan Drake continues to do nothing in the 2nd half) but I dont see me getting lucky 2 weeks in a row.
Competitive?  It's over by the first quarter, but KC's offense hasn't looked great this season, so great day to drop 70 on the Jets to work the kinks out.

This weeks game is going to be like the Harlem Globetrotters playing the Washington Generals....I fully expect to see Mahomes spinning a football on his finger and kicking it backwards to Kelce for their 7th TD.  

So Quinnen is on the block per nydailynews Linky

Committed to the tank but Lawrence should be worth it so I don't blame them.

What is the realistic price they'll accept?

-QG

-QG

So Dbag Mehta says they're trying to trade him. Toolbox Cimini says it isn't true.

Any reason why we cant get ONE beat reporter that isn't completely insufferable?

The sole topic when I was listening to The Fan this morning was who should be the next Jets coach. I came here expecting to see that Gase was fired. Going to be a reallllly long season,

-QG
Q has been plying well.....with his upside I dont think hes part of the fire sale but rather dangling him to see if they get an offer they cant refuse ala Adams.....if they got a 1st and another day 1 pick maybe...unless a really good offer he will likely stay put.  

Bengals twitter wants to offer our 2nd rounder which would be around pick 38 or 39 probably.  We cannot part with #7.  Side note I think it makes zero sense for you to do this - heck it is the sort of move that I think would drive away coaching candidates.

-QG

Opening spread is KC -21.5 down to -20.5 now. 
If I was betting I would bet the Jets to cover.

This is one of those games the Chiefs ALWAYS seem to come out flat. Before you know it the 4th quarter is here and it's a tight game. I expect the Chiefs to win, but 20.5 just seems way high to me. 

Are Q's personal fouls a Gregg Williams thing do you think?

-QG
No.

As far as I recall, he had a facemask penalty where he tackled the quarterback from behind and unfortunately grabbed the mask. He had another penalty when he unfortunately landed wrong on a quarterback after a sack. He did not have any penalties where you would think "I guess Williams is doing bounties again."

I do not miss these kind of stories from last year.

Jets should call Lawrence's bluff by threatening to extend Gase for 2 years if the kid insists on staying in school.

-QG
IMO the comment was just to give a little leverage in case the Jets do something insane like decide to keep Gase.....if that happens then I dont blame him fo going back to school.  Assuming they fire Gase right after the season...hire a respected coach....and JD lays out a good plan re lots of picks and FA to focus on learning from mistakes of the past and surround the kid with a solid OL and weapons.....I cant see him not wanting to come here.

Im more concerned they will win a game or 2 and lose out on him....maybe Im crazy but if Sam gets hot with his weapons I can see them beating any of New England,  Fins with Tua,  and Browns.  I could also see SD and Raiders overlooking the Jets and getting beat.....I think they end up with at least 2 wins.....Jax is my main concern as they know how to tank....if the Jets win one I can see them benching Minshaw and just sinking....Lawrence would be begging for NY after staring at a career in Jax.  

Im more concerned they will win a game or 2 and lose out on him....maybe Im crazy but if Sam gets hot with his weapons I can see them beating any of New England,  Fins with Tua,  and Browns.  
Only in the sense of "any given Sunday". I suppose if Tua is a disaster I can see the Jets winning that one, but NE is pure recency bias. They're a much better team that the Jets once Cam gets back on track. I suppose the Pats could lie down in Week 17 to keep the Jets from getting Lawrence. It could get comical when Flacco and Hoyer come off the bench in the second quarter of a 10-10 game.

The Browns should destroy the Jets.

Jags are the biggest threat to the top pick imo. Just need to hope they pull another game out somewhere and a hot game from Minshew can make that happen.

Jags are the biggest threat to the top pick imo. Just need to hope they pull another game out somewhere and a hot game from Minshew can make that happen.
Marrone has already said he is looking to make changes over the bye - big speculation he benches Minshaw....if that happens they may lose out.  

Im more concerned they will win a game or 2 and lose out on him....maybe Im crazy but if Sam gets hot with his weapons I can see them beating any of New England,  Fins with Tua,  and Browns.  I could also see SD and Raiders overlooking the Jets and getting beat.....I think they end up with at least 2 wins.....Jax is my main concern as they know how to tank....if the Jets win one I can see them benching Minshaw and just sinking....Lawrence would be begging for NY after staring at a career in Jax.  
They're pretty bad. I think your fear is misplaced. That said, if the Jags bench Minshew they can lose to anybody on any given Sunday. I do worry about the Jets squeaking out a win or two and the Jags holding down the fort in the loss column. 

They're pretty bad. I think your fear is misplaced. That said, if the Jags bench Minshew they can lose to anybody on any given Sunday. I do worry about the Jets squeaking out a win or two and the Jags holding down the fort in the loss column. 
Texans-Jags needs to air in the Jets market.

-QG

rockaction said:
Well, Minshew blows. Benching him should increase the Jaguars chances of winning games.

Well, Minshew blows. Benching him should increase the Jaguars chances of winning games.
Do you know who their backups are? Minshew has his limitations for sure but he's able to move the ball and has the mental fortitude to win games. There's no chance the Jags are better off starting Mike Glennon or Jake Luton in 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread