What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (2 Viewers)

Hey, guys. This has now become the "Official" NY Jets thread. That sure is some pressure from up high. Let's not muck it up with sordid tales of Jet fandom, huh?

Take heart, Jets fans.

If Lawrence wasn't in this draft, people would be talking about Zach Wilson AND Mac Jones in the same way they did Burrow last year - "out of nowhere kid" that can turn around a franchise.

Watch Wilson in this last bowl game and feel a little better about your team.

Maximus* said:
Yeah it's going to be interesting to see how your Nets do. Funny but I'm old enough to remember when the Nets were in Long Island and when Doctor J was there. Seeing it was the ABA I could root for the Nets withought giving up my Knicks fan card. Those Nets back than were damn good. Let's see if this year's team can equal those Dr.J, Larry Keenan, Billy Paultz, Wendal Ladner, Brian Taylor Nets...hmmmm....lol.

On another note, been meaning to ask you this but I always forget, back in the day I used to be a big wrestling fan and the avitar you have seems too look like Bobby "The Brain" Heenan...yes? no? Inquiring minds need to know...haha
now thats old school Nets!  I was a season ticket holder when they drafted Van Horn....they had so few that when they traded for Kidd they used me as a seat filler and I got to meet him....best player in a sport I ever saw day in and out....he completely elevated a mediocre team.  Go season tickets at $25 per seat 10 rows up behind the basket and had those seats through the NBA Finals.  Went to a playoff game every few days for 2 months....it was awesome!  

Also a big fan of 80s wrestling when I was a kid...not so much today but back then when it was classic WWF I couldnt get enough....used to root for the bad guys....I was ahread of my time I guess lol....Bobby the Brain was one of my faves...I found him hysterical!  

sheerterror said:
Good luck man.  Someone in here deserves something.
Not quite the same with them in Brooklyn - I went all the time in NJ.....but after the dark post Pierce/Garnett yrs its nice to have a contender....ill admit it doesnt really feel the same with 2 stud FAs coming and building a Super Team.....I was much more excited when they traded for Kidd and he elevated the core I had been cheering for years....guess I shouldnt be picky as I haven't seen one my favorite teams win a title since the Reds won it in 1990...

Not quite the same with them in Brooklyn - I went all the time in NJ.....but after the dark post Pierce/Garnett yrs its nice to have a contender....ill admit it doesnt really feel the same with 2 stud FAs coming and building a Super Team.....I was much more excited when they traded for Kidd and he elevated the core I had been cheering for years....guess I shouldnt be picky as I haven't seen one my favorite teams win a title since the Reds won it in 1990...
Take them any way you can get them. I'm no expert here. @Maximus* and I have gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to winning.

I can remember listening and watching the Jets and Rangers when I was four (1971) I can remember watching the Mets in the 73 playoffs. I was six then.

I was only 2 when the Jets won the Super Bowl, so I missed that one. We haven't even been to the Super Bowl since then.

I didn't really follow the Knicks until the mid-70s, so I really missed their 2 championships in my lifetime. We all know how the Rockets series turned out.

1986 was my only Mets Championship. I watched them lose in the WS a couple of times.

1994 was my only Rangers Championship. I got to see them lose 3 times (72, 79, 2014)

Man, that's a lot of losing over the years for only 2 Championships.

woodstock said:
I'd taken a different tone in answering this, but I still want to post it. You've moderated poorly. You took a gaslighting troll in both this and the dynasty stash thread and let him be while warning a long-time member. That's not a good job. It's a Patriots fan known to constantly say inflammatory things in threads like "Jacksonville won't outstupid the Jets" in their own thread and you're going to let that go while renaming the title of the thread and castigating and likely suspending long-time members. No bueno. Bad job in understanding the overall context of things.  
It was reported and we asked the poster to please don't do that. I'm not sure it could have been more polite. If you see poster trolling or posting things over well over the line, please report them as well. We're able to see a tiny fraction of what is actually posted. Thanks. 

Not sure if you guys ever go on Jet Nation, but there is a guy that allegedly has a source within the Jets that others have verified. He occasionally provides some nuggets that come true.

Anyway, take it fwiw and some of you guys will love this, but he says that JD loves Sewell and would probably take him over the other QBs now that we can't get Lawrence.  He also said that JD likes Darnold and would be willing to go one more year with him.  JD also allegedly likes Fields over Wilson, but it's still early in the process and things can change after more scouting and interviews.

The Jets like Matt Campbell and Pat Fitzgerald. One option if they can't get a good college coach is Marvin Lewis. I know, I know.

Another person on the message board who also has a source on the team said that he has heard similar things. Enjoy.

Not sure if you guys ever go on Jet Nation, but there is a guy that allegedly has a source within the Jets that others have verified. He occasionally provides some nuggets that come true.

Anyway, take it fwiw and some of you guys will love this, but he says that JD loves Sewell and would probably take him over the other QBs now that we can't get Lawrence.  He also said that JD likes Darnold and would be willing to go one more year with him.  JD also allegedly likes Fields over Wilson, but it's still early in the process and things can change after more scouting and interviews.

The Jets like Matt Campbell and Pat Fitzgerald. One option if they can't get a good college coach is Marvin Lewis. I know, I know.

Another person on the message board who also has a source on the team said that he has heard similar things. Enjoy.
well in that case Go Jags ;)

-QG

Sewell no problem.....Marvin Lewis....please no

Argh to all of this. Give me Wilson over Fields, give me a QB instead of an OL, and Marvin Lewis doesn't even need discussing. Pat Fitzgerald is probably a defensive guy when the Jets need to finally build around their offense. Too much, this post. 

Argh to all of this. Give me Wilson over Fields, give me a QB instead of an OL, and Marvin Lewis doesn't even need discussing. Pat Fitzgerald is probably a defensive guy when the Jets need to finally build around their offense. Too much, this post. 
I agree with you completely.

Fan of the H&F movie?

Sure. Big fan of the H&F movie, but it's more about football and hair. I miss Trevor already.  
Gotcha.  I haven't given up hope yet. I think Jacksonville will win a game. Unfortunately we'll beat NE. We haven't been as miserable as possible yet. It's just our destiny as Jets fans.

I loved the movie, too.

I loved the movie, too.
I'm about to listen to "Whoop That Trick" after the Rihanna song that's on now. 

But I'll keep it about football. 

JAX has a shot at winning. Any given Sunday. Robinson says he wants to play. Minshew to Cole (not Chark) might be the connection they need. 

The Bears are just so tough on defense and so is Indy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on. There is just no way to justify that.
Unlike the Jets they have intelligent people that understand whats at stake....they are not letting this gift slip away.....people will complain and point but nothing will be done....just like if the Jets would have started Morgan.  One franchise gets it and deserves TL and the other is foolish and deserves to be a laughinstock

Is Minshew really that much better than Glennon? I've watched every Jags game this year pretty much (because of Chark and Robinson) and I'm not seeing the drop from one to another as that steep. 

Regardless, maybe Glennon can air it out a little and Chark and Cole can come down with some, because it sure as heck sounds like Robinson ain't playing. 

Is Minshew really that much better than Glennon? I've watched every Jags game this year pretty much (because of Chark and Robinson) and I'm not seeing the drop from one to another as that steep. 

Regardless, maybe Glennon can air it out a little and Chark and Cole can come down with some, because it sure as heck sounds like Robinson ain't playing. 
Robinson is out.

Going from Minshew to Glennon is like going from Darnold to Geno Smith.

Don't denigrate Gore. That one guy here will pop out of the blue and chastise you for not appreciating the Hall of Famer.
I don't get all the disrespect of Gore. No way this guy goes into the Hall of Fame 0-16. After knee surgery before he ever even stepped on a pro field. You didn't think we'd battle a way to a win with him in the backfield? Silly, delusional rabbit. This is for the children. Think of the children and who they emulate. They can emulate Frank Gore or a bunch of tankers. Is that what you really want? Your children growing up 76ers fans? My, for the life of me I oughta...

I don't get all the disrespect of Gore. No way this guy goes into the Hall of Fame 0-16. After knee surgery before he ever even stepped on a pro field. You didn't think we'd battle a way to a win with him in the backfield? Silly, delusional rabbit. This is for the children. Think of the children and who they emulate. They can emulate Frank Gore or a bunch of tankers. Is that what you really want? Your children growing up 76ers fans? My, for the life of me I oughta...
That one guy must be his agent or cousin. He seemed all upset when we were talking why Gore was getting carries instead of the young guys and he went on some diatribe about how we didn't appreciate the Hall of Famer.

That one guy must be his agent or cousin. He seemed all upset when we were talking why Gore was getting carries instead of the young guys and he went on some diatribe about how we didn't appreciate the Hall of Famer.
I TL;DR'd that particular comment of which you speak.  

From the COVID thread posted by whole-show

Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins and Donovan People-Jones have been deemed High-Risk-Close-Contacts, per @mortreport and me. Browns awaiting further instruction but all three now could be out Sunday vs. Jets. Per Schefter 

Linky

-QG

From the COVID thread posted by whole-show

Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins and Donovan People-Jones have been deemed High-Risk-Close-Contacts, per @mortreport and me. Browns awaiting further instruction but all three now could be out Sunday vs. Jets. Per Schefter 

Linky

-QG
You're becoming an integral part of this fanbase.

I mean.....Jacksonville isn't going to win a game,  but you have to laugh that now Cleveland is going to be down all these guys vs the Jets.

I've spent the last 6 days trying to find some way to not feel like absolute #### about what happened on Sunday and find some reason to keep watching this franchise. I just can't.   I dont want to hear about other QB's. (not buying this Zach Wilson nonsense. He makes some plays and occasionally fits a nice throw in, but I dont see much zip on the sideline routes at all) and I dont see how you can draft Sewell and move one of the 2 to RT. I'm all for building a beastly O-line but you're basically setting yourself up to lose one of them (since they'll likely both want to be paid as top Left tackles).

At this point, I gotta think the entire pre-draft process is going to be the Jets making everyone think they're in love with Sewell to try and get the Bengals (or someone else) to pay a king's ransom to trade into the spot.

lol I mean I notice it and know you guys would appreciate the heads up so why not.  If I see good news for you guys I'd post that too.

-QG
Hey, I was being sincere. I've got a few Jets jerseys for you to choose from: Favre, Sanchez, Darnold. I'll keep Tomlinson and Curtis Martin.  I hope you look good in green.

I'm obsessed with football/fantasy football news (access to breaking information is everything in this game) and have all kinds of notifications set up from beat writers and national guys on Twitter.  I'm pretty on top of breaking news, but I'm sure some of the other guys aren't as insane as I am.  We appreciate you.

Hey, I was being sincere. I've got a few Jets jerseys for you to choose from: Favre, Sanchez, Darnold. I'll keep Tomlinson and Curtis Martin.  I hope you look good in green.

I'm obsessed with football/fantasy football news (access to breaking information is everything in this game) and have all kinds of notifications set up from beat writers and national guys on Twitter.  I'm pretty on top of breaking news, but I'm sure some of the other guys aren't as insane as I am.  We appreciate you.
I appreciate the appreciation man but no thank you at all sir. 

Will tell you a funny story - so for Christmas I took my nephew to the last game ever at Giants Stadium which was the Bengals rest everyone and lose disaster - row 1 seats - he was a Jets fan (nothing bad happened he just decided he wasn't too into football over time).  Anyway I go to pick  him up and he has like ZERO green on and I'm like dude you're like bullet proof vest over here we gotta buy you something green man wth.

It was so cold he couldnt even really enjoy the game at all (he was like 14 or so and he's really thin).  I'm not obnoxious at the games (not that I had anything to be obnoxious about that night) but the only real trouble was two Jets fans that were ready to fight each other.  lol.

-QG

I don’t think Minshew is great - he has plenty of limitations but he has shown to be a better QB and more capable of winning games than Glennon. Admittedly it doesn’t make much of a a difference, I’m just a bit bitter.

QuizGuy66 said:
I appreciate the appreciation man but no thank you at all sir. 

Will tell you a funny story - so for Christmas I took my nephew to the last game ever at Giants Stadium which was the Bengals rest everyone and lose disaster - row 1 seats - he was a Jets fan (nothing bad happened he just decided he wasn't too into football over time).  Anyway I go to pick  him up and he has like ZERO green on and I'm like dude you're like bullet proof vest over here we gotta buy you something green man wth.

It was so cold he couldnt even really enjoy the game at all (he was like 14 or so and he's really thin).  I'm not obnoxious at the games (not that I had anything to be obnoxious about that night) but the only real trouble was two Jets fans that were ready to fight each other.  lol.

-QG
I was at that game. Beers were freezing in the parking lot. One of the coldest games I’ve been too.

I was at that game. Beers were freezing in the parking lot. One of the coldest games I’ve been too.
Same - that was definitely the coldest I have ever been at a game. We were also able to get down onto the field during warmups and it wasn’t any warmer there. 

I watched the game in question in the comfort of my house. We won. Then we went out and beat them the next week in a spanking and near-shutout, IIRC. 

Dr. Octopus said:
I don’t think Minshew is great - he has plenty of limitations but he has shown to be a better QB and more capable of winning games than Glennon. Admittedly it doesn’t make much of a a difference, I’m just a bit bitter.
Probably so. I think that Minshew's arm or his thumb isn't right and he looks much worse than last year. Perhaps they just scouted him and got the book on him, but his arm strength is not up to snuff this year compared to last. That ball ain't flying out right. Jake Luton has the best arm strength of any of them, probably. 

And I know arm strength isn't everything, but we're grasping at straws in hopes of finding positivity for the Jags. Give me the guy with the big arm in an upset situation. Maybe he'll pull a Cutler. 

eta*  :lmao: Never give up, I guess. 

Users who are viewing this thread