What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (8 Viewers)

Latest I heard is Bell is going to have to settle for $11-12MM a year as that's all he's being offered. If that's the case then I'm on board with adding a playmaker for Sam.
Yeah, it's all contingent upon the salary how I feel about Bell. If Ingram is going to get $8M, then I have no problem with anywhere from $11-13M for Bell. 

You can't receive messages. What happened? Too much hate-mail?
Oh Dear. I don't know. I hate cleaning out messages because then I lose private convos. 

I'll clean out.  

eta* Should be cool now.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess Bell's representatives will say something like "We got confused with our birds, it was actually the Eagles or maybe the Falcons that are pushing hard for Bell - give us your money Jets."
Nah, it will be; we got confused. It's the Raiders, not the Ravens. Both teams start with an R. Easy mistake.

I'm hitting the treadmill. I can't watch the NFL Network anymore (although I have a tv in that room). Judy Battista just broke news that the Giants signed Antoine Bethea. Welcome to 45 minutes ago Judy.

I'm sure @rockaction will call me when we sign Bell.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 34s34 seconds ago

Former Broncos’ C Matt Paradis intends to sign a three-year, $27 million deal with the Carolina Panthers, per source.
The Jets couldn't beat this?

Mac is such a dope about the o-line - he just doesn't believe it's important.

Man, if you guys don't get Bell now, that will be quite bad.  Whats with all these teams teasing the jets?

Rap saying he chose Carolina over Denver's one year offer. The Jets didn't make an offer because we were waiting on Bell. I don't know about that, but I have no more words.  Maybe they like Wisniewski or Sullivan.

Rap saying he chose Carolina over Denver's one year offer. The Jets didn't make an offer because we were waiting on Bell. I don't know about that, but I have no more words.  Maybe they like Wisniewski or Sullivan.
If this is true, Mac should be fired immediately - although I doubt it is.

That's pretty disappointing, though I can see the hesitation. It does take longer for a broken leg to heal than we think, and Denver was in the best position to know exactly how his leg was doing. 

I seriously hope this isn't "waiting for Bell" territory here. There's no need. It's a RB.  

If this is true, Mac should be fired immediately - although I doubt it is.
I don't believe it either. If anything, maybe they were in on Morse, and bowed out thinking they were spending on Barr plus Mosely, Bell, etc.  Or maybe they never liked Paradis, but his agent used our cap money to get other teams to drum up offers.   I saw something yesterday that the Jets were interested in Wisniewski if released by Philly....which happened later in the day.

Saying that the Jets were busy on Bell and didn't make an offer is another easy attack on the Jets, especially after Barr's change of mind. Either way, Mac is having a bad day.

WTH on Paradis...something either scared them or was another who didn’t want to play here..... price was great....what a reversal of fortune fro, the good feelings of this am

This offer to Bell better expire tonight....MAC needs to step up 

looks like Dee Ford to SF for a 2020 2d rder.......where are the jets??????   looks like i picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.....

No 2nd rdr, no shot at ford, the price you pay for getting a franchise qb, I’m alright with that... I guess they weren’t really in on Paradis, must have had their reasons.. oh well... hope they can move down in the draft they gonna need more picks after missing out on a few players today... let’s see how the next week goes, 2nd tier guys might be ok still...

No 2nd rdr, no shot at ford, the price you pay for getting a franchise qb, I’m alright with that... I guess they weren’t really in on Paradis, must have had their reasons.. oh well... hope they can move down in the draft they gonna need more picks after missing out on a few players today... let’s see how the next week goes, 2nd tier guys might be ok still...
it was a 2020 2d rder not this yr....they have one of those....I'd rather them trade it for a stud pass rusher than the 5% hit rate they have on 2d rders

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Le’Veon Bell’s four-year deal with the New York Jets has a max value of $61 million and includes $35 million guaranteed, per source.

best playmaker since curtis martin!  defenses will have to scheme to stop him....Sam will have a running game....great dump off rb and blocker....all for a reasonable $13m!  should have enough $ for anash/houston pass rusher and a cb opposite Tru...and a center..nice rebound by Mac
I thought it would cost $15-17m

After all we’ve been through, I just can’t get excited about this.

Contract is reasonable at least. I’m hoping that’s not the true guaranteed amount and at least year three is “rolling”.

He is one of the most talent, if not the most talented, backs in the league and will make the offense far more exciting. 

Hopefully the o-line does it’s part, because with Bell’s patient running style that’s vital.

bump crowder up 10-15 catches now.

boy looking at around 70 as his floor right about now
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think he’ll lead the Jets in receptions - in fact I’m sure when I do projections for fantasy that’s what I’ll predict.

And I’ll have to admit it’s pretty exciting to finally have an impact offensive player - can’t remember the last time the Jets had a player taken in the first round of fantasy drafts.

Hey @rockaction, we got your boy. Wake up
Just woke up, you're right. Looks like I'm okay with the contract right now. I don't know, it could have been worse, all things considered and they were determined to blow that money somehow. I'm fine with the guaranteed money. A little less than Gurley is okay by me for a weapon like that. If they have to scrimp on a K and KR to get Bell, we're better off.  

Now they really need to work on the O-Line. Those tiptoes aren't hitting holes without a push.  

Just woke up, you're right. Looks like I'm okay with the contract right now. I don't know, it could have been worse, all things considered and they were determined to blow that money somehow. I'm fine with the guaranteed money. A little less than Gurley is okay by me for a weapon like that. If they have to scrimp on a K and KR to get Bell, we're better off.  

Now they really need to work on the O-Line. Those tiptoes aren't hitting holes without a push.  
Hmm. So maybe we need Sam or a second RB to push him through the non-existent holes. That's funny.

And really, today, I'm just thankful we're not the Giants, who made a trade so bad I thought the Hartford Whalers made it and the names Ron Francis, Ulf Samuelsson, and John Cullen were involved. 

Holy Christ, Beckham for a bag of balls. He must have demanded a trade or something.  

And really, today, I'm just thankful we're not the Giants who made a trade so bad I thought the Hartford Whalers made it and the names Ron Francis, Ulf Samuelsson, and John Cullen were involved. 

Holy Christ, Beckham for a bag of balls. He must have demanded a trade or something.  
OMG, a great hockey reference. I think I really love you rockaction.

Users who are viewing this thread