What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (10 Viewers)

I know this game means nothing in the grand scheme of things but with the "pressure" of this being the dress rehearsal and his audition to start Week 1, and with playing against the cross-town rival who also happened to pass on him, it will be very interesting to see how he looks.
I don't think the pressure fazes him, but the o-line probably determines how he does.

Firmly middle aged with no children (that I know of).  
Yeah, no problem. I once threw a party at my house, but left for several hours to go to a club to meet some girl. I came back to an empty house, well except for a different girl unexpectedly waiting for me. You can skip out for 3 hours.

That was impressive. 6 first downs followed by a td run. The only bad thing was watching Carpenter whiff like he was Charlie Brown. We need help on the o-line.  Gotta love Darnold's run for the first down.

If Teddy wants to test that leg out by getting crushed, playing behind this second OL unit is the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's too quiet in here. I got my Darnold jersey yesterday. Hope springs eternal.

On another note, cut downs will be interesting. Mac's draft picks this year seem to be good. However, if cuts are merit-based, the Hansens and Stewarts of the world will be cut. Outside of Williams, the entire 2015 class should be gone. 2016 wasn't much better.  Jenkins is ok. Not a big fan of "avoids contact" Lee. Btw, I'm not sure that Bart Scott was right. In order for Lee to shy away from contact, that dope needs to find the play and shed blocks to get to the ball carrier and then avoid the contact. I feel like most of the time Lee is guessing where the play is going and guesses wrong half of the time. Sometimes I'm yelling out, "the ball is over there you fool".

From 2017's draft, Hansen and Stewart have been outplayed.We don't know enough about Leggett yet. Donahue's biggest play was driving against traffic while intoxicated (Hmm, kind of the way Lee plays now that I think about it). Those 2 late round CBs may not make the team either. Adams and Maye may turn out to be good players, but their rookie year was lots of hype sprinkled with some flash. Potential for sure. Hopefully we see growth this year. It seems like our back-up safeties have played equally as well as our much-herded top 2 safeties.

I guess Darnold will save this GM's job.

I guess Darnold will save this GM's job.
Mac has been pretty bad with his draft picks outside of the guys that fell into his lap. But, yes, it will all come down to Darnold. He has made some good signings and trades so hopefully he uses the cap space wisely if he does stick around.

His hit rate on skill position players in the draft is absurdly low. I agree that Hansen, Stewart and even Leggett should not make the team in a merit based system but we'll see.

Mac has been pretty bad with his draft picks outside of the guys that fell into his lap. But, yes, it will all come down to Darnold. He has made some good signings and trades so hopefully he uses the cap space wisely if he does stick around.

His hit rate on skill position players in the draft is absurdly low. I agree that Hansen, Stewart and even Leggett should not make the team in a merit based system but we'll see.
Leggett has flashed at times in camp when healthy.

How are the Saints going to pay him enough to stick around as the backup next year?
Brees only has a 2 year deal and only $27m is guaranteed I think. He can retire. They can cut him. Give Teddy a a backloaded deal. Who knows, who cares. He's not a Jet anymore. Good luck to him though. He's a good guy.

solid trade, and Sam as just named starter, here we go, could not have scripted a better QB off season for Mac

Good piece of business there.  Essentially got a third round pick for nothing.
Not to be mean about it, but its a positively un-Jets like outcome. Maybe the tide is turning in NY and shrewd moves, and quality draft picks are the new normal?

Sam hasn’t thrown deep much in the pre-season, so that’s a little unclear at the moment... no Enunwa last year hes back this year and Pryor had a nice catch and run td in the last preseason game from Sam.  It’s a pretty good wr core

NYRAGE said:
We also gave up a 6th rounder for that third
I thought that a bit strange at first (because Teddy for a 3 is a solid deal), but nobody out there needed a starter, and everybody knew the Jets prettymuch had to trade him. So saying to Mac "done deal if I get your 6" is smart (or maybe they asked for a 5 and Mac countered), and for Mac, with no starters playing week 4 (so little chance of a Teddy/Sam Bradford situation), it made sense to pull the trigger.   

Charlie Harper said:
How's Robbie Anderson with Sam under center?
They didn't connect on one mid-to long pass. The only other reception I remember was a short one.

I love Robbie's talent, but I think the offense at least early on will be conservative. Sam is allegedly a gambler, but not sure that we'll see that side of him too much this year. I think Bates and Bowles will keep it simple as safe, especially early on with a not-so-great offensive line. With McCown I would have been all over Anderson. I'm avoiding Anderson with Sam for this season.

I thought that a bit strange at first (because Teddy for a 3 is a solid deal), but nobody out there needed a starter, and everybody knew the Jets prettymuch had to trade him. So saying to Mac "done deal if I get your 6" is smart (or maybe they asked for a 5 and Mac countered), and for Mac, with no starters playing week 4 (so little chance of a Teddy/Sam Bradford situation), it made sense to pull the trigger.   
I think there are 2 reasons involved. 1) Take a 3 now instead of gambling on someone to get hurt and potentially willing to pay a 2 later.  2) More importantly, it saves a roster spot for a position where we want to carry an extra player like 4 TEs. Maybe they want to carry another RB or lineman.

Also the Cash saved for this season or can be carried over for next year's shopping spree.  Also teddy could get dinged (especially behind a shaky game 4 line)  and his value would then be 0 and they are on the hook for $6-$9mill.  They cashed out, hedged the bet and played it very nice this offseason, no need to get greedy, just keep stockpiling picks and cash.

Well, there probably won't be much said about tonight, but nice 58 yard fg by Myers who is fighting to make the team.

Terrible drop by Cannon. I want him to make the team - adds a dimension Jets lack at RB, speed.

I can't believe that we didn't sign any linemen. At least Henderson sounds like a good flyer for the practice squad.
I just don’t get Mac’s aversion to offensive linemen.

Henderson surely has some potential and could add some excitement to the offense if he gets a chance at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread