What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Dynasty IDP trades - COMPLETED trades only please (1 Viewer)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
I see a lot of trades I don't want to put into the other thread because they have at least a moderate IDP component and people may or may not feel like they can comment on them, so thought I would start this up so we can capture those.  I like these threads because it's worth a lot of information to see what actual trades are happening for guys.

PLEASE POST ONLY COMPLETED TRADES HERE.  This isn't a thread for you to ask if you should do a particular trade or what you should offer for a guy - there are other resources for that.

Post as much info as is relevant to affect the value of the trade.  If it's a dev league 1.01 is going to have a ton less value than one where Barkley is in the player pool, for example.

First one is a minor one:

Team A gave up Davis, Demario NYJ LB; Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.15

Team, B gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.03

Team A wins big time I think

salary cap dynasty league, 16 teams start 1-2 DT, 2 DE, 3-4LB, 2-3 CB, 2-3 S (start 11 total) heavy tackle

CJ Mosely in a contract renegotion year traded for a mid level 3rd in 2019 and 2020

FWIW, I think the Mosely side wins but I couldn't keep him and had to get something

I see a lot of trades I don't want to put into the other thread because they have at least a moderate IDP component and people may or may not feel like they can comment on them, so thought I would start this up so we can capture those.  I like these threads because it's worth a lot of information to see what actual trades are happening for guys.

PLEASE POST ONLY COMPLETED TRADES HERE.  This isn't a thread for you to ask if you should do a particular trade or what you should offer for a guy - there are other resources for that.

Post as much info as is relevant to affect the value of the trade.  If it's a dev league 1.01 is going to have a ton less value than one where Barkley is in the player pool, for example.

First one is a minor one:

Team A gave up Davis, Demario NYJ LB; Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.15

Team, B gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.03
Not awful for a win-now team, but I'm pretty sure I prefer the rook I can get at 2.3 to Davis in most circumstances.

Team A wins big time I think

salary cap dynasty league, 16 teams start 1-2 DT, 2 DE, 3-4LB, 2-3 CB, 2-3 S (start 11 total) heavy tackle

CJ Mosely in a contract renegotion year traded for a mid level 3rd in 2019 and 2020

FWIW, I think the Mosely side wins but I couldn't keep him and had to get something
Even in deep IDP, future 3rds aren't incredible value.  If the team is contending, this is an easy price to pay for a potential weekly starter.

If the team is in rebuild, of course, better to move CJ for what pick value can be had. 

This one could easily be a situational "win" for both squads.

Not awful for a win-now team, but I'm pretty sure I prefer the rook I can get at 2.3 to Davis in most circumstances.

Even in deep IDP, future 3rds aren't incredible value.  If the team is contending, this is an easy price to pay for a potential weekly starter.

If the team is in rebuild, of course, better to move CJ for what pick value can be had. 

This one could easily be a situational "win" for both squads.
I dunno about that, and even so that 4th has some value in IDP leagues.  2.03 in my leagues is gonna be LB2 or LB3 in most drafts.  Davis just turned 29 years old and completed a beastly year after Davis Harris posted regular stud seasons in the same position.  I could see 3-4 years of LB1 with a slide to high LB2 numbers from Davis - that's a pretty solid use of 2.03, and then add on the flier in the 4th.  Maybe you hit a Dede Westbrook or Chris Carson or just a useful IDP prospect like Charles Harris or Tre'Davious White.

In the other trade I'm not sure what "CJ Mosely in a contract renegotion year" means.  I know a lot of posters here play in the types of leagues I do and if that means CJ is an RFA in the league and there's a bidding/drafting process to attempt to keep/acquire/match him, then those 3rd's are a lot more valuable than his matching rights in those leagues.  If it's referring solely to Moseley being scheduled for UFA next year in NFL terms then a couple of 3rd's is a freaking steal for him - which is why I think it's more likely the former.  I'd sell his RFA rights for a couple of 3rd's pretty easily (then sell them and use that cash to bid hard on getting him back, playing with house money).

Full IDP, Super Flex, Salary Cap ($250), Keep 15 players, 25 round draft

Team A:  Allen Robinson ($1), 6.05.  7.05

Team B:  Kawaan Short ($14 - top 5 DL scorer each of last 3 years), Dede Westbrook ($1), 2.04

Full IDP, Superflex, Dynasty. Well balanced scoring across positions both offensively and defensively. League link.

I traded Jordan Reed TE straight up for Calais Campbell DE.

Not something I'd necessarily do but balanced scoring and my trade in 2017 to acquire Kyle Rudolph (plus George Kittle on taxi) made Reed expendable. I really need a reliable DE since I've been playing the waiver wire game with mediocre results for 2 seasons now. Basically a savvy owner offered me a DE for a the headache that is Reed and I took it. Campbell was the #2 DE with 209 points last season, while the top 3 TEs were 255/240/220 on the year.

Full IDP, Superflex, Dynasty. Well balanced scoring across positions both offensively and defensively. League link.

Not something I'd necessarily do but balanced scoring and my trade in 2017 to acquire Kyle Rudolph (plus George Kittle on taxi) made Reed expendable. I really need a reliable DE since I've been playing the waiver wire game with mediocre results for 2 seasons now. Basically a savvy owner offered me a DE for a the headache that is Reed and I took it. Campbell was the #2 DE with 209 points last season, while the top 3 TEs were 255/240/220 on the year.
TE's are easier to find than consistent scoring DE's.  I wouldn't touch Reed with a 10' pole so I would make this deal for Campbell all day - provided you didn't get any other feelers for Reed that could help you.  For trades like this I don't really worry too much about the gross scores of each player because it matters more how they score relative to their positions. 

Although Campbell is a bit older he should have another solid year upcoming and I don't trust Reed to play consistently and the headache that he brings is terrible to deal with. 

Blake Martinez

for

Derek Carr
League parameters matter a lot.  In a 12 man that's Martinez pretty easily, but in a larger league I think I gotta hold onto the QB.  LB's are easier to acquire while quality QB's get scarce fast.  Martinez put up some absurd numbers and while I don't really believe in the talent I quit arguing with actual numbers years ago.

I'd take a box of Cheez-Its for Reed so this one's a landslide.  Top 5 DE vs. a snack food.

Team A gave up Funchess, Devin CAR WR; Year 2018 Draft Pick 5.01;Year 2018 Draft Pick 6.01
    Team B gave up Ingram, Melvin LAC DE;Wright, K.J. SEA LB

drewd_21 said:
12tm IDP, PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2flex

Gave: N.Bowman, LB

Got: G.Everett, TE
I don't think the guy giving up Bowman got enough.  I like Everett more than most but Bowman was a borderline LB1 in my championship run last year and I need more for that than a prospect.

drewd_21 said:

Gave: N.Bowman, LB

Got: G.Everett, TE
I think this is a little light.  Bowman is very consistent and a guy you can just plug in.  Everett is just like a ton of other TE's that are easy to find.  Unless you are just completely stacked at LB I would rather have Bowman.

Team A gave up Funchess, Devin CAR WR; Year 2018 Draft Pick 5.01;Year 2018 Draft Pick 6.01
    Team B gave up Ingram, Melvin LAC DE;Wright, K.J. SEA LB
I like the Ingram side.  He is a top 10-ish DL.  Funchess is ok but nothing game changing and the picks are just blah.  Fairly easy for me to go with Ingram.

I think this is a little light.  Bowman is very consistent and a guy you can just plug in.  Everett is just like a ton of other TE's that are easy to find.  Unless you are just completely stacked at LB I would rather have Bowman.
Mosley, Jones, Foster.....was hoping to move Foster for something though possibly.

Balanced scoring 16 team IDP, not involved:

Team A gives:. Alex Anzalone, 2018 picks 2.02, 4.15, 5.02

Team B gives: Tarik Cohen, 5.08

Ranethe said:

I don't think Anzalone really has any bearing on this deal.  To me it is 2.02 for Cohen and that would hinge on the scoring system quite a bit.

I don't think Anzalone really has any bearing on this deal.  To me it is 2.02 for Cohen and that would hinge on the scoring system quite a bit.
I don't dismiss Anzalone as a valued piece of that deal. Lot of people like him and he's got at least some opportunity in NO. He's just always hurt. He's rostered in all 4 of my leagues and was drafted 3-4th round in rookie drafts in those leagues if I recall. IDP's score well in this league. A starting LB is roughly equivalent to a WR2 in average scoring. Plus its a 16 team league so filling 3 lb spots.

I don't dismiss Anzalone as a valued piece of that deal. Lot of people like him and he's got at least some opportunity in NO. He's just always hurt. He's rostered in all 4 of my leagues and was drafted 3-4th round in rookie drafts in those leagues if I recall. IDP's score well in this league. A starting LB is roughly equivalent to a WR2 in average scoring. Plus its a 16 team league so filling 3 lb spots.
But Anzalone is just a guy.  I don't think he is anything special and you can find many LB's that will give you the exact same output.  Based on that I think he is just a throw in.  Easily replaceable and nothing more than some end of bench depth. 

But Anzalone is just a guy.  I don't think he is anything special and you can find many LB's that will give you the exact same output.  Based on that I think he is just a throw in.  Easily replaceable and nothing more than some end of bench depth. 
Fair enough, I'm not arguing for or against Anzalone, just saying that for the owner involved I don't think he was just an end of bench throw in.

You may think he's JAG but that doesn't mean everyone else shares the same opinion (im not being snarky here). Nobody really knows what kind of output he will yield for FF, he was hurt last year much (?) of season. I know there are owners that think more highly of him than you apparently do (not me personally, I doubt the injuries will ever go away).

With roster spots at a premium in this league (42 man but have to start a DT and 2 CB's) he'll get dropped if the acquiring owner thinks the same as you. He hasn't been dropped. I think he was a legit part of the trade for that owner.

Ranethe said:
Fair enough, I'm not arguing for or against Anzalone, just saying that for the owner involved I don't think he was just an end of bench throw in.

You may think he's JAG but that doesn't mean everyone else shares the same opinion (im not being snarky here). Nobody really knows what kind of output he will yield for FF, he was hurt last year much (?) of season. I know there are owners that think more highly of him than you apparently do (not me personally, I doubt the injuries will ever go away).

With roster spots at a premium in this league (42 man but have to start a DT and 2 CB's) he'll get dropped if the acquiring owner thinks the same as you. He hasn't been dropped. I think he was a legit part of the trade for that owner.
I get it.  That's why the thread is here.  So you can get different perspectives.  All is good.  Ideally it would be nice if we had more involvement so more opinions can be thought about and discussed.  I like seeing different perspectives as it helps me from having blinders on some guys. 

Team A gave: Ekeler, Anzalone

Team B gave: D.Westbrook, Shaq Lawson

What kind of IDP scoring?  In a big play league I would like Team B a lot better.  It's a lot closer in a balanced scoring or tackle heavy league but I still think I lean B because I think Westbrook will take a step next year. 

Full IDP, Super Flex, Salary Cap ($250), Keep 15 players, 25 round draft

Team A:  Allen Robinson ($1), 6.05.  7.05

Team B:  Kawaan Short ($14 - top 5 DL scorer each of last 3 years), Dede Westbrook ($1), 2.04
I am bumping this as I haven't seen any input after posting it here and in the SP Dynasty trade thread.  I am at two strikes so it will die on the vine at strike three with no responses....hahahaha

Gally said:
I am bumping this as I haven't seen any input after posting it here and in the SP Dynasty trade thread.  I am at two strikes so it will die on the vine at strike three with no responses....hahahaha
Probably because it's a landslide with Arob for a buck.

Probably because it's a landslide with Arob for a buck.
Almost every owner in the league thought it was a landslide the other way.  Mainly because DT score quite well in that scoring system and Short has been elite for the last three years and should continue. 

drewd_21 said:

Gally said:
What kind of IDP scoring?  In a big play league I would like Team B a lot better.  It's a lot closer in a balanced scoring or tackle heavy league but I still think I lean B because I think Westbrook will take a step next year. 
2pt Tkl,  1pt Assist, 1pt Sack, 0.5pt  Tfl, 2pt FF 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gally said:
I've never done salary leagues, so.....

Ultimately, Robinson looks like a stud but has 1 really good season with 2 mediocre seasons and a full season IR last year. There a ton of variance in his value, to me. He could land somewhere incredible this year or he could go to a dumpsterfire team. In either scenario, he could become a WR1 again or he could prove that he is not as good as his 2015 stats suggest. The trade does leave you with the younger, likely WR1 in Jax, which is nice. Add the premium pick and a top DL and I think it's a good trade. Only time will tell if it's a great sell high on ARob or a tremendous sell low for an older DL. 

2pt Tkl,  1pt Assist, 1pt Sack, 0.5pt  Tfl, 2pt FF 
With that scoring it really make Lawson almost useless.  He is not a tackle guy and just has potential for sacks but hasn't been able to be healthy to show what he can do.  Not that Anzalone is healthy himself.  This is a coin toss to me.  Depends if I need an upside WR or a flex possible pass catching back. 

With .5 ppr for RB, Cohen has some nice value. Still, I think this is a really solid return on him. I drafted Cohen @ 4.04 last year and would be happy with a 2.02 & 4.15 this season. Anzalone has upside but injury history. The former could make him a viable LB2-4, the latter could make him a total bust. Cohen is classic CoP guy that is likely to be unreliable and used as a boom/bust type player in your fantasy roster. To me, it's a nice flip of an asset (Cohen) that takes advantage of the bias towards offensive players most FFers have. We actually discussed that a bit last year in one of the more active threads, and it seems clear that flipping RBs with decent results is a wise way to build.

10 Team 2 QB start Dynasty league with IDP and 1 point PPR

Bosa and ‘19 5th rounder

for

A Donald and ‘19 2nd rounder

also 

E Manning  B. Martinez  ‘19 3rd rounder

for 

Trubisky 

Funchess

10 Team 2 QB start Dynasty league with IDP and 1 point PPR

Bosa and ‘19 5th rounder

for

A Donald and ‘19 2nd rounder

also 

E Manning  B. Martinez  ‘19 3rd rounder

for 

Trubisky 

Funchess
I like Bosa, but also a huge Donald fan.  I think I'd take the 2nd for that difference.  (And if this is a DT-required league, it's a steal, so guessing it isn't.

I'm all for getting out of the Eli business while you can, so Trubisky isn't terrible.  But Trubisky and Funchess are both players I'm below consensus on in my expectations.  Think I would keep Martinez and the pick here and keep shopping.

Real 32 team league, homer requirement, contracts, ppr.  Start full D lineup.  3-4 or 4-3.

A gets Matt Milano, pick 37

B gets Reuben Foster, pick 160

A is contender, B is rebuilding.

Real 32 team league, homer requirement, contracts, ppr.  Start full D lineup.  3-4 or 4-3.

A gets Matt Milano, pick 37

B gets Reuben Foster, pick 160

A is contender, B is rebuilding.
32-teams changes the math enough to make Milano useful, and I like pick 37 a lot more than 160.  I suspect this comes down to owner A being worried about Foster's ability to stay on the field and out of trouble.  Can see it for both sides.

Gave Cam Meredith

Got Chandler Jones.

Hoping for that DE designation.
A figure most teams rostering Meredith have decent enough receivers that he's just a lotto ticket.  I like that lotto ticket but if I needed idp help I'd make this deal.  Another that likely works well for both sides.

12 tm 1QB, 2-4RB, 2-4WR, 1-3TE (start 8).

Tkl 2, Assist 1, Sack 3, Sack yardage 0.1 per yd, Tfl 0.5

Gave: Ragland

Got: Abdullah

drewd_21 said:
12 tm 1QB, 2-4RB, 2-4WR, 1-3TE (start 8).

Tkl 2, Assist 1, Sack 3, Sack yardage 0.1 per yd, Tfl 0.5

Gave: Ragland

Got: Abdullah
Both are betting on upside.  Think it's a fair deal and matters what each team is looking for.

Zealots PPR, 12 Team.  Approaching the end of a rebuild I hope.  Trading WR depth to build up crap defense.

Gave Robert Woods for Kwon Alexander

Gave Marqise Lee for Ezekiel Ansah

Gave Kiko Alonso and 5.02 for Vic Beasley

Enderdog said:
Zealots PPR, 12 Team.  Approaching the end of a rebuild I hope.  Trading WR depth to build up crap defense.

Kwon is elite and that is an absurd trade.  I'd easily take Ansah in the 2nd one and Alonso in the third.

Enderdog said:

If you have WR depth and need LB help I think that is a great move for Kwon.

I like the Ziggy side no matter roster construction

Depends on scoring system.  Big play scoring and I like the Beasley side a lot.  Tackle heavy and I take Kiko.

16 teamer

Emmanuel Sanders + 2.07 + 2019 4th

for

Dak Prescott + $50 FA cash (begin season with $500)
Not sure why this is IDP.  I guess the value of pick 2.07 goes up a little in a full IDP league?  if you don't need a QB and have someone you think will fall to 2.07 then it's ok.  Trade really doesn't move the needle much.

10 Team standard scoring .5 PPR —— IDP 1.5/.75 tackle/asst ; 4 pt sack/int ; 3 pt FF/FR

Carlos Hyde for Avery Williamson

10 Team standard scoring .5 PPR —— IDP 1.5/.75 tackle/asst ; 4 pt sack/int ; 3 pt FF/FR

Carlos Hyde for Avery Williamson
In a 10-team league, give me Hyde all day.  Avery has had plenty of career to show us he's solid and reliable but never foing to crack the elite tier of LBers.  Hyde has a better chance of posting top-20 numbers.

12tm ppr 1qb, 1-3 rb, 2-5 wr, 1-3 te (start 8)

1.5/0.75 tkl/assist, 5 sack, 0.1 per sack yd

Gave: Josh Gordon

Got: C.J Mosley, Keelan Cole  

Users who are viewing this thread