Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Dynasty IDP trades - COMPLETED trades only please

Hankmoody

8 hours ago, buster05 said:

Gave Damien Harris, Eno Benjamin

Got Khalil Herbert, Brian Burns

A move for the future.

I'm really confused by this, actually. Harris is a sell for Burns? What kind of scoring do you have?

I can see the Benjamin for Herbert swap, I guess, but Monty is there through next year while Edmonds and Conner are free agents after this year.

I don't see this as a good deal for you.

35 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I'm really confused by this, actually. Harris is a sell for Burns? What kind of scoring do you have?

I can see the Benjamin for Herbert swap, I guess, but Monty is there through next year while Edmonds and Conner are free agents after this year.

Whether Edmonds and Connor are free agents next year may not be relevant. I don't see Eno as a reliable back for any sustained period of time. I see thatt potential in Herbert for sure and Burns is a stud DE, which in my IDPs, is golden. Harris might be phased into straight committee back with Stevenson there late '21 - '22. I personally like the deal if DE scores anything like in my IDP league

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigAl21 said:

Whether Edmonds and Connor are free agents next year may not be relevant. I don't see Eno as a reliable back for any sustained period of time. I see thatt potential in Herbert for sure and Burns is a stud DE, which in my IDPs, is golden. Harris might be phased into straight committee back with Stevenson there late '21 - '22. I personally like the deal if DE scores anything like in my IDP league

Burns is 23, i love his potential. Eno is nothing more than depth. I view Harris exactly as you do, and thats the only reason i made the deal. Felt like it was a sell high. Being a bears fan i may value Herbert a lil more than most. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

I prefer the picks and shot at Rice to have an extended role next year. Great move on from Singleton right now as his snap count is plummeting each week. TJ Edwards has completely taken over snaps. 

The other owner lowballed me on an offer for Roquan Smith (arguing that he wasn't that valuable because he was putting up good numbers this season, but could end up like Zach Cunningham next season 🙄). So, I countered with a trade involving Singleton. He rejected it and a few days later countered with this offer. He's an Eagles homer too!

Edited by northern exposure

18 hours ago, rockaction said:

DE is definitely the scarce position in this deal, which closes the value gap some, I think. Valuation of Harris certainly depends on tolerance for BB's RB usage. In general, NE RBs are a pain in the ### to own. Herbert provides the upside in this deal that also closes the gap. It also removes Harris (who has potential for some big weeks down the stretch) from the lineup, which is good for the tankin' this year. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, you know what? I traded Harris for a second and third at the beginning of the year, so maybe it's just because I got burned on that deal. I think, in retrospect, too much was made of Belichick's non-traditional use of backs and I sold for a song.

So it seems like a fair trade, anyway.

19 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

Although Kingsbury has said he has seen a change in Eno this season vs last season. So, he could ascend to the Edmonds' role next season.

"Eno Benjamin is expected to see more playing time and touches with Chase Edmonds (ankle) sidelined. 

Impressive athletically coming out of Arizona State in 2020, Benjamin had just two carries headed into Week 9. Edmonds went down with what appears to be a multi-week ankle injury and Benjamin saw nine carries -- one of which he took 21 yards for a touchdown. The explosive second year back has drawn praise from Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury. "Last year, he was trying to figure it out and I truly didn't know if he would make it," Kingsbury said of Benjamin. "This year he's like a different person, the work ethic, the focus. Any time he touches the ball he has a chance to do something special." Benjamin can be penciled in for eight to ten touches -- depending on game script -- while James Conner leads the Arizona backfield in the coming weeks. He should be picked up in all 12-team leagues. Benjamin would become an instant RB2 if Conner were to miss time. "

Source: AZCardinals.com

On 11/19/2021 at 8:07 AM, buster05 said:

If Stevenson makes the Pats backfield a timeshare i like my trade even more.

It's why I traded Harris for a second and third in an IDP league where thirds mean something at the beginning of the year. I didn't trust Belichick and that he brought in another back relatively earlier in the draft (third or fourth round) was telling. We shall see about Stevenson and his usage. 

Dynasty, Salary Cap, start 2 DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 Flex,  Big Play Scoring (1 pt per tackle & 8 pts per sack - divided between sack, QBH, TFL)

Jordan Hicks ($10) & Darius Leonard ($10)

For

Okereke ($1), Isaiah Simmons ($10), & 12th round pick (we draft 25 rounds and keep 15 players - draft is rookie/free agents)

On 11/27/2021 at 1:23 PM, Gally said:

Dynasty, Salary Cap, start 2 DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 Flex,  Big Play Scoring (1 pt per tackle & 8 pts per sack - divided between sack, QBH, TFL)

Jordan Hicks ($10) & Darius Leonard ($10)

For

Okereke ($1), Isaiah Simmons ($10), & 12th round pick (we draft 25 rounds and keep 15 players - draft is rookie/free agents)

Decent deal, though I'd prefer to get the mega stud that is Leonard. TBH, I was a bit surprised to find Okereke in the top 12 across my leagues, though. With Hicks a potential cap casualty next year, the deal could definitely favor Team B here as quickly as next year.

Edited by Flying Elvis
pluralization

2 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Decent deal, though I'd prefer to get the mega stud that is Leonard. TBH, I was a bit surprised to find Okereke in the top 12 across my leagues, though. With Hicks a potential cap casualty next year, the deal could definitely favor Team B here as quickly as next year.

I see it about the same as you.  A little more added info though is the current LB scoring ranks based on our scoring system:

• Leonard - #10
  • Okereke - #24
  • Hicks - #26
  • Simmons #33

Okereke slides down in value because our scoring is so much big play biased and Leonard does it all.  I hate to lose Simmons but I had to do it to get Leonard.

Also we can only keep 15 players year to year so Simmons and Okereke would likely not be kept where Leonard will be kept.  I received Leonard in the deal (I try not to say which side I am on to try and get unbiased responses).  

1 hour ago, Gally said:

I see it about the same as you.  A little more added info though is the current LB scoring ranks based on our scoring system:

• Leonard - #10
  • Okereke - #24
  • Hicks - #26
  • Simmons #33

Okereke slides down in value because our scoring is so much big play biased and Leonard does it all.  I hate to lose Simmons but I had to do it to get Leonard.

Also we can only keep 15 players year to year so Simmons and Okereke would likely not be kept where Leonard will be kept.  I received Leonard in the deal (I try not to say which side I am on to try and get unbiased responses).  

Originally I liked the deal better for the other side, but that was based on a "keep everyone forever" thought process.  The limited keepers could easily shift the deal to you with Leonard's long-term value (if nothing else, you should be able to flip Leonard anytime in the next few seasons).  Solid trade though...Okereke & Simmons for $11 is nice as well.

Edited by trader jake

19 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

2022 4th (late) for Al-Shaair.

I had Warner and immediately offered for Azeez early last week. 

good for immediate help which it looks like you were going for.  Not sure about long term help with everyone healthy but it doesn't really matter at this point. 

I know this is supposed to be for completed trades only but since it's slow in here I thought I would put down this beauty of an offer I received yesterday (It's PPR, Zealots):

• Golladay
  • Devante Parker
  • Tre'Quan Smith
  • Juwan Johnson
  • 6th rounder

for

• Adrian Peterson
  • Davante Adams (WR5)
  • De'Vondre Campbell (LB9)
  • Foye Oluokun (LB3)

Comments:  Thoughts? Counter?

I just don't understand throwing out something this bad as it doesn't even lend itself to a discussion.  Ugh.  Thanks for the venting space.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3