What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Hug Life Chronicles: :( (1 Viewer)

Nathan R. Jessep

Footballguy
Let me start this out by saying my life is never really super interesting; however, this past weekend proved to be pretty damn interesting for several reasons. And disclaimers: This is no AZ Ron thread. Nor is it EG-worthy. I could only aspire to the auspices of those 2 masters. But I will do my best.

I'm friends with a girl I went out with a few times last year that lives about an hour and a half away. We will call her Kate. She and I dating didn't work out, as I suspected (and am now fully convinced) that she is a functional alcoholic, but we get along really well and so we have just remained in contact as friends, giving each other support and advice on life and even relationships over the last 6 months or so. So a couple of weeks ago she invites me to a birthday shindig for one of her best friends, who I also knew. The plan was to go to a Mexican place for dinner and drinks, then head to one of the local night clubs for more drinks, dancing, etc.  I was really on the fence about going, because I only knew about 3 of the people in the list of about 25-30 attendees. But I have been battling with some loneliness lately and REALLY needed a night out of the house with no responsibilities, so I decided I'd step out of my comfort zone and go. 

So Saturday gets here, and I get my kids dropped off and head to Kate's city. I'm wearing some nice jeans, slip-on boots and, strategically planned, a polo shirt that fits me well and shows off the guns a little bit. I arrive early because she had told me that she had lots of drama to catch me up on before the party and that she would fill me in while she's getting ready.  So she does, and I don't know that any of that is relevant to this tale, but there were a few scenarios that I would definitely be keeping an eye on as the night played out, if certain people got in the near vicinity of other people. 

A couple of friends of Kate's arrive to pick us up and take us to the Mexican place. We lock Kate's place up and she hands me her key so she didn't have to keep up with her keyring all night. 7PM. We enter, and she introduces me to a few of the people, but I'm not even sure she knew all of them. She and I sit on one end of the long table, with me at the head, and her on my right. Taking a seat next to her is a chick who would become a player in this story, who we will call MJ (she was wearing a stylish fedora ala MJ). A very attractive slender girl approaches the seat to my left and asks if anyone is sitting there. I say "no ma'am" (southern charm, don't hate!) and she takes a seat. I immediately notice the rock on her left hand, so my hopes were dashed on that front, but we do strike up a conversation, which I was thankful for, because Kate was working the room and kinda left me sitting by myself. So married girl and I both admitted that we didn't know many of the people there and that we were definitely the quiet end of the table and we were ok with that. So for the most part we just sat back and sipped our drinks and talked and quietly observed the rest of the group. A smoking hot brunette on the other end of the table did catch my eye. We will call her Stacy. She was wearing a silk black blousy thing that was see-through from the shoulder up, stylish black high heels and a pair of jeans that must have been custom made for her, because DAMN. She was a solid 8 - 8.5 upon 'across the table' sight alone. (Upon close inspection and through conversation, I would later upgrade this score. :coffee:  ) She did not appear to be with any guy at the party and she was fairly quiet in comparison to the rest of the loud, obnoxious members of the group. I didn't know her, but I knew her name, because I recognized her from FB pics with Kate and her group of friends and she had caught my eye before in those because she was pretty consistently one of the better looking girls in the group, and while Kate was attractive herself, this girl was even more so. I thought to myself, "oh yes, THERE'S your mission, soldier."  Margaritas and beers were going down pretty well for all parties. I had a couple of beers, but I already knew that this crew went hard on the regular and it was going to be a lonnnnng night, so I was pacing myself because I am a lightweight and I didn't want to tap out too early.  I also knew I had the key to where I would be staying and wasn't super familiar with the city, so in case Kate and I got separated during the night, I'd probably need to be somewhat in control of my faculties, at least enough to get an Uber if necessary.

We close out tabs at the restaurant about 10PM. We all head over to the club and roll in full-posse at about 10:30, with nobody too far gone, but everybody feeling pretty good. Everyone orders drinks, and I'm just kinda sitting back sipping my beer, because I didn't know the group I was standing by other than by facial recognition of a few of them, so I mostly just surveyed the crowd while sipping my beverage. The first one goes down pretty quickly, and still nobody to talk to (Kate is working the room again, which would be a recurring theme for the night and kinda had me a little twisted at her because she knew I didn't know many people there), so I belly up to the bar and order another. Kate walks up beside me and says I'm buying shots, get ready. :wall:  She hands me a shot as I get my beer and I give her the sideeyes, but I begrudgingly drink it. Pretty sure it was Fireball. :wall:  So I back away from the bar to allow others to get up there, and I turn around and there's Stacy. She said something to Kate, and I chime in a one-liner (a little pot-shot at Kate). Kate fires back "I hate you" and we all laugh. Kate turns around and starts talking to someone else who walked up, so I introduce myself to Stacy and noticed her beer was almost empty, so I bought her and myself another one and we slink back to the edge of the group.  

A little while later (maybe an hour or two, I lost track of time, but I'm guessing around 1AM), I hear a kerfuffle and I turn to see MJ and her husband (we will call him Dave) having a heated discussion and by heated discussion I mean they are in each other's faces pointing fingers and screaming obscenities at each other. Someone said later that MJ had slapped him, but I didn't see that happen. I did see her turn and storm out of the building not to be seen again for the night. Then aforementioned married girl's brother (who I knew already) and Dave, who were good friends but both highly intoxicated at that point, got into a shoving and yelling match and had to be separated. Mutual friends calmed them down finally and they apologized to each other. I was just watching all this take place, with a hell of a buzz at that point, like :eek:   :popcorn:   

Kate declares she wants to ride the bull, and there's no way in hell I am missing this because she is drunk as hell at this point. I grab Stacy and say come on, we gotta see this. So we all follow Kate upstairs, she signs the waiver and psychs herself up and she lasts about 3 seconds on the bull. :lol: I videoed it for future blackmailing purposes if necessary :brush:   We mosey back down to a little quieter area of the club and order another beverage. Dave comes by and is talking to one of the other girls in the group that's standing with us. He's blitzed. He shows her his phone, and it is a picture of all his clothes on his front sidewalk in the pouring rain. MJ obviously had gone home and she was not happy. I think it was time for Dave to take a look at the Man in the Mirror.  Best I can recall, this was about 2:30AM.

####show to be continued....

Last edited by a moderator:
:pickle:

and it's not even friday. 

(caveat- I haven't read this yet... could be crap- just looking forward to the journey)
It's got a little bit of everything...alcoholism, bro-fighting, bull riding, pop culture references, romantic hugging foreshadowing, potential messy divorce and Mexican Food.  If you can't get into this partner, well then, I just don't know what to tell you.

riding the bull, eh? 

euphemisms are the best. unless they're not. or for hugging. or for actually riding a bull.

to be continued?  it hasn't even started yet.  could've at least ended Episode 1 with 'and then stacy and I went outside to wait for the uber'......to be continued.  so much better, just one more sentence

Stacy is/was a man.

i could see where this was going as soon as you mentioned you upgraded her under closer inspection

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for the Hug emoji,  This one? :clyde:

Maybe this one?  :hifive:

This is probably the best for the story so far!  :suds:

Little long in the opening.  Need shorter stints to create more complaining while waiting for the next chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread