What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL - Position Updates 3/6 (1 Viewer)

saintfool

Dead sexy
Just a head's up for you all. While it's the first of the offseason, it is not the last. Any noteworthy changes can be put in the thread...

The following player position changes will be made on Tuesday, March 6th, to bring our player database up-to-date with the Rotoworld.com depth charts:

ARI: Olsen Pierre from DT to DE
    ARI: Rodney Gunter from DT to DE
    ARI: Xavier Williams from DE to DT
    ARI: Tyrann Mathieu from S to CB
    ATL: Vic Beasley from LB to DE
    BAL: Vince Mayle from WR to TE
    BAL: Willie Henry from DT to DE
    BAL: Lardarius Webb from S to CB
    CHI: Deiondre' Hall from S to CB
    CIN: Carl Lawson from LB to DE
    DAL: Lewis Neal from DT to DE
    DEN: Zach Kerr from DT to DE
    DET: Quandre Diggs from CB to S
    HOU: Treston Decoud from S to CB
    HOU: Carlos Watkins from DT to DE
    HOU: Brandon Dunn from DE to DT
    HOU: Ufomba Kamalu from DE to LB
    IND: Hassan Ridgeway from DE to DT
    IND: Jabaal Sheard from LB to DE
    IND: John Simon from LB to DE
    IND: Tarell Basham from LB to DE
    IND: Henry Anderson from DE to DT
    IND: Johnathan Hankins from DE to DT
    IND: Grover Stewart from DE to DT
    KC : Tanoh Kpassagnon from DE to LB
    KC : Rakeem Nunez-Roches from DT to DE
    LAR: Robert Quinn from LB to DE
    LAR: Michael Brockers from DT to DE
    LAR: Ethan Westbrooks from DE to DT
    LAR: Matt Longacre from DE to LB
    NE : Adam Butler from DE to DT
    NE : Eric Lee from LB to DE
    NYG: Romeo Okwara from DE to DT
    NYJ: Xavier Cooper from DT to DE
    OAK: Dexter McDonald from S to CB
    PHI: Jaylen Watkins from S to CB
    SF : Pita Taumoepenu from LB to DE
    SF : Elvis Dumervil from DE to LB
    WAS: Terrell McClain from DT to DE

Wow, they got all the biggies that I was planning to stealth after already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another biggie in the wrong direction for DT required leagues is Brockers moving to DE.  Hankins might have a bit more value for those leagues as well now that he went from DE to DT.

Hankins caught my eye on that list, as well. 

fffuuuu... I held Lawson for half the damn season last year and don't have him anymore. FA, so maybe I get him back but feelsbadman

ARI: Olsen Pierre from DT to DE
    ARI: Rodney Gunter from DT to DE
    ARI: Xavier Williams from DE to DT
    ARI: Tyrann Mathieu from S to CB
    ATL: Vic Beasley from LB to DE
    BAL: Vince Mayle from WR to TE
    BAL: Willie Henry from DT to DE
    BAL: Lardarius Webb from S to CB
    CHI: Deiondre' Hall from S to CB
    CIN: Carl Lawson from LB to DE
    DAL: Lewis Neal from DT to DE
    DEN: Zach Kerr from DT to DE
    DET: Quandre Diggs from CB to S
    HOU: Treston Decoud from S to CB
    HOU: Carlos Watkins from DT to DE
    HOU: Brandon Dunn from DE to DT
    HOU: Ufomba Kamalu from DE to LB
    IND: Hassan Ridgeway from DE to DT
    IND: Jabaal Sheard from LB to DE
    IND: John Simon from LB to DE
    IND: Tarell Basham from LB to DE
    IND: Henry Anderson from DE to DT
    IND: Johnathan Hankins from DE to DT
    IND: Grover Stewart from DE to DT
    KC : Tanoh Kpassagnon from DE to LB
    KC : Rakeem Nunez-Roches from DT to DE
    LAR: Robert Quinn from LB to DE
    LAR: Michael Brockers from DT to DE
    LAR: Ethan Westbrooks from DE to DT
    LAR: Matt Longacre from DE to LB
    NE : Adam Butler from DE to DT
    NE : Eric Lee from LB to DE
    NYG: Romeo Okwara from DE to DT
    NYJ: Xavier Cooper from DT to DE
    OAK: Dexter McDonald from S to CB
    PHI: Jaylen Watkins from S to CB
    SF : Pita Taumoepenu from LB to DE
    SF : Elvis Dumervil from DE to LB
    WAS: Terrell McClain from DT to DE
these were a couple that caught my eye. Olsen had a few good games down the stretch - 4.5 sacks in 9 games at DT - and I was hoping for more as a full-time starter. Diggs was getting a bump in my league with CB designation but playing safety the final weeks of the season. He was very productive.

first waivers today and the only move was my add of Quinn. Thanks! Would not have seen that without this thread. DE was a train wreck for me on this team, too. 

any info on the next update? I see that Alex Okafor DE NO is listed as an LB on roto. He was DE last year on MFL and I'd guess becomes an easy cut if he's headed to LB designation.

Tank Carradine in OAK - DT or DE ?  He had been listed as a DT when he was with the 49ers Should moving to Oakland affect that?

there are like 2 more updates before kickoff. it will get changed.
Likely many more, past history is about one per month, but yes, plenty of time for Carradine to change.  I don't think it matters much though, he's more of the LDE/edge setting type, although maybe he can reduce inside for sub packages?  I don't think it's gonna matter much, he seems like a guy that there are 20 of available at any time.

The following player position changes will be made on Friday, May 4th, to bring our player database up-to-date with the Rotoworld.com depth charts:

ARI: Chandler Jones from LB to DE

ARI: Markus Golden from LB to DE

ARI: Robert Nkemdiche from DE to DT

ARI: Olsen Pierre from DE to DT

ARI: Rodney Gunter from DE to DT

BAL: Carl Davis from DE to DT

BUF: Trent Murphy from LB to DE

CHI: Bilal Nichols from DT to DE

CHI: Aaron Lynch from DE to LB

CHI: Kylie Fitts from DE to LB

CHI: Deiondre' Hall from CB to S

CLE: Chris Smith from DE to DT

CLE: Damarious Randall from CB to S

DAL: Byron Jones from S to CB

DAL: Jihad Ward from DE to DT

DEN: Bradley Chubb from DE to LB

DET: Da'Shawn Hand from DE to DT

GB : James Looney from DT to DE

HOU: Tyrann Mathieu from CB to S

HOU: Duke Ejiofor from DE to LB

IND: John Simon from DE to LB

IND: Margus Hunt from DE to DT

IND: Caraun Reid from DE to DT

KC : Tyrone Holmes from DE to LB

KC : Breeland Speaks from DT to DE

LAC: Jaylen Watkins from CB to S

LAC: Uchenna Nwosu from LB to DE

LAR: Tavon Austin from WR to RB

LAR: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo from DE to LB

LAR: Trevon Young from DE to LB

MIN: Jalyn Holmes from DE to DT

NYG: Dalvin Tomlinson from DT to DE

NYG: Romeo Okwara from DT to DE

NYG: RJ McIntosh from DT to DE

NYG: Olivier Vernon from DE to LB

NYG: Kerry Wynn from DE to LB

NYG: Avery Moss from DE to LB

NYJ: Mike Pennel from DT to DE

NYJ: Henry Anderson from DT to DE

NYJ: Foley Fatukasi from DT to DE

NYJ: David Bass from DE to LB

OAK: Eddie Vanderdoes from DT to DE

OAK: P.J. Hall from DT to DE

OAK: Cornellius Carradine from DT to DE

OAK: Arden Key from DE to LB

SF : Jimmie Ward from S to CB

TB : Mitch Unrein from DE to DT

WAS: Tim Settle from DT to DE

I have some mild annoyance at some of these moves, year in and year out.  

Why change a guy for no apparent reason?  I'll use my team, because 2 stand out.  

Arden Key:  Listed as DE in college, in draft talk, and by the Raiders on their official site.  Moved to LB.  Why?  3-4 OLB?  OK, maybe.  However:  The DC is a 4-3 guy, Gruden has said they are a 4-3 in his most recent press conference.

Even worse, PJ Hall.  Has DT size, listed as DT everywhere, 3 tech ONLY.  Listed as DT on Raiders site.  You move a 6', 300 lb guy to DE?  Come onnnnn......

This is on Rotoworld, not MFL, I know, but it's gonna change back, and probably this year.  I think Rotoworld gets cute with this sometimes, and I dunno why.  

Why change a guy for no apparent reason?  I'll use my team, because 2 stand out.  

Arden Key:  Listed as DE in college, in draft talk, and by the Raiders on their official site.  Moved to LB.  Why?  3-4 OLB?  OK, maybe.  However:  The DC is a 4-3 guy, Gruden has said they are a 4-3 in his most recent press conference.

Even worse, PJ Hall.  Has DT size, listed as DT everywhere, 3 tech ONLY.  Listed as DT on Raiders site.  You move a 6', 300 lb guy to DE?  Come onnnnn......

This is on Rotoworld, not MFL, I know, but it's gonna change back, and probably this year.  I think Rotoworld gets cute with this sometimes, and I dunno why.  
I agree. I think they are overly aggressive in their changes based on coaching changes, which is likely what we see with NYG. Arians has said it'll be a multiple front, not a strict 3-4 but his history is 3-4 so roto makes the change. If you can trade for Vernon cheap once this LB designation settles in on Vernon owners, you could have a steal if he  gets reverted for NYG. Buying a 27 year old DE getting re-designated to OLB and coming off a season where his production was down from a few missed games probably won't cost too much.

CLE: Chris Smith from DE to DT.... lolwut? 6'1 266 recently signed to a 3 year, 14M contract and he's sliding in to DT? That doesn't make any sense at all.

DEN: Bradley Chubb from DE to LB... and there it is. Big play scoring or don't bother drafting.

It’s way early.  Don’t get too caught up in this, other than knowing whether teams run 3-4 or 4-3 as their base and how that impacts the guys.  Chubb is a good example.  I’d put money on his playing with his hand in the dirt when it all shakes out.  That would make him a DE.

Didn't realize Vernon was getting moved to LB...huge blow

massraider said:

At this time of year it's based on the historical alignment the DC plays and any coachspeak that has come out.  It happens every year and is to be expected.  They also tend to take the "more punishing" view when it's a tossup - going 3-4 when it's a hybrid or unknown or listing a Big Nickel guy at LB.  I guess people getting hosed by that cry less than people getting rolled by Mark Barron's 20 point DB games or Khalil Mack's 200 point DE seasons.  Sometimes it changes but Roto always always always goes with what they see on the field plus historical patterns.  When Khalil Mack lined up off the line, they moved him to LB even though everything else indicated the Raiders were still a 4-3 team - DC was Norton, depth charts said 4-3, player positions aligned with 4-3, etc.

In a 3-4 generally only the real big fatties get listed at DT - technically NT - those big ol' two gappers whose job is to just be big, consume blockers, clog things up.  Anything 2-tech and out gets listed at DE.  Happens all the time.  Sucks for Raiders fans that wanna have their IDP's but all we get is ILB's to hoard.

As BB said it's still early and there's time for some to change, but most don't tend to.  Jalyn Holmes is the only one I would even be holding out hope for at this point.

At this time of year it's based on the historical alignment the DC plays and any coachspeak that has come out. 
Which makes my annoyance about OAK more pronounced.  Key and Hall should be DE and DT based on the above criteria. I expect them to be changed.

Key at LB during rookie drafts should push his value down, I may grab him late, expecting his position to be DE long term. 

Hankmoody said:
Alex Okafor is listed at LB on MFL (a leftover from his ARI days) but is now a DE on Rotoworld.  This is a likely week he changes based on their past history:

Player Position Updates (Published Wed Jul 19 5:32:30 p.m. ET 2017)
Player Position Updates (Published Tue Jun 13 6:35:11 p.m. ET 2017)
Player Position Updates (Published Tue May 9 11:33:32 p.m. ET 2017)
Player Position Updates (Published Tue Apr 4 11:54:29 p.m. ET 2017)

It seems MFL imports positions changes about every 5 weeks.  This would put future ones at July 18th and August 23 if they hold to form with a couple more late adjustments.  This is pretty consistent with 2016:

Final Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Mon Sep 5 12:11:37 a.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Sun Aug 21 11:09:10 p.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Thu Aug 18 12:47:30 a.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Wed Jul 13 7:36:25 p.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Wed Jun 8 7:32:22 p.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Tue May 3 5:01:17 p.m. ET 2016)
Player Position Updates for May (Published Fri May 4 12:45:46 a.m. ET 2018)
Player Position Updates for March (Published Mon Mar 5 9:23:01 p.m. ET 2018)

Next one should be hitting around June 13th.

Has there ever been a situation of a player getting an offseason designation change (as in Chandler Jones from LB to DE) and then getting changed back?  Jones as a DL is very tempting with my 2nd round rookie/FA pick, but I don't want to get burned if he's going to get moved back to LB.

Has there ever been a situation of a player getting an offseason designation change (as in Chandler Jones from LB to DE) and then getting changed back?  Jones as a DL is very tempting with my 2nd round rookie/FA pick, but I don't want to get burned if he's going to get moved back to LB.
It has happened. I don't anticipate it happening in this case. I would not use a 2nd. I would wait until the rookie QBs sans Rudolph are off the board as well as Hines and Ballage.

It has happened. I don't anticipate it happening in this case. I would not use a 2nd. I would wait until the rookie QBs sans Rudolph are off the board as well as Hines and Ballage.
Thanks for the thoughts.  Chandler would have been the #3 DL in our league last year, even outproducing Bosa.  That's a weekly no questions asked starter.  After the top 10 or so rookies are off the board, it's all a crap shoot.  Maybe LB Roquan Smith first, but after that I can't really see any of the rookies being immediate impact players.  It's also a 10 team start only 1 QB league, which really devalues QBs (I already have Rodgers, Brees and Cam at QB anyway). 

Which makes my annoyance about OAK more pronounced.  Key and Hall should be DE and DT based on the above criteria. I expect them to be changed.

Key at LB during rookie drafts should push his value down, I may grab him late, expecting his position to be DE long term. 
I have been partaking here all over the place based on this.  I have him in 3/4 drafts so far with him being my auto-pick with my next pick in my last draft.

Thoughts on Vic Beasley now at DL?
15.5 sacks as DE two years ago. while i don't think he can match that again, he should be better than he was at OLB. he was very boom/bust in 2016 for me with only 4 games in double figures scoring. most of the hype seems to be with Tak.

15.5 sacks as DE two years ago. while i don't think he can match that again, he should be better than he was at OLB. he was very boom/bust in 2016 for me with only 4 games in double figures scoring. most of the hype seems to be with Tak.
I've got him and Quinn (both recently changed back to DL) available in my dynasty rookie/FA draft.  I kinda feel like I can't go wrong with either.

For his price absolutely.  I just picked him up in the 6th round of a 16 man draft.
I play in a 10 team, start 2 DL league.  If he's not in the top ~25ish conversation of all DLs, he's likely not worth rostering.  Any chance of him getting 7+ sacks?

Oh no, he's not in that territory at this point, he's a pure stash right now.  We roster about 80 DE's in those leagues.  I'd give him a 25% chance of hitting that level in the next three years.  But what I do know is that none of the guys being drafted where he is has anywhere near the ceiling he does either.  He's a Tyreek Hill type stash, but if Hill played with Julio.

Well hold on now:

DE1. Khalil Mack
2. Bruce Irvin
3. Tank Carradine
4. Arden Key
5. James Cowser

DT1. Justin Ellis
2. Maurice Hurst
3. P.J. Hall
4. Mario Edwards
5. Eddie Vanderdoes

MLB1. Derrick Johnson
2. Marquel Lee

WLB1. Emmanuel Lamur
2. Nicholas Morrow

SLB1. Tahir Whitehead

OLB1. Khalil Mack
2. Bruce Irvin
3. Shilique Calhoun
4. Arden Key
5. James Cowser

WTH is THAT????

Great info by Hank and Robar.  That's why I love this site.  Making offers to try to get Mack now, before the news is more wide spread.  Maybe his owner is thinking he hasn't yet been changed to a DL with two big lists of players that got their designation changed so he won't be changed - and they held him as a LB all last year.  Fingers crossed. 

If Key does get labelled DE as expected, would you rather use a late flier on him or Markus Golden on ARI? He had a pretty good 2nd year and got hurt early last year.

If Key does get labelled DE as expected, would you rather use a late flier on him or Markus Golden on ARI? He had a pretty good 2nd year and got hurt early last year.
Golden.  He's starting, and did show well before the injury.  

Key is a speculative add, and the hope is that he can replace Irvin in 2019.  

In dynasty, he's either a taxi squad guy this year, or someone you grab off waivers in November for next year.  It'd be a surprise if he is a starter this year.  

Well hold on now:

DE1. Khalil Mack
2. Bruce Irvin
3. Tank Carradine
4. Arden Key
5. James Cowser

DT1. Justin Ellis
2. Maurice Hurst
3. P.J. Hall
4. Mario Edwards
5. Eddie Vanderdoes

MLB1. Derrick Johnson
2. Marquel Lee

WLB1. Emmanuel Lamur
2. Nicholas Morrow

SLB1. Tahir Whitehead

OLB1. Khalil Mack
2. Bruce Irvin
3. Shilique Calhoun
4. Arden Key
5. James Cowser

WTH is THAT????
He moved the OLB column to DE and created MLB/WLB/SLB and forgot to delete OLB....He already confirmed on Twitter that they’ll be DE’s. @breezeidp on Twitter 

Yep Lawson back to LB sucks but those of you in leagues that aren’t deep, here’s a nugget on the ww -

Jordan Willis - DL -  Bengals

Second-year DE Jordan Willis is expected to take over as the Bengals' "every-down" right end.

Willis won Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year as a senior before being picked in the third round of last year's draft. He played 360 snaps as a rookie, receiving strong marks from Pro Football Focus for his run defense, and Willis tested extremely well athletically before the draft. Veteran RE Michael Johnson is expected to move to a backup role, while Cincy also used a third-rounder on DE Sam Hubbard this year. 2017 fourth-rounder Carl Lawson will be in the mix, too.

And for the person that asked about Markus golden, if he puts up the numbers this year as a defense end that he put up at outside linebacker in 2016 he’ll be a top 10 DE...Key isn’t doing that. 

And my first deep dyno nugget of the year. One of if not both of Najee Goode and Anthony Walker will be 3 down LB’s for the colts. They have every intention of keeping one of the worst graded LB’s in Morrison off the field this year, there’s even a chance he doesn’t make the team. I’ll post links later tonight. These aren’t my opinions, they are beat writers opinions and observations 

Edit - 

http://www.indianasportscoverage.com/first-look-at-the-colts-new-linebacker-corps/

Linebacker: 6

The Colts decide to go away from the Antonio Morrison experiment by allowing the young, recently acquired talent through the draft to get the snaps and work towards building a foundation for the future. Goode will be expected to be the experience of the unit in the middle, Walker will earn himself the SAM role and Leonard takes the WILL while George, Adams and Franklin give some exciting depth at each position going forward.

Najee Goode

Anthony Walker

Darius Leonard

Zaire Franklin

Matthew Adams

Jeremiah George

Missed Out: Antonio Morrison, Tyrell Adams, William Ossai, Skai Moore

Kicking around the Rotoworld depth charts:

Carl Lawson at LB, that change is happening. Bummer.

Nwosu at LB for Chargers.  Bummer.

Mack and Key at DE.  

Yep Lawson back to LB sucks but those of you in leagues that aren’t deep, here’s a nugget on the ww -

Jordan Willis - DL -  Bengals

Second-year DE Jordan Willis is expected to take over as the Bengals' "every-down" right end.

Willis won Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year as a senior before being picked in the third round of last year's draft. He played 360 snaps as a rookie, receiving strong marks from Pro Football Focus for his run defense, and Willis tested extremely well athletically before the draft. Veteran RE Michael Johnson is expected to move to a backup role, while Cincy also used a third-rounder on DE Sam Hubbard this year. 2017 fourth-rounder Carl Lawson will be in the mix, too.
Does Rotoworld have a contest with another site to try to be first?  They seem a bit knee jerk with changes and hours later make a contradictory post that the guy they just moved to LB will "in the mix at DE"

Really?  Everything about Lawson so far this year is that he is a DE.  But Roto wants him to be a LB?

The following player position changes will be made on Friday, June 8th, to bring our player database up-to-date with the Rotoworld.com depth charts:

ATL: Terrell McClain from DE to DT

CIN: Carl Lawson from DE to LB

HOU: Treston Decoud from CB to S

IND: John Simon from LB to DE

IND: Denico Autry from DE to DT

IND: Rakeem Nunez-Roches from DE to DT

LAC: Uchenna Nwosu from DE to LB

NYJ: Nathan Shepherd from DT to DE

NYJ: Foley Fatukasi from DE to DT

OAK: Khalil Mack from LB to DE

OAK: Bruce Irvin from LB to DE

OAK: Arden Key from LB to DE

OAK: James Cowser from LB to DE

OAK: P.J. Hall from DE to DT

OAK: Mario Edwards from DE to DT

OAK: Eddie Vanderdoes from DE to DT

SF : Tarvarius Moore from S to CB

He's not on my radar right now. He was so disappointing last year, and the Raiders have bodies for a deep rotation. I hope I am wrong.
He's a better NFL player than fantasy guy but in DT leagues he could be sneaky.  He's not gonna get a lot of sacks but if he plays enough snaps as an edge-setter before reducing inside he might accumulate enough tackles to be a viable DT starter.  In my league DE36 (Zettel) averaged 7.1 PPG which would be DT12 with the favorable designation.

Users who are viewing this thread