Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

MFL - Position Updates 3/6

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The foolproof answer is for MFL to get off their ### and give us an EDGE position designation and get rid of all this nonsense.

In our league a player keeps their position designation as long as they are under contract (we can award 3 year contracts).  So Simmons was a DT last year and given a 3 yr contract in our league.  He

I just had an exchange with Davenport (@idpsharks). I asked why Christian Miller is left an LB when he backs up DE Irvin and has similar preseason snap alignments. The response was basically, "welp, I

Joey Bosa started his career as a 3-4 end as well. 😃

But will his role look more like Aaron Donald/Jurrell Casey or Bradley Chubb/Khalil Mack? I'd guess the latter. 😰

Gary Davenport seems convinced that Fangio (from whence DC Staley came) runs a typical 3-4, and immediately changed Broncos' position designations after Fangio got the job. 😭

However, Donald was changed to DT in Wade Phillips's 3-4 one August and was left there under Staley. Star player treatment? Donald was the closest DL LA had to an EDGE by usage. 🤷‍♂️ To my eye, the Rams OLBs were clearly OLBs unlike, say, Mack. I haven't started my off-season study, so my initial impressions might be off.

Others are clearer. Melvin Ingram is expiring. Nwosu goes to OLB. Tillery to DE. Derwin James loses upside. Rayshawn Jenkins becomes irrelevant. Jabari Zuniga, Julian Okwara, and Austin Bryant become deep sleepers at DE. Sadly, the Jets have nothing else of interest other than Big Q (still obviously a DT in my eye). Da'Shawn Hand should go to DT, but he was inexplicably changed to DE a couple years ago. I don't know if Davenport pays any attention to IDPs this deep. 

A couple of Lions are tricky. Does jamie collins's role look like Demario Davis's? He might spend another off-season way undervalued. And dare I say, dare I invoke the name 😬 TRACY WALKER?! 🔥🔥🔥

• Like 3
2 hours ago, tripp said:

Others are clearer. Melvin Ingram is expiring. Nwosu goes to OLB. Tillery to DE. Derwin James loses upside. Rayshawn Jenkins becomes irrelevant. Jabari Zuniga, Julian Okwara, and Austin Bryant become deep sleepers at DE. Sadly, the Jets have nothing else of interest other than Big Q (still obviously a DT in my eye). Da'Shawn Hand should go to DT, but he was inexplicably changed to DE a couple years ago. I don't know if Davenport pays any attention to IDPs this deep. 

A couple of Lions are tricky. Does jamie collins's role look like Demario Davis's? He might spend another off-season way undervalued. And dare I say, dare I invoke the name 😬 TRACY WALKER?! 🔥🔥🔥

What about Will Harris? He may be relegated to sub packages, but if he's able to earn 100% I think his skill set is better suited for our game.

4 hours ago, Tick said:

Mosley's my guess.

Forgot about him.  Course he hasn't seen the field much in 2 years, maybe I should just keep on forgetting about him.  Can probably snag Cashman for a 4th or if lucky a 5th come open trading for new league year.  Think Mosley will still be overpriced even with the large lay over. 

On 1/19/2021 at 11:01 PM, Riddick02 said:

Forgot about him.  Course he hasn't seen the field much in 2 years, maybe I should just keep on forgetting about him.  Can probably snag Cashman for a 4th or if lucky a 5th come open trading for new league year.  Think Mosley will still be overpriced even with the large lay over. 

Personally, I wouldn't pay anything for Cashman.  If he's free on waivers and you need a 6th LB or something, go for it... but he's pretty far down for me.  I rostered him off and on over the past two years and he just hasn't grabbed the opportunity enough to convince me... maybe with a new coaching staff he'll make a move up, but that's pretty flimsy for me.

I have Jewell, Cashman, Reeder, J Phillips, M Harrison, and K Martin behind B Martinez, D Bush, E Kendricks, and Hewitt. I'll be thrilled if 2 of them are worth my LB5 and LB6 come May, but I'm not expecting it. That's how I'm approaching Cashman and others of their ilk.