What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRADE THREAD- President Trump signs Phase One of China agreement, China promises to double its purchases in 2020 (3 Viewers)

Where does it say I have anything to do with the algorithms?   Man...you are a real gem.

I'm just a middle class investor, like most of us, who get the scraps from the big banks, hedgefunds and investment banks.  Have a good one.

Where does it say I have anything to do with the algorithms?   Man...you are a real gem.

I'm just a middle class investor, like most of us, who get the scraps from the big banks, hedgefunds and investment banks.  Have a good one.
Unbelievable. Reread my original post. I think you're confused, or just a being a rude. 

In 2013 a AP was hacked and a news report was sent out that there was an explosion at the White House. The market dipped. Imagine if a sitting President was able to manufacture that type of news on a weekly basis and use it to time segments of the market. Seems to me, it would be a great way for someone to make a ton of money over the course of a Presidency.

Wild ride today? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/trading-in-us-stock-futures-had-to-be-halted-after-violent-moves-and-markets-are-spooked/ar-BBQyE1y?li=BBnbfcN

The world's largest futures exchange, CME Group, had to repeatedly halt trading in US stock futures for brief periods this morning because of violent price moves, in an unusual intervention that has stunned traders.

US stock futures reopened this morning in Asia after an unscheduled closure to mark the funeral of former President George H.W. Bush on Wednesday. Tuesday's trade saw Wall Street selling off heavily, with the key indices down around 3% and the Dow down 800 points.

When futures re-opened in the Asian trading day on Thursday, stock futures plunged again, falling up to 1.9%. (They soon recovered and a short time ago were down just over 1%.)

It was during this opening in trade that CME Group intervened to manage the volatile trading activity, putting a stop to algorithms closing orders.

The price action caused several CME "Velocity Logic" events, which are triggers to halt futures trading when price movements move too far, or too fast in a given direction.

CME announced this morning that it intervened to prevent steeper falls in US equity futures.

We were extremely lucky on Friday that the Dow Theory sell signal wasn't triggered. Something like 36 $DJT points away. If things trend up a little bit tomorrow, and futures do seem to be in the green by 0.5% or so, I'm liquidating a good chunk of my portfolio before we cross that line.
I hope you caught the October explosion, but either way how are you feeling this week?

the taxes, the tariffs and the lack of focus/understanding/stability have all contributed.  
I'll save someone a little time and type up his post for him:

this has very little to do with Trump.  markets go up, markets go down all the time.  you just have to know where to put your money and when to do it.  personally, I've made a killing the last couple of years with our incredible president, who I'm no fan of, btw  /guesswho

I'll save someone a little time and type up his post for him:

this has very little to do with Trump.  markets go up, markets go down all the time.  you just have to know where to put your money and when to do it.  personally, I've made a killing the last couple of years with our incredible president, who I'm no fan of, btw  /guesswho
Is this like 20 questions?

Question 2:  Does this poster also quote his FIL opinions as facts often?

Question 3:  Does this poster often attribute the market reaction directly to the size (or lack thereof depending what fits the narrative he's trying to craft) of the "blue wave"?

:popcorn:  

Is this like 20 questions?

Question 2:  Does this poster also quote his FIL opinions as facts often?

Question 3:  Does this poster often attribute the market reaction directly to the size (or lack thereof depending what fits the narrative he's trying to craft) of the "blue wave"?

:popcorn:  
I don't follow people closely enough to be sure but I will tell you that I'm not saying who daPerson is I was referring to

There it is.  Dow just has to close where it is right now and if the DJT drops far enough they'll come up with a catchy name for this week.

Edit: also known as "if you don't think a recession is coming, now is the moment to buy, buy, buy."

Last edited by a moderator:
If it were a broken clock it still might not be right twice a day. 
Although I guess if you're going to flirt with a sell off signal, the time of year everyone's shipping packages and traveling to see family is maybe the best buffer you can have.  So that's going for them.

I hope you caught the October explosion, but either way how are you feeling this week?
I'm on board with the "recession in late 2019/early 2020" school of thought, so I've sold most of my stock and loaded up on CDs that will mature just before then. My timing wasn't perfect, but during weeks like this, I'm not kicking myself too hard. It feels good to be out. 

I'm on board with the "recession in late 2019/early 2020" school of thought, so I've sold most of my stock and loaded up on CDs that will mature just before then. My timing wasn't perfect, but during weeks like this, I'm not kicking myself too hard. It feels good to be out. 
Yeah, I'm way out.  If I weren't, I would be after today.

Hope you're right.  I've been out a good bit in cash longer than you so I need a bigger decline to make it pay off.  Willing to take some short term pain to get a good buying opportunity later on.

Check back in late 2019, I bought a 1000 shares of Apple today I suspect I will get a40  percent increase by this time next year enjoy you 2 percent gain.

I wonder how much Trump and his friends are making on the stock market swings over the past 2 years? Seems like someone could make a fortune if they knew how to time Trumps patterns.
If you want to make money trade like Senators.  Studies have shown their rate of return is off the charts high.

Users who are viewing this thread