What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRADE THREAD- President Trump signs Phase One of China agreement, China promises to double its purchases in 2020 (4 Viewers)

Oh FFS dude. You should self ban, this is so embarrassing.
Hey, lots of fbgs have money.  No reason to think he isn’t one.  If I had the cash and believed we weren’t going bear market I’d certainly look at apple right now. 

Edit: it’s about 25% down right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There it is.  Dow just has to close where it is right now and if the DJT drops far enough they'll come up with a catchy name for this week.

Edit: also known as "if you don't think a recession is coming, now is the moment to buy, buy, buy."
I have never participated in a recession. Just keep living life..

I was shocked when I saw the final bell..last time I looked it was a massacre.
All was exactly as I expected except I thought as soon as it was down 250-300 late there would be a sell off from Hell. 

Like I said, I’m a pessimist. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a really busy day so far, and just looked.

The stock market is an unmitigated disaster right now.
JP Morgan released a statement today that the S&P would be up 10+% this year were it not for this administration's trade policies. 

Think about that when you open up your 401k statements next January Trump supporters. :thumbup:

JP Morgan released a statement today that the S&P would be up 10+% this year were it not for this administration's trade policies. 

Think about that when you open up your 401k statements next January Trump supporters. :thumbup:
Meh. Small price to pay to stick it to the snowflakes.  SUCK IT LIBS! 

Wait, Navarro said to increase the Chinese tariffs from 10% to 200%?  :lmao:

It was a run. Feel horrible for my children and grandchild. 

Yeah heard him say that this morning and also said that Chinese exporters were the ones who paid the tariffs after the host brought up that consequences to consumers. 

why stop there?  I think they should do 1000%....why wouldn't we?  We're just filling our coffers with these amazing tariffs...to quote the wise TariffMan..."When people or countries come in to raid the great wealth of our Nation, I want them to pay for the privilege of doing so. It will always be the best way to max out our economic power. We are right now taking in $billions in Tariffs. MAKE AMERICA RICH AGAIN" 

so why wouldn't we make America as RICH as possible?  Trump was right trade wars are EASY!!!

Gopher State said:
Check back in late 2019, I bought a 1000 shares of Apple today I suspect I will get a40  percent increase by this time next year enjoy you 2 percent gain.
Congrats.  Thank Apple, then.  

Do you think anyone in this administration has noticed that every time they talk about tariffs as a good thing or about raising them the stock market drops through the floor?

Scott Lincicome‏Verified account @scottlincicome

"Dow falls 400 points after Trump advisers simultaneously contradict each other on trade"

There are essentially two arguments for tariffs: 

The first, traditional Smoot/Hawley argument is that we need them to convince  consumers to purchase American rather than foreign products, thus protecting our own industries; otherwise other countries who either subsidize their industries or pay their workers on a scale too low for us to compete with, will wipe us out. This argument has proven to be more harmful than good historically, yet it remains compelling to a lot of people with limited economic knowledge, including, I suspect, our President. (There is also an emotional, nationalist element to this argument: protect American industry first.) 

The second argument is that tariffs are a tool of trade negotiation. The goal is elimination of tariffs, but by having them we force the other side to give in -!: get rid of theirs as well. All we have to do is wait them out. Ive heard this argument a lot from conservative types lately; particularly from people I know who have always been for free trade but are now looking for ways to defend Trump. The problem with this argument is I don’t believe Trump can wait China out. The Chinese know we have elections every 2 years and President elections every 4; while that is our great strength it is also in this case a weakness because our adversaries know we can’t maintain a tough trade policy which hurts our own economy very long. So they will wait us out. 

and this is precisely how the Chinese owned him...they know he's an impulsive idiot that has used the market as a crutch....they are playing the long game and now Trump is going to try and negotiate with them from a point of complete weakness.
Shocking.

Whats even better is,  he will negotiate from a position of weakness, because of a problem he created.  Trump will then turn around and declare victory for solving a problem - that never needed solving in the first place, and has now left us in a worse position.

and this is precisely how the Chinese owned him...they know he's an impulsive idiot that has used the market as a crutch....they are playing the long game and now Trump is going to try and negotiate with them from a point of complete weakness.
....and he'll tweet to the world that his position is actually stronger than China's position (like he did a few days ago) and China will just laugh and pull the football away once again.

Oh as Donald Trump?

....and he'll tweet to the world that his position is actually stronger than China's position (like he did a few days ago) and China will just laugh and pull the football away once again.
And, when he looks around for help from the global community - who, besides Putin and Kim are there to support him?  Canada?  Mexico?  England?  Europe?

Is there any ally that Trump has not alienated?

well they are holding the head of Chinese Apple so maybe they'll threaten to torture her unless they change their trade practices....don't laugh

Gopher State said:
caustic said:
I'm on board with the "recession in late 2019/early 2020" school of thought, so I've sold most of my stock and loaded up on CDs that will mature just before then. My timing wasn't perfect, but during weeks like this, I'm not kicking myself too hard. It feels good to be out. 
Check back in late 2019, I bought a 1000 shares of Apple today I suspect I will get a40  percent increase by this time next year enjoy you 2 percent gain.
Down $3800 in less than a day, that's pretty impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread