What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRADE THREAD- President Trump signs Phase One of China agreement, China promises to double its purchases in 2020 (3 Viewers)

And, when he looks around for help from the global community - who, besides Putin and Kim are there to support him?  Canada?  Mexico?  England?  Europe?

Is there any ally that Trump has not alienated?
What makes you think Kim would support him? Or Putin for that matter? 

What makes you think Kim would support him? Or Putin for that matter? 
Because they want chaos.

A world divided allows them to do whatever it is they do.

As to your broader point - I agree that the US has never been more isolated in the international community in my lifetime.  In an era of globalization, it is scary thinking the world is moving beyond you - and learning, they don't need you.

Because they want chaos.

A world divided allows them to do whatever it is they do.

As to your broader point - I agree that the US has never been more isolated in the international community in my lifetime.  In an era of globalization, it is scary thinking the world is moving beyond you - and learning, they don't need you.
exactly....it's much better to strike a deal when you are at the head of the table as opposed to hoping you get invited to the table.  We were at the head 2 years ago when Trump stepped in and you watch the G-20 and you can see that he's an after thought.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Honest question because I understand so little about the fed and interest rates: suppose the fed chairman did exactly what Trump is demanding and lowered the prime rate, or at the very least did not increase it. What would be the consequences? 

Honest question because I understand so little about the fed and interest rates: suppose the fed chairman did exactly what Trump is demanding and lowered the prime rate, or at the very least did not increase it. What would be the consequences? 
Market would rally.  Of course there are risks of doing this namely inflation.  

Orange chickens roosting somewhere.  

Honestly, no pleasure in this.  But its inevitability was pretty damned obvious.

Massive stock market drops, tarrifs, huge debt increases, giveaways to the rich, cutting social programs for the poor, putting inept people in charge of government.

The results from inept governing and treason are getting harder and harder to distinguish, and in Trump's case, the distinction may not be necessary.

Honestly, no pleasure in this.  But its inevitability was pretty damned obvious.

Massive stock market drops, tarrifs, huge debt increases, giveaways to the rich, cutting social programs for the poor, putting inept people in charge of government.

The results from inept governing and treason are getting harder and harder to distinguish, and in Trump's case, the distinction may not be necessary.
I never knew being great again was so ####ty...

Now I want orange chicken. 😕

Recent link

Pretty much, lower highs and lower lows in both DJIA and DJT can potentially trigger an algorithmic avalanche.
I seriously thought Henry's references to the "DJT" the past couple of days were a joking reference to the scale of Trump's implosions while talking/thinking about the drops in the Dow.   Learn something new every day.

A scientist on TV just made an interesting analogy: we are feuding with China about trade the way the Starks feuded with the Lannisters. Meanwhile, the Army of the Dead (climate change) is coming, for the USA and China both...

Recent link

Pretty much, lower highs and lower lows in both DJIA and DJT can potentially trigger an algorithmic avalanche.
@TobiasFunke

Yeah, pretty much this.  I think the numbers are 24,450 or so and 9900 or so and we have a full-on textbook Dow Theory sell signal.

Of course, those are just indicators.  The suggestion that it's actually going to trigger financial Armageddon is hyperbole.  It's really just a strong indicator of a bear market and a coming recession.

Bull markets tend to ramp up, have an explosion, drop down, have another smaller explosion, drop, go to bear.  Obviously an oversimplification.  Ideally you sell before the bottom of that "sell signal" not actually use it as an indicator to sell. 

Tim O'Brien‏Verified account @TimOBrien 7m7 minutes ago

Almost $1 trillion has been wiped from the value of stocks in just four days of trading.

Almost $1 trillion has been wiped from the value of stocks in just four days of trading.
The fact that Bush had a funeral on Wednesday may have saved another $2-300 bn in value for shareholders.

Which is essentially a transfer of wealth from poor and middle class people to wealthy people, right? 
What do you mean?  I guess it depends on how you look at it and what you mean by transfer.  There is certainly less impact to the rich because of where their money is located and how it's classified.  Because the money poor/middle class has is usually in the form of wages, they will see a much more direct impact to the value of their money than rich people who have their money tied up in several different ways.

Wait, Navarro said to increase the Chinese tariffs from 10% to 200%?  :lmao:

It was a run. Feel horrible for my children and grandchild. 
200%.  25%.  Tomayto, tomahto.

Ylan Q. Mui
@ylanmui

Navarro clarifies: Tariffs could go up to 25%, not 200% @CNBCClosingBell

4:31 PM - 7 Dec 2018

Incredible. The economy was perfect.  7 straight years of growth under Obama and another year under Trump. Then Trump had to try to fix something that wasn't broken.

I can’t wait to see Rudy’s rebuttal memo. I’m sure there’s a good explanation for all of this... :popcorn:

JuniorNB said:

Incredible. The economy was perfect. 7 straight years of growth under Obama and another year under Trump. Then Trump had to try to fix something that wasn't broken.

Nah, the economy was a disaster. Trump inherited a mess. And he completely fixed it by October of 2018. Then Robert Mueller and the (angry) Democrats -- aided by the Fake News liberal media -- came along and meddled with all of the winning and ruined everything.

[/TrumpSupportersin2019]

Users who are viewing this thread