What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Prowler video: Fake or Real? (1 Viewer)

Real or Fake?

• Real prowler

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Prank or set-up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No-scope360homoibangedyourmomlastnight

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
This video has been causing quite the commotion locally. 

http://bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/home-security-video-in-sw-bakersfield-shows-prowler-with-rifle

A southwest Bakersfield resident captured video of a man holding a rifle outside his home early Wednesday morning.

Video shows the man snooping around the front door shortly before 5 a.m. in the Seven Oaks neighborhood.

He didn't knock on the door or ring the bell.

The homeowner told Eyewitness News he has a motion-sensor camera on his porch. When the camera turns on, it sends a notification to his phone.

Motion also triggers a blinking red light on the camera. The homeowner, who didn’t want his name used, said he thinks the blinking light might've spooked the prowler.

Police said the incident is under investigation and asked anyone with useful information to call Detective Kevin Hock at (661) 326-3501.

To me the whole thing seems way too far-fetched.  A rifle with a  scope?  A mask? 

My money is on it being a prank or set-up.  Maybe a couple of jack holes seeing if they can get on the news.

What say you?

Well, if it's real, that's a terrible choice of rifle to use as a weapon. Looks bolt-action.  Great for intermittent long distance shots but awful for close quarters.
Yeah the gun kind of tells the story. Even if they would’ve taken the scope off it would’ve made more sense. 

I’m guessing that it’s a person who is in tough times and had a moment of realization before going through with it. 

Well, if it's real, that's a terrible choice of rifle to use as a weapon. Looks bolt-action.  Great for intermittent long distance shots but awful for close quarters.
And that scope is gigantic. Why would anyone tote something like that around in close quarters? Either ultra stupid criminal or a terrible prank. If that turns out to be the home owners gun and the "prowler" a buddy of his, I wouldn't be surprised. 

The other thing is that this happened in one of the safest neighborhoods in town.  The article doesn't pinpoint specifics but most of that area is a gated community.

I've learned from my years of online gaming that the weapon choice is fine but to be completely effective you will need to bunny hop around so as to avoid getting shot.
The Prowler probably left because he knew that the red blinking light on the “security camera” was actually a Golden Eye proximity mine. 

That is one small dude if that's a BB gun. The rifle looks massive. Like something people take to hunt big game in relation to that guy's stature. He must be about 5'2"

Users who are viewing this thread