Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Should students be allowed to walk out of school to support pro gun rights?

KCitons

8 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Some.   Two trolling rods with the same reels.  Two salmon rods that are close to identical, also with the same reels.  Other than that, all for different types of fishing.

Right. So, that’s being really into fishing, but it completely makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Right. So, that’s being really into fishing, but it completely makes sense. 

My ex wife disagreed, but then again she was the primary reason I fished so much.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

"The Party Of Personal Responsibility"

Too bad Owen didn't finish Gay College so he'd have something to fall back on*.

like another gay dude's gay dong

Edited by McJose
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, McJose said:

Too bad Owen didn't finish Gay College so he'd have something to fall back on.

He didn't?  I can't think of much more embarrassing than having to explain in a job interview why you had to drop out of SUNY Plattsburgh when both your parents were SUNY professors.

So weird that guy and Christina Ricci were engaged.

Edited by Henry Ford

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

He didn't?  I can't think of much more embarrassing than having to explain in a job interview why you had to drop out of SUNY Plattsburgh.

So weird that guy and Christina Ricci were engaged.

Maybe he was kicked out for asking high school dudes about their pubes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

There are a small handful, very small actually, of folks here with whom I would not care to match wits, and Henry Ford is prominent on that list.  Widely read, well-informed, wicked smart, and not afraid to do his homework.  Why take him on?  Seems to me one is only inviting excoriation by his sardonic and acerbic wit.  One would have better odds in a shark tank wearing bloody seal cologne. 

Great. When you boil it down, he's the smartest person on an internet message board?

2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Your reading comprehension is atrocious. 

5 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

There are a small handful, very small actually, of folks here with whom I would not care to match wits, and Henry Ford is prominent on that list.  Widely read, well-informed, wicked smart, and not afraid to do his homework.  Why take him on?  Seems to me one is only inviting excoriation by his sardonic and acerbic wit.  One would have better odds in a shark tank wearing bloody seal cologne. 

17 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Great. When you boil it down, he's the smartest person on an internet message board?

11 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

No, just smarter than you.

Also, there’s no reason to believe this that I’m aware of. And even if it were true in any particular sense, ideas of intelligence vary widely and have massively different meanings. But I appreciate the sentiment. 

4 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

No, he's just smarter than you. Pretty straightforward, really. And the fact that you don't understand my point, well, proves my point.

Yeah, your point is lost. I would assume he's smarter. He's a lawyer. But, that doesn't make him perfect. 

6 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Well gosh, it would be a waste of time.

You don't do the self-reflect thing very well when confronted.

So, then ask yourself. Why should I change? Communication takes two parts. If someone is not receiving the intended message, perhaps you need to change the way it's delivered or what is being delivered. At this point, you don't wish to do that. Therefore, I will continue to do what I do. 

1 hour ago, Lutherman2112 said:

I see no reason to denigrate KCitons.  He is good people and does engage in respectful debate.  He is also correct that many are over stating matters in the current political debates.  When there is blood in the water it is difficult to not let it into our nostrils raising passions in us that can, unless we are mindful, cloud our judgment.

He is someone of reason and willing to compromise. When you dismiss him dismissively you are liable to offend him and cause him to become retrenched in positions you may not like.  That he has thus far not done so speaks highly of him.

Oh, when I post this it is not meant to be personally directed at you.  Your post merely reminded me of the thought.  It is actually directed at me.  I hope you will forgive me for making you the apparent, though not actual vehicle of my own self reflection.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 2

No, students need to maximize time in the classroom. Political and religious debates can be done after school hours, weekends, holidays, or their parents can do it for them.  These kids should be debating the most efficient way to construct an energy grid, and adults have them playing pawns to their chess game.  Shame on anybody who supports this garbage you are destroying their brain. 

28 minutes ago, dschuler said:

No, students need to maximize time in the classroom. Political and religious debates can be done after school hours, weekends, holidays, or their parents can do it for them.  These kids should be debating the most efficient way to construct an energy grid, and adults have them playing pawns to their chess game.  Shame on anybody who supports this garbage you are destroying their brain. 

https://gph.is/1L8Uu2C

9 hours ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Then why are we having a conversation at all? Do you believe the comments you added in the last page have helped? Does pointing out that Henry is smarter than me advance this discussion? I already admitted the he's smarter than me. Probably smarter than a lot of people here. Does that mean he determines my opinions, or yours? 

That's the issue with most things on this board. The goal is not to have someone to self-reflect, it's to convince them to agree with your opinion. 

8 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I see no reason to denigrate KCitons.  He is good people and does engage in respectful debate.  He is also correct that many are over stating matters in the current political debates.  When there is blood in the water it is difficult to not let it into our nostrils raising passions in us that can, unless we are mindful, cloud our judgment.

He is someone of reason and willing to compromise. When you dismiss him dismissively you are liable to offend him and cause him to become retrenched in positions you may not like.  That he has thus far not done so speaks highly of him.

Oh, when I post this it is not meant to be personally directed at you.  Your post merely reminded me of the thought.  It is actually directed at me.  I hope you will forgive me for making you the apparent, though not actual vehicle of my own self reflection.

Thanks for the kind words DW. 

You may not be the smartest person on this message board. But you may be the most thoughtful. 

2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

You and DW should just get a room and get it over with :unsure:

NTTAWWT

I will not hide our love away in a seedy motel fifteen minutes from DW's office in room twenty-three beginning in forty-five minutes with a key left at the front desk under the name "Mr. Underhill" simply to make you feel more comfortable.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 10:11 PM, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I disagree. Look at his posts after the Cohen raid.

He lacks the ability to accept reality, seldom answers direct questions, and refers to anyone that disagrees as being part of a "circle jerk".

you are being too kind.

On 4/6/2018 at 6:43 AM, KCitons said:

Then why are we having a conversation at all? Do you believe the comments you added in the last page have helped? Does pointing out that Henry is smarter than me advance this discussion? I already admitted the he's smarter than me. Probably smarter than a lot of people here. Does that mean he determines my opinions, or yours? 

That's the issue with most things on this board. The goal is not to have someone to self-reflect, it's to convince them to agree with your opinion. 

Many people are smarter than you. Smart, educated, and intelligent people receive information and then try to process that information. They absorb the info, think about it, and then make a decision.

You don't think. You react.

4 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Many people are smarter than you. Smart, educated, and intelligent people receive information and then try to process that information. They absorb the info, think about it, and then make a decision.

You don't think. You react.

:lmao:  

It's funny, because you think you know me. And can therefor judge me. I'm guessing if I agreed with everything everyone says I would be considered smart. 

27 minutes ago, KCitons said:

It's funny, because you think you know me. And can therefor judge me. I'm guessing if I agreed with everything everyone says I would be considered smart. 

I don't know about anyone else, but you are so far from smart. Intelligence is a measured metric of one's ability to learn.

You have shown little ability to learn. 

Edited by Lutherman2112
  • Like 2

Just now, Lutherman2112 said:

I don't know about anyone else, but you are so far from smart. Intelligence is a measured by one's ability to learn.

You have shown little ability to learn. 

Smart is not judging someone's intelligence by what is posted on an internet message board. You can however judge someones rudeness. No wonder kids bully each other. Look at the examples they have. If gun owners have blood on their hands, so do the intolerant people like yourself.  

1 minute ago, KCitons said:

Smart is not judging someone's intelligence by what is posted on an internet message board. You can however judge someones rudeness. No wonder kids bully each other. Look at the examples they have. If gun owners have blood on their hands, so do the intolerant people like yourself.  

:loco: