What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Storing a dead fox in the company refrigerator - now with Windex! (1 Viewer)

Tom Servo

Nittany Beavers
I work in a small shop at the electric company. There are 5 linemen, their boss, a meter reader and me.

The storekeeper is here today on his usual day to meet the material truck. He mentioned in passing that there's a dead fox in the freezer of our refrigerator here at work. I open it up, and yes, wrapped inside a large garbage bag, is a dead fox.  :X   Needless to say, I took it to the dumpster and hooped it.

Now, the thing is, the dummy who put it in there is likely going to out themselves when they come to find out that it's gone.

Plus, I'm not storing anything in that freezer now until it's been cleaned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work in a small shop at the electric company. There are 5 linemen, their boss, a meter reader and me.

The storekeeper is here today on his usual day to meet the material truck. He mentioned in passing that there's a dead fox in the freezer of our refrigerator here at work. I open it up, and yes, wrapped inside a large garbage bag, is a dead fox.  :X   Needless to say, I took it to the dumpster and hooped it.

Now, the thing is, the dummy who put it in there is likely going to out themselves when they come to find out that it's gone.

probably the best title to a thread EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neatly wrapped in a bag? I would just slide it out of my way when I am reaching for the ice. I have no problems with dead animals in the freezer. I have a quarter beef in one at home.
does your quarter beef have fur on it?  makes a difference.

Looking forward to the update when someone comes into the office looking to find the person stealing lunches from the company freezer....
thanks dudes.  I really needed the humor this morning.  Just when you think the mundane---a fox shows up in the company freezer.

Refrigerator vs Freezer... BIG difference...

I know you specified in your post, but the title is misleading.

Fridge = :X

Freezer = :shrug:

The only possible reason I could see why they had it in there was because someone planned to take it to a taxidermist.  Someone's gonna be pissed you tossed it.

:popcorn:  
That has been speculated and all of these guys are hunters. However, I'm not sure anyone wants to mount road kill.

A few months back, one of the lineman went up on the roof with a sack of dead possums and threw them off the roof to make it look to Building Services like we had a possum problem here.

Best friend growing up had a pig farm and the dad and sons were all trappers/hunters.

This was pretty much exactly what his garage looked like and you had to walk through the garage to get into the house..

Dead fox in a freezer??   :coffee:

I wouldn't be so bold as to throw someone else's items away from the freezer. Maybe if it had been there for a month and I checked with everyone and nobody claimed it. What gives you the right to throw out what belongs to someone else? I hope some big lineman kicks your rear end for throwing out his stuff.

Any chance they needed to preserve the fox in case it had rabies?  State rabies testing labs usually require a frozen head.

I wouldn't be so bold as to throw someone else's items away from the freezer. Maybe if it had been there for a month and I checked with everyone and nobody claimed it. What gives you the right to throw out what belongs to someone else? I hope some big lineman kicks your rear end for throwing out his stuff.
It's in the dumpster and projected to be in the 30s all weekend. :shrug:

Any chance they needed to preserve the fox in case it had rabies?  State rabies testing labs usually require a frozen head.
Nope. I would've known about the bite since the employee would have filed it on the Minor Injury Log (which triggers an investigation and I'm on the safety committee). If they happened to run across it on the job, they more than likely would have run it right to the game warden since this is an area where everybody knows everyone else.

Sorry, I knew I left something behind. Next time, I'll put it in your desk. Thanks for tossing my deceased pet before I could give a proper funeral, ###.

Did you also find a box large enough for someone to sit in?

Maybe somebody was collecting props for their kid's school play of Green Eggs and Ham, Sam I am.

Users who are viewing this thread