What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What state to move to? (1 Viewer)

NeverEnough

Footballguy
There's really nothing keeping me in PA & I hate cold weather. With the housing market bs, I'm thinking take another stab at looking into getting the hell out & go somewhere else with better weather & lower COL.

I've been applying to jobs in South FL for years (I have close friends that live there) and, if any of the jobs that did offer me a role panned out, I'd already be down there. Seems as though pay & the job market are #### there, though. At least for what I do.

So what states/cities should I be looking into? I'd prefer somewhere with no winters like PA, but not opposed to moving somewhere else that has similar winters. However, I will not go north & I will not move to CA or back to NJ. Also prefer a state where I can still lawfully concealed carry without issue. I do not have any desire to live in a city setting, regardless of where. Suburbs for me.

You have a ton of options.  Places in TX are booming.  Nashville is doing quite well.  

Do you want to be near a beach, near the mountains?

Most southern states respect the 2nd amendment. 

You have a ton of options.  Places in TX are booming.  Nashville is doing quite well.  

Beach would be nice, but I go so little as is that I don't care.

In other words, as long as it's legit & I can make $, I'll sell it.
Good luck with that.  Honestly, it is hard to answer your questions without know the basics of your skill set other than I can "sell anything".  If you truly believe your skill set is unmatched why not just move and let the pieces fall into place wherever you pick? 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Texas is a good suggestion. Two other good ones are Tennessee and Nevada. Both can get cold but still warmer than northern states.

"Seven U.S. states currently don't have an income tax:

Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. And residents of New Hampshire and Tennessee are also spared from handing over an extra chunk of their paycheck on April 15, though they do pay tax on dividends and income from investments."

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with that.  Honestly, it is hard to answer your questions without know the basics of your skill set other than I can "sell anything".  If you truly believe your skill set is unmatched why not just move and let the pieces fall into place wherever you pick? 
Bring him a tank, he'll sell the ####### thing. 

He's up in Middletown and has to get the #### outta that area.  Had some guy, he don't know if he wants to buy.  Pushed his face into the ####### hood, said you buy this ####### car or I break your ####### legs.

he had problems up there.

Bring him a tank, he'll sell the ####### thing. 

He's up in Middletown and has to get the #### outta that area.  Had some guy, he don't know if he wants to buy.  Pushed his face into the ####### hood, said you buy this ####### car or I break your ####### legs.

he had problems up there.
:lmao:  

:yes:

Wife won't go west so the only places we'd really consider moving to are Nashville, Savannah, Charleston and Raleigh. Maybe Jacksonville.

Because I don't want to live in my car? No one rents to someone with no job.

What exactly would you like to know? I have a lot of years of successful inside sales experience in many industries.

There's really nothing keeping me in PA & I hate cold weather. With the housing market bs, I'm thinking take another stab at looking into getting the hell out & go somewhere else with better weather & lower COL.

I've been applying to jobs in South FL for years (I have close friends that live there) and, if any of the jobs that did offer me a role panned out, I'd already be down there. Seems as though pay & the job market are #### there, though. At least for what I do.

So what states/cities should I be looking into? I'd prefer somewhere with no winters like PA, but not opposed to moving somewhere else that has similar winters. However, I will not go north & I will not move to CA or back to NJ. Also prefer a state where I can still lawfully concealed carry without issue. I do not have any desire to live in a city setting, regardless of where. Suburbs for me.
This pretty well describes Arizona. 

What part?

So far it's looking like TN, SC, NC, AZ, TX, FL & NV will be considered.
Don't answer this if you don't want to, but what do you do for work? 

I can provide several areas of Arizona with low cost of living and some good job opportunities depending on your trade/profession. 

In other words, as long as it's legit & I can make $, I'll sell it.
This is relatively cryptic, but it sounds like the areas surrounding Phoenix would serve you pretty well.  

I'd suggest: Anthem, Cave Creek, Queen Creek, Gilbert, Buckeye, and Casa Grande. 

This is relatively cryptic, but it sounds like the areas surrounding Phoenix would serve you pretty well.  

I'd suggest: Anthem, Cave Creek, Queen Creek, Gilbert, Buckeye, and Casa Grande. 
What would you like to know? Not trying to be cryptic. I sit at a desk all day selling over the phone & email. I have no desire to switch to outside sales. I've been doing this for a lot of years & have been in several different industries. I've also had success doing appointment setting.

What would you like to know? Not trying to be cryptic. I sit at a desk all day selling over the phone & email. I have no desire to switch to outside sales. I've been doing this for a lot of years & have been in several different industries. I've also had success doing appointment setting.
I guess to be honest I wouldn't really know much about a particular industry.  Sales, though, will likely keep you in/around the Phoenix and Tucson areas if you're considering Arizona.  

If you can find something remote places like Prescott, Payson, Camp Verde, Cottonwood, Lake Havasu, amongst others should probably jump on your radar.  

Magic_Man said:
Do you own your own house?  

Do you own your own house?  
I have been a home owner, but not currently. I'm house shopping, but this market is #### for buyers in my area so that + never liked winter + nothing really keeping me here = why not at least look at other possible places to go? No kids or anything to worry about either.

Magic_Man said:
What part?

So far it's looking like TN, SC, NC, AZ, TX, FL & NV will be considered.
I have no clue honestly.  There was a large exodus of people CA residents who moved there because it was so much cheaper to live.  It's hot af too.

Magic_Man said:
Again, don't answer if you don't want to, but let's just make it simple to start. What exactly are you selling in your current position?

TX is a great choice but South FL is a haven for telemarketers so I'm surprised you haven't been able to find work there?

Magic_Man said:
What do you sell?  Products, services, wheat penny’s?  It matters due to the industries in certain markets.  If you are a hardcore it person Silicon Valley is for you, energy, Texas is for you.  I would imagine there is a reason why you are not getting job offers in fl and it is not because the economy is bad.

Nevada might be a good choice to help with your blog about online dating disasters.

What happened to that thread, anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread