What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Green Bay Packers Thread (1 Viewer)

OL at 12, don't overthink here , safe and solid !
OL is not remotely safe and sound as far as us old-timers are concerned.  D. Sherrod, J. Michels, T. Mandarich ...

This season's strength could be next season's weakness.  My hope as always is to completely ignore current needs and select the best player available.

I can't be bothered following this stuff, but am looking forward to reading about all the Packers' new players next week.

These draft experts predicting Lock @ 1.30  :lol: Come ON! They trade away a first round (albeit never actually played like one) in Randall for Kizer in one of Gute's first move as GM....not gonna happen.

Take Hock or the best OL at 12, if  somehow Hock falls to 12, trade 30 for more OL, DL  & Andy Isabella.

Go Pack! 

These draft experts predicting Lock @ 1.30  :lol: Come ON! They trade away a first round (albeit never actually played like one) in Randall for Kizer in one of Gute's first move as GM....not gonna happen.

Take Hock or the best OL at 12, if  somehow Hock falls to 12, trade 30 for more OL, DL  & Andy Isabella.

Go Pack! 
Agreed hacks comparing it to the Packers drafting Rodgers when they still had Favre.  Completely different as Favre was talking retirement for at least a season or two when they drafted Rodgers. 

Agreed hacks comparing it to the Packers drafting Rodgers when they still had Favre.  Completely different as Favre was talking retirement for at least a season or two when they drafted Rodgers. 
The two situations are obviously different, but the fact remains that Rodgers' successor is not currently on the roster, and I think there are signs he is declining and becoming more and more susceptible to injury.   Its always better to act early, before it becomes an emergency situation where we are acting from a position of urgent need, rather than preparing for the future. I don't really follow the draft, but if the Packers believe another Aaron Rodgers is on the board at #12 or #30, they absolutely have to take him.   I think it is imperative the team is comfortable that they have identified and signed Rodgers' successor by this time next year.  Putting it off any longer risks sending the team into a Bears/Vikings spiral into NFL hell.

The two situations are obviously different, but the fact remains that Rodgers' successor is not currently on the roster, and I think there are signs he is declining and becoming more and more susceptible to injury.   Its always better to act early, before it becomes an emergency situation where we are acting from a position of urgent need, rather than preparing for the future. I don't really follow the draft, but if the Packers believe another Aaron Rodgers is on the board at #12 or #30, they absolutely have to take him.   I think it is imperative the team is comfortable that they have identified and signed Rodgers' successor by this time next year.  Putting it off any longer risks sending the team into a Bears/Vikings spiral into NFL hell.
:goodposting: We saw the QB stylings of DKizer and it aint pretty.  Agree, the heir apparent needs to be on board asap and I will be shocked if it happens in the first round of this years draft.

CletiusMaximus said:
They have too many needs to take a QB with one of their 1st 3 picks. Draft a QB in round 3 or later. You have a couple of years to gamble on a later round QB. More important needs for future OL on the right side, need a replacement for the senior citizens at TE, and still need some pass rushers. Could also use another weapon at WR.

Too early for Fant. With Hockenson gone along with the two Linebackers, would not hate a trade down now.

Too early for Fant. With Hockenson gone along with the two Linebackers, would not hate a trade down now.
Not a terrible choice...odd Schefter posted earlier they looked to trade up from 30 so who knows if they like a few guys in the teens to twenties and move down now and back up later tonight with picks they get for moving down. 

CletiusMaximus said:
Agree to disagree. With the huge extension they gave Rodgers they have to put as much talent around him as possible.  Worry about the future later I’d hate to see them waste Rodgers like they have been.

Dark Matter said:
:goodposting: We saw the QB stylings of DKizer and it aint pretty.  Agree, the heir apparent needs to be on board asap and I will be shocked if it happens in the first round of this years draft.
Yeah but don’t waste a top pick.  Build a team to win now odds are there is going to be a period of crappy football once Rodgers is done.  

Not sure how I feel about the Gary pick. Don’t hate it or love it.  Hopefully they can keep him motivated but he does appear to have the physical tools.

at Michigan (in 3years)only 9.5 sacks, missed time last season with injury, this is at least Questionable pick at 12

Opinion is one thing but he declared it a terrible pick.  An opinion is I hate that pick declaring a pick as terrible seems more like a statement of fact.  
Agree...opinion is I prefer this guy or this guy.

Is he is a risk?  Sure...is he a freak athlete? Hell yes.  

Users who are viewing this thread