What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Dallas Goedert, PHI (1 Viewer)

Dallas Goedert (calf) did not practice Wednesday.

Goedert is looking highly unlikely to suit up against the Lions after departing early in Week 2. It's unfortunate, as Goedert would have been in for a target increase with DeSean Jackson (groin) and Alshon Jeffery (calf) also ailing. Zach Ertz is poised for another week of monster volume.

Sep 18, 2019, 5:23 PM ET

Standard. Guy won't ever get a shot in his prime with Philly anyway. He's really close to droppable for me. I just don't see him being consistent enough to start this season or the next........

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly if he comes out this year when he gets healthy and plays well I'd quietly ask for a trade. I'd do it the right way at first but if they didn't trade me I'd hold out at some point. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly if he comes out this year when he gets healthy and plays well I'd quietly ask for a trade. I'd do it the right way at first but if they didn't trade me I'd hold out at some point. 
He's not holding out. He's not getting any wear or risking his career playing like a starting RB would. He's stuck behind a better guy right now. Eventually, the Eagles might want to move on from Ertz and keep Goeddert. He's not asking for anything in his 3rd year when he'll be a year from FA or a bigger role. 

He's not holding out. He's not getting any wear or risking his career playing like a starting RB would. He's stuck behind a better guy right now. Eventually, the Eagles might want to move on from Ertz and keep Goeddert. He's not asking for anything in his 3rd year when he'll be a year from FA or a bigger role. 
Yeah it's not going to happen but if I was him I'd try to force my way out. NFL careers are to short and players are realizing they can push their way out of unhappy situations. Not sure he could do it but I'm sure there's a dozen teams that would love to have him starting for them. 

Yeah it's not going to happen but if I was him I'd try to force my way out. NFL careers are to short and players are realizing they can push their way out of unhappy situations. Not sure he could do it but I'm sure there's a dozen teams that would love to have him starting for them. 
It's usually RBs that do it though. They have a legitimate beef. They are starting players that are integral to their team's success but get used up within the first 4-5 years of their career before they can start earning the big bucks. WRs are similar but the threat there is more sudden. One play can end their career where as RBs just take a pounding every single play (even though one play could end them too). 

Backup TE is never going to rock the boat because he's not being overly used so he doesn't have the wear and tear of those guys. And if he stays the good soldier, he'll be the guy soon enough. Zach Ertz gets hurt a lot. Goeddert will get his chances to shine. Then it will be either the Eagles or another team paying him top dollar. Look at Trey Burton. He did his time, got paid by Chicago and he's not even that good. DG will get his.

It's usually RBs that do it though. They have a legitimate beef. They are starting players that are integral to their team's success but get used up within the first 4-5 years of their career before they can start earning the big bucks. WRs are similar but the threat there is more sudden. One play can end their career where as RBs just take a pounding every single play (even though one play could end them too). 

Backup TE is never going to rock the boat because he's not being overly used so he doesn't have the wear and tear of those guys. And if he stays the good soldier, he'll be the guy soon enough. Zach Ertz gets hurt a lot. Goeddert will get his chances to shine. Then it will be either the Eagles or another team paying him top dollar. Look at Trey Burton. He did his time, got paid by Chicago and he's not even that good. DG will get his.
I think you're underestimating Goederts health risks here but I agree he's not going to hold out. 

Anyone else find it funny that Philly traded up to get this guy and don’t really use him at all?
But he's not being used by Dallas. Which was also part of the consideration. I have no doubt he'd be a monster on the cowboys who had to call back a retired Witten just to field a capable TE.

Add in the fact that Ertz had been getting hurt every year up til last year, and having a good backup TE makes a lot of sense.

So that’s worth moving up in the 2nd?

Do you wish as an Eagles fan they would’ve used that pick on a DB? 
I believe so. Dak is a good QB. He's not great but he's getting there. If he had a TE like Goeddert, he'd be a lot better. I'd rather take that away than taking a shot on a DB. Rasul Douglas was a 2nd round DB and he's just ok. Goeddert has the potential to be a all pro player. 

I believe so. Dak is a good QB. He's not great but he's getting there. If he had a TE like Goeddert, he'd be a lot better. I'd rather take that away than taking a shot on a DB. Rasul Douglas was a 2nd round DB and he's just ok. Goeddert has the potential to be a all pro player. 
Yeah, I don’t remember which DBs were there for the taking at the time.

I do remember Eagles fans here defending the pick stating that the Eagles didn’t have any needs so backup TE was the right move. 

That wasn’t correct 

Yeah, I don’t remember which DBs were there for the taking at the time.

I do remember Eagles fans here defending the pick stating that the Eagles didn’t have any needs so backup TE was the right move. 

That wasn’t correct 
TE was a need going into that draft. IDC if you believe it or not, but it was as any Eagles fan will tell you. They had lost Trey Burton and had Ertz and.....who? on their roster?

This makes me despise the Eagles. They move up to take a guy so he's not a star on another team. 

Everybody wins!

Actually Sidney Jones was a 2nd round pick and Rasul was a 3rd round pick, both taken in 2017. You don't want to spent too much draft capital in one area.

This makes me despise the Eagles. They move up to take a guy so he's not a star on another team. 

Everybody wins!
So the Eagles see one of the best players at a position of need falling and Witten had just informed the Cowboys he was retiring. So they gave up a 5th to leap over the suddenly-TE-needy division rival and grab a player they wanted.

Evil I tell you! Plain evil!

So the Eagles see one of the best players at a position of need falling and Witten had just informed the Cowboys he was retiring. So they gave up a 5th to leap over the suddenly-TE-needy division rival and grab a player they wanted.

Evil I tell you! Plain evil!
Sucks for us fans. That's for sure. Lost years of seeing Goedert play great. 

TE was a need going into that draft. IDC if you believe it or not, but it was as any Eagles fan will tell you. They had lost Trey Burton and had Ertz and.....who? on their roster?
Ertz led all TEs in catches and was I believe 3 in the league in yards for TEs

The Eagles gave up the 3rd? most pass yds in the league

Drafting Goedert where they did didn’t help the pass O. And it didn’t help the pass D.

Ertz led all TEs in catches and was I believe 3 in the league in yards for TEs

The Eagles gave up the 3rd? most pass yds in the league

Drafting Goedert where they did didn’t help the pass O. And it didn’t help the pass D.
You may not like their draft strategy, but TE was most definitely a need going into the '18 draft. And they took arguably the best one in the draft. Its yet to be determined if he helps the passing offense (he's injured 2 games into his 2nd season at a position that is the hardest to learn in the NFL) and they addressed their DBs and pass rush later in that same draft.

My goodness, how many more seasons are people going to whine over this draft pick?  :deadhorse:

You may not like their draft strategy, but TE was most definitely a need going into the '18 draft. And they took arguably the best one in the draft. Its yet to be determined if he helps the passing offense (he's injured 2 games into his 2nd season at a position that is the hardest to learn in the NFL) and they addressed their DBs and pass rush later in that same draft.

My goodness, how many more seasons are people going to whine over this draft pick?  :deadhorse:
I’m not whining about anything. I’m saying it was dumb

Just like I’ve said over and over that bringing Witten back was dumb

I have no problem calling out my favorite football team. It’s just football.

i have yet to see one Eagles fan (here) admit that it may have been better to address the pass D with that pick. Yet many folks that root for other teams see it. Eagles fans I know irl see it. 

i have yet to see one Eagles fan (here) admit that it may have been better to address the pass D with that pick. Yet many folks that root for other teams see it. Eagles fans I know irl see it. 
Fine, you've said it. Now we can all move on.

Best Player Available. 

Hard to use a player that's injured.  Also, he just entered his second season, so your claim is a bit presumptuous and premature.
How much is Miami using Gesicki? While I agree Philadelphia is a bad landing spot compared to Dallas, it is to soon to say whether Goedert will waste away and be unusable the next couple years. 

If he was healthy right now while these WR's are hurt, no one would be talking about them under-using Goedurt. Sometimes things don't line up perfectly. But if Ertz ever gets hurt, Goedurt is a top-5 TE immediately.

If he was healthy right now while these WR's are hurt, no one would be talking about them under-using Goedurt. Sometimes things don't line up perfectly. But if Ertz ever gets hurt, Goedurt is a top-5 TE immediately.
Sigh..........

Doesn't matter. He's on Dallas where he should be and he's the #1 TE in football. 

PHILLY HAS SCREWED US ALL!

Milkman said:
Sigh..........

Doesn't matter. He's on Dallas where he should be and he's the #1 TE in football. 

PHILLY HAS SCREWED US ALL!
He would not be the #1 TE in football, jesus christ man.

And again, Philly didn't screw you at all.  You drafted the guy in fantasy AFTER he was already an Eagle.  How did they screw you?

He would not be the #1 TE in football, jesus christ man.

And again, Philly didn't screw you at all.  You drafted the guy in fantasy AFTER he was already an Eagle.  How did they screw you?
Good god do you how dry the TE market is in FF. There's like 4 maybe 5 guys. Yes Goedert on Dallas is an LEAGUE WINNER. I get it though I won't come in here for at least a month and remind all you Philly fans how bad Philly did Goedert. Still doesn't make it true. What a joke. Trade up to draft a blocking TE. Jfc

Users who are viewing this thread