Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty: Dallas Goedert, TE Philadelphia Eagles

I still don't understand how the game is tonight and @Maurile Tremblay still has him as a top TE start this week.  Not trying to rag on you guys as I love your rankings, this one just seems weird as there was no indication all week that he was practicing or coming off of IR, and even @David Dodds had him ranked high for this week until this morning (and still has some points for him projected this week)

2 minutes ago, Deamon said:

I still don't understand how the game is tonight and @Maurile Tremblay still has him as a top TE start this week.  Not trying to rag on you guys as I love your rankings, this one just seems weird as there was no indication all week that he was practicing or coming off of IR, and even @David Dodds had him ranked high for this week until this morning (and still has some points for him projected this week)

Yea not sure what they heard. 

21 hours ago, Deamon said:

I still don't understand how the game is tonight and @Maurile Tremblay still has him as a top TE start this week.

I don't have an answer to this. I had Goedert listed as out all week in my notes. I don't know why he wasn't zeroed in my upload to the site -- I obviously did something stupid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I don't have an answer to this. I had Goedert list as out all week in my notes. I don't know why he wasn't zeroed in my upload to the site -- I obviously did something stupid.

Ah ok.  Didn't mean to call you out, just was wondering if you knew something we didn't, and found it odd how you and Dodds both had points for him when he was still on IR.  But that makes sense, thanks!

3 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

What does this mean? I've seen it several times and can't figure it out by context. I feel like a ##### for asking, but the curiosity is getting the best of me...

It’s a kind of book mark, let’s you know you’re interested in a thread 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tricky92 said:

People used to do just this to mark threads with activity so they can easily come back to them. Then they made a Black Dot smiley as a joke because it happened so much. It also used to be called Sehorn. I can't remember why now. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Insein said:

People used to do just this to mark threads with activity so they can easily come back to them. Then they made a Black Dot smiley as a joke because it happened so much. It also used to be called Sehorn. I can't remember why now. 

I think the mark used to be a white mark in the corner of that thread title *white corner*

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

7 hours ago, Wrigley said:

It’s a kind of book mark, let’s you know you’re interested in a thread 

Someone explained that to me recently. And I guess I get that. But how does it let you know later that you are interested in the thread? Once you place the dot, how do you later use it to your advantage?

Edited by VikingFrog
Spelling

12 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Someone explained that to me recently. And I guess I get that. But how does it let you know later that you are interested in the thread? Once you place the dot, how do you later use it to your advantage?

An * mark will appear in the forum for those topics you posted in.    Go back to the forum listing and look at this topic.   See it now?

14 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

The thread will have a “star” to the left...indicating you’ve posted in the thread.

13 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

When you comment in any thread, even a white dot, the thread star gets bolder so it is easy to see where you commented previously

49 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Thanks. I’ve been here a long time and never bothered to wonder what those marks to the left of threads are.

You can also view only threads you posted in the activity drop down under your profile area. Makes it easier to quickly go through the threads you're looking for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Insein said:

You can also view only threads you posted in the activity drop down under your profile area. Makes it easier to quickly go through the threads you're looking for. 

So you are telling me instead of spending 6 hours parusing through threads every workday I can now spend 3!?!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

1 minute ago, tricky92 said:

I think he's going to blow up down the stretch.

Me too.  If the OL gels a bit and plays well enough to give Carson some time, he's going to be looking for Dallas a TON at the end of the year. 

WIth playoff games vs the Saints/Cardinals/Cowboys, there could be some shootouts or games Philly is playing from behind too and throwing the ball a lot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Me too.  If the OL gels a bit and plays well enough to give Carson some time, he's going to be looking for Dallas a TON at the end of the year. 

WIth playoff games vs the Saints/Cardinals/Cowboys, there could be some shootouts or games Philly is playing from behind too and throwing the ball a lot.

And Ertz looks cooked.

Eagles designated TE Dallas Goedert (ankle) to return from injured reserve.

It opens a 21-day practice window for Goedert. The Eagles are desperate to get Goedert back with Zach Ertz (ankle) sidelined, but it may be a stretch for him to return this week. Goedert will be a plug-in TE1 whenever he gets cleared.

- Philadelphia Eagles

Edited by The Frankman

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1321477192233160705

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

#Eagles WR Jalen Reagor and TE Dallas Goedert practicing today. Goedert likely limited but Reagor doing well. LT Jason Peters back as well. This team is starting to get healthy.

If he gets in 3 'Limited's... do they play him?

Edited by The Frankman

This guy could be a beast down the stretch.  I dumped Ertz for him last week.  With the bad blood now between Ertz and management, hopefully Ertz takes his sweet time coming back. Dude can't be happy about the report that Howie was trying to trade him prior to the injury. I figure the Eagles would like nothing better than to pass the torch to Goedert, and what better way to do that than to feature him while Ertz is out and really see what they have with him in preparation of trading Ertz away this summer. 

I could see Wentz leaning on him heavily given the skeleton crew of options left to work with in Philly (Fulgham, Reagor, and a bunch of JAGs). Add to that a friendly pass schedule and the arrow is pointing way up for this guy. 

Edited by Johnny Utah #9
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

I have Jonnu and picked up Goedert last week. I'll hold. With the TE position a crapshoot after the top guys, I'm hoping to trade him right before playoffs after he comes back.

Or you could trade Jonnu...

Or keep the depth rather than improve someone else's stock.

• Like 1