Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty: Dallas Goedert, TE Philadelphia Eagles


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, travdogg said:

I'd be blown away if he fell to the 3rd. Decent  chance he's the 1st TE off the board. I think think he's clearly the best guy, but it seems he, Gesicki and Hurst all have their fans. If the Saints wait until round 3, Mark Andrews would be perfect. 

Bucky and Mayock both have Hurst at 1 and I think Goeddert 2. They seem to think Gesisciki to the Saints would be a perfect fit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since week 6 of last year Goedert has averaged. 7 targets a game putting up 5-55-.43 That prorates out to 80-880-7 in 16 games and would have made him TE5 last year in ppr. During that

I'm rewatching the game and there's one thing I noticed right now that gave me pause on Goedert. Philly just got Wentz sacked 8 times and they lost the game. On the Ertz TD they had Goedert go in moti

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::d

Watching with interest.  Living in the midwest, I think it's likely Goeddert is being knocked down a bit coming from a FCS school like SDSU, but let's not forget they are in the same conference (Missouri Valley) as North Dakota State (some guy named Carson Wentz) and they play very good football.  These schools have a decent history of knocking off good BCS conference teams from Big 10 and Big 12 conference recently as an example.  This is a good football conference. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scott46984 said:

Watching with interest.  Living in the midwest, I think it's likely Goeddert is being knocked down a bit coming from a FCS school like SDSU, but let's not forget they are in the same conference (Missouri Valley) as North Dakota State (some guy named Carson Wentz) and they play very good football.  These schools have a decent history of knocking off good BCS conference teams from Big 10 and Big 12 conference recently as an example.  This is a good football conference. 

I really like Goedert and we know guys like Wentz, David Johnson and Adam Thielen are all real small midwest school guys who have hit big. However, when trying to proximate what they can do in the NFL, we have to give a slight knock to guys like Goedert and Shaheen. The level of competition for time and touches on SDSU is nothing compared to Penn State. The quality of athletes on opposing defenses can't compare to what South Carolina faced. If Goedert had put up 2400 yards and 18 TDs over 2 seasons at Oklahoma, he would be seen as a prospect on par with Njoku last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I’m not sure where people are coming from Fantasy-wise - drafting pre NFL draft? Because it all depends on situation of where he’s drafted. I know that’s obvious but it’s worth stating.

Brees btw was lobbying hard & publicly for Graham to be resigned. In fact I think it was one of his inducements to resign. But even though the Pack got him I think the Saints are still on the hook to get Brees a weapon he wants. If Gesicki is there I think they get him or maybe they get Moore if he’s not. But Goedert seems like a reach in the 1st. If he’s available in the 3rd the Saints would get him but they don’t have a 2nd. I only say all this because you will struggle to find a team where TEs really matter like they do with the Saints. And before you bring up Fleener look at what he did vs the Redskins all in the 4th (5/91) only after all else failed. Brees can dial that up whenever he wants.

Brees should posture for more D help instead of more weapons if he actually wants to win and not just pad his stats

Edited by JetMaxx
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, scott46984 said:

Watching with interest.  Living in the midwest, I think it's likely Goeddert is being knocked down a bit coming from a FCS school like SDSU, but let's not forget they are in the same conference (Missouri Valley) as North Dakota State (some guy named Carson Wentz) and they play very good football.  These schools have a decent history of knocking off good BCS conference teams from Big 10 and Big 12 conference recently as an example.  This is a good football conference. 

I was a huge Wentz fan well before the Eagles had him. Was even telling people thats the Eagles next QB. A lot of people brushed it off do to coming from an FCS school. I was defending it with NDSU could very well play in the top ranks of College football like App St eventually. Their offense is a hybrid of both spread and pro style and Wentz was doing things at QB no other QB since Peyton was doing at any school. He was making throws many upper tier college Quarterbacks couldn't make. I get the small school excuse do to competition and such but at this point especially with Football it's just a very dismissive excuse. A lot of Eagles fans wanted Zeke but knowing the culture the Eagles were trying to build and once they moved up to #2 I knew Zeke was not going to the Eagles do to personal off the field issues with him. I was defending Wentz on my Facebook to friends and even those on another board before he was drafted. These same people dismissive of Wentz on the forum I was at were the ones who wanted Paxton Lynch, Manziel, Hackenburg and the ilk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

I really like Goedert and we know guys like Wentz, David Johnson and Adam Thielen are all real small midwest school guys who have hit big. However, when trying to proximate what they can do in the NFL, we have to give a slight knock to guys like Goedert and Shaheen. The level of competition for time and touches on SDSU is nothing compared to Penn State. The quality of athletes on opposing defenses can't compare to what South Carolina faced. If Goedert had put up 2400 yards and 18 TDs over 2 seasons at Oklahoma, he would be seen as a prospect on par with Njoku last year. 

With all due respect to To Oklahoma do they even play defense in their conference? I'm always sketchy taking players from high offensive conferences where most games end 70-55 or some outrageous score. I know a lot of people like these shootout (Maybe not the best word to use these days)  games I find a defensive punch em in the mouth game 9 out of 10 times more entertaining. I know a lot of people were saying RG3 was this sensation and others but really how many great defenses do these teams face per year. I want to watch the conference to get a view on prospects but I can't when teams are scoring every 4 mins of a game. I get the small school knock but couldn't the same type of thing be used for guys who play in conferences where theres a lack of defenses or offense? I always argued one of the reasons Reggie Bush wasn't as good in the NFL was back then the Pac10 was very weak and the defenses weren't great. I also thought Bush was more of a situational guy not a bell cow guy. Nice option to catch passes out of the backfield get 5-8 carries per game and help you in the return game. Not sure what that was worth back when he was drafted but I wouldn't have wasted a top 10 pick on an RB who couldn't carry the load for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JetMaxx said:

Brees should posture for more D help instead of more weapons if he actually wants to win and not just pad his stats

Brees seems more interested in padding stats these days then winning. He already has a SB and he has a nice contract. What more does he need now? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

With all due respect to To Oklahoma do they even play defense in their conference? I'm always sketchy taking players from high offensive conferences where most games end 70-55 or some outrageous score. I know a lot of people like these shootout (Maybe not the best word to use these days)  games I find a defensive punch em in the mouth game 9 out of 10 times more entertaining. I know a lot of people were saying RG3 was this sensation and others but really how many great defenses do these teams face per year. I want to watch the conference to get a view on prospects but I can't when teams are scoring every 4 mins of a game. I get the small school knock but couldn't the same type of thing be used for guys who play in conferences where theres a lack of defenses or offense? I always argued one of the reasons Reggie Bush wasn't as good in the NFL was back then the Pac10 was very weak and the defenses weren't great. I also thought Bush was more of a situational guy not a bell cow guy. Nice option to catch passes out of the backfield get 5-8 carries per game and help you in the return game. Not sure what that was worth back when he was drafted but I wouldn't have wasted a top 10 pick on an RB who couldn't carry the load for you. 

I agree the defense in the Big12 isn't good relative to the other power conferences but there is no comparison between the level of athletes playing defense in the Big 12 and to the FCS. Also, the Goedert's stat line at SDSU was massive for a TE. Mark Andrews will probably be one of the first 5 TEs taken and at Oklahoma over last 2 years he only totaled 1400 yards and 15 TDs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Brees seems more interested in padding stats these days then winning. He already has a SB and he has a nice contract. What more does he need now? 

It's hard for me to believe that when Brees is coming off a season where he threw about 100 passes less than he had been averaging with the Saints. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

It's hard for me to believe that when Brees is coming off a season where he threw about 100 passes less than he had been averaging with the Saints. 

Anyone who follows the Saints would agree with this.  That being said, the offense would do itself a favor adding another WR and a young TE.  Hopefully Fleener will be cut.

Edited by SproutDaddy
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

I agree the defense in the Big12 isn't good relative to the other power conferences but there is no comparison between the level of athletes playing defense in the Big 12 and to the FCS. Also, the Goedert's stat line at SDSU was massive for a TE. Mark Andrews will probably be one of the first 5 TEs taken and at Oklahoma over last 2 years he only totaled 1400 yards and 15 TDs. 

I know the athletes wise. I'm just putting this into perspective. I got more of a mindset that if I see a great defensive player putting up Numbers from that conference I'm taking him. I'm more cautious on the offensive players unless I see them doing somethings most college guys do better that are pro ready many wouldn't. Like multiple routes run consistently, using their size well etc. I just see too many college athletes in both Football and basketball relying too much on their size though then overall ability or just using their athleticism. In the NBA and NFL What kind of Athletic freak you are or how fast you run can only take you so far in the NFL level. It's always frustrated me seeing a guy like DOrial Green Beckham who has amazing size not using it and having his head up his ###. He's wasting such great god given talent that if he was polished could be a top WR. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

It's hard for me to believe that when Brees is coming off a season where he threw about 100 passes less than he had been averaging with the Saints. 

A little easier when you got Ingram and Kamara in the run game racking up huge yards. I think if they didn't have the run game like they did Brees would've had no problem throwing way more passes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Milkman said:

I'd only rate Gronk and Veron Davis higher in the last 10-15 years. Amazing hands and good/great measurables. He's the next Gronk.  

I alway thought a more consistent Austin Sefarin-Jenkins would be the next Gronk. That dude is frustrating with the potential he has. I guess TB situation and injuries didn't help him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

IF he's there at 32......PHI will take him. 

BPA. I'm not sold on McGlinchey as others and honestly the only other guys Id want are Micheal or Guice at that spot of Chubb. Unless one of the top LBs slips or another guy I take Dallas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my call but I believe Gesicki will be a bust.  He cannot block at all and drops too many balls.  I think Goedert will be a very good NFL TE but not a top notch FF guy.  He may end up a top 7-10 guy but he is too good of a blocker to be used in the passing game the way he needs to be.

 

i could be wrong but I don't see a top FF TE this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RustyFA4 said:

Just my call but I believe Gesicki will be a bust.  He cannot block at all and drops too many balls.  I think Goedert will be a very good NFL TE but not a top notch FF guy.  He may end up a top 7-10 guy but he is too good of a blocker to be used in the passing game the way he needs to be.

 

i could be wrong but I don't see a top FF TE this year. 

Again, this keeps being repeated but it's not true.  He had 5 drops as a sophomore.

He's had 0 drops over the last 2 years with 105 receptions during that time.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aznflyer14 said:

Since Patriots now have accumulated 4 picks on first two days of NFL draft, Goedert has a good chance of being taken by Patriots by early or late 2nd pick.  Patriots know that they will need to replace Gronk at some point.  

They are in good shape to replace Brady and Gronk this draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compared South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert to Philadelphia Eagles TE Zach Ertz.

"The size, speed and talent is there for him to succeed as a very good combo tight end if he works and plays with a little more urgency," Zierlein writes. Goedert (6'4/256) had to sit out the combine due to a hamstring issue, but he came roaring back with a strong showing on pro day at the end of March. Not only did he show off all-world change-of-direction and agility skills with his scamper of 6.87 seconds through the three-cone drill, he also crushed his pro day drills. Goedert will be battling with Mike Gesicki and Hayden Hurst for the honor of being the first tight end selected come draft fun later this month.

Source: NFL.com 

Apr 10 - 4:10 PM

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched some 'versus' Youtube videos on Goedert and I was impressed.  He can block.  He can drive his blocker back.  Shoot, I even saw this one run where he left his block and attacked the 2nd level for his RB!  I guess you have to take his level of competition into consideration with his videos since he played at South Dakota State, but I think I see quick feet and a tenacity to block.  That's half the battle. 

Then there's the slight quickness he has.  The Jackrabbits realized it and set up a lot of screens for him.  He has the speed to get some YAC.  He has the speed to attack the seam.  I thought his routes looked pretty rounded, but I did catch a play where he dropped his hips a little.  I bet he can improve a lot in this area with coaching.  I think he's a 2-way TE.  Watch his videos and you'll see a big-time receiving threat.  He's definitely on my radar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 10:45 PM, Tecmo said:

I watched some 'versus' Youtube videos on Goedert and I was impressed.  He can block.  He can drive his blocker back.  Shoot, I even saw this one run where he left his block and attacked the 2nd level for his RB!  I guess you have to take his level of competition into consideration with his videos since he played at South Dakota State, but I think I see quick feet and a tenacity to block.  That's half the battle. 

Then there's the slight quickness he has.  The Jackrabbits realized it and set up a lot of screens for him.  He has the speed to get some YAC.  He has the speed to attack the seam.  I thought his routes looked pretty rounded, but I did catch a play where he dropped his hips a little.  I bet he can improve a lot in this area with coaching.  I think he's a 2-way TE.  Watch his videos and you'll see a big-time receiving threat.  He's definitely on my radar. 

Thank you for the post. I actually had to go back to make sure i wasn’t in the Gesicki thread. Took Goedert as the 1st te off the board at 2.12. Fingers crossed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2018 at 5:29 AM, Snorkelson said:

Thank you for the post. I actually had to go back to make sure i wasn’t in the Gesicki thread. Took Goedert as the 1st te off the board at 2.12. Fingers crossed.

You killed your draft! Having my Dynasty draft in August I won’t be as lucky. If he falls to me at 1.6 or 1.7 I will take him there, if he is gone I will wait and take either Akin, Hurst, or Andrews at 1.10.

Tex

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 10:24 AM, BigTex said:

You killed your draft! Having my Dynasty draft in August I won’t be as lucky. If he falls to me at 1.6 or 1.7 I will take him there, if he is gone I will wait and take either Akin, Hurst, or Andrews at 1.10.

Tex

Given the questions surrounding Gronk right now I think besides one of the Rookie Backs Goedert is a close target on my radar to replace him. Have to hope he's there at 1.06 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Magic_Man said:

No good for FF players if that happens

I am not really sure why so many mocks have Philly taking him it makes absolutely ZERO sense! There’s no way Philly takes a TE in the 1st.

Tex

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BigTex said:

I am not really sure why so many mocks have Philly taking him it makes absolutely ZERO sense! There’s no way Philly takes a TE in the 1st.

Tex

I could see it. They still need someone to replace Burton and Pederson has talked about wanting to use 2 and 3 TE sets. Also considering Ertz injury history and missing some time since his young career started it makes sense. I've heard a few suggestions that Pederson could try to emulate the Ground/Hernandez tandem by drafting a guy to pair with Ertz. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2018 at 6:32 AM, Bojang0301 said:

6'5 256 

6.87 3 Cone

35 Vert

10-1 Broad

College Stats

Pro Day

Not sure I've been as impressed by workout numbers without a 40 time. Everyone can continue to talk about Gesicki, guy is going to be a monster.

3 cone was 7.02 according to nfldraftscout. Still good, but not quite as good. Would've been the 4th best at the combine, behind Gesicki, Samuels, and Schultz.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZWK said:

3 cone was 7.02 according to nfldraftscout. Still good, but not quite as good. Would've been the 4th best at the combine, behind Gesicki, Samuels, and Schultz.

Looks like that initial report was false then. Takes a bit of steam off but still offers him up as above 75th percentile agility score. Draft capital and opportunity are going to be a big deal with the TE’s, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikings beat writer Darren Wolfson believes the team's interest in South Dakota State TE is "genuine."

At pick No. 30, if the Vikings want Goedert they will have to select him with their first pick. Trading out of the first round is absolutely possible. The Vikings have Kyle Rudolph on the roster, as well as a tremendous duo of Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs, but Goedert is a star in the redzone.

Source: Darren Wolfson on Twitter 

Apr 24 - 10:58 AM

Link to post
Share on other sites

An anonymous scout told Bob McGinn Football that South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert has "Jason Witten-like" qualities.

"He’s got some Jason Witten-like qualities," said the scout. "People think of Witten now as an annual Pro Bowler but he slipped in the draft. Goedert has the size, the athletic body control, the hands. He’ll improve as a blocker." Another scout mentioned to McGinn that Goedert (6'4/256) is the "most complete tight end in the draft." It appears to be neck-and-neck as to which tight end comes off the board first between the former SDSU star and South Carolina's Hayden Hurst, but a team looking for high upside likely takes Goedert first.

Source: Bob McGinn Football 

Apr 24 - 8:42 PM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles traded up with the Colts to select South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert with the No. 49 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Philly jumped ahead of the Cowboys, who found out they are losing Jason Witten to retirement on Friday. Goedert (6’5/256) was a two-time first-team FCS All-American, logging a career 198/2,988/15.1/21 receiving line and leading all draft-eligible tight ends in PFF’s yards per route run (2.94) in 2017. Smart (34 Wonderlic) with position flexibility, Goedert logged 65% of his snaps in line and 33% in the slot or out wide and led the nation in yards after catch (573) as a senior. Although he is a competitive run blocker, Goedert’s primary NFL role will be to create passing-game mismatches with plus athleticism, long arms (34"), big hands (10"), and a nearly 80-inch wingspan. Long-term, Goedert is capable of becoming a Zach Ertz-level producer, but he will be stuck behind Ertz in the Trey Burton role early in his career.

Apr 27 - 8:23 PM

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So now I'm conflicted. Do I draft this guy and then trade Gronk at the end of the year if he's killing it or stay away from Goedert? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Goedert as a player, but I must admit I like him going to the Eagles (as a Cowboys fan).

I initially was hoping they wouldn't go D & take a RB because I don't believe a RB they could get with any of their picks would make a big difference to them, but taking a TE might be just as good.

Again, it's not the player. Just saying I don't believe a TE will make a big difference for them. I also liked they traded up (although, I haven't heard yet what Philly gave).

Edited by Football Jones
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I like Goedert as a player, but I must admit I like him going to the Eagles (as a Cowboys fan).

I initially was hoping they wouldn't go D & take a RB because I don't believe a RB they could get with any of their picks would make a big difference to them, but taking a TE might be just as good.

Again, it's not the player. Just saying I don't believe a TE will make a big difference for them. I also liked they traded up (although, I haven't heard yet what Philly gave).

I saw a fifth

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mquinnjr said:

Am I crazy to think the Eagles are trying to v2.0 Brady to Gronk/Hernandez with Wentz to Ertz//Goedert? First thing I thought of logic wise.

Yes when Pederson got here he wanted to run a lot of 2 TE sets. They were one of the teams % wise who used a mixture of 2TE sets of different formations with them last year that was used at one of the higher rates. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Yes when Pederson got here he wanted to run a lot of 2 TE sets. They were one of the teams % wise who used a mixture of 2TE sets of different formations with them last year that was used at one of the higher rates. 

God this is going to be fun to watch if Dallas is as advertised.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mquinnjr said:

Am I crazy to think the Eagles are trying to v2.0 Brady to Gronk/Hernandez with Wentz to Ertz//Goedert? First thing I thought of logic wise.

I kinda doubt Pederson is copying the Pats. Maybe if Ertz & Goedert were equal to Gronk & Hernandez, but we're talking a whole other level with Gronk/Hernandez not to mention we don't know what Goedert can do yet.

I believe they went strictly BPA which can be good & bad. Like I said, as a Cowboys fan, I'll take it.

Not trashing the pick because I like Goedert, but at the same time, I like seeing it (if that makes sense).

Edited by Football Jones
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...