What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBT+ Thread (1 Viewer)

You seem to overly obsessed with MAGA and ridiculous generalizations.   Is everything OK?  
To answer seriously though, you and other Trump supporters complain when we generalize MAGA hat wearers and the MAGA hat itself as being racist, bigoted, xenophobic and homophobic... well here’s a perfect example of why we feel that way. 

Defend this guy, please! I wanna see you defend this behavior. Because it’s everyehere in the name of Making America Great Again. And it makes me sick. 

#MAGA

I have never supported Trump.  But have a good #MAGA.  
Yes, the artful dodge. 

I’m curious, which do you find more abhorrent... a politician in blackface, or a politician advocating for the murder of gay children?

And I am fully prepared for you to not answer the question. 

Is this ask stupid questions and really expect answers month?  Do people really have to declare they are against killing children.  Let's drop this ####### stupidity.  
Oh, I'm sorry. I find every single one of your posts stupid. Not you, the substance of your posts. You obviously aren't stupid, but your posts are.....they're purposefully meant to be. You're so transparent I can see through you.

Oh, I'm sorry. I find every single one of your posts stupid. Not you, the substance of your posts. You obviously aren't stupid, but your posts are.....they're purposefully meant to be. You're so transparent I can see through you.
And this is what they call trolling.......

Pretty insensitive of you.  It is actually African American History Month here in America.
Not surprised you corrected me on a month you undoubtedly honor the achievements of AAs and celebrate every single day. However, per Wiki, I was not being insensitive and can provide numerous references by notable AAs on Twitter who recently have  referred to it as Black History Month.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_History_Month

Black History Month, also known as African-American History Month in the U.S., is an annual observance in Canada, Ireland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and the United States. It began as a way for remembering important people and events in the history of the African diaspora. It is celebrated annually in the United States[6] and Canada[7] in February, as well as in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Republic of Ireland[8][9] in October.[5]

Last edited by a moderator:
And this is what they call trolling.......
Not trolling when I specifically called you out on your posted words. I said nothing derogatory about you personally. In fact, I gave you a compliment just to differentiate between you the poster and the substance of the post itself. 

You seem troll-ish in almost every post you make yet I haven't called you one ever. Nor now. I'll leave that to others.

Have a great day Jon.

Do people really have to declare they are against killing children.  Let's drop this ####### stupidity.  
You wouldn't think so , but here in the PSF if you don't express outrage over EVERYTHING!!!! (even the obvious idiocy like the guy in this video) you support it.

You new here?

You wouldn't think so , but here in the PSF if you don't express outrage over EVERYTHING!!!! (even the obvious idiocy like the guy in this video) you support it.

You new here?
In defense of my colleagues, there are a lot of things that many of us consider so obviously beyond the pale that just three years ago it seemed unthinkable that conservatives would tolerate them in a politician.  And then we found out we were wrong. 

We're just trying to find the bottom here, GB.

Not trolling when I specifically called you out on your posted words. I said nothing derogatory about you personally. In fact, I gave you a compliment just to differentiate between you the poster and the substance of the post itself. 

You seem troll-ish in almost every post you make yet I haven't called you one ever. Nor now. I'll leave that to others.

Have a great day Jon.
Now THAT is a stupid post.  You did not 'specifically' call me out for anything.  You did not call out any of my posted words.    You are trying to be a passive aggressive troll, but you speak so generally you are just being a full blown troll.  

Now THAT is a stupid post.  You did not 'specifically' call me out for anything.  You did not call out any of my posted words.    You are trying to be a passive aggressive troll, but you speak so generally you are just being a full blown troll.  
Tom asked if you were ok with murdering gay children. He asked because you genuinely seemed to defend a post by UTILIT99 and the words of Delegate Porterfield. You didn't answer his question and instead deflected. So in fact I did specifically call you out on your posted words. Nothing passive aggressive about it.

So, when someone calls you out for deflecting, or any other nonsense post, and you don't like it, you immediately label them a troll? Got it.

Again, have a nice day Jon.

Tom asked if you were ok with murdering gay children. He asked because you genuinely seemed to defend a post by UTILIT99 and the words of Delegate Porterfield. You didn't answer his question and instead deflected. So in fact I did specifically call you out on your posted words. Nothing passive aggressive about it.

So, when someone calls you out for deflecting, or any other nonsense post, and you don't like it, you immediately label them a troll? Got it.

Again, have a nice day Jon.
If you took anything I said as genuinely defending the guys words, you are crazy.  I take exception to generalizing the words of one idiot as representing a viewpoint of an entire group.   For instance, if one person thinks it is OK to kill babies 6 months after birth (and there are some), it is pretty ignorant to project that belief onto all people who support abortion rights.  

If you took anything I said as genuinely defending the guys words, you are crazy.  I take exception to generalizing the words of one idiot as representing a viewpoint of an entire group.   For instance, if one person thinks it is OK to kill babies 6 months after birth (and there are some), it is pretty ignorant to project that belief onto all people who support abortion rights.  
I did ask which you find more offensive: blackface or murdering your own gay children...?   to which you never answered. 

I would imagine most people would answer with the latter, but that would then hold them accountable to being outraged over this compared to their wild outrage over the Dems in Virginia. And so they would rather avoid the question. 

Wat?

Who thinks infanticide is OK?

Wat?

Who thinks infanticide is OK?
Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva. In the Journal of Medical Ethics, they propose:

[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child. Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk.

Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva. In the Journal of Medical Ethics, they propose:

[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child. Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk.
It’s a difficult subject to contemplate, there’s no question about that. But it’s a natural phenomenon. Happens in nature all the time. If one can have a serious conversation about it, it’s really not that hard to understand how and why it happens. 

Not seeing the 6 months after birth is that article

Not seeing the 6 months after birth is that article
Peter Singer was good with 30 days.

In 1993, ethicist Peter Singer shocked many Americans by suggesting that no newborn should be considered a person until 30 days after birth and that the attending physician should kill some disabled babies on the spot. Five years later, his appointment as Decamp Professor of Bio-Ethics at Princeton University ignited a firestorm of controversy, though his ideas about abortion and infanticide were hardly new. In 1979 he wrote, “Human babies are not born self-aware, or capable of grasping that they exist over time. They are not persons”; therefore, “the life of a newborn is of less value than the life of a pig, a dog, or a chimpanzee.”1

Peter Singer is not alone in these beliefs. As early as 1972, philosopher Michael Tooley bluntly declared that a human being “possess[es] a serious right to life only if it possesses the concept of a self as a continuing subject of experiences and other mental states, and believes that it is itself such a continuing entity.”2 Infants do not qualify.

More recently, American University philosophy professor Jeffrey Reiman has asserted that unlike mature human beings, infants do not “possess in their own right a property that makes it wrong to kill them.” He explicitly holds that infants are not persons with a right to life and that “there will be permissible exceptions to the rule against killing infants that will not apply to the rule against killing adults and children.”3

Ok cool, there are some whackjobs who think 30 days is justified. And you need to go back to 1993, 1979, and 1972 to find evidence of that. What's the point of this anyway? 

Ok cool, there are some whackjobs who think 30 days is justified. And you need to go back to 1993, 1979, and 1972 to find evidence of that. What's the point of this anyway? 
Oh he is still around.  But that is the point, using a whackjob and projecting that opinion on others.

To deflect and hijack the thread from the discussion of LGBT news and issues, what else?

I thought for sure the bump in this thread was about the 2 transgender kids in Connecticut that finished 1st and 2nd in the women’s track race. 

Is that being discussed in a different thread? I missed it if so. 

squistion

Got a question for you since this is your thread of LGBTQ

If the progression continues, and we push forward to really become a genderless society ........ meaning your biological gender is meaningless and how you choose/feel is what matters and there is fluid genderlessness ....

does that pretty much eliminates gay/lesbian/bisexuality right? you have to have genders (male/female) to have gay/lesbian/bisexual ........... if we as a society recognize there are no genders ..... see what I mean ?

squistion

Got a question for you since this is your thread of LGBTQ

If the progression continues, and we push forward to really become a genderless society ........ meaning your biological gender is meaningless and how you choose/feel is what matters and there is fluid genderlessness ....

does that pretty much eliminates gay/lesbian/bisexuality right? you have to have genders (male/female) to have gay/lesbian/bisexual ........... if we as a society recognize there are no genders ..... see what I mean ?
I don't agree with your premise and I don't think that we will ever become a genderless society.

Gay, lesbian and bisexual refers to sexual orientation, which is about who you are attracted to and who you feel drawn to romantically, emotionally, and sexually. It is different than gender identity, which isn’t about who you’re attracted to, but about who you ARE — male, female, or transgender (transgender is a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex).

I don't agree with your premise and I don't think that we will ever become a genderless society.

Gay, lesbian and bisexual refers to sexual orientation, which is about who you are attracted to and who you feel drawn to romantically, emotionally, and sexually. It is different than gender identity, which isn’t about who you’re attracted to, but about who you ARE — male, female, or transgender (transgender is a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex).

but that sexual orientation is based on gender ........... male and female

if there is no longer recognized biological male and female, if it changed that we all choose what we want to be ............ then there would simply be sex, never hetero, never homo, never bi .. because those tie directly to gender specification 

just something to think about was all .......... society moves in weird ways and its trending more towards no genders at all .... but who knows 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/style/lgbtq-gender-language.html

but that sexual orientation is based on gender ........... male and female

if there is no longer recognized biological male and female, if it changed that we all choose what we want to be ............ then there would simply be sex, never hetero, never homo, never bi .. because those tie directly to gender specification 

just something to think about was all .......... society moves in weird ways and its trending more towards no genders at all .... but who knows 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/style/lgbtq-gender-language.html
This "theory" being espoused is seriously flawed. Really. Ridiculous, in fact.

Sexual orientation and gender identity are two completely different things. The fact that an attempt is being made to mash them together to make a point about either one of them suggests a complete lack of understanding of human nature.

Anyone who does this demonstrates that they have no tolerance whatsoever for anyone else who may be "different" than whatever it is they consider "normal."

People who think like this are effed up. Seriously.

Sexual orientation and gender identity are two completely different things.
sex·u·al o·ri·en·ta·tion

Dictionary result for sexual orientation

noun

a person's sexual identity in relation to the gender to which they are attracted

right?  That directly ties into gender ........ and if biological gender ceases to exists then there is no sexual orientation because there is no longer recognized genders 

sex·u·al o·ri·en·ta·tion

Dictionary result for sexual orientation

noun

a person's sexual identity in relation to the gender to which they are attracted

right?  That directly ties into gender ........ and if biological gender ceases to exists then there is no sexual orientation because there is no longer recognized genders 
Sexual identity is in relation to the gender they are attracted to, it is not their gender. For instance, bisexual is not a gender, it is an attraction to both genders.

So, you can't see the difference. No surprise.

Sexual orientation: the gender you are attracted to. 

Gender identity: the gender you feel you are.

Not the same. Anyone can twist and convolute whatever "facts" they like but, it just proves intolerance.

bisexual is not a gender, it is an attraction to both genders.
what I'm saying is what if in 10 years "gender" isn't something that people use anymore. In other words there IS no gender .... its eliminated

you cannot be attracted to other genders if genders don't exist 

what I'm saying is what if in 10 years "gender" isn't something that people use anymore. In other words there IS no gender .... its eliminated

you cannot be attracted to other genders if genders don't exist 
What if in 10 years pigs fly? That has about the same likelihood as gender not being used at that time either. .

I thought for sure the bump in this thread was about the 2 transgender kids in Connecticut that finished 1st and 2nd in the women’s track race. 

Is that being discussed in a different thread? I missed it if so. 
Yes I would like somebody to explain this to me I am confused by the whole transgender thing.  So the two athletes feel they identify more as female but are still biologically male how can they still compete as females?  I have no problem with anyone's sexual orientation or how anyone wishes to live their life.  I was just wondering how this can possibly be fair.

Yes I would like somebody to explain this to me I am confused by the whole transgender thing.  So the two athletes feel they identify more as female but are still biologically male how can they still compete as females?  I have no problem with anyone's sexual orientation or how anyone wishes to live their life.  I was just wondering how this can possibly be fair.
Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the “gosh darn” customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Shoot, sorry I missed this.  I actually addressed this in a transgender athletic thread long ago. I'll see if I can find it, and I'll cross-post it here. 

@rustycolts

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754345-transgender-boy-mack-beggs-wins-texas-state-girls-wrestling-title/?do=findComment&comment=19908353

Here's one link.

I don't remember where it is in there, but the HS transgender bathroom thread from last year has a #### ton of links in it.  We have argued all of this repeatedly in there. I spent months debunking BS over and over and over.  All this stuff is at work - I'm on my phone at home. 

But this is why the NCAA policy is to require 1 year of hormone therapy prior to changing teams.

https://www.transathlete.com/policies-college
I'll keep looking in the HS transgender bathroom thread.  Looks like that's where the bulk of it is.

@Henry FordThanks for the links.  I think both these athletes have started hormone treatments, but are still biologically male.  I think allowing them to compete in the events is ok, but maybe not have their times count officially.  Just doesn't seem fair to the other athletes especially if these times count towards scholarships.

@Henry FordThanks for the links.  I think both these athletes have started hormone treatments, but are still biologically male.  I think allowing them to compete in the events is ok, but maybe not have their times count officially.  Just doesn't seem fair to the other athletes especially if these times count towards scholarships.
The really important thing is time.  I don't know how long these two athletes have been on hormone therapy, but if it's less than a year, they should likely be competing in a male division.  It's a judgment call for the sports body between 1-2 years.  After 2 years of continuous hormone therapy, it's foolish to use birth sex.  

The Olympics have allowed transgender athletes for 15 years.  There's a reason there hasn't been a dominant transgender athlete.  It's the Olympics rule that you need to have been on hormone therapy for two years.  All the arguments against that are basically "I don't feel like that's true!" which is not an argument worth really dealing with.  

Empirical evidence is very clear - two years of monitored hormone therapy, and it really doesn't matter what your birth certificate says anymore.  

Users who are viewing this thread