What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBT+ Thread (1 Viewer)

This is also a MAJOR rebuke to the Trump Administration's attempt to discriminate against Transgender people in the Affordable Care Act. There is now CLEAR Supreme Court precedent that his EO is unconstitutional.

This is one of those rulings where I can understand both sides' arguments.  The bottom line, perhaps, is Gorsuch and Roberts decided on what they felt was ethically right.

Workhorse said:
This is also a MAJOR rebuke to the Trump Administration's attempt to discriminate against Transgender people in the Affordable Care Act. There is now CLEAR Supreme Court precedent that his EO is unconstitutional.
Yep. I’m sure a challenge will be filed shortly if it hasn’t already. 

What point is she trying to make? That Biden is insincere in his support of LGBT+ folks because Iran wants Biden to win and they throw gays off buildings? That doesn't make any sense.
This is why I am having trouble with this election and Biden in general.   Remember Biden did not side with the gays in the past.

Joseph Biden  voted for the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996, blocking federal recognition of same-sex marriages. Two years earlier, he voted to cut off federal funds to schools that teach the acceptance of homosexuality. Before that Joe Biden, in an off-handed response to a question, wondered if homosexuals in the military or government were potential security risks.

To me Joe only changed his stance for political reasons.  How does he really feel?

This is why I am having trouble with this election and Biden in general.   Remember Biden did not side with the gays in the past.

Joseph Biden  voted for the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996, blocking federal recognition of same-sex marriages. Two years earlier, he voted to cut off federal funds to schools that teach the acceptance of homosexuality. Before that Joe Biden, in an off-handed response to a question, wondered if homosexuals in the military or government were potential security risks.

To me Joe only changed his stance for political reasons.  How does he really feel?
That was 1996. Many Democrats besides Joe, like Obama and Hillary had views like that 24 years, but have evolved in their thinking and that no longer reflects how they currently feel about LGBT+ rights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see they will be laser focused on the important issues facing our country. 
While people continue to die of covid, schools get shot up, and healthcare costs are out of control.  But flags.  Did I do that right?
actually you didnt its about equal rights and although the flag is emblematic of that its not what the move is about of which you are fully aware take that to the bank brohans 

actually you didnt its about equal rights and although the flag is emblematic of that its not what the move is about of which you are fully aware take that to the bank brohans 
What is the purpose of flying a rainbow flag at an Embassy?  Are we trolling nations that frown on homosexuality?

What is the purpose of flying a rainbow flag at an Embassy?  Are we trolling nations that frown on homosexuality?
as you are no doubt aware and i hope a proponent of we are the leader of the free world and a shining city on a hill to the world so our support of equality isnt trolling nations who dont support equality it is telling the world what we do stand for and giving hope to those aggrieved by human rights violators in places like china and russia take that to the bank brohan 

https://twitter.com/chrisjohnson82/status/1352085635193036800

Confirmed:

Biden has signed executive order implementing SCOTUS decision in Bostock v. Clayton County against anti-LGBTQ discrimination in all federal agencies.

Biden EO against anti-LGBTQ discrimination instructs every federal agency within 100 days to produce a plan for implementation.

Biden's EO against anti-LGBTQ discrimination is found on the White House website here:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/01/20/executive-order-preventing-and-combating-discrimination-on-basis-of-gender-identity-or-sexual-orientation/

Trolling? No

Showing support for our citizens and military personel and elected leaders who are part of the LGBTQ community? Yes
Yeah, that's what the American flag is for.  It already encompasses everyone.

If we're going to favor one group over the others with flags, that's clearly discrimination.  We probably should then be flying a flag for every minority group that exists or has ever existed. Do we have a pole that's 20 miles high?

I thought we're all supposed to be equals? Well, "equality" means no one group is favored over the other.  Whether that's in legislation or flying stupid flags.

Trolling? No

Showing support for our citizens and military personel and elected leaders who are part of the LGBTQ community? Yes

If we're going to favor one group over the others with flags, that's clearly discrimination.  We probably should then be flying a flag for every minority group that exists or has ever existed. Do we have a pole that's 20 miles high?

I thought we're all supposed to be equals? Well, "equality" means no one group is favored over the other.  Whether that's in legislation or flying stupid flags.
see when you call the pride flag stupid its a tell that you dont really consider everyone equal take that to the bank brohan 

see when you call the pride flag stupid its a tell that you dont really consider everyone equal take that to the bank brohan 
I tell you what great SWCcer, I think the confederate flag is a stupid flag and a flag for losers and I know that makes me a not nice person for saying so but I think i should get a pass on that one as I love the pride flag and have one in my front yard because I like teh gays just like I like everybody except the people who fly the confederate flag and you can take that into your pipe and smoke it brocephus.

Your interpretation is completely incorrect.  I mean, I know why you did it - to try and paint me as some "phobe" or "ist", but the reality of the situation is you turned something I posted into something I never said or meant and then attacked me as if I said that.  Please stop twisting my words into ridiculous assumptions on your part.  My post is quite clear that I believe ALL people are equal - which means we neither discriminate against certain groups NOR do we favor certain groups.  You seem to think it only involves one side of the equation.

Get a grip, Nancy.  Me calling a flag "stupid" is not indicative of me saying people aren't equal.  I'm not the one being discriminatory here.  Favoring certain groups over others is the the diametric opposite of "equality".  

I'm starting to think you guys don't actually know what "equality" even means.

I tell you what great SWCcer, I think the confederate flag is a stupid flag and a flag for losers and I know that makes me a not nice person for saying so but I think i should get a pass on that one as I love the pride flag and have one in my front yard because I like teh gays just like I like everybody except the people who fly the confederate flag and you can take that into your pipe and smoke it brocephus.
What's your point?  Is this a swipe at me?  You took what your forum buddy said as fact and then ran as If I said that?

If that was, indeed, what you were doing then I expect an apology.

I’m not all that familiar with this particular issue, but it’s possible that the point of flying the flag at a particular embassy is to communicate an equal rights message in a country where that might not be the case (the point that knowledge dropper raised). I’m not sure that is the goal here, but I can see that being the case. 

I’m not all that familiar with this particular issue, but it’s possible that the point of flying the flag at a particular embassy is to communicate an equal rights message in a country where that might not be the case (the point that knowledge dropper raised). I’m not sure that is the goal here, but I can see that being the case. 
I appreciate the response!  However, I feel my point still stands.

What's your point?  Is this a swipe at me?  You took what your forum buddy said as fact and then ran as If I said that?

If that was, indeed, what you were doing then I expect an apology.
:lmao:

What are you talking about?  This had absolutely nothing to do with you.  Good lord, Tim.....NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!

Your interpretation is completely incorrect.  I mean, I know why you did it - to try and paint me as some "phobe" or "ist", but the reality of the situation is you turned something I posted into something I never said or meant and then attacked me as if I said that.  Please stop twisting my words into ridiculous assumptions on your part.  My post is quite clear that I believe ALL people are equal - which means we neither discriminate against certain groups NOR do we favor certain groups.  You seem to think it only involves one side of the equation.

Get a grip, Nancy.  Me calling a flag "stupid" is not indicative of me saying people aren't equal.  I'm not the one being discriminatory here.  Favoring certain groups over others is the the diametric opposite of "equality".  

I think you should take a few plays off from the internet today, buddy.  Kinda losing it.....

This seems to always be your go-to line when you don't have a cogent or valid response to a well written post.

Maybe YOU should take a few plays off.  :shrug:
You're unhinged.  I wasn't even talking to you or about you and you threw a little hissy fit over a post I made for SWC's benefit.  It was supposed to be funny and you're over here melting down.  Jeez fella.....get a grip.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
You're unhinged.  I wasn't even talking to you or about you and you threw a little hissy fit over a post I made for SWC's benefit.  It was supposed to be funny and you're over here melting down.  Jeez fella.....get a grip.
No one threw a hissy fit.  Your post came DIRECTLY after SWC's response to me on the very same topic.  Coincidence?  I think not but that's even why I asked you if it was about me.  

You're the one who went to 11, not me.

oh I think we all know what you are and like my grandpa used to say all were doin now is hagglin about the price take that to the bank bromigo   

oh I think we all know what you are and like my grandpa used to say all were doin now is hagglin about the price take that to the bank bromigo   
Yeah, I don't think so. Once again you're incorrect. 

Your one-note shtick might be cute with your like-minded forum buddies but it isn't with me.  Oh, I'm sure you'll get a lot of likes because the "people who disagree with me are bad!" indoctrination, but in the end you'll still be wrong.

So put on your big boy pants, broseefus, because it's going to get rough in here for you if you think you're going to be able to get away calling people racists and all different kinds of "isms" simply because they don't agree with you. 

Yeah, I don't think so. Once again you're incorrect. 

Your one-note shtick might be cute with your like-minded forum buddies but it isn't with me.  Oh, I'm sure you'll get a lot of likes because the "people who disagree with me are bad!" indoctrination, but in the end you'll still be wrong.

So put on your big boy pants, broseefus, because it's going to get rough in here for you if you think you're going to be able to get away calling people racists and all different kinds of "isms" simply because they don't agree with you. 
Very unwise of you to take on this particular poster, IMO. 

Very unwise of you to take on this particular poster, IMO. 
So is that what you expect? You just expect people to sit back and take it? That ain't going to happen. You don't get to twist a person's post, accuse them of something they never said or implied and get away with it.  Just because YOU fear him doesn't mean anyone else has to.

Besides, I'm not locked in here with him. He's locked in here with me.  

Users who are viewing this thread