What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBT+ Thread (4 Viewers)

I've always been suspicious of the numeral "3", while I accept all of the others. "3" is just a pair of boobs rotated 90 degrees.  I find that subversive.  Why can't we use a three leaf clover symbol instead, something to remind us of the holy trinity.  For those of a non-religious bent, well they can just be reminded of the card suit "clubs". 
I believe that a safe, non-partisan and non-denominational substitute is to simply use the Triforce.  

Daily Kos‏ @dailykos 2h2 hours ago

Sixteen states want Supreme Court to formally okay discrimination against LGBT people. Guess which?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/8/27/1791339/-16-states-want-the-Supreme-Court-to-formally-okay-discrimination-against-LGBT-people-Guess-which

Before reading the article I guessed that most of these 16 states were in the south along with Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota and Alaska.

Hard to believe that any state would be seeking SCOTUS to formally OK discrimination against LGBT people in 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a horribly slanted and btw horribly written article
Slanted or not, do you dispute that any of the statements below were not made by Pastor Jim Garlow? (They are well documented).

http://www.towleroad.com/2018/08/demonic/

Garlow has said that Satan is trying to destroy the image of God on the planet by allowing gays to marry  – again, and again, has said gay marriage is like a house with bad plumbing and wiring, he compared children losing their parents on 9/11 to children with gay parents, called on Christians to rise up in revolution against America.

Said Garlow of same-sex marriage: “If I were Satan, I would want to destroy on the earth the image of God. This is why marriage is such a hotbed issue. It’s more than just the issue of homosexuality. It’s much more than that. It’s much more cosmic. It’s big, it’s enormous…They want to destroy the very image of God upon the planet. This is a demonic happening in our midst.”
This is the type of religious leader Trump invites to the WH who takes smiling selfies with Trump, Jared and Ivanka.

This does not back your claim that Trump is indeed the best friend a POTUS has ever been to the LGBTQ community.

No friend of the LGBTQ community would ever invite someone to the WH with such a history of bigoted, anti-gay and homophobic public remarks.

In fact Trump has done absolutely nothing for this community and you were previously asked to come up with one positive thing that he has done  for LGBT/LGBTQ people since taking office and you were silent.

Slanted or not, do you dispute that any of the statements below were not made by Pastor Jim Garlow? (They are well documented).

http://www.towleroad.com/2018/08/demonic/

This is the type of religious leader Trump invites to the WH who takes smiling selfies with Trump, Jared and Ivanka.

This does not back your claim that Trump is indeed the best friend a POTUS has ever been to the LGBTQ community.

No friend of the LGBTQ community would ever invite someone to the WH with such a history of bigoted, anti-gay and homophobic public remarks.

In fact Trump has done absolutely nothing for this community and you were previously asked to come up with one positive thing that he has done  for LGBT/LGBTQ people since taking office and you were silent.
Where was the outrage over this before Trump?

You might have been but I have  my doubts about GB squiss calling out Obama
Wait, are you saying that Obama while President in the White House hosted virulently anti-gay homophobic pastors who preached that gays were demonic and gay marriage destroys the image of God? And he had selfies taken with them?  I must have missed that in the news.

President Obama, overall, had a good record towards LGBT people (particularly transgender folk) and while not perfect, compared to his predecessors one could make the claim that he was the most LGBT friendly President ever (first to publically come out in favor of legalizing same sex marriage).

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-testosterone-threshold-afl-aflw-trans-20180831-p50143.html

AFL settles on blood testosterone threshold for AFLW footballers

31 August 2018 — 8:01pm

By Scott Spits & Martin Blake

The AFL will require testing of strength, stamina and physique as well as testosterone levels before it allows transgender athletes to compete in the AFLW competition, under a policy released on Friday.

The league has set a blood-testosterone limit of below five nanomoles per litre, consistent with IAAF regulations, and requires athletes to remain below this level for two years.

But the testing related to size is certain to attract controversy, with transgender footballer Hannah Mouncey already reported to be pondering legal action. Mouncey, a former Australian handball player, nominated for the AFLW draft last year but was banned from taking part although she subsequently played for Darebin Falcons in the VFLW.

The AFLW draft window for 2018 is only a few weeks away. It is unclear whether Mouncey will be eligible, although testing of her blood-testosterone as far back as 2015 returned an 0.5 nanomoles result, well below the limit. A 190-centimetre tall athlete, she has previously been critical of emphasis on size in the debate, quoting research that shows the hormonal differences are more important to the impact on performance.

Hannah is pretty jacked 

AFL settles on blood testosterone threshold for AFLW footballers
The Australian Football League? I am sure that news will have worldwide repercussions, particularly with the flood of transgender folks trying to play professional soccer.

Will your next link be news about Tasmania and their policy towards transgender players? 

The Australian Football League? I am sure that news will have worldwide repercussions, particularly with the flood of transgender folks trying to play professional soccer.

Will your next link be news about Tasmania and their policy towards transgender players? 
It pertains to the topic and there have been issues in this country 

HellToupee said:
It pertains to the topic and there have been issues in this country 
You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel if that is the best you come up to back your prejudice against transgender people (recalling from Tim's thread that you are in favor of Trump's ban in the military, likening being a transgender to having psoriasis)

Green Party suspends star Aimee Challenor after her father who served as her election agent jailed for raping child

The Green Party has suspended a former candidate for the deputy leadership after her father, who served as her election agent, was jailed for raping and abusing a child.

An investigation has been launched into how Aimee Challenor’s father was allowed to run her campaigns even after he had been charged with the crimes.

David Challenor, 50, was jailed for 22 years for holding a 10-year-old girl captive in his attic, where he electrocuted her while playing out his sadomasochistic fantasies.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/aimee-challenor-suspended-green-party-father-election-agent-child-rape-abuse-a8517416.html

this is a huge story in the uk, a rising star trans politician has been kicked to the curb

Some more info to flesh this story out

Disaster Greens rising star quits deputy leader race after father jailed for rapeA troon politician lived in a small house with "torture chamber" where girl was raped by his father

The dad (David Challenor) was dressing up like a baby girl before perpetrating the crimes against a ten year old girl. The UK green party wrote two statements in support of his daughter, Aimee Challenor, before launching an investigation in the face of widespread outrage. After that, Aimee resigned.

Aimee used to be the equalities spokesperson for the green party.

Aimee employed his dad as an election agent.

https://wwe.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/27/greens-rising-star-quits-deputy-leader-race-after-father-jailed-for

A rising young member of the Greens has pulled out of the race to become the party’s deputy leader after her father, who was previously her election agent, was jailed for abusing and raping a child.

Aimee Challenor, the Greens’ equalities spokeswoman and among the frontrunners to become deputy leader, said she had had no idea about the crimes but was withdrawing from the race to prevent the election process becoming “dominated by what my father has done”.

David Challenor, 50, was jailed for 22 years last week after being convicted of torturing and raping a 10-year-old girl in the attic of the family home in Coventry. He had served as Aimee Challenor’s election agent when she stood in the 2017 general election and in the local elections in May this year – after his arrest.

In a statement announcing her withdrawal from the contest Challenor, 20, said she was horrified and saddened by her father’s crimes, and only learned the full details of them very recently, despite living at the family home.

“That might be hard for you to understand, or to believe, but it is the truth,” she said. “I was taken into care a few years ago and have also lived in independent supported housing. There were sustained periods where I did not live in the family home.”

Challenor added: “Yes, he was my election agent. This was one of a number of ways I was seeking to reconcile my relationship with my father after coming out of care. On reflection, I can understand that it was unacceptable for me to appoint my dad as my election agent when he had been arrested.”

Challenor joined the Greens in 2015, and became the party’s equalities spokeswoman a year later, with a particular focus on LGBT issues – she is a trans woman.

In a statement the Greens said the party did not know anything about the allegations against David Challenor before he was sentenced.

It added: “There is no place for this abhorrent criminal behaviour in the Green party. Mr Challenor is no longer a member, having had his membership removed with immediate effect.”

The Green party, which reselects its top lineup every two years, is currently choosing replacements for the leadership team of Caroline Lucas, the party’s sole MP, and Jonathan Bartley.

With Lucas opting to step back from the leadership, Bartley is standing on a joint ticket with Siân Berry, a councillor in Camden, north London, and a member of the London assembly. They are seen as the favourites in the race.

Five candidates stood for deputy leader, among them Challenor and Amelia Womack, who has filled the role for four years. Party members have the month of August to vote, with the results to be announced in the autumn.

This is a pretty important part of the story.

yes it is. Aimee hired David after his arrest on charges of raping a ten year old. They both campaigned for self ID laws.

Some more info to flesh this story out
Why should we care that a transgender Green Party leader has a father who abused a child? Particularly one that no one had heard or cared about before this.

Is this supposed to same something about transgender people in general?  Or was this just trolling on your part to clutter up this thread? (As evidenced by your posting the entire article in hard to read italics).

Why should we care that a transgender Green Party leader has a father who abused a child? Particularly one that no one had heard or cared about before this.

Is this supposed to same something about transgender people in general?  Or was this just trolling on your part to clutter up this thread? (As evidenced by your posting the entire article in hard to read italics).
Rising star hires father after the arrest of a heinous crime. Transgender candidates don’t need this clown in the news. Too easy to paint with a broad brush. Horrible 

Rising star hires father after the arrest of a heinous crime. Transgender candidates don’t need this clown in the news. Too easy to paint with a broad brush. Horrible 
Which you just did by posting about it, at length, twice. No one on this side of the pond with the LGBT community seems to care about this story.

This story is a real hoof & a half. So strange 

NYU lesbian philosopher accused of sexual harassment had past affair with … male teen?

The sordid tale of a New York University lesbian philosopher just became even more labyrinthine.

As reported by The College Fix, “superstar” academic Avital Ronell had been the subject of a Title IX investigation for sexually harassing a (gay) male grad student, and that student is now suing her for “sexually harassing, assaulting and stalking him” over a three-year period.

In an ironic #MeToo movement twist, fellow “superstar” professors automatically had jumped to Ronell’s defense, such as UC Berkeley’s Judith Butler. The right to due process was important again!

Now, Salon.com reports that when Ronell was in her 20s, she had an affair with a male teenager … and not just any teenager — the son of renowned French philosopher Jacques Derrida:

It’s well known that Ronell was a student and acolyte of Jacques Derrida, the biggest name in postwar French philosophy — and a notorious womanizer who would surely run afoul of #MeToo if he were teaching today. I can find no indication that she and Derrida were lovers, although that would surprise exactly nobody.

But their relationship takes on a different coloration in Benoît Peeters’ authoritative biography “Derrida,” which reports that Ronell began an affair with Derrida’s son Pierre while she was staying with the family for the Christmas holidays in 1979, when she was 27 and Pierre was 16. They moved in together the following year (after Pierre’s graduation from high school), living for a time in a Paris apartment borrowed from one of Derrida’s colleagues. Her relationship with Pierre, Ronell told Peeters, “was a way of becoming part of the family. … For me, those years in Paris correspond to a really lovely dream.”

That liaison may look slightly unsavory in the rear-view mirror, but it was not illegal and was only mildly unconventional at the time — the teenage boy’s love affair with an adult woman is a staple ingredient of French fiction. It reportedly made Derrida père pretty uncomfortable, which may have been the point. But I think we can agree that the whole thing would be deemed off limits today, whatever the genders of the people involved.

Ronell could have “learned early that sexual seduction of younger people could be a tool of power,” the report continues, and that if she “struck a blow for feminism, it may lie in the fact that she believed she was so awesome that the rules about how to behave with other human beings didn’t apply to her.”

The professor will be on unpaid leave from NYU for the upcoming school year.

The NYT also was on this

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/13/nyregion/sexual-harassment-nyu-female-professor.html

The headline makes you read the story , well done by the editor 

World-renowned lesbian NYU professor suspended after probe finds she sexually harassed gay male student, report says

Avital Ronell, 66, who is a lesbian, was found to have made unwanted sexual advances and sent sexually charged emails to Nimrod Reitman, 34, according to a Title IX report obtained by The New York Times on Monday. Ronell, an expert in German and comparative literature, had denied the claims against her.

Reitman, who is married to a man, accused Ronell of kissing him and touching him repeatedly and sending him emails in which she called him, “Sweet cuddly Baby,” “my most adored one,” and “my astounding and beautiful Nimrod,” :lmao: among other names. 

Sorry, I just skimmed. He’s transgender? It looked like he just liked to dress in girl’s clothes. 

Edit: I see. Aimee is transgender. 

A US-based Muslim preacher who allegedly advocated killing gay people is giving a lecture series in London after being allowed to enter the UK.

The Home Office has been urged to retract the visa of Hamza Sodagar who is giving a series of lectures in the capital city between 3 October and 12 October.

what a nice fellow

Maybe Pope Francis is not quite as enlightened about LGBT people as we thought...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/28/vatican-erases-popes-remarks-about-psychiatric-help-for-gay-children

Vatican erases pope's remarks about psychiatric help for gay children

The pope had said ‘there is a lot that can be done through psychiatry’ if parents think their child is homosexual

The Vatican has rolled back on a recommendation by Pope Francis that parents seek psychiatric help for children who show homosexual tendencies.

The pope made the comments to journalists as he was flying back to Romefrom Ireland, but the Vatican later removed his phrase from its official account, saying he had not meant to suggest that homosexuality was a mental illness.

The pope was asked by a journalist what he would say to parents who observe homosexual traits in their children.

"When it shows itself from childhood, there is a lot that can be done through psychiatry, to see how things are. It is something else if it shows itself after 20 years," he said.

He added that ignoring a child who showed homosexual tendencies was an "error of fatherhood or motherhood".

However, when the Vatican later published the pope’s answer, the reference to psychiatry had been removed.

When asked why, a Vatican spokeswoman told AFP it had been done in order to not "change the thoughts of the Holy Father".

"When the pope referred to ‘psychiatry’, it is clear that he was doing it to highlight an example of ‘things that can be done’. But with that word he didn’t mean to say that it (homosexuality) was a ‘mental illness’," she said.

The pope’s trip to Ireland was fraught with controversy amid accusations that he ignored sexual abuse allegations against prominent US cardinal Theodore McCarrick.

Maybe Pope Francis is not quite as enlightened about LGBT people as we thought...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/28/vatican-erases-popes-remarks-about-psychiatric-help-for-gay-children

Vatican erases pope's remarks about psychiatric help for gay children

The pope had said ‘there is a lot that can be done through psychiatry’ if parents think their child is homosexual

The Vatican has rolled back on a recommendation by Pope Francis that parents seek psychiatric help for children who show homosexual tendencies.

The pope made the comments to journalists as he was flying back to Romefrom Ireland, but the Vatican later removed his phrase from its official account, saying he had not meant to suggest that homosexuality was a mental illness.

The pope was asked by a journalist what he would say to parents who observe homosexual traits in their children.

"When it shows itself from childhood, there is a lot that can be done through psychiatry, to see how things are. It is something else if it shows itself after 20 years," he said.

He added that ignoring a child who showed homosexual tendencies was an "error of fatherhood or motherhood".

However, when the Vatican later published the pope’s answer, the reference to psychiatry had been removed.

When asked why, a Vatican spokeswoman told AFP it had been done in order to not "change the thoughts of the Holy Father".

"When the pope referred to ‘psychiatry’, it is clear that he was doing it to highlight an example of ‘things that can be done’. But with that word he didn’t mean to say that it (homosexuality) was a ‘mental illness’," she said.

The pope’s trip to Ireland was fraught with controversy amid accusations that he ignored sexual abuse allegations against prominent US cardinal Theodore McCarrick.
Why post this again

Trolling the thread hoping that it become unreadable for most people and/or that the mods will lock it.
These are real issues in the LGBT community that you aren't addressing. In fact, you ignore them and you have no response to them. Yes, 2 year old threads that still exist today.You obviously are politically motivated and don't give a rat's ### about the LGBT community.

These are real issues in the LGBT community that you aren't addressing. In fact, you ignore them and you have no response to them. Yes, 2 year old threads that still exist today.You obviously are politically motivated and don't give a rat's ### about the LGBT community.
:goodposting:

I agree .

Indeed.

And who can forget your unwavering support for the LGBT community and being one of the lone voices speaking out about their issues over the years in the FFA and in this forum? Oh, wait...

I’m flummoxed 

Oldest person in Britain to have reassignment surgery shares her joy at becoming a woman thanks to the NHS

Ruth Rose, 85, had the surgery four years ago after her doctor told her she could be considered for the full procedure

By Carri-Ann Taylor

A TRANSGENDER woman has spoken of her joy at becoming the oldest

Ruth Rose, 85, had a reassignment op four years ago after her doctor told her she could be considered for the full procedure.

She has defended the £4,000 cost of the surgery by sitting on an NHS advisory board and volunteering for charities that support old people.

Ruth told the BBC: “It is only in the past 15 years that this has become acceptable. Before that people thought it was just for freaks.”

Ruth had the surgery after living as a woman for several years.

She had been known as James Rose, an ex-RAF navigator, mechanical engineer and financial consultant.

Users who are viewing this thread