What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.01 rookie dynasty owners, what are you being offered? What are you selling for? (1 Viewer)

In dynasty leagues it is when you're talking about a generational talent, both on and off the field, like Barkley. 
I like Barkley but how many backs are generational talents? Barkley, Gurley, Zeke, fournette, Trent Richardson, Adrian Peterson... 

Nothing of this conversation makes sense.
The topic is what is Barkely worth.  I feel him, the 1.3, and Ju Ju is worth Gurley and from some of the responses about Gurley I wanted to gauge what it would take for them to trade Gurley. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I took over an abandoned team for 2018 that has 1.1. It's a 16 team IDP with balanced scoring, TE premium.

Team holding the 1.2 offered-on 2 separate occasions- all his picks for 2018 (1.2, 2.2, 3.02, 4.02, 5.02, 6.02) and a 2019 1st. I think there were even a few throw-in low level players but can't remember, offers were several weeks ago.

On both occasions offers were revoked 4-5 hours later (both offers were middle of the night for me).

I likely would have rejected but for a rebuilding team in an IDP with balanced scoring it was worth thinking about. This team had a few QB/WR pieces but no RB's and terrible IDPs.

I bought 1.1 in 2 leagues pre combine. One I paid 1.2, 1.4 and Hyde. The other I paid Mixon, 1.4, Ebron for 1.1 and 2.1. I have had no serious offers since then just lowballs that were much much less than I paid. I own 1.1 outright in another and have had no offers

The topic is what is Barkely worth.  I feel him, the 1.3, and Ju Ju is worth Gurley and from some of the responses about Gurley I wanted to gauge what it would take for them to trade Gurley. 
Quit editing every single one of your posts and quit expecting us to go back and read those posts after they were edited.  Finish a damn thought and wait three seconds before submitting.  This all just MIGHT make more sense.  

edit................blah blah

Gotta love it when 26 is considered old.
I think the point is that he’s 26 and has only played 2 seasons, one where he was a stud. You are basically getting five more years out of Barkley. That’s huge.

Assuming of course that Barkley is what we think he is...

Quit editing every single one of your posts and quit expecting us to go back and read those posts after they were edited.  Finish a damn thought and wait three seconds before submitting.  This all just MIGHT make more sense.  

edit................blah blah
dude

ETA:  DUDE

Gotta love it when 26 is considered old.
In RB years for folks concerned about exit value 26 is your last chance to get out before they crumble into the dust of Methuselah.

There is some historical evidence to support this with the position as a whiole showing decline in performance on average after their age 25 season. In contrast to this however is that RB on average have their best performances in their first six seasons in the league. The RB who entered the league at an older age had good performing seasons at a later age, but still generally within their fist six seasons. So the way I see it, David Johnson still has a window of 3 seasons that could be similar or near his best season so far, which was fantastic.

Because Johnson gets a lot of value from his abilities as a receiver, I see Johnson being able to continue doing that later in his career as well.

I can see being leery of the QB situation and other things happening with the Cardinals right now. It does seem like they are going to have a lot of changes over the next few seasons so that adds uncertainty which is often seen as risk.

Johnson is likely in a nice buy window right now from the folks who do downgrade for age and are focused on exit value.

Most would consider DJ alone to be fair since he is still going ahea of the 1.01 in many start up drafts.
I think this is about right. If you were to ask whom you prefer- Barkley or DJ to 10 owners, you likely would get a 5 to 5 split.

Personally, I’d lean Barkley but it is splitting hairs to me.

Barkley split out wide and in the slot - and beat DBs.  
I might have to go relook Barkley's games as I don't recall him having monster success in that role against very good defenses. Can you point to NFL level DBs he beat?

A "generation" in modern times is roughly 28 years. No way Barkley is the only high end rookie RB in nearly 30 years. Some people really put the fantasy in fantasy football.

We'll all wake up and figure out he's just a football player; maybe an above average one at that. He's not going to transcend the game and score any more than RBs already do. Rookie fever should be a DSM-V category. ;)

If someone offered me Barkley, the 1.03, and Ju Ju for Gurley I would jump on it.
I have all four of these lol and I’ve received one phone call about both Barkley and Guice for which I killed any notion that I’m selling. I’ve sacrificed a lot to win last year and I plan on dominating this league for the next 3-5 years. I plan to trade a few 2018 1st and 2nd round picks for 2019 as I leverage to grab Love, Taylor, Montgomery or either of the two Harris who might declare.

Tex

I have all four of these lol and I’ve received one phone call about both Barkley and Guice for which I killed any notion that I’m selling. I've sacrificed a lot to win last year and I plan in dominating this league for the next 3-5 years. I plan to trade a few 2018 1st and 2nd round picks for 2019 as I leverage to grab Love, Taylor, Montgomery or either of the two Harris who might declare.

Tex
Sounds like a really competitive and fun league  :thumbup:

A "generation" in modern times is roughly 28 years. No way Barkley is the only high end rookie RB in nearly 30 years. Some people really put the fantasy in fantasy football.

We'll all wake up and figure out he's just a football player; maybe an above average one at that. He's not going to transcend the game and score any more than RBs already do. Rookie fever should be a DSM-V category. ;)
While I agree that we are prone to hyperbole and that there is a tendency to lionize every crop of fantasy rookies, the hype on Barkley is real. His scouting grades, physical skills, and personal character make him a top 5 talent-even when using your definition of generational, spanning 28-30 years. The only backs I remember that are graded more highly in the last 30 years are Bo Jackson, Eric Dickerson, and Adrian Peterson. As a talent, Barkley grades higher than Tomlinson, Zeke, and Faulk. Clearly, he has accomplished nothing in the NFL but his view in the scouting community does meet the criteria of a generational talent.

Disclaimer:  This is a devy league and Barkley is already rostered (by me).  Top players that can be drafted are Michel, Penny, K Johnson, D J Moore, J K Dobbins (devy), A J Brown (devy), Jonathan Taylor (devy), Bryce Love (devy), Damien Harris (devy), Bryan Edwards (devy), Jacobs (devy), and Swift (devy). I won this league this past season.

Was offered a 2019 1st and 2nd for the 1.01.   Then he offered 2 future 1st rd picks for the 1.01 and he also wanted a 2019 2nd and 3rd from me. Even with some of the top guys from this draft already on rosters, because it is a devy league, there are several stud devy players available + Michel, who is worth more than two future 1st rd picks IMO.  Even if Michel lands in a bad spot I would rather have A J Brown or Dobbins over 2 future 1sts.  To me that gives a lot of leverage for the 1.01, even in devy leagues where some of the top 2018 draft picks are already on a roster.  I think it is important to mention in this thread the importance of the 1.01 in devy leagues, not just standard dynasty leagues.
Never heard of a Devy League What does it involve? 

Never heard of a Devy League What does it involve? 
Developmental league where you have maybe 4-5 spots on your roster for players not yet in the nfl. So you there are college players getting drafted. 

Developmental league where you have maybe 4-5 spots on your roster for players not yet in the nfl. So you there are college players getting drafted. 
So basically you are drafting on potential and risking where they land? Kind of like Dynasty drafts in Baseball to an extent except the players are still in college.  

So basically you are drafting on potential and risking where they land? Kind of like Dynasty drafts in Baseball to an extent except the players are still in college.  
Yeah, but with a dedicated roster section for those devy picks. Also I believe there is a separate devy draft and rookie draft in most leagues. I don’t play in any but have been around enough to get the gist. 

I am in a league that drafts rookies before the nfl draft, l like it because you are drafting on scouting. It also adds some excitement to the offseason, as it gives me something to look forward to early on, then my other drafts are staggered thru the summer. 

Yeah, but with a dedicated roster section for those devy picks. Also I believe there is a separate devy draft and rookie draft in most leagues. I don’t play in any but have been around enough to get the gist. 

I am in a league that drafts rookies before the nfl draft, l like it because you are drafting on scouting. It also adds some excitement to the offseason, as it gives me something to look forward to early on, then my other drafts are staggered thru the summer. 
The only devy I'm in, my first year - the league has gone for a while, has 12 total devy spots with 12 teams. No separate devy draft.  The strategies should be interesting. Of course Barkley, Ridley, Washington and a few others are taken but so are Bo Scarborough and LJ Scott, which don't seem like good picks now. (I took both in the dispersal draft but later than I suspect they went originally)

I guess you have to ask yourself would you take that for Zeke, because that's the equivalent of what we're talking about here (without his baggage) IMO.
Well I did let him know I'm willing to work on the offer and also told him I'm willing to move doctson and devante parker as well. Anyways I would give more for elliot or Gurley for that matter. I truly don't see Barkley as good of a runner as elliot but a much better pass catcher. 

About two months back I traded Le'Veon Bell and Marshawn Lynch (rumored to be cut at the time) for the 1.01 on a team I was retooling (not quite a tear down rebuild) - I have not received an offer for the pick yet....probably because of what I paid and probably because things have been a little quiet overall in the league.

I was offered Leveon Bell for the 1.1, Mccaffrey and a 2019 first (Late).  Also, was offered the 1.4, 1.9 and a 2019 first (probably top 4) for the 1.1 and Tyreek Hill.  Easy rejects. 

I guess we're posting proposed trades here.  Picks 4, 14 and a future 1st for the 1. Is that light or about right?

I've only received one offer for the 1.01, and it was Devonta Freeman + 1.05 (12-TM, PPR). 

When is going to be the best time to announce you are shopping the 1.01, or basically the best time to sell for the highest price? Is it going to be before the NFL Draft, or is it better to maximize value right before our rookie draft? 

I traded away the 1.1, Thielen, and Stafford for 1.3, Antonio, Trubisky, and Alex Smith. 2QB league. 

I hated to do it, but will still get a nice back at 1.3, got Antonio, and get two QBs in return for one that I can flip.

Had a lot of offers, but this one seemed the most fair and hadn't been getting some of the more ridiculous hauls that are being bragged on here and on Twitter. 

I might regret it if Saquon lands somewhere good like TB, but if he goes to Cleveland, I'll feel good about having sold. Duke isn't going away.

I traded away the 1.1, Thielen, and Stafford for 1.3, Antonio, Trubisky, and Alex Smith. 2QB league. 

I hated to do it, but will still get a nice back at 1.3, got Antonio, and get two QBs in return for one that I can flip.

Had a lot of offers, but this one seemed the most fair and hadn't been getting some of the more ridiculous hauls that are being bragged on here and on Twitter. 

I might regret it if Saquon lands somewhere good like TB, but if he goes to Cleveland, I'll feel good about having sold. Duke isn't going away.
I don't play 2QB, so I can't really comment on the trade.  But wanted to point out that Duke is a FA after this season - and CLE could absolutely trade him on draft night.  

Concept Coop said:
I don't play 2QB, so I can't really comment on the trade.  But wanted to point out that Duke is a FA after this season - and CLE could absolutely trade him on draft night.  
I'm not seeing a ton of "inside information" out there regarding the possibility of trading Duke on draft night (in fact, there is a lot of talk about extending him), although it certainly would make sense, especially if they were to use the #4 on Saquon. If they were to move Duke, then Cleveland becomes just as desirable of a landing spot as anywhere else, IMO. I wouldn't be that worried about Hyde. He'd get the Lat Murray treatment...sign a big free agent contract just to go to the bench for their rookie. 

Users who are viewing this thread