What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.01 rookie dynasty owners, what are you being offered? What are you selling for? (1 Viewer)

I worked with a guy who had a bunch of homemade sayings that didn’t make sense, like “beaver up a tree won’t get wet.” Whatever that means. Varying contexts used. 

I understand if you send an offer and say “you seem thin at wr” or something but the guys who try to tell you what a great deal they’re offering are irritating. You know, the offer of 4 garbage for 1 stud, along with a note about how each of these players have tremendous upside and will be starters in no time (rather than be dropped to the ww on his team). You decline, they send you the same offer but adding in a 3rd, but now they also want a 2nd next year. You decline, now you get a message because you didn’t counter. Ok, well I don’t want any of those guys. If you want a counter, I’ll offer one, and i usually try to have it make sense, although I’m not likely making my best offer out of the gate. You get a decline with a “that’s ridiculous.” Maybe this is just one person in one league I’m in, but I go through this every year. Or the offer for your best player for their two best bench players. Grrrrr....
He got all pissy i didn't send a counter too. I was like I don't have to trade the pick in fact I'm pretty keen on keeping it, unless of course I get a blow me outta the water offer im  sitting tight.

He got all pissy i didn't send a counter too. I was like I don't have to trade the pick in fact I'm pretty keen on keeping it, unless of course I get a blow me outta the water offer im  sitting tight.
This is an instance, trying to pry the 1.01 or a different stud, where I’ll make my best offer out of the gate. Maybe it gets tweaked and countered, or maybe that guy isn’t available, or maybe I don’t have the ammo. Either way, I can understand, sometimes a deal won’t get done. Some people will only trade with you if they think they’re fleecing you, or at least getting the better end of the deal. 

32tm (2 player copies ) idp

I own 1.01 and have a major rebuild ahead, these are what I've been offered so far...

Give: Picks #1, #33

Get: Picks #4, #14, 2020 (mid/late)

Give: Pick #1

Get: McKinnon, Pick #5

Get: Ajayi, Parker, Pick #12

Get: Freeman, Pick #20, 2019 1st (mid), 2020 1st (mid)

Give: Pick #1, 2019 1st (my own so certain top 5)

Get: Picks #5, #17, 2019 1st (mid), 2019 1st (late), 2020 1st (current champ), 2020 2nd (current champ).

Last edited by a moderator:

I own 1.01 and have a major rebuild ahead, these are what I've been offered so far...

Get: Picks #5, #17, 2019 1st (mid), 2019 1st (late), 2020 1st (current champ), 2020 2nd (current champ).
Worst trade thread? Hey, I’ll need your 2nd as well because you know, Parker is about to blow up and Ajayi has a solid 10 years left.....

all those are pretty light. Love how the current champ is gunning for your 2019 pick too- make sure when reading these you keep in mind the “late 1sts” are like pick 24-32, not 10-12, even with 2 copies they aren’t that valuable. 

Well I made an offer of freeman, 1.05, 1.12. I don’t think he’s interested in moving it at all so I’m not hopeful, but have to try. Also tried 1.05/1.12 for 1.02, perhaps I’ll get a nibble there or a counter.

Worst trade thread? Hey, I’ll need your 2nd as well because you know, Parker is about to blow up and Ajayi has a solid 10 years left.....

all those are pretty light. Love how the current champ is gunning for your 2019 pick too- make sure when reading these you keep in mind the “late 1sts” are like pick 24-32, not 10-12, even with 2 copies they aren’t that valuable. 
WRs are king in this league so I'm kind of not surprised that I'm not getting over generous offers for 1.01.....looks like I'll be holding and drafting Barkley  :cool:

Yeah I think you just keep the pick and take Barkley if that is all they are offering.

Snorkelson said:
keep in mind the “late 1sts” are like pick 24-32, not 10-12, even with 2 copies they aren’t that valuable. 
I don't follow.  In my multiple copy leagues, I always think of the picks as their single copy equivalent.  So picks 24-32 I would see as 12-16.

Got to love the moxy of this offer.  Not only will I take the Barkley and any hope of you improving this year, I also want your top 3 1st next year to rub it in your face.

To be fair, I did offer to include Hyde.

And I still think mine was the best offer. 

Not a trade, but initial draft which includes the first two rounds of rookie picks. Not players but the picks.

I took the 1.01 as the 9th pick. Behind the usual suspects plus Aaron Rodgers (superflex). Gurley, Zeke, Rodgers, Bell, DJ, Hopkins, OBJ, Antonio brown, 1.01

Just acquired 1.01 for L. Bell straight-up in a deep roster/PPR/IDP dynasty league. A week after being rejected for the same offer in another similar league where the asking price for the 1.01 was Bell + future 1st + ???.

I worked with a guy who had a bunch of homemade sayings that didn’t make sense, like “beaver up a tree won’t get wet.” Whatever that means. Varying contexts used. 
:lol:

I have no idea what that means either but I would love a situation to use it and see someone's reaction.

To be fair, I did offer to include Hyde.

And I still think mine was the best offer. 
You did indeed, I forgot that one. A combination of not being high on Hyde and the possibility of Cleveland drafting Barkley was enough to steer me clear of that offer.

:lol:

I have no idea what that means either but I would love a situation to use it and see someone's reaction.
He would pull it out in the most random contexts- and it would always be this Big drawn out “wait til I have everyone’s attention to drop my one liner” where he gets all loud and is “well, you know, you know what they say (is everyone looking? Not yet) yeah, you know, there’s a saying for this (ok they’re looking) beaver up a tree won’t get wet!” And lots of confused college kids. He had a bunch of stupid stuff he’d say- sometimes it was misquoting stuff youve heard or said like pot/kettle/Black, but he’d mess them up. It would come out vaguely racist sounding because he’d just say “well, that’s a black kettle.” He also was on a diet once- so he’d smash a cream cheese danish, then wash it down with a slim fast. He could not figure out why he wasn’t losing weight. I told him “that’s not how that stuff works, it’s supposed to replace a meal” and he got in this big arguement with me how i don’t know because I’ve never had to diet (I was in my 20s then). It was like working with a cartoon character. 

He would pull it out in the most random contexts- and it would always be this Big drawn out “wait til I have everyone’s attention to drop my one liner” where he gets all loud and is “well, you know, you know what they say (is everyone looking? Not yet) yeah, you know, there’s a saying for this (ok they’re looking) beaver up a tree won’t get wet!” And lots of confused college kids. He had a bunch of stupid stuff he’d say- sometimes it was misquoting stuff youve heard or said like pot/kettle/Black, but he’d mess them up. It would come out vaguely racist sounding because he’d just say “well, that’s a black kettle.” He also was on a diet once- so he’d smash a cream cheese danish, then wash it down with a slim fast. He could not figure out why he wasn’t losing weight. I told him “that’s not how that stuff works, it’s supposed to replace a meal” and he got in this big arguement with me how i don’t know because I’ve never had to diet (I was in my 20s then). It was like working with a cartoon character. 
That beaver up a tree won’t get wet made me laugh pretty hard. Thank you for that. 

This what happened in my keeper league. We only keep 4 so a few guys were trading guys they couldn't obviously keep and suckering people into taking their 1st. Well one guy had accumulated like 3 other first round picks plus his own. Long story short drafts a bunch of keepers next off season or during the season trades other keepers he can't keep off for another 1st or 2nd round and rinse and repeat. It got to the point the commissioner stepped in because some of the guys going for a 1st or second were hardly keeper worthy or marginal at best. I got Jimmy G, Wentz and Rodgers and the Champ already said he didn't know who had Wentz but he'd give his 1st for him. What? Why would I take essentially a 2nd rounder for one of the top young QB's. I have a middle first pick as well. 

This what happened in my keeper league. We only keep 4 so a few guys were trading guys they couldn't obviously keep and suckering people into taking their 1st. Well one guy had accumulated like 3 other first round picks plus his own. Long story short drafts a bunch of keepers next off season or during the season trades other keepers he can't keep off for another 1st or 2nd round and rinse and repeat. It got to the point the commissioner stepped in because some of the guys going for a 1st or second were hardly keeper worthy or marginal at best. I got Jimmy G, Wentz and Rodgers and the Champ already said he didn't know who had Wentz but he'd give his 1st for him. What? Why would I take essentially a 2nd rounder for one of the top young QB's. I have a middle first pick as well. 
Lame that the commish stepped in. These are adults not kids so they should learn the hard way and if they aren’t bright enough to learn on their own than so be it. Really dislike the notion of a commish or leaguemates needing to “advise/mentor” the competition.

Lame that the commish stepped in. These are adults not kids so they should learn the hard way and if they aren’t bright enough to learn on their own than so be it. Really dislike the notion of a commish or leaguemates needing to “advise/mentor” the competition.
Well he didn't per say stop the trades but had some emails directed at him by a few managers. I had a trade that kept getting vetoed because people thought I was colluding with the other guy. I was trading for Jordy Nelson and Steven Ridley as I had Rodgers at the time My double 6 PTs for a TD and combine numbers worked well for a few yrs till both got injured. The problem was we didn't have a vote on if off season trading should take place. at least 3 trades by 2 managers were made that if people had saw them at the time would've been vetoed. We didn't realize ESPN didn't lock leaves or my Commissioner never thought of it. Either way ended up re organizing the Veto laws as well as locked the league so off season trading couldn't. One of the moves was Demarius Thomas before Peyton Manning signed was had for a lot less then he should've been taken for. The moves that were made were let be though. A note was left by the Commissioner to please think thourghly on a trade before accepting it. He wasn't going to babysit anyone either. Use your own discretion on a move. Since then the league has gotten better.

The issue was we had 3 managers including the commissioner (eventually stepped down) who were predatory traders and went after the weakest players for their best players and our traded guys who shouldn't be taken for high picks. I traded P Rivers to a guy and wanted a 8th 4th round or a 9th 5th from him (After keepers) and he said no. We agreed on a lesser deal then what I wanted as I got a player I needed. 2 weeks later the guy tries trading Rivers to the worst team for his 5th (1st round after keepers) and getting what essentially was going to become the #1 pick. The trade was vetoed as it didn't help the manager trading for him and the manager who got the 1st asked why it was vetoed. They explained why and then I called the dude out for what he did. I emailed the new commissioner to explain what I believe this guy was doing was wrong and the fact he had an email on the board about the trade after I announced it on the board about how he felt Rivers wasn't keeper worthy came back to bite him. He then tried to back step on those comments as well. I knew the predators too because we played in a baseball leagued the first few yrs they would do the same to me. However they knew I was more knowledgeable in football so they wouldn't even attempt to under hand trade with me. Also these were free leagues. I agree in a money league I would've said F it but a free league I'll say something if it needs to be said. I have a buddy from HS who plays in a Football league with his former co worker. They basically prey on guys in the league all the time. It's a money league I refuse to participate in because I know I'm at a disadvantage. I've even heard them on the phone trying to collude with each other and the one is the commissioner. 

Well he didn't per say stop the trades but had some emails directed at him by a few managers. I had a trade that kept getting vetoed because people thought I was colluding with the other guy. I was trading for Jordy Nelson and Steven Ridley as I had Rodgers at the time My double 6 PTs for a TD and combine numbers worked well for a few yrs till both got injured. The problem was we didn't have a vote on if off season trading should take place. at least 3 trades by 2 managers were made that if people had saw them at the time would've been vetoed. We didn't realize ESPN didn't lock leaves or my Commissioner never thought of it. Either way ended up re organizing the Veto laws as well as locked the league so off season trading couldn't. One of the moves was Demarius Thomas before Peyton Manning signed was had for a lot less then he should've been taken for. The moves that were made were let be though. A note was left by the Commissioner to please think thourghly on a trade before accepting it. He wasn't going to babysit anyone either. Use your own discretion on a move. Since then the league has gotten better.

The issue was we had 3 managers including the commissioner (eventually stepped down) who were predatory traders and went after the weakest players for their best players and our traded guys who shouldn't be taken for high picks. I traded P Rivers to a guy and wanted a 8th 4th round or a 9th 5th from him (After keepers) and he said no. We agreed on a lesser deal then what I wanted as I got a player I needed. 2 weeks later the guy tries trading Rivers to the worst team for his 5th (1st round after keepers) and getting what essentially was going to become the #1 pick. The trade was vetoed as it didn't help the manager trading for him and the manager who got the 1st asked why it was vetoed. They explained why and then I called the dude out for what he did. I emailed the new commissioner to explain what I believe this guy was doing was wrong and the fact he had an email on the board about the trade after I announced it on the board about how he felt Rivers wasn't keeper worthy came back to bite him. He then tried to back step on those comments as well. I knew the predators too because we played in a baseball leagued the first few yrs they would do the same to me. However they knew I was more knowledgeable in football so they wouldn't even attempt to under hand trade with me. Also these were free leagues. I agree in a money league I would've said F it but a free league I'll say something if it needs to be said. I have a buddy from HS who plays in a Football league with his former co worker. They basically prey on guys in the league all the time. It's a money league I refuse to participate in because I know I'm at a disadvantage. I've even heard them on the phone trying to collude with each other and the one is the commissioner. 
That league sounds like a nightmare in a lot of different ways.

Not involved but saw this one in a 14-team PPR. 

for

1.02 and 2019 1st (probably top 5, though I didn't deep dive into rosters)

Okie Dokie.

The draft is over. What are the offers that you, the 1.01 owners are getting? What are you now looking for?

Quiet so far in the four leagues I own the 1.01. But my first draft is not until 5/5, so maybe people are formulating their offers (or maybe they aren't that interested in the pick).

Well, yeah.
You think its that far off?  I dont blame him for turning it down, but I didnt feel it was an obvious bad offer, as your response seems to indicate that you feel it is.  Not challenging you...trying to get a gauge on what people feel the real value is.  I thought it was a reasonable offer.

Looking at the FBG dynasty rankings for RB, they have Barkley 7 and Ingram 14 (I eliminated Hammond who had Barkley unranked).  AJ Green and Rudolph dont constitute a reasonable bridge from 7 to 14?  Has Green fallen that far in one season?  He alone would have been arguably too much to give up for the 1.1 last year.  I know what Saquon might be, and what people think he will be, but I also still remember Trent Richardson, and a lot of the exact same type of hype for him.

ETA - FBG still have AJG as the 7th ranked dynasty WR (Rudolph at 7th TE).  Unless you feel they are way off on that or on Ingram at 14, or if you are convinced that Barkley is undoubtedly in store for a HOF career, then I stand behind that as a fair-value offer.

You think its that far off?  I dont blame him for turning it down, but I didnt feel it was an obvious bad offer, as your response seems to indicate that you feel it is.  Not challenging you...trying to get a gauge on what people feel the real value is.  I thought it was a reasonable offer.

Looking at the FBG dynasty rankings for RB, they have Barkley 7 and Ingram 14 (I eliminated Hammond who had Barkley unranked).  AJ Green and Rudolph dont constitute a reasonable bridge from 7 to 14?  Has Green fallen that far in one season?  He alone would have been arguably too much to give up for the 1.1 last year.  I know what Saquon might be, and what people think he will be, but I also still remember Trent Richardson, and a lot of the exact same type of hype for him.

ETA - FBG still have AJG as the 7th ranked dynasty WR (Rudolph at 7th TE).  Unless you feel they are way off on that or on Ingram at 14, or if you are convinced that Barkley is undoubtedly in store for a HOF career, then I stand behind that as a fair-value offer.
You are giving guys near the end of their careers for the best young prospect to come along in a long time. Barkley owners are excited about the possibility of owning a super stud for the next 8-10 years. Two old guys and a mediocre tight end aren’t going to do it.

You are giving guys near the end of their careers for the best young prospect to come along in a long time. Barkley owners are excited about the possibility of owning a super stud for the next 8-10 years. Two old guys and a mediocre tight end aren’t going to do it.
Makes sense.

I tend to view dynasty as "the next 3 seasons" when I make trades, and I think those guys have 2-4 real good years left, but I hear you on that point.

Do you think subbing Keenan Allen for Green makes it a fair offer?  

Makes sense.

I tend to view dynasty as "the next 3 seasons" when I make trades, and I think those guys have 2-4 real good years left, but I hear you on that point.

Do you think subbing Keenan Allen for Green makes it a fair offer?  
I think it’s more fair, but I still wouldn’t take it. 

I would need Gurley to move off the 1.01. I just want to roll with Barkley and see what he turns into. No way do I want to trade him away and see him tear things up. That would kill me.

Just got an offer of Demarco Murray, 1.09, 2.09, and a 2019 2nd for the 1.01 and ASJ.

I politely informed him that I'd given DJ and Diggs to get 1.01 (and 2.01) not that long ago and he apologized profusely. Still though :D

Wish I'd been able to get it cheaper, though...

I offered Kamara and Mike Williams for the pick (unsurprisingly) with no luck. 

In another league, Evans and Mixon for 1.01 and KB was discussed, but the Barkley owner eventually decided to sit tight. 

I offered Lev Bell and the 3.2 for  Aaron Jones, the 1.1 and 2.1.  I'd probably give up the 2.1 or Jones to get it done, and keep the 3.2.

I know a lot of folks on here think the 1.1 is worth more than Bell, but I personally think that is crazy talk.  I see Bell as pretty much a ceiling for any RB, so the gamble is that he hits close to his ceiling and stays healthy for long enough to make the risk of the known commodity worth it. 

I am very confident that it will be rejected.

I offered Bell + Cooks for 1.01 + Julio. Counter was Bell + Cooks + 2.02 + future 1st for 1.01. Maybe that will end up looking cheap for Barkley one day, but it was too rich for my blood right now.

In a 14-team IDP/PPR I offered 1.03, 1.11, 2.10, Laquan Treadwell and $6 (out of $75 yearly) and got rejected.  Felt it was a pretty strong offer, as I figured the delta between Barkley and, say, Chubb, would be mitigated by the value of the player at 1.11.  Treadwell - after being 1.02 two years ago :bag:  - and 2.10 sweetened the pot in my opinion.

Oh well.  

I have 1.01 in another (16 IDP/0.5 PPR) and rejected 1.02 and 1.04 for 1.01 and 2.01.

I dont even like Julio now, but you offered the 2 less valuable pieces here. 

Hence why he sent a wild counter. 
In your opinion maybe. Those players startup ADP is within a few spots of each other with Bell still ahead of Barkley, and Cooks only a few spots behind Julio, hardly insulting.

I've dealt with this owner for years across multiple leagues so I wasn't too surprised at his ridiculous counter based on our past dealings.

In your opinion maybe. 
Probably in most ppls opinion. 

I think most rank 1.01 above Bell (right or wrong)

And most would take Julio over Cooks, I believe. Tho they're essentially a wash to me. 

I'm not knocking the offer, but I don't see it ever getting it done. 

In a 14-team IDP/PPR I offered 1.03, 1.11, 2.10, Laquan Treadwell and $6 (out of $75 yearly) and got rejected.  Felt it was a pretty strong offer, as I figured the delta between Barkley and, say, Chubb, would be mitigated by the value of the player at 1.11.  Treadwell - after being 1.02 two years ago :bag:  - and 2.10 sweetened the pot in my opinion.

Oh well.  

I have 1.01 in another (16 IDP/0.5 PPR) and rejected 1.02 and 1.04 for 1.01 and 2.01.
:no:

The offer you turned down was better than the one you made.

Probably in most ppls opinion. 

I think most rank 1.01 above Bell (right or wrong)

And most would take Julio over Cooks, I believe. Tho they're essentially a wash to me. 

I'm not knocking the offer, but I don't see it ever getting it done. 
No worries! It's height of rookie fever so I get it will take an overpay to get Barkley. Just found it odd you singled out my post considering some of the other offers posted.

Go Browns! :thumbup:

Oh well.  

I call shenanigans, because you turned down a far better offer than you sent.

FTR I would take that 2nd offer.  #17 is after where the 2nd tier players run out for me.

Users who are viewing this thread