Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

WR D.J. Moore, Panthers


Recommended Posts

Quote

D.J. Moore caught 6-of-8 targets for 131 yards in Week 15 against the Packers.

Moore was the leading receiver in this game despite two players seeing more targets. His highlight was an early 40-yard lofted pass along the left sideline, where Teddy Bridgewater asked Moore to win in the air against two defensive backs and the receiver accepted the challenge. This was actually Moore's first game since Week 12, as he missed Week 14 while being on the COVID-19 list following the team's bye week. Still, Moore now has four straight games of at least 61 yards and eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark on the season.

Dec 20, 2020, 12:03 AM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Quote

D.J. Moore caught 5-of-10 targets for 37 yards in Carolina's Week 16 win against Washington.

Teddy Bridgewater, who wasn't afforded much time behind third-string LT Michael Schofield, also missed Moore running wide open for a touchdown at one point. It's still encouraging for Moore that he's seen at least eight targets in four consecutive games with a stint on the team's COVID list sandwiched in between. He'll need 84 receiving yards against New Orleans in the regular season finale to set a new career-high in only his third year with the Panthers.

Dec 28, 2020, 6:34 AM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Kiddnets said:

He needs a new QB...Teddy is very limited....if he gets a decent one his value will go way higher....may be a good time to buy low as there is a lot of negativity about him this yr

It’s strange how things evolve. With his RAC ability, Moore was supposed to really eat this year with Robby expected to be the field stretcher he was with the Jets.

Yet it’s turned out to be basically the opposite - perhaps due to Rhule and Teddy’s familiarity with Robby.

IMO it’s a testament to Moore’s ability that even in this uneven year for him, he’s only about 80 yards shy of his yardage total from last year. Receptions are way down due to Robby siphoning targets and Moore’s own drop issues.

As for next year, I also hope they bring in someone else, but unless they decide to go QB in the first round, it’ll be another year of Teddy (who they did give a pretty big contract to).

Edited by zamboni
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kiddnets said:

He needs a new QB...Teddy is very limited....if he gets a decent one his value will go way higher....may be a good time to buy low as there is a lot of negativity about him this yr

x10000000

Teddy has missed him countless times this year when he had nobody around him at all. I would buy DJ on the cheap and pray Bridge goes away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 7:17 PM, crushedspirit said:

x10000000

Teddy has missed him countless times this year when he had nobody around him at all. I would buy DJ on the cheap and pray Bridge goes away.

How is he going to come cheap after he just finished top 10 in yards as a 23 year old?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

How is he going to come cheap after he just finished top 10 in yards as a 23 year old?

Maybe not that cheap, but I doubt many see him as a top-10 fantasy receiver. He finished as a WR2 in most 10 team standard scoring formats. I think with better QB play he can really take off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think he may come at a discount in some leagues, just because of perceptions that he fell well short of the preseason hype that he would ascend as a top 5-type dynasty WR this year. That didn't happen, but the trajectory still seems there. Anderson's proximity in production plays in too, as he was widely regarded as more of a role player before this season. It all depends on your trading partners of course, but Moore was a subject of persistent frustration all season, even though his numbers we better than perceived.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I think he may come at a discount in some leagues, just because of perceptions that he fell well short of the preseason hype that he would ascend as a top 5-type dynasty WR this year. That didn't happen, but the trajectory still seems there. Anderson's proximity in production plays in too, as he was widely regarded as more of a role player before this season. It all depends on your trading partners of course, but Moore was a subject of persistent frustration all season, even though his numbers we better than perceived.

I remember preseason talk calling for regression for Moore due to a change in coaching/offensive philosophy.

The frustration was more for what could have been...  Settling for a good game when a missed opportunity cost you a great one.     A little up and down, but relative to his peers, he was solid.  I don't see much of a discount at his age or track record.  In fact, his value could jump if they go QB in the draft.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had McCaffrey not been hurt most of the year, IMO Moore’s numbers would have been worse due to targets going C-Mac’s way. As mentioned, I think DJ’s numbers only go up with a QB change. Samuel possibly departing via FA may also help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Had McCaffrey not been hurt most of the year, IMO Moore’s numbers would have been worse due to targets going C-Mac’s way. As mentioned, I think DJ’s numbers only go up with a QB change. Samuel possibly departing via FA may also help.

I considered the absence of CMC but it is hard to gauge the impact.  Does McCaffrey force teams to defend them differently, improve the offense, extend drives and provide more opportunities? One would think that, after a injury plagued season, they would reduce CMC's touches some  (he had huge volumes).  

Looking back at this past season, it is interesting to note that the Panthers had three receivers in the top 25 or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
Quote

Panthers exercised WR D.J. Moore's fifth-year option for 2022.

Inevitable. Moore, who has eclipsed 1,000 receiving yards in back-to-back seasons despite experiencing some turbulence under center, will make $11.1 million in 2022. The Panthers are still expected to remain in the market for another receiver since Robby Anderson is on the final year of his contract, but it would not be surprising if the team attempts to negotiate a multi-year deal with Moore beginning next offseason.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 29, 2021, 9:07 AM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kiddnets said:

Big night for D Moore's value.....if Car goes QB or OL should get a bump....they go WR and its a big hit.....

I don’t see how them taking a WR hits his value. Anderson’s contract is up after this year. I doubt Moore is going anywhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blick said:

I don’t see how them taking a WR hits his value. Anderson’s contract is up after this year. I doubt Moore is going anywhere. 

It may have been more of a Teddy issue but DJ was overlooked many times for Samuel.....him leaving opens up a lot of targets and lessens the impact of CMC IMO....DJ is definitely there to stay but Id rather not have him competing with a new WR for catches....invest in OL as Sam has shown to be very shaky when under pressure.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Kiddnets said:

It may have been more of a Teddy issue but DJ was overlooked many times for Samuel.....him leaving opens up a lot of targets and lessens the impact of CMC IMO....DJ is definitely there to stay but Id rather not have him competing with a new WR for catches....invest in OL as Sam has shown to be very shaky when under pressure.  

In fact, I think there is a good chance he sees a boost in targets with Darnold.  Darnold sure peppered Crowder with targets in the slot.

Edited by Blick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

NFL Week 1 fantasy football questions and answers: 32 reporters give advice on Julio Jones, Ravens running backs, more

Excerpt:

Quote

Who is most likely to improve upon his 2020: DJ Moore or Robby Anderson?

Moore, particularly when it comes to scoring in the red zone. He had only four receiving touchdowns last season. Look for that to at least double. Anderson thrived as a possession receiver last season. Some of his production is likely to go to rookie wideout Terrace Marshall Jr. and running back Christian McCaffrey. -- David Newton

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Faust changed the title to WR D.J. Moore, Panthers
Quote

 D.J. Moore caught 6-of-8 targets for 80 receiving yards in the Panthers' Week 1 win over the Jets, adding a rush for 14 additional yards.

Moore was second to Christian McCaffrey in targets on the day, showing a good connection with Sam Darnold. He was used deep downfield but also set up for yards-after-catch plays, even taking an end-around rush. Moore can be started confidently in the Panthers Week 2 matchup with the Saints.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...