What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Instant Pot cooker (1 Viewer)

Just got one of these for Christmas. Gonna try out the thai beef curry recipe. 

Anything else anyone would recommend?  

Excited for some easy quick dinners this winter, a little intimidated by this bad boy though. 

Just got one of these for Christmas. Gonna try out the thai beef curry recipe. 

Anything else anyone would recommend?  

Excited for some easy quick dinners this winter, a little intimidated by this bad boy though. 
Any kind of beans are very easy.

Soups with bone in meats become fabulous

I make a simple good and easy Mac n cheese in this thing:

Box of elbow noodles 16 oz

32 oz chicken stock 

3 tablespoons of butter 

Paprika 

Salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder 

Hot sauce - I like it spicy 

Worcestershire sauce - few shakes 

Fresh jalapeño, sliced 

Cheddar, parm and mozz - half a cup of each 

Pressure cook it with everything above except the cheese (don’t put the cheese in for the pressure cook!!) for 5 minutes. After the cook, add the 1.5 cups of cheese and milk (.5 Cup) then fold it all together. 

Comes out super creamy. You can toss it in a baking dish and add a topping if you want but we just eat it right out of pot. Well not literally. We put it on a plate. 

I love making things like chili, chicken and dumplings, mac- n cheese, other various soups, boiled peanuts, low country boil, spaghetti, lasagna, etc, etc, etc.

I've been wanting to try a cheesecake but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thai beef curry.

One of my "go-to" recipes.

Michelle Tam is a great resource for Instant Pot recipes. 
This was straight up legit. I put extra coconut milk in cause when prepping it didn’t look like there would be enough sauce. That was a minor mistake as all of the liquid stays in the pot and doesn’t evaporate so there was plenty of sauce when done. My wife loved it. 

I made jasmine rice in it too but it wasn’t much different than what I can do in a rice cooker which is fine cause now I can ditch that in lieu of the instant pot.

Saturday smoking a brisket and making the mac and cheese recipe capella posted.

Sunday I am gonna make chicken tikka masala (finding a store with garam masala was irritating).

So far digging it.

This was straight up legit. I put extra coconut milk in cause when prepping it didn’t look like there would be enough sauce. That was a minor mistake as all of the liquid stays in the pot and doesn’t evaporate so there was plenty of sauce when done. My wife loved it. 

I made jasmine rice in it too but it wasn’t much different than what I can do in a rice cooker which is fine cause now I can ditch that in lieu of the instant pot.

Saturday smoking a brisket and making the mac and cheese recipe capella posted.

Sunday I am gonna make chicken tikka masala (finding a store with garam masala was irritating).

So far digging it.
no asian grocery stores around?  

just got one - care to post any recipes you use?
If you like lentil soup. This is fast and simple and healthy.

1lb of red lentils, 1 onion diced, diced carrots, chopped celery,, garlic, onion powder, pepper, zaatar, cumin spice. Chicken broth as base. I use Better than Bullion for chicken and beef broth. Cheapest at Costco but grocery stores have it as well.  regular chicken broth works as well.

Says it takes 5 minutes but I always add another 5 minutes.  Squeeze a little lemon juice in before serving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, bought the 8 qt for my wife a month or so ago then totally forgot about it until seeing this thread, still sitting hidden in a closet somewhere. One of those gifts for her that was actually for me.

Anyway, I'm pumped to use this. This time of year I love any recipe that braises meat for a long time...osso bucco, pot roast, pork shoulder, etc. Looking forward to comparing results between this the dutch oven.

Could you share the recipe?  
https://m.surlatable.com/product/REC-367265/Instant+Pot+Herbed+Prime+Rib+Roast+with+Horseradish+Cream+Sauce?productId=REC-367265&categoryId=WRC-11354&categoryIdClicked=WRC-11330&_redirect=true

I did the full 45 minutes of cooking but cut the sitting for 20 minutes to about half. It was still a touch overdone for my prime rib taste, but even the outside that got cooked the most was still pretty tender.

Ive had one for 4 months and havent taken it out of the box.  I need some recipe motivation!

I made a cauliflower Mac and cheese that turned out decent.  I made a couple of mistakes and would adjust the recipe a little (add some butter and more cheese).  Overall it was a hit as the kids ate it and it was fairly simple to do - will definitely make it again.  

https://twosleevers.com/pressure-cooker-keto-cauliflower-cheese/

Recommendations if you do it:

- drain the cauliflower really well and make sure it’s cooked good but not too done.  I didn’t drain mine well enough and it showed (too soupy)

- add more cheese

Last edited by a moderator:
Made another dish from my Keto cookbook - creamy shrimp scampi over zucchini noodles.  I know it would have been much better with some pasta but it wasn’t bad.  I made a shrimp version and then a chicken version for my seafood hating girls.  I screwed up the shrimp batch a little putting the cream in before the cook and not after while sautéing.  It made it soup.  But the shrimp were really good.  The chicken one was good and more creamy but still a little too liquidity for my taste.  I’d cut back on the chicken stock next time.

Here’s an approximation of the recipe:

https://twosleevers.com/pressure-cooker-keto-creamy-shrimp-scampi/

I make a simple good and easy Mac n cheese in this thing:

Box of elbow noodles 16 oz

32 oz chicken stock 

3 tablespoons of butter 

Paprika 

Salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder 

Hot sauce - I like it spicy 

Worcestershire sauce - few shakes 

Fresh jalapeño, sliced 

Cheddar, parm and mozz - half a cup of each 

Pressure cook it with everything above except the cheese (don’t put the cheese in for the pressure cook!!) for 5 minutes. After the cook, add the 1.5 cups of cheese and milk (.5 Cup) then fold it all together. 

Comes out super creamy. You can toss it in a baking dish and add a topping if you want but we just eat it right out of pot. Well not literally. We put it on a plate. 
This was good.  Will try it again. I used some leftover velveeta (insert fake indignation and outrage over the use of fake cheese) as well as colby, parm and mozz. Chedder vs colby would’ve been better but it was what I had on hand, regardless it was delicious. I will definitely use this as a base and riff off of it for a variety of variations. Thinking some lobster mac, bacon and tomoto, maybe sausage, fried chicken, buffalo chicken and my favorite from my poor college days - ground taco meat and mac and cheeze), the possibilities are endless! 

The brisket I smoked with it was good too I guess...lol. 

got one last night. made a soup in 8 minutes

this thing is legit

making mashed potatoes in it tonight to pair with prime rib in the sous vide

Made ribs last night came out really good.

4 cups apple juice, added some apple cider vinegar.  Cooked for 30 min.  Which next time gonna try 25 min.  Cause the ribs were breaking apart.  Put in oven on broil for 8-10 minutes after adding bbq sauce.  Tasted very good.

We like to saute in a little butter and garlic. Over a min and a half or so is over cooked

Have to drain on paper towels for an hour or so changing the towels a few times imo before cooking. 

Good stuff
yeah can salt them too and wait a few mins alot of the moisture will come to the surface. pat dry and youre good to go

i make a veggie lasagna using zuchini as the pasta, usually slice them thin with the mandolin then let them lay in a salt bath for 10 mins, then sear them and theyre ready to roll

I purchased one of these today, the duo plus 60 model.  I'm a little concerned about the quality of the product, having perused the Amazon reviews a little more thoroughly.  To all who own one, how has yours held up over time? 

I purchased one of these today, the duo plus 60 model.  I'm a little concerned about the quality of the product, having perused the Amazon reviews a little more thoroughly.  To all who own one, how has yours held up over time? 
We use ours occasionally for cooking and once a week making yogurt for the past 1.5 years.  We have not had any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread