What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Wilkins - RB - Colts (1 Viewer)

Borden

Footballguy
I like some of what I’ve seen but can’t find much for cut ups or videos.

Highlights *not that great of a video for critiques

Cut Up vs Bama

Draft Profile

He looks good to me but there’s so little video on him it’s hard to say. I will post any more cut ups I come across.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's not to like? Good vision, decisive, hard to tackle, good size/athleticism, high ypc. He's not young though.

Wilkins reminds me a lot of Matt Forte. In fact, the comparison instantly came to mind when I started scouting him. I found it interesting that after the draft Colts’ GM Chris Ballard also used the Forte comp.

His running style is very similar to Forte. There’s some unknowns in regards to Wilkins’ upside as a receiver, but he looks like a natural pass-catcher & had 26 receptions last season.

Really good rookie draft value. Wilkins makes an outstanding stash, IMO.

Jordan Wilkins - RB - Colts

Fifth-round RB Jordan Wilkins has mixed in with the Colts' first-team offense at minicamp.

And he's getting reps with Andrew Luck, who returned to practice on Tuesday and is doing more on Wednesday. Beat writer George Bremer noted Wilkins caught a deep wheel route from Luck. Robert Turbin has gotten most of the first-team running back reps, but the Colts know what he brings to the table. Marlon Mack is rehabbing from shoulder surgery. Wilkins is a late-round fantasy sleeper.

Source: George Bremer on Twitter

Jun 13 - 1:47 PM

https://twitter.com/gmbremer/status/1006955212622270464?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Looks like Nyheim Hines was hurt during practice yesterday with a ‘lower body injury’, but haven’t seen anything official on the injury. I believe he was held out today too. Curious to see how serious it is. Could be a big boost in Wilkins. 

Skeletore Eh said:
Jordan Wilkins - RB - Colts

Fifth-round RB Jordan Wilkins has mixed in with the Colts' first-team offense at minicamp.

And he's getting reps with Andrew Luck, who returned to practice on Tuesday and is doing more on Wednesday. Beat writer George Bremer noted Wilkins caught a deep wheel route from Luck. Robert Turbin has gotten most of the first-team running back reps, but the Colts know what he brings to the table. Marlon Mack is rehabbing from shoulder surgery. Wilkins is a late-round fantasy sleeper.

Source: George Bremer on Twitter

Jun 13 - 1:47 PM

https://twitter.com/gmbremer/status/1006955212622270464?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
I'm sure Wilkins is getting 1st-team reps in part because of Mack's injury, but taking advantage of opportunities is a big part of the dynamics involved in a sleeper emerging.

Wilkins is a big-time steal anywhere from the late-3rd on, which is where he's typically going now. I suspect his ADP will rise over the summer.

Wilkins instantly reminded me of Forte as soon as I started scouting him.

I thought it was interesting when I heard Chris Ballard say the same thing (AFTER I came to the same conclusion so there was no bias).

Really curious to see what Wilkins can do in training camp/preseason.

I thought it was interesting when I heard Chris Ballard say the same thing (AFTER I came to the same conclusion so there was no bias).

An example of why?

An example of why?
I’ll probably post a vid when I get some time (if nobody else does), but it only took a few plays before he reminded me of Forte (the first time I watched a clip of Wilkins when I was preparing for my rookie drafts this spring).

What initially made the connection for me was Wilkins’ similar body type, his general running style, & the loose hips.

I've watched the usual Youtube clips of him.

I can see the Forte comp.

He glides some.  Reminds me of Arian Foster in that respect.

1070 The Fan's Kevin Bowen believes Colts fifth-round rookie Jordan Wilkins is "in the mix" for the starting running back job.

Bowen reports Marlon Mack has spent the most time with the first-team offense, but each of the top five backs on the depth chart has gotten at least a few reps with the starting unit. Under new coach Frank Reich, the Colts are fully expected to use a committee approach in the backfield, but Wilkins could still return value in all formats if he wins the early-down job. He is a good late-round flier.

Source: 1070 The Fan 

Jul 31 - 10:46 AM

Meh. That reads like a whole lot of reporting about nothing that leads nowhere meaningful.

You mean if a fifth round pick seizes the starting job he may have value? Thanks Scoop!

ETA I'm talking Kevin Bowen, not you @Faust, you're awesome. 

The Indianapolis Star reports fifth-round RB Jordan Wilkins has been excelling in Colts camp "since the pads went on."

Reporter Stephen Holder believes Wilkins is "going to give coaches lots to contemplate if he continues to have the same kind of production in preseason games." Committed to a committee, the Colts' backfield roles are wide open.

Source: Indianapolis Star 

Aug 2 - 3:38 PM

@Faust It always makes me nervous when I see your icon because lessen known guy. “Please don’t be an injury. Please don’t be an injury.” :D  Thank you and keep up the excellent work. 

Greg Rakestraw✔@gregrakestraw

#Colts Reich: Big fan of Jordan Wilkins. Has show an ability to play all three downs, and has been better out of the backfield as a reciever than expected.

10:28 AM - Aug 1, 2018

Meh. That reads like a whole lot of reporting about nothing that leads nowhere meaningful.

You mean if a fifth round pick seizes the starting job he may have value? Thanks Scoop!

ETA I'm talking Kevin Bowen, not you @Faust, you're awesome. 
The competition is 2 other fourth round picks and Ballard, wherever he was drafted. Oh, well we can't forget Christine Michael either. I like Wilkins' chances of seizing this backfield as it stands a lot better than that of holding on to it in the future. Adversaries could be a lot better.

An example of why?
I finally got around to this. Similar body type as Forte & comparable running style, but what initially made the comparison for me was Wilkins' loose hips, which really helped Forte become a top NFL RB. Also, while Wilkins wasn't used extensively as a receiver, he shows no deficiency.

Much of the vid illustrates Wilkins' exceptional hips, but especially the play at 0:58 & even more the replay at 1:12. Loose hips are one of the better attributes a RB can have, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcRNI0IS9tE

I finally got around to this. Similar body type as Forte & comparable running style, but what initially made the comparison for me is Wilkins' loose hips, which really helped Forte become a top NFL RB. Also, while Wilkins wasn't used extensively as a receiver, he shows no deficiency.

Much of the vid illustrates Wilkins' exceptional hips, but especially the play at 0:58 & even more the replay at 1:12. Loose hips are one of the better attributes a RB can have, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcRNI0IS9tE
Thanks for the clips. I would agree he shows some good change of direction ability or loose hips as you say on some of these runs.

I can see some similarities in body type. I think Forte showed more elusiveness than what I have seen in the clips of Wilsins. Forte would do head fakes and use footwork and timing to make defenders look silly a lot more than I see Wilkins doing, but Wilkins does have some of that in his game.

Marlon Mack is so Jekyl and Hyde with how he plays that I do see him being used in a time share and perhaps Wilkins is good enough to force that split. I think Hines is going to be involved as well, but more as a satellite type of RB.

Thanks for the clips. I would agree he shows some good change of direction ability or loose hips as you say on some of these runs.

I can see some similarities in body type. I think Forte showed more elusiveness than what I have seen in the clips of Wilsins. Forte would do head fakes and use footwork and timing to make defenders look silly a lot more than I see Wilkins doing, but Wilkins does have some of that in his game.

Marlon Mack is so Jekyl and Hyde with how he plays that I do see him being used in a time share and perhaps Wilkins is good enough to force that split. I think Hines is going to be involved as well, but more as a satellite type of RB.
Yeah, I believe the starter's job in Indy is more open than many people think.

Very likely will be a RBBC, but Wilkins might be good enough to win the job at some point.

Yeah, I believe the starter's job in Indy is more open than many people think.

Very likely will be a RBBC, but Wilkins might be good enough to win the job at some point.
If Mack messes up and ends up getting benched, then yes that opens a lot of opportunity for Wilkins and Hines to take advantage of.

If Luck is back healthy, this could be a very good offense, and so valuable touches for the RB even if the RB are not that special or long term starters for them.

It could be RBBC all year, or it could be split up during the season, for example Mack getting 50% of the rushing attempts for the first 4-6 weeks then maybe Wilkins gets those touches later on in the season if Mack gets benched or injured.

I don't really see Hines winning the starting job. I just think he will be involved as a 3rd down guy or on certain plays and that is what he does, regardless of what the RB are doing.

So if you invest in Wilkins, I see it as a play for this season and hope he does have some big games along the way.

I do not see Wilkins as a long term answer (maybe I am wrong) who would be able to earn the start and hang on to it for several years, which is what I thought of when you compare him to Forte. 

I think WIlkins is okay but not as good as Forte. Looks like a journeyman type or career back up more than a starter in my opinion.

If Mack messes up and ends up getting benched, then yes that opens a lot of opportunity for Wilkins and Hines to take advantage of.

If Luck is back healthy, this could be a very good offense, and so valuable touches for the RB even if the RB are not that special or long term starters for them.

It could be RBBC all year, or it could be split up during the season, for example Mack getting 50% of the rushing attempts for the first 4-6 weeks then maybe Wilkins gets those touches later on in the season if Mack gets benched or injured.

I don't really see Hines winning the starting job. I just think he will be involved as a 3rd down guy or on certain plays and that is what he does, regardless of what the RB are doing.

So if you invest in Wilkins, I see it as a play for this season and hope he does have some big games along the way.

I do not see Wilkins as a long term answer (maybe I am wrong) who would be able to earn the start and hang on to it for several years, which is what I thought of when you compare him to Forte. 

I think WIlkins is okay but not as good as Forte. Looks like a journeyman type or career back up more than a starter in my opinion.
I wasn’t necessarily comparing raw ability as much as Wilkins reminding me of Forte. No way I’m going to pound the table for Wilkins. Just too many unknowns.

I do think he’s underrated & could win the job sometime this season, but that’s a long way from becoming a long-term feature back. Mostly, I like Wilkins’ price-to-upside ratio.

BTW, like you, I also believe Hines is just a specialty RB & likely will never be a starter. 

I was disappointed he didn't get into the game until the fourth quarter. At least he played well from what I saw, without dazzle but with subtly. But I'm not completely unbiased on this one.

Mack went out with a hamstring and Hines looked terrible on his carries. So there's that. 

Users who are viewing this thread