Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What is a troll? What is trolling?

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Seriously? 

I actually like you jon. I think you can contribute to the discussion, and provide thoughtful commentary when you’re not playing the victim (and when you’re not portraying conservatives in general as victims.) But dude, you’ve got to stop acting like a 12 year old girl. 

No need for a sexist comment in here  

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depends who you ask.  To some of the posters here, a troll is someone who posts things that the majority of the crew doesn't agree with. 

Why focus on the name? Lets focus on the behaviors and outcomes.   i.e. Spreading known and repeatedly and clearly disproven lies. Over and over.  Is it done on purpose to get under you

Exhibit A

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:
4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Seriously? 

I actually like you jon. I think you can contribute to the discussion, and provide thoughtful commentary when you’re not playing the victim (and when you’re not portraying conservatives in general as victims.) But dude, you’ve got to stop acting like a 12 year old girl. 

and likewise no need for saying the s word in your comment take that to the lets clean it up around here bank brohan 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Wasn’t meant to be. I have two daughters now past the age of 12 (thankfully) so I wrote from experience. Possibly boys are no different. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Seriously? 

You know how many times Joe has publically called me out, the gave me a prolong ban then refuse to hear my side.  Last time I got three months for complaining about being called a pedophile and not liking his explaination of turning it on me.  Here he is calling me out for linking to Sequistion's trolling posts instead of saying anything to the person trolling.  Before that he completely made up a rule which had never been enforced before or since and gave me over 2 months off.   

1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

You know how many times Joe has publically called me out, the gave me a prolong ban then refuse to hear my side.  Last time I got three months for complaining about being called a pedophile and not liking his explaination of turning it on me.  Here he is calling me out for linking to Sequistion's trolling posts instead of saying anything to the person trolling.  Before that he completely made up a rule which had never been enforced before or since and gave me over 2 months off.   

No offense jon but...who cares? 

I guarantee you nobody here wants to hear you complain that Joe doesn’t like you. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No offense jon but...who cares? 

I guarantee you nobody here wants to hear you complain that Joe doesn’t like you. 

I am sure they don't.   But you are hyper-sensitive and have emphathy how certain people are treated, but none for people outside those groups.  People don't like to be treated unequally and with disrespect regardless of skin color or gender or whatever.   What is so hard about applying that to all people.  Have a set of rules and apply it fairly across the board.   Seems like a reasonable expectation.  

4 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I am sure they don't.   But you are hyper-sensitive and have emphathy how certain people are treated, but none for people outside those groups.  People don't like to be treated unequally and with disrespect regardless of skin color or gender or whatever.   What is so hard about applying that to all people.  Have a set of rules and apply it fairly across the board.   Seems like a reasonable expectation.  

If I see a person getting mistreated I am just as sensitive as when it’s a group. But this is a message board. I can’t get excited about mistreatment here. 

Most posters, when suspended, do not obsessively demand that their "side" be heard.

On most message boards, such behavior would result in further suspensions. But at Footballguys, constant complainers are treated with kid gloves and allowed to poison the atmosphere with their negative posts -- ironically creating the very type of environment that they were complaining about in the first place.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jon_mx said:

It has nothing to do with disike.  It has to do with fairness and being respectful.  Most posters are, but there are quite a few who aren't.  The way it gets moderator becomes infuriating, because that it what they claim to strive for, but they refuse to let go of very long time held grudges which I do not understand.  Joe seems to hate me which flies in the face of his motto.  

I'm sorry but I have no opinion on you. I see your name often reported and usually with good reason. That's pretty much it. But I have no opinion on you whatsoever. Sorry. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Hi jon_mx,

Some things in life are bad.  They can really make you mad.  Other things make you swear and curse.  When you are chewing on life's gristle.  Don't grumble, give a whistle.

43 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

I’m sure the people that are being reported are totally deserving of whatever fate awaits them. Some people just can’t follow the rules.

So it goes like..?

"Joe, so and so isn't following the rules" !!! :rant:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

I’m sure the people that are being reported are totally deserving of whatever fate awaits them. Some people just can’t follow the rules.

The biggest trolls are also the biggest hitters of the abuse button.   

• Like 1
12 hours ago, jon_mx said:

The biggest trolls are also the biggest hitters of the abuse button.   

That is a very interesting  take on things, good sir.

I might possibly disagree with you but your stance is valid, Jonathan.

Edited by Radical Larry
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I can't believe people report other posters here :lmao:

Hi Cowboys,

Reporting posts that are over the line is crucial to keeping the boards afloat. There's no way the moderators can see everything. With the report button, stuff can be brought to their attention and they can take a look. Please always report things that are over the line. Thanks.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

Hi Cowboys,

Reporting posts that are over the line is crucial to keeping the boards afloat. There's no way the moderators can see everything. With the report button, stuff can be brought to their attention and they can take a look. Please always report things that are over the line. Thanks.

The problem is in many if not most cases the person doing the reporting has spent the last two or three pages making snarky personal comments trolling for a response so they can report it.  Mods don't have time to go back through the thread to see who initiated it and started in with the personal non-sense.  There is a fine line between making a good nature joke with another poster and being a snarky troll that is not always obvious.  But when the majority of the comments are directed towards a poster instead of the topic at hand, it is not good in nature and is snarky mean-spirited trolling.   Unfortunately, those types of comments are the rules instead of the exception, which is why people are so happy that the political sub-forum was created. 

• Like 2
On 5/4/2018 at 2:40 PM, timschochet said:

Seriously? 

The problem is you are oblivious to the problem and really don't understand why 80 percent of FFA don't want to join political discussions and want to keep the subforum separate.  My harping on all the personal attacks stuff isn't to play victim.  Even though you are not a main culprit, piling on with comments like this only serve to make this forum so undesirable to others and is counter-productive to the kind of discussions you claim to desire. 

There are at least a half dozen posters who will meet any entereance into a thread by an alternative opinion with personal jabs instead of a respectful topical response.  They are seasoned enough not to cross the line to trigger any moderation action, but they will typically imply the poster is stupid or racist or a troll or someone's alias or some brained washed Fox viewer or some closeted Trump supporter or whatever...  I am not trying to pick on the Trump threads, as that seems to go on in most forums of whatever political affiliation.

But if you really want a better forum with more diverse opinions present here, you would stop supporting the snarky personal jabs and stop the piling on.  

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

If the PSF leaves you with this much resentment, and hostility, perhaps you should take a break from them?

Airing an opinion on what is wrong with this forum is not hostility.  There are times when the thread becomes overly personal and hostile that I do get upset and slash back, but I get over it.  I just don't understand why some posters usually have to go there.  Even here, why respond with this line?   Either agree or disagree with the assessment and back it up.  It is unnecessary to turn the discussion about me.  Do you think someone can enter one of the Trump threads with a post that might be a bit counter to the group think and not have it turn personal?  

4 hours ago, jon_mx said:

The problem is you are oblivious to the problem and really don't understand why 80 percent of FFA don't want to join political discussions and want to keep the subforum separate.  My harping on all the personal attacks stuff isn't to play victim.  Even though you are not a main culprit, piling on with comments like this only serve to make this forum so undesirable to others and is counter-productive to the kind of discussions you claim to desire. 

There are at least a half dozen posters who will meet any entereance into a thread by an alternative opinion with personal jabs instead of a respectful topical response.  They are seasoned enough not to cross the line to trigger any moderation action, but they will typically imply the poster is stupid or racist or a troll or someone's alias or some brained washed Fox viewer or some closeted Trump supporter or whatever...  I am not trying to pick on the Trump threads, as that seems to go on in most forums of whatever political affiliation.

But if you really want a better forum with more diverse opinions present here, you would stop supporting the snarky personal jabs and stop the piling on.  

I don’t support the personal jabs. In fact I believe I started a thread about that. But it’s weak to go around complaining when you’re the victim of them. 

People have written very rude things to me and about me- as bad as you’ve received or worse. I could tell you that you’ve got to have a hard shell to engage in this forum on a regular basis, except you really don’t because it’s an internet discussion forum, and having a hard shell is ludicrous. Think about it for a second: you’re using a made up name on an Internet forum to discuss issues with people you don’t know, and you’re conplaining that they’re mean to you?? And then you report them to the “authorities”? 

Stop whining, do what you can to fix your own behavior, and refrain from using the report button (sorry Joe but tattling remains uncool no matter how much it may help the moderators). Stop worrying about other people with made up nicknames on a discussion board. 

49 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Airing an opinion on what is wrong with this forum is not hostility.  There are times when the thread becomes overly personal and hostile that I do get upset and slash back, but I get over it.  I just don't understand why some posters usually have to go there.  Even here, why respond with this line?   Either agree or disagree with the assessment and back it up.  It is unnecessary to turn the discussion about me.  Do you think someone can enter one of the Trump threads with a post that might be a bit counter to the group think and not have it turn personal?  

Counter to group think is fine. Counter to basic facts and logic is going to get them a hard time. Yet, somehow no matter how many times people repeat it, that keeps getting ignored. Because it's not as good of a picture for your story of victimization.

16 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Exhibit A.

You seem upset. Why even respond to me? You can throw people on ignore, or simply choose not to respond. 

Not every post that upsets you requires a 10 sentence response about how you're being victimized and internet strangers are mean.

That. I don't get it either.

8 hours ago, timschochet said:

I don’t support the personal jabs. In fact I believe I started a thread about that. But it’s weak to go around complaining when you’re the victim of them. 

People have written very rude things to me and about me- as bad as you’ve received or worse. I could tell you that you’ve got to have a hard shell to engage in this forum on a regular basis, except you really don’t because it’s an internet discussion forum, and having a hard shell is ludicrous. Think about it for a second: you’re using a made up name on an Internet forum to discuss issues with people you don’t know, and you’re conplaining that they’re mean to you?? And then you report them to the “authorities”? 

Stop whining, do what you can to fix your own behavior, and refrain from using the report button (sorry Joe but tattling remains uncool no matter how much it may help the moderators). Stop worrying about other people with made up nicknames on a discussion board. 

Why can't there be a political discussion where people are adults?  That is 

8 hours ago, Matthias said:

Counter to group think is fine. Counter to basic facts and logic is going to get them a hard time. Yet, somehow no matter how many times people repeat it, that keeps getting ignored. Because it's not as good of a picture for your story of victimization.

That is just not true.  Any post that runs counter to group think turns into a bombardage of personal attacks.  

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

That is just not true.  Any post that runs counter to group think turns into a bombardage of personal attacks.  

37 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

False

I wouldn't say a bombard of personal attacks. But, opinions counter to group think puts a target on your back. Those opinions will become targets in other threads. 

13 minutes ago, KCitons said:

I wouldn't say a bombard of personal attacks. But, opinions counter to group think puts a target on your back. Those opinions will become targets in other threads. 

When you post the same platitudes over and over and over afternpwople have already posted a linked rebuttal...yes, you will have a target on your back.

And the supposed non-group think here that have complained in this thread are as quick tonsling an insult as anyone. It’s why the victim claims by them are extremely hollow.

33 minutes ago, KCitons said:

9 hours ago, Matthias said:

LOL. WITCH HUNT! NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION! GIULANI IS DOING A GREAT JOB!!!

That's not against group think. That's against reality.

20 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

When you post the same platitudes over and over and over afternpwople have already posted a linked rebuttal...yes, you will have a target on your back.

And the supposed non-group think here that have complained in this thread are as quick tonsling an insult as anyone. It’s why the victim claims by them are extremely hollow.

Still wrong.

I've never called anyone an ignorant jerk because of their opinions. 

3 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Donald Trump eats babies for dinner every night.

Man, anyone who has an opinion contrary to your groupthink paints a target on their back.

He might. Who knows what KFC is serving these days.

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

That's because at the last meeting of Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, and the Koch brothers they discussed how to "disappear' the Jews and homeless people. And talked admiringly of countries without any significant Jewish population. It's a disgusting party that nobody of any decency would involve themselves with.

Or can you not accepting any opinion that runs against your groupthink.

3 minutes ago, KCitons said:

If someone posted that they voted for Trump, it would put a target on their back. 

Why don't you go out and find a few examples. Conservatives are so constantly ridiculed here that you can probably find 10 examples in the last 3 days.

2 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Why don't you go out and find a few examples. Conservatives are so constantly ridiculed here that you can probably find 10 examples in the last 3 days.

No thanks. But, the next time it happens, I'll be sure to include you in the quote. 

BTW, you don't need to be a Conservative to have voted for Trump. 

You realize that many people here criticizing Trump are themselves long-term conservatives and often Republicans. Why cannot you accept that not all conservatives have to buy into the right-wing groupthink that Trump is well-suited for the presidency and been doing just great.