Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dante Pettis WR Giants

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Giants claimed former 49ers' WR Dante Pettis on waivers, per source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1324096052992090113

YES I EFFING CALLED THAT!

EDIT:

Giants claimed WR Dante Pettis off waivers from the 49ers.

Cut by the 49ers on Tuesday, Pettis quickly finds a new home, but his path to snaps remains pretty blocked with Darius Slayton, Sterling Shepard, and Golden Tate ahead of him on the depth chart. Still, Pettis needed a fresh start elsewhere after falling out of favor under coach Kyle Shanahan. The former second-round pick is long on talent and just turned 25 years old.

RENAME THE THREAD @cloppbeast!!!

RENAME THE THREAD.....

Edited by The Frankman

Field Yates @FieldYates · 2h

If Dante Pettis had not been claimed by the Giants, he would have become a Patriot, per source. The Patriots (2-5) and Browns (5-3) also attempted to claim the 2018 second-round pick, with the Giants (1-7) having higher waiver priority.

- Link

Edited by The Frankman

On 11/3/2020 at 3:18 PM, The Frankman said:

And if I'm the Giants I pick him up.

4 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

Hard to get excited about a guy the 49ers cut when they were down to their 2nd and 3rd string of WR already.

was thinking the same as Biabreakable, what's the excitement @The Frankman? I mean, the receivers aren't the problem and in fact with the addition of Slayton and the return of Sheppard they looked pretty good I thought.

1 hour ago, Pigskin Fanatic said:

was thinking the same as Biabreakable, what's the excitement @The Frankman? I mean, the receivers aren't the problem and in fact with the addition of Slayton and the return of Sheppard they looked pretty good I thought.

You can never have enough talented WRs and I've been screaming this guy needs a change of scenery. When he's right he's a route-running technician very much like like Sterling Sheperd but not as athletic. He beats you with footwork and positioning to make up for his limited athleticism, and those guys aren't really Shanahan guys.  He wants big strong physical YAC guys like Samuel and Aiyuk; Pettis is not that. He went hard at Pettis to change him and Pettis didn't respond well, from that point he was done as a Niner IMHO. I've said many times when your coach and staff doesn't like you it's hard to have confidence in yourself, much less succeed. Joe Judge is building a solid culture and the Giants staff is really good; if there's some talent in Pettis having guys around with that believe in him can't hurt to try him out in a lost year. I mean, the fact the Pats wanted him says enough right there.

The Giants coach weighed in, "There’s a lot of guys who have exposure to him from when he came out from college ... He’s got a level of talent, we’d like to see him in the building, give him a chance to get out there and work,” said head coach Joe Judge. “We’re always looking at the waiver [wire] and trying to see if there’s any way we can add someone to our roster we think can help.”

BTW, Golden Tate has an out in his contract after 2020. Giants only really have Sheperd, Slayton, Corey Coleman (practice squad), C.J. Board (hurt), and Austin Mack.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Giants placed WR Dante Pettis on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

OT Matt Peart and TE Kaden Smith join Pettis on the list after the three tested positive this week, joining K Graham Gano from earlier in the week. The Giants are on their bye. If truly positive, it puts Pettis, Smith, and Peart in danger of missing Week 12.

Nov 20, 2020, 11:02 AM ET

• 1 month later...

Dante Pettis caught 2-of-3 targets for 33 yards in the Giants' Week 16 loss to the Ravens. 

Pettis was a part of the team's wide receiver rotation with Golden Tate (calf) sidelined. He caught a 20-yard pass from Daniel Jones as the Giants abandoned the run for nearly three quarters after Baltimore built a multi-score lead. Pettis shouldn't be rostered even if Tate remains out for Week 17 against Dallas. 

- Rotoworld

THE DANTE PETTIS REVOLUTION IS UPON US

HIDE YOUR WOMEN AND CHILDREN FOR IT WAS FORETOLD IN THE ANNALS OF HISTORY A WR SHALL COME FROM OBSCURITY AND RAZE NFL SECONDARIES LIKE A PLAGUE UPON THE LAND. IT WAS WRITTEN THAT THE DESTRUCTION WOULD BE KNOWN AS "THE SIN WARS".

Edited by The Frankman

Bonta Hill @BontaHill

Waiting for Dante Pettis to tell the media after the game "all I needed was an opportunity."

2:32 PM · Jan 3, 202

https://twitter.com/BontaHill/status/1345815236805201920

Edited by The Frankman

• 7 months later...

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1433150391999418372

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton

Giants released C.J. Board - he is not subject to waivers - and waived WR Dante Pettis and LB Trent Harris, who are subject to claims. Had to make room for Collin Johnson, Quincy Roche and Justin Hilliard. Also need a spot for Casey Kreiter. Likely Elerson Smith to IR.

and waived WR Dante Pettis

and waived WR Dante Pettis

OH GOD NOO WHY GOD PLEASE NO!

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Edited by The Frankman
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1