What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dante Pettis WR Giants (1 Viewer)

Have a feeling that we're going to be chasing who the WR du jour is on the 9ers all season.

Pettis looks like a drop, but so did Jimmy G in the first game.

Not defending him as an add/keep, but have a hunch that we're going to see streaky uneven performances from all 9er WRs this year.

Have a feeling that we're going to be chasing who the WR du jour is on the 9ers all season.

Pettis looks like a drop, but so did Jimmy G in the first game.

Not defending him as an add/keep, but have a hunch that we're going to see streaky uneven performances from all 9er WRs this year.
Don't disagree but I think Pettis is on the low end of that gamble

Here's a gutpunch... Dante Pettis played the 2nd most snaps of the San Fran WRs with 49% (Goodwin played 51%) in Week 2. He out snapped Tyshun Samuel, who only played 40%; he didn't start in two-WR sets (Goodwin and Samuel did) but he was literally on the field more than any other young WR.

In two weeks this dude is going to have his "I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!" moment and it's going to be on the FA pool.

Dante Pettis caught 4-of-5 targets for 20 yards and one touchdown in the 49ers' Week 3 win over the Steelers.

Pettis was quiet for most of the game, but he scored the go-ahead touchdown in the 4th quarter. Pettis had to come back to the ball to score in traffic, and he was visibly emotional on the sidelines afterward, as he high-fived just about every player, coach, and staff member wearing 49ers' merch. The second-year player is still off the fantasy radar, but the Niners should look to get Pettis going once they return from their Week 4 bye. He's too talented to be completely forgotten about.

Last edited by a moderator:
This a "WRBC" between Goodwin, Deebo, Pettis, Bourne and James. And just wait until Hurd is back next game lol. 

Shanahan is finding a new way to ruin fantasy football for people. 

The only player you can trust in this entire offense is Kittle. The RB's and WR's are just going to kill each other's ff value. 

This a "WRBC" between Goodwin, Deebo, Pettis, Bourne and James. And just wait until Hurd is back next game lol. 

Shanahan is finding a new way to ruin fantasy football for people. 

The only player you can trust in this entire offense is Kittle. The RB's and WR's are just going to kill each other's ff value. 
And that’s not even true, because Jimmy G is thoroughly mediocre.

I keep staring at him on the wire in 1 re-draft league, but honestly would I start him over Godwin, LFitz, DJ chark, McLaurin, Sutton?

I would cut Goedert (cuff to Ertz) or Burkhead.....

why?  He's  arguably the number 4 wr on the team
Kevin Scott‏ @KevinScottFF

Kevin Scott Retweeted Kevin Scott

We just heard about how Dante Pettis has been struggling with groin and pectoral injuries. Thanks for nothing, Shanahan. Now he is getting praised by QB & coach, coming off a bye, and hands down the best WR on his team. If he's on your wire, get him yesterday.
Ryan Clark ✔ @Realrclark25

Dante Pettis made the play of the game last weekend. It’s not just that he caught the game winner. It was his understanding of coverage and positioning. Had an out into cover 2, but he knew to comeback & meet the ball before flat corner could make the play!
49ers on NBCS ✔ @NBCS49ers

"Now I feel he’s at where he left off last year."

As Dante Pettis has recovered from a previously unannounced pectoral injury, he has caught up to Kyle Shanahan's expectations (via @Wittnessed)https://bit.ly/2mvNjlu

Eff it, got an open roster spot I'm picking him back up. How surprising that a a Shanahan would play games ... with the injury report...

EDIT: Oh Dante... I wish I knew how to quit you...

Going to grab him in a couple. Who do u think has the better week on 49ers, Deebo or Pettis?

Weebs210 said:
Going to grab him in a couple. Who do u think has the better week on 49ers, Deebo or Pettis?
Going to say Deebo, just because he has played more to this point in the season.  but   :tebow:

Weebs210 said:
Hard to say. All of their WR seems to split the snaps and have Kittle to deal with. 

Same usage as 49ers RBs.  All will get snaps.  Each week is volatile as to who scores.  Pettis and Deebo both WR3/flex until one emerges.

Here's a gutpunch... Dante Pettis played the 2nd most snaps of the San Fran WRs with 49% (Goodwin played 51%) in Week 2. He out snapped Tyshun Samuel, who only played 40%; he didn't start in two-WR sets (Goodwin and Samuel did) but he was literally on the field more than any other young WR.

In two weeks this dude is going to have his "I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!" moment and it's going to be on the FA pool.
Pettis, Samuel, Goodwin, Kittle. They all get shots. Pettis was 3rd in WR snaps last week, 33 or 42%.

I may have no choice but to start Pettis this week.

CLE secondary will be missing two key pieces in the secondary again in G. Williams and D. Ward. Game is at home, coming off a bye. CLE front 7 also pretty good so running game could be tough sledding.

Also seems like the pendulum has swung from Pettis being in the doghouse to possibly being the #1 WR or at least 1a.

He hasn't played half the snaps in any game this season yet. Why are you guys so optimistic?
The series of tweets posted above you by shadyridr + bye weeks are always like mini training camps, some coaches use that time to change up their offense and usage of certain players a bit.

If he's sitting on the waiver wire and you have a spot to burn, why not take a chance on him potentially getting back to being used as the top WR in that offense? If he's still stuck in Shanny's new WRBC this week then drop him and avoid all SF players outside of Kittle. 

The series of tweets posted above you by shadyridr + bye weeks are always like mini training camps, some coaches use that time to change up their offense and usage of certain players a bit.

If he's sitting on the waiver wire and you have a spot to burn, why not take a chance on him potentially getting back to being used as the top WR in that offense? If he's still stuck in Shanny's new WRBC this week then drop him and avoid all SF players outside of Kittle. 
Uh, no. Don't have to pick him up. Only play Dynasty and drafted him in both my leagues rookie drafts. Until he starts getting more targets he will be on my benches. Had high expectations for him this season like many others here did.  The guy was a 2nd round pick for a reason. 

Goodwin 140 Snaps 64%

Deebo 130 snaps 60% and has also started all 3 games to my knowledge. 

R.James 87 snaps 40%...who is this exactly?

K.Bourne 62 snaps 28%

D.Pettis 70 snaps 32%

Yeah I'm not understanding the sudden surge for Pettis based on how they are being used. 

Uh, no. Don't have to pick him up. Only play Dynasty and drafted him in both my leagues rookie drafts. Until he starts getting more targets he will be on my benches. Had high expectations for him this season like many others here did.  The guy was a 2nd round pick for a reason. 
Well yea, of course dynasty and redraft are different, I was clearly referring to redraft when I suggested him as a pickup. He should not be available in any common dynasty format. 

I was aggressively trying to trade for him in dynasty this summer, thankfully I was unable to acquire him and now I'm debating on whether or not to offer a 2nd round pick for him because of Shanahan's invention of the WRBC. Deebo Samuel's game has translated into the NFL better than I thought it would and Jalen Hurd will be in the mix next year as well.

Goodwin 140 Snaps 64%

K.Bourne 62 snaps 28%

D.Pettis 70 snaps 32%

Yeah I'm not understanding the sudden surge for Pettis based on how they are being used. 
This is what's frustrating, I can't understand why Pettis wasn't up there with Goodwin/Deebo at 60%+ and instead stuck in the James/Bourne tie. That tweet above about Pettis playing injured and Shanahan praising him is the cause of this minor excitement. 

This is what's frustrating, I can't understand why Pettis wasn't up there with Goodwin/Deebo at 60%+ and instead stuck in the James/Bourne tie. That tweet above about Pettis playing injured and Shanahan praising him is the cause of this minor excitement. 
  If you look at the snap count for games 2/3, Pettis is much more in line with what was expected (he's 2 behind Deebo). His 2 snaps in week 1 skews the numbers. If he really has been playing through injuries and is now out of the dog house, I expect good things from him. If you watched his film from last season his ability to create separation through route running is really special. He had no business catching that last minute TD pass last week, the ball was thrown 5 yards with 2 defenders right in front of him. Pettis cut off his route, redirected himself and split between the defenders to get the TD. Really smart football play, that looked like an int until Pettis made his move.
  As a Pettis believer that was being asked for 1st round picks when inquiring during the preseason, it has been sweet to pick him up in every league as he has been waived. Garroppolo is still working himself back into form, better days are ahead for this whole offense.

He’s worth a pickup to see what happens. Was high on him last year. Maybe injuries have played a role. Now he’s had a couple weeks off.  Seems like we’ll find out soon.

seems that both of Cleveland's starting CB's are out this week, giving the Niners passing attack a big advantage in this game. could be a sneaky good start, alongside Deebo 

Goodwin 140 Snaps 64%

K.Bourne 62 snaps 28%

D.Pettis 70 snaps 32%

I am not saying Pettis is going to break out but the optimism comes from the following things that have come to light recently.

1) His snap count has trended upwards each week.

2) Reports that his snaps may have been limited due to injury, not performance, and now he's had the bye to rest and is reportedly finally healthy.

3) He made a really nice touchdown grab in the last game that Shanahan seemed to really realliy like.  And since Shanahan has said he's back to where he was at the end of last year (he was the clear WR1 then).

Again, I remain skeptical, but those are generally the reasons he's getting a little surge of optimism.  It's not like his value is back where it was in the offseason or anything.

Dante Pettis caught 1-of-3 targets for 11 yards in the 49ers' Week 5 win over the Browns.

Pettis bobbled his lone catch and dropped his third and final target late in the fourth quarter on a perfectly-thrown third-down ball. Jimmy Garoppolo was visibly frustrated with it, as it very well may have been a walk-in touchdown. Pettis isn't going to be a reliable fantasy option unless he starts taking command of the receiver room and playing heavy snaps. That might not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread