What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bramel combined board and Bloom 100 are up (1 Viewer)

Yes, mine is more of a list aggregator to combine offensive and IDP players and I'm still updating it post draft to factor in draft landing spot (scheme and opportunity).  I tweaked LB and DE a bit, but DL, CB and Safety are still up.

Wow, my safeties are very different - I only have 3 guys on my list: Holland, Grant, Deablo.

Tick said:
Wow, my safeties are very different - I only have 3 guys on my list: Holland, Grant, Deablo.
I think Deablo is slated for LB - not safety. I am more open minded to Holland and Grant than I am Moehrig. The problem I have with Holland is I don't think he'll be a full timer barring injury until 2022 and I generally don't stash futures at safety until in-season. My issue with Grant is his versatility. I think his ability to play deep and in the box is a good thing for Atlanta, but not for our game. 

Thinking about this more I'd throw a dart at Holland and Grant if they fell far enough in my deep dyno (53 man roster + 10 man taxi), but I'm still looking elsewhere in my 40-45 man leagues.

I think Deablo is slated for LB - not safety. I am more open minded to Holland and Grant than I am Moehrig. The problem I have with Holland is I don't think he'll be a full timer barring injury until 2022 and I generally don't stash futures at safety until in-season. My issue with Grant is his versatility. I think his ability to play deep and in the box is a good thing for Atlanta, but not for our game. 

Thinking about this more I'd throw a dart at Holland and Grant if they fell far enough in my deep dyno (53 man roster + 10 man taxi), but I'm still looking elsewhere in my 40-45 man leagues.
Good point - probably best to just skip the position anyway given the bargains on the waiver wire. For Deablo, I’m hoping for a S designation and an LB role.

Any word from Jene about a 2022 version of his combined draft board? Many of us rely on this to guide us through our rookie drafts. Thanks in advance Jene!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Bloom's top 100, not Bramel's combined board.  Very nice to have, but Bramel's presentation always clicked with me.

Both @lsutigers and @tripp posted Bramel-style boards in the Rookies thread in this forum. Also DynastySanta on Twitter.
Ahh...I really gotta quit drinking at work....lol! Sorry I thought it said Bloom....

Thoughts?  Thought it was a strong effort and greatly appreciated the work on it.  

Some of the LB and secondary rankings are very different than anything else I’ve seen and I dig that.  Certainly made me research guys like Det LB Rodriguez.

John Norton hates Kyle Hamilton with a passion.  Most have him as a top 5 IDP player and Norton has him outside his top 5 DB's let alone players.

Would have really liked to have seen Jene's personal combined board this year I have always used that especially on the defensive side to figure out my own rankings.  This year's board really was a contradiction against the rest of the world.

Would have really liked to have seen Jene's personal combined board this year I have always used that especially on the defensive side to figure out my own rankings.  This year's board really was a contradiction against the rest of the world.
I averaged all the boards I could find:

Macri, Bloom, Santa, gridironratings, tripp, lsutigers, Davenport, JoeyTheTooth, Haseley, Tietgen, Norton, brotofantasy.  Here's what I got, though it was before MFL reclassified, so I didn't have Travon Walker listed, and I didn't bother with a couple of guys who were LBs (Bonitto comes to mind):

Code:
Player	Pos	Rd	Tm	Avg
Devin Lloyd	LB	1	JAC	1.545454545
Aidan Hutchinson	DE	0	DET	2.090909091
Kyle Hamilton	S	0	CIN	3.727272727
Nakobe Dean	LB	3	PHI	3.909090909
Kayvon Thibodeaux	DE	0	NYG	5.181818182
Quay Walker	LB	1	GBP	5.454545455
George Karlaftis	DE	1	KCC	7.818181818
Jermaine Johnson	DE	1	NYJ	7.818181818
Troy Anderson	LB	2	DEN	9.727272727
Christian Harris	LB	3	HOU	10.18181818
Lewis Cine	S	1	ATL	12.63636364
Channing Tindall	LB	3	MIA	13.09090909
Jaquan Brisker	S	2	CHI	13.81818182
Chad Muma	LB	3	JAC	14.27272727
Arnold Ebiketie	DE	2	ATL	16.90909091
Leo Chenal	LB	3	KCC	17.09090909
David Ojabo	DE	2	BAL	17.90909091
Daxton Hill (FS)	S	1	IND	18.63636364
Jalen Pitre	S	2	HOU	19.45454545
Sam Williams	DE	2	DAL	20
Brian Asamoah	LB	3	MIN	20.18181818
Bryan Cook	S	2	KCC	21.81818182
Drake Jackson	DE	2	SFO	21.90909091
Nick Cross	S	3	IND	22.09090909
Terrel Bernard	LB	3	BUF	23.81818182
Josh Paschal	DE	2	DET	25
Damone Clark	LB	5	DAL	26.27272727
Myjai Sanders	DE	3	ARI	26.63636364
Kerby Joseph	S	3	DET	26.81818182
J.T. Woods	S	3	ATL	27.18181818
Brandon Smith	LB	4	CAR	27.27272727
D'Marco Jackson	LB	5	NOS	28.09090909
Cameron Thomas	DE	3	ARI	29.27272727
Micah McFadden	LB	5	NYG	29.81818182
DeMarvin Leal	DE	3	PIT	30.09090909
DeAngelo Malone	DE	3	ATL	30.63636364
Alex Wright	DE	3	CLE	31.63636364
Taylor-Britt	S	2	CIN	32.81818182

I just went against Norton's rankings and took Kyle Hamilton at pick 20 (2.04) of my 16 team IDP PPR 1.5 TE league, 2 pts per tackle

Highest I have ever taken a DB ever and have been playing full scoring IDP since 2014 and limited IDP since 1997.

John Norton hates Kyle Hamilton with a passion.  Most have him as a top 5 IDP player and Norton has him outside his top 5 DB's let alone players.
Does he hate the player or the potential usage in our game? There's a path to IDP stardom for him, but he's a diverse enough talent that he could be a trap. What if the Ravens decide to primarily use him over the top and in coverage? I'm not betting that'll happen, but it's absolutely in the range of potential outcomes. It's why I traded up for him (mid 3rd) in big play, but bypassed in tackle heavy. His value still carries some volatilty if he's not put in positions to rack up volume, but since turnovers and PD's are more heavily rewarded there is some mitigation.

Dez said:

MAC_32 said:
Does he hate the player or the potential usage in our game? There's a path to IDP stardom for him, but he's a diverse enough talent that he could be a trap. What if the Ravens decide to primarily use him over the top and in coverage? I'm not betting that'll happen, but it's absolutely in the range of potential outcomes. It's why I traded up for him (mid 3rd) in big play, but bypassed in tackle heavy. His value still carries some volatilty if he's not put in positions to rack up volume, but since turnovers and PD's are more heavily rewarded there is some mitigation.

I would take it a step further and say that DB's are like kickers.  Sure there are a few that are likely at the top but by and large there isn't enough difference between 1 and 20 to make them a priority in any way.   I was shocked to see the love for Hamilton and how high people were putting him on their draft boards.  I just don't see a reason to waste draft capital on a DB.  There just isn't enough difference in the top 20.  Also, there are always new guys you can find on waivers that are in that range week to week.  They are just easy to acquire that using a top pick on one really isn't a benefit.  

I would take it a step further and say that DB's are like kickers.  Sure there are a few that are likely at the top but by and large there isn't enough difference between 1 and 20 to make them a priority in any way.   I was shocked to see the love for Hamilton and how high people were putting him on their draft boards.  I just don't see a reason to waste draft capital on a DB.  There just isn't enough difference in the top 20.  Also, there are always new guys you can find on waivers that are in that range week to week.  They are just easy to acquire that using a top pick on one really isn't a benefit.  

I hear ya.  We shall see I expect to get what I paid for and I paid "unicorn" prices so I expect to have got myself a unicorn.

If 48 of them are started in the league, then could see how chasing a top 20 DB might be worth it to some.   

If 48 of them are started in the league, then could see how chasing a top 20 DB might be worth it to some.   
Possibly but it is still isn't a good use of draft capital to go that high.  It doesn't take much drop to be DB36 because they are typically so clustered.   Just like Kickers.  They are all so similar it almost doesn't matter which one you have. .........and every year there are DB's on waivers that are startable (in most leagues).

Possibly but it is still isn't a good use of draft capital to go that high.  It doesn't take much drop to be DB36 because they are typically so clustered.   Just like Kickers.  They are all so similar it almost doesn't matter which one you have. .........and every year there are DB's on waivers that are startable (in most leagues).
Just pointing out a different point of view.  I have been on the discount DB train myself for some time, but am now finding with the decline on the number of usable LBs in today's NFL that I need to start pivoting somewhere else to make up the difference.  As much as getting top DL talent is nice, they simply don't score on par with LBs or DBs in tackle heavy.  So need to consider my talent at DB more.  Leagues with a 4th starter flex, I'll have to use DB instead of LB this year for most of them.  With this years draft, I'd much rather spend pick 20-25 for Hamilton then spend a top 10 on Lloyd.  Too much offensive talent at the top of the draft for me to chase the 3 down unicorn that most likely is a fairy tale.       

Of course just talking top level since that's what was brought up.  I'm fully on board waiting for deeper options like Brisker, Pitre, Cook.  I just don't think the higher selection of Hamilton should be surprising with the state of things, especially in leagues that start 9+ IDP, 3+ DBs and LBs. 

Just pointing out a different point of view.  I have been on the discount DB train myself for some time, but am now finding with the decline on the number of usable LBs in today's NFL that I need to start pivoting somewhere else to make up the difference.  As much as getting top DL talent is nice, they simply don't score on par with LBs or DBs in tackle heavy.  So need to consider my talent at DB more.  Leagues with a 4th starter flex, I'll have to use DB instead of LB this year for most of them.  With this years draft, I'd much rather spend pick 20-25 for Hamilton then spend a top 10 on Lloyd.  Too much offensive talent at the top of the draft for me to chase the 3 down unicorn that most likely is a fairy tale.       

Of course just talking top level since that's what was brought up.  I'm fully on board waiting for deeper options like Brisker, Pitre, Cook.  I just don't think the higher selection of Hamilton should be surprising with the state of things, especially in leagues that start 9+ IDP, 3+ DBs and LBs. 
:goodposting:

This is another reason I justified Hamilton in the mid 3rd. He's almost certainly starting for me as a S because I devoted very few resources to building that core (intentionally), but my current flexes are LB's and DE's aged 30+. If I'm able to MacGuyver a S group then I have some flexibility if father time catches up to my current flexes. In this deep of a league I don't think it'd be a good idea to go into the season expecting the sticky tack and glue approach to work, but rather hope it'll work and even if it doesn't I should still have capable starters.

Here's my 2023 version: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwgzC1aaIaxiXbL_LDSK8b1yVzQo3Fbogm8RuEzMP3w/edit?usp=sharing

Like prior years, mine is more of a list aggregator to combine offensive and IDP players and I'm still actively updating pre and post draft to factor in draft landing spot (scheme and opportunity).

Any comments or feedback is always appreciated!
Drew Sanders and Charbonnet are a lot lower than most people would rank them. What are your thoughts on them?

Here's my 2023 version: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwgzC1aaIaxiXbL_LDSK8b1yVzQo3Fbogm8RuEzMP3w/edit?usp=sharing

Like prior years, mine is more of a list aggregator to combine offensive and IDP players and I'm still actively updating pre and post draft to factor in draft landing spot (scheme and opportunity).

Any comments or feedback is always appreciated!
Bump WR J Reed up. He has everything you'd want from a flyer WR pick. Big value if he gets any meaningful draft capital.

My pre-draft tiers:
Tier 1:
  • Jaxon Smith-Njigba
  • Quentin Johnston
  • Jordan Addison
  • Bijan Robinson
Tier 2:
  • Josh Downs
  • Zay Flowers
  • Jahmyr Gibbs
  • Zach Charbonnet
  • Devon Achane
  • Zach Evans
  • Tank Bigsby
  • Michael Mayer
  • Dalton Kincaid
  • Will Anderson
  • Tyree Wilson
  • Myles Murphy
Tier 3:
  • C.J. Stroud
  • Bryce Young
  • Anthony Richardson
  • Will Levis
Tier 4:
  • Jalin Hyatt
  • Tyler Scott
  • Rashee Rice
  • Nathaniel Dell
  • Cedric Tillman
  • Kayshon Boutte
  • Marvin Mims
  • A.T. Perry
  • Jayden Reed
  • Parker Washington
  • Darnell Washington
  • Luke Musgrave
  • Sam LaPorta
  • Lukas Van Ness
  • Nolan Smith
Tier 5:
  • B.J. Ojulari
  • Will McDonald
  • Felix Anudike-Uzomah
  • Keion White
  • Isaiah Foskey
  • Adetomiwa Adebawore
  • Derick Hall
  • Drew Sanders
  • Trenton Simpson
  • Jack Campbell
  • Tyjae Spears
  • Sean Tucker
  • Kenny McIntosh
  • Kendre Miller
  • DeWayne McBride
  • Chase Brown
  • Roschon Johnson
  • Eric Gray
  • Izzy Abanikanda
  • Xavier Hutchinson
  • Michael Wilson
  • Zach Harrison
  • Andre Carter
  • Byron Young (TN)
  • Tucker Kraft
  • Luke Schoonmaker
  • Deuce Vaughn
  • Mohamed Ibrahim
Tier 6:
  • K.J. Henry
  • Brian Branch
  • Keaton Mitchell
  • Evan Hull
  • Hunter Luepke
  • Chris Rodriguez
  • Camerun Peoples
  • Hendon Hooker
  • Daiyan Henley
  • Noah Sewell
  • Henry To'oto'o
  • DeMarvion Overshown
  • Antonio Johnson

My home league mock draft. 15 team SF, TE premium. PPR. Lots of flex.Start 11 on each side. 5 pts per TD
one thing about Ticks rankings. With New MFL designationS of lots of guys moving to DE, really makes LBs more valuable. Our league is 2.5 per tackle for DL, 2 for rest and still 18 of top 20 last year was LB.

1. A - CJ Stroud
2. B - Bijan Robinson
3. C - Bryce Young
4. D - Anthony Richardson
5. D - JSN
6. E - Will Levis
7. F - Dalton Kincaid
8. G - Jaymer Gibbs
9. H - Quentin Johnson
10. G - Zach Charbonnet
11. D - Michael Mayer
12. H - Jordan Addison
13. I - Zay Flowers
14 D - Jalen Hyatt
15. J - Hendon Hooker

16. I - Darrell Washington
17. J - Rashee Rice
18. K - Luke Musgrave
19. E - Zach Evans
20. E. Sam LaPorta
21. E - Tank Bigsby
22. K - Kayshon Boutte
23. I - Will Anderson
24. L - Josh Downs
25. F - Cedric Tillman
26. I - Devon Archane
27. M - Tyler Scott
28. F - Tucker Kraft
29. E - Drew Sanders
30. K - Jack Campbell

31. I - Trenton Simpson
32. H - Daiyan Henley
33. I - Tyree Wilson
34. I - Chase Brown
35. N - Jake Moody (PK have value in this league with 35 = 4 pt 45 = 5 and starting 11 O, Flex option in 11 spot)
36. K - Will Mallory
37. D - MyLes Murphy
38. G - Luke Van Ness
39. H - Noah Sewell
40. G - Demarvion Overshown
41. E - Tyjae Spears
42. D - Owen Pappoe
43. G - Chad Ryland PK
44. F - Kendre Miller
45. E - Nolan Smith

46. I - Xavier Hutchinson
47. I - Zach Kuntz
48. C - AT Perry
49. D - Luke Schoonmaker
50. O - Marvin Mims
51. E - Brian Branch
52. F - Jalen Carter
53. H - Henry Tootoo
54. I - Nick Herbig
55. D - Keion White
56. I - Felix Uzomoah
57. D - Jaren Hall
58. G - Isaac Forsey
59. I - Sean Tucker
60. J - Jayden Reed
61. I - Trey Palmer
62.E - Antonio Johnson
63. C - Bryce Ford-Wheaton
64. I - Michael Wilson
65. F - Kenny McIntosch
66. E - Roshon Johnson
67. D - Parker Washington
68. I - Ivan Pace
69. F - Eric Gray
70. L - Davis Allen
71. I - Sydney Brown
72. D - BJ Ojulari
73. G - Charlie Jones
74. p- Nathaniel Dell
75. J - Calijeh Kancey

Tick, I Just looked at last years numbers and feel all the same for every year

top 25. 23 LV, 1 DE, 1 S
top 64 44 LB, 4 DE, 1 DT, 15 S, 2 CB

supply though is like 80 LBs now. May not push up on points but does in value with guys like Parsons, Watts going to DE.

Pts per game
Top 25 - 22 LB, 2 S, 1 DL
Top 64 - 40 LB, 18 S, 4 DE, 2 CB

my League is start 3-4-4, 4-3-4, 3-3-5, 3-2-6, 4-2-5 as options. We just do DL, LB, DB

i want by numbers 3-4-4 first and 3-2-6 next

How many of each out there that have fantasy relevance
96 DL
70 LB
120 DB

but want to start 4 LB for sure. Of course each league is different. But this draft is super deep on DL and not as much on LB. Thus pushing the value of LB up.

top 25. 23 LV, 1 DE, 1 S

supply though is like 80 LBs now. May not push up on points but does in value with guys like Parsons, Watts going to DE.

Pts per game
What is the scoring system that led to these distributions?

top 25. 23 LV, 1 DE, 1 S

Pts per game

my League is start 3-4-4, 4-3-4, 3-3-5, 3-2-6, 4-2-5 as options. We just do DL, LB, DB

i want by numbers 3-4-4 first and 3-2-6 next

How many of each out there that have fantasy relevance
96 DL
70 LB
120 DB

but want to start 4 LB for sure. Of course each league is different. But this draft is super deep on DL and not as much on LB. Thus pushing the value of LB up.
Yeah, part of that is the baseline you pick, which depends a lot on number of starters at each position in the league. That and scoring system makes a big difference. I did it for 3 scoring systems, but I'm not sure I saved a prior revision of the sheet :-(. The result was strongest for the 16-team IDP123 scoring league where we start 2/2/2+2, so up to 4 LBs per team.

Edge is so deep this year. It was last year as well. The IDP fishin' hole has been stocked with a bunch of young new dudes.

Our rosters run fairly deep, so I am not carrying any dead weight at DE. I can always pick up a try-hard guy if I need one. I want to have as many of these upside guys as possible. It's very unusual that there are this many edge guys that pass most of the physical requirements. There are guys going to go in the 3rd/4th round who will still be special athletes. If I could fill up my taxi squad with DE, I might do it.

When you DON'T have DE in IDP, it feels like you will never get a decent one again.

top 25. 23 LV, 1 DE, 1 S

Pts per game
What is the scoring system that led to these distributions?
2.5 per tackle for DL, 2 for everyone else

RULES FOR DT, DE, LB, CB, S
EVENTRANGE (LOW-HIGH)POINTSTEST?
Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent)
0-10​
3 points eachTest
Opponent Fumble Recovery Yards
0-999​
1 point for every 30Test
Forced Fumbles
0-10​
2 points eachTest
Interceptions Caught
0-10​
4 points eachTest
Interception Return Yards
0-999​
1 point for every 30Test
Passes Defended
0-99​
1 point eachTest
Assists
0-99​
1 point eachTest
Sacked a QB
0-25​
4 points eachTest
Tackles for a Loss
0-25​
.5 points eachTest
Safeties
0-10​
4 points eachTest
Defensive Conversion Returns
0-10​
2 points eachTest
Number of Defensive & Special Teams TDs
0-10​
6 points eachTes

Edge is so deep this year. It was last year as well. The IDP fishin' hole has been stocked with a bunch of young new dudes.

Our rosters run fairly deep, so I am not carrying any dead weight at DE. I can always pick up a try-hard guy if I need one. I want to have as many of these upside guys as possible. It's very unusual that there are this many edge guys that pass most of the physical requirements. There are guys going to go in the 3rd/4th round who will still be special athletes. If I could fill up my taxi squad with DE, I might do it.

When you DON'T have DE in IDP, it feels like you will never get a decent one again.
And I believe that has really changed and much easier to find a DE these days over LB. And why I have the LBs ahead of DL in my draft rankings. Even with Anderson going top 5 in draft and Sanders, Simpson, Campbell going late 1st/Early 2nd, I will invest in the LB first. We have 160 DL rostered and 113 LB. Not ,any teams have DL issues. But LB runs rampant. And I sit with 8 DL and 12 LBs today and will still draft any of those 3 LBs over Anderson and where I disagree with Ticks excellent ratings effort. But luckily I won’t have to worry as most will look at draft capital over fantasy numbers. So Anderson will go first. Hopefully Wilson is not far behind and my 30th pick will give me choice. And with my home league you can start 4 DEs if you want. Damn. After doing this exercise if I have 5 nice S as can start 5 S at DB, I would start a 3-3-5 over any 4 DL alignment

So pretty tackle heave where it is 2 to 1 Sack to tackle ration. It would make sense in this scoring that LB's still litter the leaderboard. I play in mostly big play scoring and DE will dominate the top of the leaderboards Tackle heavey 3 down LB's will be the prize to covet as there won't be many of them. Those are the value plays while hoping most of the other leaguemates will go back to the mindset that DE are sparce and go after those first. Another reason to know your scoring to see if you can mine some value.

So pretty tackle heave where it is 2 to 1 Sack to tackle ration. It would make sense in this scoring that LB's still litter the leaderboard. I play in mostly big play scoring and DE will dominate the top of the leaderboards Tackle heavey 3 down LB's will be the prize to covet as there won't be many of them. Those are the value plays while hoping most of the other leaguemates will go back to the mindset that DE are sparce and go after those first. Another reason to know your scoring to see if you can mine some value.
I just found a big play league from last year. 5 pts per sack to 1 per tackle

top 80 found 39 LB 17 DE(5 where LB a year ago), 8 DT, 13 S, 2 CB
LB was 20 of top 30, 28 of top 50.

now LB really falls off here with only 12 of next 70 but DE is 14 more(5 more LB from last year) DT is 5, S is 21, CB is 18

To me if starting whatever, I want max LB. You can do okay with studs elsewhere and min LB but that is studs. But I rather max stud LB if possible.

This with the depth of DL in this draft, the value of LB that is good in big play and increases two fold in tackle heavy, I still grab LB first and wait on DL till later.

My league is 3 pts sack, 3 pts QB Hit, 2 Pts TFL so essentially 8 pts for a sack and then you also get the 1 pt for a tackle. We also hav ea premium for DT scoring so they are very high scoring as well. The top 10 scorers (defensively) were all DT/DE for us. But then 7 of the next 10 were LB's. 8 of the top 10 were DL's for overall (including offense).

My league is 3 pts sack, 3 pts QB Hit, 2 Pts TFL so essentially 8 pts for a sack and then you also get the 1 pt for a tackle. We also hav ea premium for DT scoring so they are very high scoring as well. The top 10 scorers (defensively) were all DT/DE for us. But then 7 of the next 10 were LB's. 8 of the top 10 were DL's for overall (including offense).
That is big scoring To the DL. System matters and skews most owners rankings. My only league is home one that I do and it is O heavy still with starting 11 guys.
I guess that DL might go top 3 in your draft. But why I mocked my ratings since my league only one that matters. Try not to put in stupidity in my mock which does happen every year

Users who are viewing this thread