What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fortnite - The Game (1 Viewer)

Very little tutorial.  Keyboard and mouse will work.  You could also buy a Xbox or PS4 style controller and plug it into USB.  Whatever you're more used to.  

Does the game provide a good tutorial?
Only tutorial you'll get is Google. The game intentionally doesn't tell you squat.

Been playing for about a month myself. Just ticked up to lvl45 and the game has gotten decidedly harder for me for some reason. Prior to I was doing ok, 2-3 kills per session, learning to build some. Now I can barely survive even when I land on the outskirts.

Everybody against me = one shot, one kill

Me against everybody = 20 shots, no kill

I've managed a few squad wins and come in 2nd or 3rd. Like Worm, I'm typically a meat shield on the squads but one of our victories, I actually carried the weight for a change. Then I flipped to 45 and it all went to hell.

I play on an ipad and see they put in voice chat (which would be super cool in duos and squads) but have no clue how it works on an ipad.

RN30 if you need a sherpa for stuff.

My son has been trying to get me to play, so I finally played a round the other day. Got a kill on my first attempt, which seemed to impress my son :lol:  I promptly died shortly thereafter. Pretty fun, though, even though I didn't know exactly what I was doing yet. Will probably give it another go. 

My 17  and 18 year old play - they are pretty good and seem to win fairly often. I am terrible. I don't play enough to be fast at the controls. I don't play a lot because I don't need another addiction

My 8 year old son is better than me. He tries to tell what to do but I still get hammered. I'm sure I look like I'm scared of bullets to the other people playing. I can't ever kill anyone. They start building walls around themselves out of thin air. Bull####

Can anyone tell me the cheapest PC that can credibly run Fortnite?
I built mine 6 years ago for about $700 and only had to upgrade my video card to play it.  My vid card was 1 generation too old (5xx NVIDIA and I think minimum is 6xx series).  An SSD would probably help load in faster, but you still have to wait for the bus, so not a huge loss.  I've been playing for a month and i'm trash at it according to my nephew, although it seems I am always reviving him.

I can get down to about the last 10 or so by sneaking around and hiding like an absolute coward.

I finished in 2nd one time after finding an airplane and flying in circles forever.  Courageous 
You guys are funny, we should play sometime. RN30 in game, send me a friend request if you want.

I play on mobile, an iPad Pro to be exact. Don't build, don't have a lot of wins but most always finish top 10-15. Just have to play more to learn how to defend and what to expect. Also except the fact that 9 times out of 10 you aren't beating a computer player and probably 6 times out of 10 you aren't beating a console player if you are on mobile. If you're playing computer or console, well then you just suck :D

beer 30 said:
You guys are funny, we should play sometime. RN30 in game, send me a friend request if you want.

I play on mobile, an iPad Pro to be exact. Don't build, don't have a lot of wins but most always finish top 10-15. Just have to play more to learn how to defend and what to expect. Also except the fact that 9 times out of 10 you aren't beating a computer player and probably 6 times out of 10 you aren't beating a console player if you are on mobile. If you're playing computer or console, well then you just suck :D
We've moved onto APEX now. At least if I have good teammates, I have a shot. 

I'm so terrible at these types of games. Bullets come flying from all directions. Never miss a shot on me. I'm dead before I even figure out where the shots are coming from. 

I'm so terrible at these types of games. Bullets come flying from all directions. Never miss a shot on me. I'm dead before I even figure out where the shots are coming from. 
yep.  and the way some of these people/kids build is insane.  These kids can build a massive 20 story structure in the time it takes me to throw up a wall or 2.

yep.  and the way some of these people/kids build is insane.  These kids can build a massive 20 story structure in the time it takes me to throw up a wall or 2.
I don't understand how I get shot before I know what's happening. Then I finally catch someone from behind, unload a clip in the back of their head, then they turn around and drop me with one shot. Wtf

I don't understand how I get shot before I know what's happening. Then I finally catch someone from behind, unload a clip in the back of their head, then they turn around and drop me with one shot. Wtf
😂Same.  i'll stalk a guy for an "easy" kill from behind...then end up dead a split second later when they turn and one shot me.

Finally getting a little better at Apex. So many guns and attachments. Figured out that a shotgun is my best bet right now. Most of the guns have too much recoil and I can't control them. There's a training mode where you can practice shooting with each gun, too. 

Finally getting a little better at Apex. So many guns and attachments. Figured out that a shotgun is my best bet right now. Most of the guns have too much recoil and I can't control them. There's a training mode where you can practice shooting with each gun, too. 
I havent played a fps game since counterstrike.. never touched fortnite, pubg, battlegrounds, whatever else.

I somehow found myself playing apex and love it.

Aside from a few hackers here and there, I really enjoy it.  Caustic = ☠️

Last edited by a moderator:
My new move is to sneak in near supply drops, and then shoot the people that come and try to grab stuff.
So it was YOU! :rant:

Third partying is tested & true method for those of us who can't play for #### :thumbup: I took out a squad today trying to complete one of the challenges. Watched them fight it out with another squad, waiting until they were low on health, sniped one, gunned down the other when he came to help. Proceeded to get sniped as I turned around to see the remaining 3 people in the match all pointing guns at me :D

I usually play squads, and I just figured out that the guys on my team have the little arrow. :bag:
Won a few games lately, mostly because I happened to get lucky and get really good teammates that both got over 10 kills each time. Not even sure how that's possible. In my last 2 wins, my teammates quit reviving after dying twice, which was a smart move on their part. I'm good at being a target to distract the other team, though. 

I played with this dude in APEX tonight that was just destroying everyone. I couldn't even keep up with him. He was going so fast that by the time I could catch up, he would already have an entire squad killed.  I never saw anything but death boxes. Won the game and I handed out zero damage. 

Won a few games lately, mostly because I happened to get lucky and get really good teammates that both got over 10 kills each time. Not even sure how that's possible. In my last 2 wins, my teammates quit reviving after dying twice, which was a smart move on their part. I'm good at being a target to distract the other team, though. 
I play solo's or rumble almost exclusively. Only friends I have are randoms I've played with a few a times but rarely even use the voice feature because it's almost all kids and I just can't talk to them. Voice chat definitely makes it better.

Logged in this morning and the game was unplayable. not sure if it was Fortnite or my innernets but game kept freezing. When I'd get control back I'd be dead and respawning.

Howdy! Long time no post in the FFA. Finally redid my password. The wife and I have been big Fortnite players since STW came out and been on the BR since the first season. We have probably 300 duo wins together and dropped a twenty bomb last week for our best ever combined game. I maybe have 100 solo wins with a PB of 16 but I don’t play solos much. We play a ton of squads with varying levels of skilled players and have 800ish wins but depending on team makeup we may win 30% or 1%.

The skill gap is huge in the game now and I have always been solid at realistically knowing what squads have an advantage instantly. This leads me to play quite aggressively as I usually have to take the offensive stance and bop the other squads lead player to have a good chance. 

I’m open for questions if anyone has any. 

Howdy! Long time no post in the FFA. Finally redid my password. The wife and I have been big Fortnite players since STW came out and been on the BR since the first season. We have probably 300 duo wins together and dropped a twenty bomb last week for our best ever combined game. I maybe have 100 solo wins with a PB of 16 but I don’t play solos much. We play a ton of squads with varying levels of skilled players and have 800ish wins but depending on team makeup we may win 30% or 1%.

The skill gap is huge in the game now and I have always been solid at realistically knowing what squads have an advantage instantly. This leads me to play quite aggressively as I usually have to take the offensive stance and bop the other squads lead player to have a good chance. 

I’m open for questions if anyone has any. 
Wait adults are good at Fortnite.

Good Posting Judge said:
Wait adults are good at Fortnite.
Yep we are out there. To me it another good third person shooter in a battle royale setting. I love the dances, skins, emotes and all that as well. The wife loves them more than I do as she “gets to express herself”.

Being honest here, in a different life I could have possibly been a Fortnite/Gears of War low tier pro if I didn’t have to work and/or want to stay married since the wife enjoys playing the games coop. I would have to ditch my crew and focus on training like any other high level sport, which isn’t happening since gaming is how I stay in touch with lots of people.

Yep we are out there. To me it another good third person shooter in a battle royale setting. I love the dances, skins, emotes and all that as well. The wife loves them more than I do as she “gets to express herself”.

Being honest here, in a different life I could have possibly been a Fortnite/Gears of War low tier pro if I didn’t have to work and/or want to stay married since the wife enjoys playing the games coop. I would have to ditch my crew and focus on training like any other high level sport, which isn’t happening since gaming is how I stay in touch with lots of people.
1) What are the non-gun items that you find the most useful, e.g. Storm Flip, Air Strike, Shields, etc. etc.

2) I'm on a wireless PS4 connection, and it does feel like I'm a step slow when it's 1v1 at close range. Would a wired connection help, or are my inferior old person reflexes to blame here.

I'm still getting destroyed at Apex, but getting a few wins here and there when I get great teammates. 
Loving Apex.. i play alone though so I've taken to caustic.  If i get a couple chumps paired with me ill just set up shop in the nearest building.  Good fun.

Loving Apex.. i play alone though so I've taken to caustic.  If i get a couple chumps paired with me ill just set up shop in the nearest building.  Good fun.
Yeah, I don't really know anyone else who plays, so I get paired randomly with people. I don't mind getting destroyed anymore. The new board is fun. 

That kid can stream on twitch now and easily pull more viewers and sponsors than ninja. He’s set for life if he plays it right

I heard the average was 16, and that 24 yo said something like "my eye and hand motor skills aren't as good as the younger guys So I  have to outsmart them."

Insane that in your 20's your past your prime.
playing fortnite is when i figured that out. the younger players are very quick to build a 50 story monument while im chillin in my 1 story flat

1) What are the non-gun items that you find the most useful, e.g. Storm Flip, Air Strike, Shields, etc. etc.

2) I'm on a wireless PS4 connection, and it does feel like I'm a step slow when it's 1v1 at close range. Would a wired connection help, or are my inferior old person reflexes to blame here.
Shield and mobility items are always good. Airstrikes re junk, storm flip has its situations but not worth carrying. I usually go AR/SG/SMG/Two Heals or Mobil/Heals. I rock the sniper quite a bit for our group and also am main splode guy so often I'll drop it down to Ar/SG with the utility weapons involved. 

The wifi and I have played fortnite on gigabit internet in the past. We are now out in the country on a mifi jetpack hotspoting our connection at 20/20 down/up. We do just fine 99.9% of the time except for occasional spike that is obvious.

The whipper snappers are the issue, they are just to quick. Also you probably have your sensitivity super slow compared to most PC players. I play console and always have to decide if I want the reflexes to whip around in a 360 globe and blind fire people, or feature much better aim on distance shoots. I can't have both on console, unless you claw, but PC you can. 

The 1v1s are completely practice and high twitch blind firing or pop shotting. Quick builds and edits are strictly practice with builder pro setting on console, nothing changed on PC. Up the sensitivity for building on console if you on it, it helps a ton.  

The game has changed in the past 3-6 months, skill level is ever climbing.

Users who are viewing this thread