Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

18 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

:thumbup:

Did you change any settings?

I changed the response curve to from "steady aim" to "classic.". Helped a lot with my aim. Still not great with automatic weapons but I can hit most of my shots with an EV-8 or peacekeeper, especially with a double-tap.  Also hitting more sniper shots.  Automatic weapons are still almost impossible for me to hit consistently. 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish you guys would let your younger kids play more so this old man can get easier kills.  These teenagers are destroying me.

Anyone want to squad-up?                    (I have no idea what this even means - just hear my kids say it)

Fortnite needs senior leagues.

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

I changed the response curve to from "steady aim" to "classic.". Helped a lot with my aim. Still not great with automatic weapons but I can hit most of my shots with an EV-8 or peacekeeper, especially with a double-tap.  Also hitting more sniper shots.  Automatic weapons are still almost impossible for me to hit consistently. 

Uh, not sure what that is, but maybe I should try it.  I think the only thing I have tried is the sensitivity/speed that you look around normally and down scope.  

If I am thinking right, auto weapons are worse because they have a kick pattern and you have to adjust for that - ie I think the R45 goes up as you fire automatically, so you have to slightly push down to adjust for that and keep it steady - especially with no barrel stabilizer.  

Edited by KarmaPolice
6 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Uh, not sure what that is, but maybe I should try it.  I think the only thing I have tried is the sensitivity/speed that you look around normally and down scope.  

If I am thinking right, auto weapons are worse because they have a kick pattern and you have to adjust for that - ie I think the R45 goes up as you fire automatically, so you have to slightly push down to adjust for that and keep it steady - especially with no barrel stabilizer.  

Yeah, there's the option to change sensitivity to looking around and through scope. Then, there's the option on response curve settings a couple spaces below that.  

Trying to keep control of the automatic weapons while aiming at a still target is hard enough for me. It's damn near impossible when trying to shoot at someone who's moving around and shooting back at me at the same time.  I'm sticking with shotguns and snipers.  I'll let my teammates handle the automatic weapons. 

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

Yeah, there's the option to change sensitivity to looking around and through scope. Then, there's the option on response curve settings a couple spaces below that.  

Trying to keep control of the automatic weapons while aiming at a still target is hard enough for me. It's damn near impossible when trying to shoot at someone who's moving around and shooting back at me at the same time.  I'm sticking with shotguns and snipers.  I'll let my teammates handle the automatic weapons. 

I hear ya - I prefer getting the guns that have the option to set it to single fire mode - I think the 301 and Hemlock?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

I hear ya - I prefer getting the guns that have the option to set it to single fire mode - I think the 301 and Hemlock?

301 is about the only I can control on auto, but there don't seem to be as many of them around anymore. I used to like the spitfire but it's turned into garage. 

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

Played about 1 hour tonight.  Set sensitivity to 2, and played with response curve.  Didn't get more than a few kills, but seemed to do slightly more damage consistently.  

My sensitivity stays on 2 as well. Can't flip around as fast but I'm more worried about hitting my shots. A few kills is all I'll ever get anyway. 

On 12/28/2019 at 2:55 PM, KarmaPolice said:

I realize I am old and stuff, but I still don't get the mentality of people swearing and telling somebody to never play the game again 'cuz they ####in' suck to somebody that they have 0 clue how old they are or who they are.  It's for sure made me have several talks with my son about playing Apex and Fortnite online.  

I ran into this for the first time on Fortnite a few weeks ago. I play mostly solo because I have no friends but occasionally I'll go into squads for grins. Random squads is typically a ####show but this time I had a competent partner, the random dude that went off on his own and then this one guy that perched in one of the high tension wire towers on the map. He landed there and didn't move. We all had our mics on but nobody was talking until the end. Me & the dude on the ground are moving out of the storm and engaged with another squad. Dude in tower was sniping with some success but not like he was dropping dimes across the map. Anyhow dude in tower jumps when storm passes, gets knocked and starts screaming at me & other dude to come get him. Dropping F bombs, swearing us up as useless POS, the whole time screaming get me, get me, you f'n losers come and get me. We all died in the storm and then the ### goes on a rant about what trash we are, blah, blah, blah. Never had that happen before in 10 seasons of playing. Was really shocked by it but internet tough guys I guess :shrug:

On 12/28/2019 at 3:01 PM, flapgreen said:

New generation. My son is nothing like that. I told him he's never allowed to talk to or unmute teammates who aren't friends of his. 

Smart move. Aside from above I've never had a bad experience in random squads as most are young kids but you do get the occasional who just discovered the F word and likes to incorporate it into everything they say.

New Fortnite is a nice change. They are calling it Chapter 2, new map, new gameplay, less mobility, easier win opportunities, much easier to grind & get all the 'stuff' a battle pass offers. I like it but if you are a pro or competitive player it's a heckuva lot different game than it was the prior 9 seasons.

43 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

I ran into this for the first time on Fortnite a few weeks ago. I play mostly solo because I have no friends but occasionally I'll go into squads for grins. Random squads is typically a ####show but this time I had a competent partner, the random dude that went off on his own and then this one guy that perched in one of the high tension wire towers on the map. He landed there and didn't move. We all had our mics on but nobody was talking until the end. Me & the dude on the ground are moving out of the storm and engaged with another squad. Dude in tower was sniping with some success but not like he was dropping dimes across the map. Anyhow dude in tower jumps when storm passes, gets knocked and starts screaming at me & other dude to come get him. Dropping F bombs, swearing us up as useless POS, the whole time screaming get me, get me, you f'n losers come and get me. We all died in the storm and then the ### goes on a rant about what trash we are, blah, blah, blah. Never had that happen before in 10 seasons of playing. Was really shocked by it but internet tough guys I guess :shrug:

Smart move. Aside from above I've never had a bad experience in random squads as most are young kids but you do get the occasional who just discovered the F word and likes to incorporate it into everything they say.

New Fortnite is a nice change. They are calling it Chapter 2, new map, new gameplay, less mobility, easier win opportunities, much easier to grind & get all the 'stuff' a battle pass offers. I like it but if you are a pro or competitive player it's a heckuva lot different game than it was the prior 9 seasons.

I worry about #### like this, and I have talked to my son about it (he's 13).  One of the proudest I've been of him was over the summer - I was in the living room watching him play and all of a sudden he just says something like "oh, whatever", and backs out of the game to the lobby.  He said somebody started swearing like the above so he stopped playing and reported them (i didn't know that was an option), and calmly started another game with new people.    So glad Apex has a mute option.  

• Like 1

I just popped into read stuff even though I don’t play Fortnite, but yeah kids and swearing / racism is the worst in video games. I’m playing the new modern warfare and it’s just insane what people will say when there’s zero accountability and a level of anonymity.  Yesterday the other team was filled with black dudes and just outta nowhere and unprovoked a guy on my team starts screaming the N word and telling them to hang from a tree. Then of course that leads to the equal and opposite reaction and I just muted everyone. It’s crazy and happens in almost every game. I can’t tell if it’s trolling, hatred, or somewhere in between. 

My 9 year old finally broke me.  After a solid year or two of begging we let him download it.  It was mostly mom not wanting him on it.  

Anyways, he did a Battle Royale last night, he won the damn thing...he about lost him mind.   He struggled going to bed he was so excited.  

He's played before, but not much.  #1 is pretty impressive right?  

50 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

My 9 year old finally broke me.  After a solid year or two of begging we let him download it.  It was mostly mom not wanting him on it.  

Anyways, he did a Battle Royale last night, he won the damn thing...he about lost him mind.   He struggled going to bed he was so excited.  

He's played before, but not much.  #1 is pretty impressive right?  

yea thats awesome. unfortunately if that was his first game it was all bots

but still a great feeling dont tell him he just beat some bots down. it will start getting harder the more bots he kills per match theyll start adding real players

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Big League Chew said:

yea thats awesome. unfortunately if that was his first game it was all bots

but still a great feeling dont tell him he just beat some bots down. it will start getting harder the more bots he kills per match theyll start adding real players

ahhh.  I figured it was something like that.  

• 1 month later...

2nd victory royale in a row. Landed east, got zone, ran through the Grotto and three other players inside it, including one who I hid in the vault for and C4'ed when he came in. I try to land on the blue towers, one of which will have three chests, go down through the exhaust duct, hit the small opening that has a chest, then go down to the bottom and start working my way towards Brutus. The advantage of going down thru the duct is that you can take out the defense system right away (opening on the right at the bottom) and have an easier time not getting zapped.

I'm good at medium range, and I think I'm good at zone rotation, managing resources, and getting deep into games. Where I lack is fighting up close when I don't have the jump on someone, I'm embarrassingly bad at close range. The mythic minigun really bailed my ### out 1v1.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Am I the only one who doesn't get the hype around Valorant? It's getting 10x more viewers on Twitch than Fortnite, but I can't see it having much staying power. Maybe I'm dumb/wrong.

it reminds me of counter stike 1.6

with some abilities mixed in there.. i gotta try this out

• Like 1

I've gotten into this game recently after buying a One for me and my daughter to play Minecraft with her cousin, uncle and grandpa, and I'm fairly hooked. I've played and won a few squads matches, and in solo, I'm usually in the top 20. I've tried some arena solo matches, no kills there yet, so it's a work in progress.

38 minutes ago, Big League Chew said:

Son on the switch and im on the xbox. We tried to join each others solo - didn't work

We both played our separate solo game and won. 

raised this boy right 😅

I’ve watched my kids do this. If I remember right you have to have the same server picked and obviously ready up at the same time.   Seemed about 50/50 that it would work.  You can get banned for teaming in solo but not sure how that works exactly.  

1 minute ago, mozzy84 said:

I’ve watched my kids do this. If I remember right you have to have the same server picked and obviously ready up at the same time.   Seemed about 50/50 that it would work.  You can get banned for teaming in solo but not sure how that works exactly.  

Yeah definitely banned for teaming. I think he just wanted to see if it could be done. Then I’d own him and make him do some chores

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hit me up as SteamMIA on Fortnite. Been playing a lot more lately but just recently on my own profile. Been using my son's until a week or so ago. I need more friends so I don't have to play with a bunch of rando 12-year olds (although they are much better than I am). 

• Thanks 1

I'm terrible, but have been playing a ton lately .. The only thing I have to play on is a docked Nintendo Switch with a wireless controller..

I'm money with an AR, but can't build for ####..  I get a few solo wins because I hide and shoot from cover.. mainly bushes and corn fields at Frenzy Farm.. lol

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, playin4beer said:

I'm terrible, but have been playing a ton lately .. The only thing I have to play on is a docked Nintendo Switch with a wireless controller..

I'm money with an AR, but can't build for ####..  I get a few solo wins because I hide and shoot from cover.. mainly bushes and corn fields at Frenzy Farm.. lol

im okay at building - pretty good at hitting people with most weapons

im on xbox. whats your server and username

6 hours ago, Big League Chew said:

im okay at building - pretty good at hitting people with most weapons

im on xbox. whats your server and username

Server is set to "auto".. 

User name Honeybadger Whip

For the life of me, I just do NOT get this game.....at all, especially for adults. I like video games, including shooters and battle royales, but this just seems like nonsense.

My brother (26 years old) plays and actually coaches it as a side hustle. Yes, parents pay him a fairly significant amount of money to coach their kids because apparently kids that are bad at the game are basically shunned by their friends.  He was actually contracted to run a live Fortnite camp this summer before COVID happened. He streams on twitch as well and occasionally I'll log on and watch just to bust his balls in chat.

It just seems like there is absolutely ZERO action in the mid-game. If he drops hot, he'll have to battle 4 or 5 guys. Assuming he lives, its then 15 minutes of just running around swinging his hammer (knocking down trees and boats and whatever else)  until he gets to the final 10 or so. Then the building chaos starts (he builds ABSURDLY fast) and basically the last one to run out of materials usually survives.

So yeah, I just do not get it. Obviously its one of the biggest games ever and people of all ages play it, but I just don't see the appeal.

9 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

For the life of me, I just do NOT get this game.....at all, especially for adults. I like video games, including shooters and battle royales, but this just seems like nonsense.

My brother (26 years old) plays and actually coaches it as a side hustle. Yes, parents pay him a fairly significant amount of money to coach their kids because apparently kids that are bad at the game are basically shunned by their friends.  He was actually contracted to run a live Fortnite camp this summer before COVID happened. He streams on twitch as well and occasionally I'll log on and watch just to bust his balls in chat.

It just seems like there is absolutely ZERO action in the mid-game. If he drops hot, he'll have to battle 4 or 5 guys. Assuming he lives, its then 15 minutes of just running around swinging his hammer (knocking down trees and boats and whatever else)  until he gets to the final 10 or so. Then the building chaos starts (he builds ABSURDLY fast) and basically the last one to run out of materials usually survives.

So yeah, I just do not get it. Obviously its one of the biggest games ever and people of all ages play it, but I just don't see the appeal.

For me, the building aspect (which I am only slightly getting better at) is what sets it apart from other BR/FPS games. It introduces a lot of creativity and variability that makes other games, IMO, seem just flat in comparison. Valorant and COD Warzone are supposed to be the hot new games, and watching other people play them, even if they're good, is like watching paint dry to me.

I also find the strategy behind the initial drop -- both when I'm playing terribly and when it's being played by people who are actually good -- to be pretty fascinating. But I do get what you're saying, not a lot happens early on (or middle on) in high-level games, and then the games usually end in pure chaos. I would push back some against the idea that most materials = wins near the end as well, there are ways to counter someone who just cranks way up above you.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jobber said:

I still enjoy Fortnite, but there has been a pretty big drop off in the number of players. Games contain a LOT of bots now. 

I am amazed at some of the skill I see in the public games. Why not grind Arena and play other good people instead of preying on dopey little kids and ####ty olds like myself.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

I'm not sure I'll play much once this quarantine is all over... for me, it's more of a way to connect to my buddies and have some "normal" in my life..

I like playing squads while drinking beer and bs'ing with my 3 closest friends.. It's usually talk about stuff going on, sprinkled in with, "squad coming over the hill behind you" type stuff..

22 hours ago, playin4beer said:

Ah so you're THAT guy! I think I've killed you a few times :P

15 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

Accurate. Mobility has gotten better with the 'copters, launch pads & to a lesser degree inflatable bouncers but I still spend a fair amount of time running. I almost never land hot, always on the fringe then follow the storm to wherever the game takes me. Would love some kind of land vehicle to use but it's better than it was when Chapter 2 started.

I play a couple games a night, get the daily challenges done, sometimes rack a win or get owned. Usually knock out the weekly challenges pretty quickly which keep me interested. I play solo's almost exclusively because I have no friends that play. Random squads are rare that you actually get a crew worth a ####. Most are 12 year olds that drop Salty Springs and get wasted in the first 30 seconds. I don't build, at all. I play on an iPad and while I can build some, no way I can compete with console or computer so I just don't bother. I either wreck the opponents build or get killed by someone with a little bit of skill. At level 149 after this mornings victory :thumbup: