What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fortnite - The Game (1 Viewer)

For me, the building aspect (which I am only slightly getting better at) is what sets it apart from other BR/FPS games. It introduces a lot of creativity and variability that makes other games, IMO, seem just flat in comparison. Valorant and COD Warzone are supposed to be the hot new games, and watching other people play them, even if they're good, is like watching paint dry to me.

I also find the strategy behind the initial drop -- both when I'm playing terribly and when it's being played by people who are actually good -- to be pretty fascinating. But I do get what you're saying, not a lot happens early on (or middle on) in high-level games, and then the games usually end in pure chaos. I would push back some against the idea that most materials = wins near the end as well, there are ways to counter someone who just cranks way up above you.
agreed, plus if you're down to final 5 you have hopefully had at least a few kills and should have plenty of mats to use regardless.

Saw you were on last night but were in a party so I did some solos and dropped off early.
I saw you popped in on mine briefly last night too.. I was in a squad with 2 friends and a buddy's 6 year old kid.. the worst part is the 6 year old is better than I am :bag:  

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a given, I've just learned to deal with it.
Yeah, for the most part, I have too.. I've moved on to trying to help him with strategy when we play duos or squads.

Like most kids, he has zero patience.. I'm dead 99% of the time before he is when we play.. so then I "coach" him.. He'll be in a prime spot inside the circle and the remaining players have to come to him and he still wants to rush them.  I'll tell him, "Buddy, just wait.. they have to come to you".   One game, I'm dead and watching him.. he takes out the last 5 people to win our "Duo"..  The last guy is running around below him and he says, "I'm so nervous I'm shaking!".. lol.. kid is a trip..  

Yeah, for the most part, I have too.. I've moved on to trying to help him with strategy when we play duos or squads.

Like most kids, he has zero patience.. I'm dead 99% of the time before he is when we play.. so then I "coach" him.. He'll be in a prime spot inside the circle and the remaining players have to come to him and he still wants to rush them.  I'll tell him, "Buddy, just wait.. they have to come to you".   One game, I'm dead and watching him.. he takes out the last 5 people to win our "Duo"..  The last guy is running around below him and he says, "I'm so nervous I'm shaking!".. lol.. kid is a trip..  
Ha! that's awesome! I've had a couple of those moments when a younger will do something fr the first time or accomplish something they've been trying to do for a while. They are the best but I just don't interact much anymore. I'm trying to think if I've even played a squad game this season? Don't think I have. I have an alt account I use for challenges when you need to play duo's so I pretty much totally avoid the masses.

I found a very active group on Discord called Fortnite over Forty. It's a great place to matchup with other, ahem, mature Fortnite players. I have only been involved for a few weeks but it's great to hop on Fortnite and know I can find a game without having to deal with some of the cringy teammates that you get matched up if playing squads or duos. There hasn't been a time when I had to wait more than a few minutes to find a match with other FOF after posting in Looking-for-Game sub in their Discord channel. 

I had not used Discord before but it was easy to sign up and figure it out quickly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a very active group on Discord called Fortnite over Forty. It's a great place to matchup with other, ahem, mature Fortnite players. I have only been involved for a few weeks but it's great to hop on Fortnite and know I can find a game without having to deal with some of the cringy teammates that you get matched up if playing squads or duos. There hasn't been a time when I had to wait more than a few minutes to find a match with other FOF after posting in Looking-for-Game sub in their Discord channel. 

I had not used Discord before but it was easy to sign up and figure it out quickly. 
LOL I gotta check this out.

Bummer, miss this game. Played 3 years straight, damn near every day. Quit cold turkey when Epic & Apple decided to #### all the IOS players.

I play on switch. Players are worse there so I can compete. I do pretty well at solos there. I even have a solo-duo win!

Play duos or squads with my sons. When I do, I can barely get any kills because they get them all. I was pretty proud when my son and I were in a final 2v2 and my son got knocked. I got the last kills for the win.

But my boys constantly make fun of me when they watch me play. And I'll admit it triggers me.

I play on switch. Players are worse there so I can compete. I do pretty well at solos there. I even have a solo-duo win!

Play duos or squads with my sons. When I do, I can barely get any kills because they get them all. I was pretty proud when my son and I were in a final 2v2 and my son got knocked. I got the last kills for the win.

But my boys constantly make fun of me when they watch me play. And I'll admit it triggers me.
The range in skill for those in Fortnite over Forty is all across the spectrum. Usually the Squads that I play with are pretty mixed. Some studs on there that can build the #### out of things and then there are people like me that can aim and get a handful of kills during the match but can't do anything if there are builders at endgame. Sometimes I liken myself to a mobile supply drop, LOL. 

Also see a lot of different system types, it's just not limited to console or desktop/laptop by any means. 

The range in skill for those in Fortnite over Forty is all across the spectrum. Usually the Squads that I play with are pretty mixed. Some studs on there that can build the #### out of things and then there are people like me that can aim and get a handful of kills during the match but can't do anything if there are builders at endgame. Sometimes I liken myself to a mobile supply drop, LOL. 

Also see a lot of different system types, it's just not limited to console or desktop/laptop by any means. 
Yeah, I barely build. Sometimes I just run away from someone who looks like they really know how to build.

If I'm down to just me and a few others in the end and I feel like I have plenty of time, I'll slowly build myself a fort.

Fortnite is offering 2 months of Disney+ if you spend any REAL money with them between now and 12/31. That may be a reason to purchase a few V-Bucks and check out yet another streaming option...

My 6th grader has turned into a gamer this year. She plays Minecraft, Roblox, and more recently Fortnite with her friends all the time. I watched her play a game  on my PS4 the other day and her skill level was evident from all the gaming she's been doing. I guess with no activities due to Covid this is what we are left to brag about our kids with.

Hi I'm new here.  Not a gamer but addicted to this game.  Love playing it with the kids.  My 10 year daughter is the only one of us that has a solo victory :bag:  
Probably about 4-5 nights a week me and three of my buddies squad up and play.. We drink beer, socialize and get killed by 6 year olds that know how to build like crazy..

If you want to feel decent about yourself, play on Nintendo Switch. Players are much worse there than other platforms. It seems to be a little more challenging recently, though. My son and I got a solo win with each of controlling half the controller. We’ve done that about 5 times. One time we were the first to die, but the other four times were top 5 finishes with one win. 

Probably about 4-5 nights a week me and three of my buddies squad up and play.. We drink beer, socialize and get killed by 6 year olds that know how to build like crazy..
Oh man, for sure. Sometimes I’m playing and feel like I should cuss out a stupid squadmate on the mic (which, I do NOT) because I just know they’re probably some little kid.

Have they changed SBMM or Cross-Play at all? Just wondering, we love the game, and miss it. but hated these changes as we have varying skill levels, that all get pulled into high end PC matches if we play together.

There's no way to link my Epic account to a different PSN account? This is beyond dumb. My son plays Fortnite, not me. I linked it to my PSN account 6 months ago. Now we got a PS5. He can't play his PS4 on my account at the same time I play the PS5 on my account so don't know what to do.

There's no way to link my Epic account to a different PSN account? This is beyond dumb. My son plays Fortnite, not me. I linked it to my PSN account 6 months ago. Now we got a PS5. He can't play his PS4 on my account at the same time I play the PS5 on my account so don't know what to do.
You have to email them. This happened with my son and we had his account linked to my Xbox name. He didn’t want to lose the thousands of dollars in skins so I had to contact them and they walked me through it. Took a little back and forth, but it worked. 
He doesn’t even play it anymore. 

You have to email them. This happened with my son and we had his account linked to my Xbox name. He didn’t want to lose the thousands of dollars in skins so I had to contact them and they walked me through it. Took a little back and forth, but it worked. 
He doesn’t even play it anymore. 
I ####### wish.

Bought him a ps5 and all he does is play this gosh darn game.

Anyway I did email them and they said if I unlink my account I lose all purchases 

I ####### wish.

Bought him a ps5 and all he does is play this gosh darn game.

Anyway I did email them and they said if I unlink my account I lose all purchases 
Seems like if they can do it for one person, they should be able to do it for all. Maybe try again. Hope it works out. 

Seems like if they can do it for one person, they should be able to do it for all. Maybe try again. Hope it works out. 
They said...

I would like to let you know that if you unlink your old PSN account, you will lose access to the data on your Epic account using the old PSN account.

May I ask if you still want to link a new PSN account to your Epic account?

I am looking forward to your response.

They said...

I would like to let you know that if you unlink your old PSN account, you will lose access to the data on your Epic account using the old PSN account.

May I ask if you still want to link a new PSN account to your Epic account?

I am looking forward to your response.
I just looked and have the entire email thread from last year. PM me with your email if you want me to forward it to you. 

I just looked and have the entire email thread from last year. PM me with your email if you want me to forward it to you. 
Hold off for now. They assured me they can do it. So I unlinked my account then went to re-link it on my phone but it automatically relinked to the parent account. So I emailed them again and unlinked again. I think I had to do it through the PS5. Part of me hopes I #### this up and losehundreds of dollars worth of stuff so my son never plays again. jk "kind of"

Users who are viewing this thread