What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dating is a joke (1 Viewer)

PIK95 said:
It's just a reflection on society as a whole imo.
And our society is a reflection of our continually eroding systems of values.  Being self-absorbed is the biggest thing that has grown by leaps and bounds in the past 30 years.  It isn't the kids' fault, it is the parents who raised them and allowed for technology and fear of what ifs to replace the social development of their precious babies.  Dating is all of those self-absorbed, isolated, sheltered kids now trying to interact with the opposite sex simply to fulfill their own desires.  Hard to be in a serious relationship when you've barely even had a casual one.

And our society is a reflection of our continually eroding systems of values.  Being self-absorbed is the biggest thing that has grown by leaps and bounds in the past 30 years.  It isn't the kids' fault, it is the parents who raised them and allowed for technology and fear of what ifs to replace the social development of their precious babies.  Dating is all of those self-absorbed, isolated, sheltered kids now trying to interact with the opposite sex simply to fulfill their own desires.  Hard to be in a serious relationship when you've barely even had a casual one.
So true, but boob pics 

Check out the blog I started to chronicle some of the LOLs.

https://datingstinksnow.blogspot.com/

I met a couple new dopes in real life over the weekend & would have been better off staying home
You are as bad or worse than the women you are trashing on this "blog".

Look in the mirror, kid.  Time to start treating women with respect, even if they don't act like they deserve it.

And our society is a reflection of our continually eroding systems of values.  
what systems of values you are referring to that are eroding?

I say that dating has always been a ####show for people once they are out of college and getting a little older on the spectrum

I say that dating has always been a ####show for people once they are out of college and getting a little older on the spectrum
It has definitely gotten worse in the last few years. The sense of entitlement that most people have now is off the charts.

Treating people with respect and general decency.  Not thinking of yourself as better than others.  These traits are continually decreasing in the US as time goes on.

Actually what these "values" are is simply character traits that used to be taught.  When these values are not properly taught, people end up defaulting to the immature stances that they are born with and viola, you got some d-bag making fun of girls on dating sites with his own "blog" and posting about it on an internet forum.

Treating people with respect and general decency.  Not thinking of yourself as better than others.  These traits are continually decreasing in the US as time goes on.

Actually what these "values" are is simply character traits that used to be taught.  When these values are not properly taught, people end up defaulting to the immature stances that they are born with and viola, you got some d-bag making fun of girls on dating sites with his own "blog" and posting about it on an internet forum.
but here's the thing, we have never treated people with respect and general decency.  people have always thought they were better than others.  Can you give me an era you're referring to?  are you talking the 80s-90s or going back to the 50s-60s?  even further?

of course, we treated SOME people with respect and decency, but others weren't treated that way and it was just acceptable

but here's the thing, we have never treated people with respect and general decency.  people have always thought they were better than others.  Can you give me an era you're referring to?  are you talking the 80s-90s or going back to the 50s-60s?  even further?

of course, we treated SOME people with respect and decency, but others weren't treated that way and it was just acceptable
Of course there are instances of this in every era.  These are very generalized statements of non-quantifiable traits.  I am guessing as to the how/why things have changed, but times, they are a changin'.  

Maybe it is all just a bunch of anecdotes and I'm way off base.  That's just how our society seems to me.  I try not to be "get off my lawn/the good ole days" guy, but I can't fathom me or any of my friends treating women the way even Magic Man has in this thread in the 90's, much less the even worse exchanges you read/hear about.  Seems like the numbers do bear out that people in their late teens and twenties are finding a stable, serious relationship more difficult to attain than in prior generations.  There is something going on, and I'm really just guessing as to why from my personal observations. 

Of course there are instances of this in every era.  These are very generalized statements of non-quantifiable traits.  I am guessing as to the how/why things have changed, but times, they are a changin'.  

Maybe it is all just a bunch of anecdotes and I'm way off base.  That's just how our society seems to me.  I try not to be "get off my lawn/the good ole days" guy, but I can't fathom me or any of my friends treating women the way even Magic Man has in this thread in the 90's, much less the even worse exchanges you read/hear about.  Seems like the numbers do bear out that people in their late teens and twenties are finding a stable, serious relationship more difficult to attain than in prior generations.  There is something going on, and I'm really just guessing as to why from my personal observations. 
oh I think this has always been happening to women since they starting standing up for themselves a little and got out of the kitchen and 'barefoot and pregnant' mindset.  the thing is nowadays that these things are broadcast around the world on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or blogs.  same things for treatment of other groups.  It wasn't respectful and decent back then and it isn't now, only now we have to read about it on a daily basis

oh I think this has always been happening to women since they starting standing up for themselves a little and got out of the kitchen and 'barefoot and pregnant' mindset.  the thing is nowadays that these things are broadcast around the world on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or blogs.  same things for treatment of other groups.  It wasn't respectful and decent back then and it isn't now, only now we have to read about it on a daily basis
You my be right.  I know the general rapeyness has been exposed and may even be on the decline.  Maybe it is mainly the result of people being able to hide behind usernames and post anonymously that has led to more exposure of something that has always been there.

What then do you think is the problem with people being able to find a decent, serious relationship?

umm, you don't come off looking very good here............and that might be an understatement.
A) You first need to have a sense of humor

B) You must know what sarcasm is

C) If you think the highlighted profiles and gems, you should definitely get your head checked.

D) This is the internet, you're all tough perfect examples of men, right?

E) LOL

Oof.

Your blog is funny because you regularly comment that it's obvious why these women are single, yet here I am thinking the same thing about you. 

They probably have no idea that you are doing them a favor by not being interested.

Buddy, you really need to work on your self-awareness before you should even consider dating.

C) If you think the highlighted profiles and gems, you should definitely get your head checked.

E) LOL
You don't have to be a "tough perfect example" of a man to not go out of our way to call women "dumb c***s", "idiots" and berate them for trying to date with children.

What exactly are you getting out of doing that other than trying to make yourself feel superior (you're not)?

You don't have to be a "tough perfect example" of a man to not go out of our way to call women "dumb c***s", "idiots" and berate them for trying to date with children.

What exactly are you getting out of doing that other than trying to make yourself feel superior (you're not)?
Is that actually what you got from those? If so, LOL. I don't understand how that is what you took from it. Talk about couldn't be more wrong & obviously fail @ reading comprehension.

You're just superior to me, though, right? Come on, hypocrite.

E) LOL
A - my sense of humor is great, just less ****-ish

B - I am fully aware of sarcasm, yet your blog doesn't seem to contain any

C - I assume you mean "are gems".  Not saying that.  People that are down or struggling don't need to be mocked for it, especially women putting themselves out there.

D - I've failed in life several times over, some of which has been documented in this forum.  But I have been happily married for 18 years to a beautiful, amazing woman who loves me and I love her.  We treat each other with a great deal of respect and grace.  Maybe it is your understanding of what is a man that is the problem.

E - I don't really think you are as funny as you think you are.

Is that actually what you got from those? If so, LOL. I don't understand how that is what you took from it. Talk about couldn't be more wrong & obviously fail @ reading comprehension.

You're just superior to me, though, right? Come on, hypocrite.
So you aren't going to answer my question then?

I'll ask again.

What exactly are you getting out of going out of your way to berate these women, other than trying to make yourself feel superior?

C - I assume you mean "are gems".  Not saying that.  People that are down or struggling don't need to be mocked for it, especially women putting themselves out there.

D - I've failed in life several times over, some of which has been documented in this forum.  But I have been happily married for 18 years to a beautiful, amazing woman who loves me and I love her.  We treat each other with a great deal of respect and grace.  Maybe it is your understanding of what is a man that is the problem.

This.  All of this.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that OP must not have had a father who taught him humility and how to treat or speak to women (whether they deserve respect or not).  And if he did, I'm sure he would be ashamed of you and your "blog".

It's not a mystery to anyone (except maybe you) why you are single.

Last edited by a moderator:
What then do you think is the problem with people being able to find a decent, serious relationship?
:shrug: I don't know about how big of a problem this is as I've been in a decent, serious relationship for almost 17 years. 

I will surmise that because women can hold jobs now and have a career, that they no longer NEED a man and they are getting a little pickier.  this makes some men turn into guys like Magic Man, entitled men who now act like all women are stuck up #####es because they refuse to go out with them or have sex with them.  These men get themselves more worked up, making them even less attractive to the women who keep shooting them down.  its a never ending cycle until the man eventually looks inward to see why he is not attracting decent women.  in short, attractive women with a good head on their shoulders are no longer putting up with crap from men because they don't have to anymore. 

another point is that with internet dating, the pool of men that women have to choose from has widened greatly from the past, where it was mainly limited by geography.  another reason that a lesser man, who in the past might have been able to land a decent woman, finds himself on the outside looking in.

from the women side of things, they are just crazy.  but they've always been crazy so not much has changed over the years there

Look, truth hurts. This day and age, we need less of the snowflake mentality & more of the facts. People need a kick in the ### to get it together.

& some didn't think Michael Jordan was good at basketball.

Its funny - I have been divorced for a few years and am now dating in my early 40's - and I definitely have some stories from doing so that I wouldn't have believed were possible. My friends enjoy my play by play.

But most of my dating experience has been the realization we are all trying to figure out what it is we want and need and all that good jazz and finding the elusive fit is hard. Ive been on a lot of dates. Some have been horrible. But that's no one's fault.

And I say this with humility - Magic Man - every single one of your crappy dates has had one thing in common. You were on it. And I don't say that to mock you, I say the same about myself. Ultimately we do what we can do and let the cards flop as they will.

Its funny - I have been divorced for a few years and am now dating in my early 40's - and I definitely have some stories from doing so that I wouldn't have believed were possible. My friends enjoy my play by play.

But most of my dating experience has been the realization we are all trying to figure out what it is we want and need and all that good jazz and finding the elusive fit is hard. Ive been on a lot of dates. Some have been horrible. But that's no one's fault.

And I say this with humility - Magic Man - every single one of your crappy dates has had one thing in common. You were on it. And I don't say that to mock you, I say the same about myself. Ultimately we do what we can do and let the cards flop as they will.
The fit is elusive because too many have unrealistic expectations. Also, a big problem today is too many folks would rather just roll out & start over vs work on the relationship they're in. Why? Because the easy road.

Lots of them I'd rather not have been on LOL. I have no problem getting dates, getting laid, whatever. I simply choose to highlight the entertaining portions here. I'm sorry that lots of FBG folks don't seem to have the ability to look at things unbiased.

Users who are viewing this thread