What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

what was your high school graduation song? (1 Viewer)

pretty sure we didn't have one.

though through the fog of years, i seem to remember  "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" being played 100x during our Sr. trip to Disneyland. 

:shudder:

Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin

The vote was really close between it and something else that I don't recall. The vote was swayed by a tearful pitch from a likable student who was not very bright and feared picking this song would be his only real legacy to our class.  He ended up not graduating.  

WTF is a high school graduation song? 
Some schools let the graduating class choose a song to either be played during the ceremony or sung or have a kid play/sing it.

Our class tried to choose the theme from “Cheers” but the admins nixed it...because it was about a bar.  This was a catholic school that held 3-4 booze fest fundraisers on campus per year.

They stuck us with some horrible song called “Friends”.  I have no idea who originally did it or what the lyrics were.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Freshman by the Verve Pipe came out my freshman year, The Graduation Song by Vitamin C came out my senior year.

"You've Got a Friend" Pretty randomly picked the JT version--they were both out at the same time. We had to pick something that could be performed by the choir or we might have gone with something electric. 

Yeah ours was basically the same thing- we just called it the senior song. It got played at prom. 
The more I think about it, I think we had shirts for the all night party with Boyz II Men’s “End of the Road”. 

That must have been it. 

It was supppsed to be Today by Smashing Pumpkins. But then the administration found out it was about suicide, so they pulled the plug. And mandated Time of Your Life by Green Day. Not knowing it was actually titled Good Riddance. Which we photoshopped on a giant banner that dropped a few seconds into the first stanza. 

Class of 1992.  Prudish student council shot down "Date Rape" by Sublime so we snuck in "No Direction" by Bad Religion. Probably the most appropriate graduation song ever.  But I can assure you it wasn't received that way.

I'm an old fart, The Long and Winding Road by the Beatles. I'm not usually sentimental or emotional but that song always takes me back to graduation night and the feeling that next next phase in life was staring me in the face.

There was also a class motto- getting high and feeling fine, we are the class of 79

Class of '91 - Miles Away by Winger  :X :X :X :X :X

This was the compromise song as the first vote was Life's Been Good by Joe Walsh but that got nixed because of this line "I go to parties, sometimes until four
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door"  f'n teetotalers..

"Always" by Atlantic Starr

I'm pretty sure I have never thought of the song since then until this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread