What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (3 Viewers)

And that for sure makes it more interesting.  I guess when I read "utter badass" my mind goes more to my description of mowing through everyone Taken style.  We just didn't quite get that from this character.  
No, he's definitely not that, GB.  They are elite fighters, but they are not invincible by any means.  I'm trying to think what he compares to in movies or TV but can't think off the top of my head.  I want to say like a Jackie Chan character without the silliness.  I mean, that dude is a badass in his movies, but he's also getting his butt kicked for half the movie.  

No, he's definitely not that, GB.  They are elite fighters, but they are not invincible by any means.  I'm trying to think what he compares to in movies or TV but can't think off the top of my head.  I want to say like a Jackie Chan character without the silliness.  I mean, that dude is a badass in his movies, but he's also getting his butt kicked for half the movie.  
John Wick?

And that for sure makes it more interesting.  I guess when I read "utter badass" my mind goes more to my description of mowing through everyone Taken style.  We just didn't quite get that from this character.  
oh he's a badass, with his armor and gadgets and mostly his quick mind.   Its just a grittier version than your standard star wars/superhero movie star.  

its a great show, so glad they made it

Very fair point, I just took the term wrong, and like I said- it's more interesting with a vulnerable hero.   

Need to get these last couple episodes in before cutting Disney+. 

Very fair point, I just took the term wrong, and like I said- it's more interesting with a vulnerable hero.   

Need to get these last couple episodes in before cutting Disney+. 
I may be way off base as I don't have the EU knowledge that others do but I'd liken the Mandalorian to the Unsullied, maybe even dothraki. Skillfully trained and certainly feared, but not necessarily unbeatable. 

Worm said:
Just binge watched this over the last two days.

Storm trooper convo in the last episode was the best moment of the season hands down.
The director of the episode was the guy who did Thor Ragnorak, which was a really good and funny superhero movie.

strykerpks said:
I may be way off base as I don't have the EU knowledge that others do but I'd liken the Mandalorian to the Unsullied, maybe even dothraki. Skillfully trained and certainly feared, but not necessarily unbeatable. 
They are the Star Wars Spartans to me. 

Am I the only one who disliked the look of the darksaber CGI? And before anyone jumps down my throat, yes I enjoyed the season... this is a minor nitpick.

Am I the only one who disliked the look of the darksaber CGI? And before anyone jumps down my throat, yes I enjoyed the season... this is a minor nitpick.
My first question is did you know what it was before this?  And that's not meant to be snarky.  I'm just wondering if you are familiar with the darksaber and don't like it.  

I'll have to go back and rewatch.  I was just so excited to see it, I didn't pay too much attention to it.  But I thought it looked good.  The key to the DS was that it almost looked like it had black cracks vibrating through it, for lack of a better description.  

Enjoyed the series a lot.  For some reason I thought this season would be 10 episodes, so it was kind of sad the 8th one (which totally felt like a finale) was the final one.  I will miss that droid.

Only beef this season was the Bill Burr episode; the characters felt like 1-dimensional mercenary bad guys and the writing was bad.  I love Bill Burr but that was a really dumb episode.  Other than that, A+ work, will cancel & renew Disney+ for Mandalorian season2 after we finish up with the first 11 seasons or so of The Simpsons.  

Last edited by a moderator:
My first question is did you know what it was before this?  And that's not meant to be snarky.  I'm just wondering if you are familiar with the darksaber and don't like it.  

I'll have to go back and rewatch.  I was just so excited to see it, I didn't pay too much attention to it.  But I thought it looked good.  The key to the DS was that it almost looked like it had black cracks vibrating through it, for lack of a better description.  
I had seen it a number of times in artwork and comic book shots but admittedly didn't know the story behind it. I just thought it looked incredibly fake and it was distracting enough to throw me out of suspension of disbelief for a moment.

I would have preferred that they tone it down from previous depictions and give it a more  "real-world" look, instead of an in-your-face jarring CGI effect. Although to be fair, maybe they did that purposely so fans would not have to speculate. Either way, like I said it's just a minor nitpick. I still enjoyed the show overall.

Enjoyed the series a lot.  For some reason I thought this season would be 10 episodes, so it was kind of sad the 8th one (which totally felt like a finale) was the final one.  I will miss that droid.

Only beef this season was the Bill Burr episode; the characters felt like 1-dimensional mercenary bad guys and the writing was bad.  I love Bill Burr but that was a really dumb episode.  Other than that, A+ work, will cancel & renew Disney+ for Mandalorian season2 after we finish up with the first 11 seasons or so of The Simpsons.  
I thought that was probably the best episode of the season, and the X-wings at the end were the icing on the cake.

Lol I liked that episode alot.  It was in the top 3 of 8 for me

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-child-sideshow-collectibles-400369

$350 -Life size baby Yoda - Pre-Order

ABOUT THIS LIFE-SIZE FIGURE

“I would like to see the baby.” 

Sideshow presents The Child Life-Size Figure, created in partnership with Legacy Effects to bring you the galaxy’s most sought-after bounty. 

Lovingly referred to by audiences as ‘Baby Yoda’, the mysterious alien known as The Child has quickly become the breakout fan-favorite of Star Wars™: The Mandalorian on Disney+. Now eager collectors can become a clan of two and bring home the asset as an incredible 1:1 scale Star Wars collectible, no tracking fob needed.

The Child Life-Size Figure measures 16.5” tall, standing on a simple black podium base that lets this adorable alien steal all of the focus- along with the Mandalorian’s ship parts. Inspired by its unique onscreen appearance, this mixed media statue features a tan fabric coat swaddling The Child as it gazes up with charming wide eyes, hiding the silver shift knob from the Razor Crest™ in its right hand. 

Every inch of this incredibly lifelike figure has been meticulously detailed to recreate everything that Star Wars fans love about the young alien, from the fuzz on its wrinkled head to its irresistible pout, all the way down to its tiny, toddling feet. Fans looking to bring home The Mandalorian collectibles need look no further- bounty hunting is a complicated profession but collecting the galaxy’s cutest alien has never been easier!

Secure the asset for your Star Wars figures collection and bring home The Child Life-Size Figure today.

Remember how we were comparing the special effects between The Mandalorian and GOT? And debating which was better?

TIL that they SPX for both are done by the same company. JEM FX. :lol:

Sorry gents. 

Replied to a buddy on these forums to "not feed into the trolling and help keep the fbg political board open" when the powers were threatening to shutdown that forum... and I was given the entire football season off for that posting.

Updated the Mando title.

LAUNCH said:
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-child-sideshow-collectibles-400369

$350 -Life size baby Yoda - Pre-Order

ABOUT THIS LIFE-SIZE FIGURE

“I would like to see the baby.” 

Sideshow presents The Child Life-Size Figure, created in partnership with Legacy Effects to bring you the galaxy’s most sought-after bounty. 

Lovingly referred to by audiences as ‘Baby Yoda’, the mysterious alien known as The Child has quickly become the breakout fan-favorite of Star Wars™: The Mandalorian on Disney+. Now eager collectors can become a clan of two and bring home the asset as an incredible 1:1 scale Star Wars collectible, no tracking fob needed.

The Child Life-Size Figure measures 16.5” tall, standing on a simple black podium base that lets this adorable alien steal all of the focus- along with the Mandalorian’s ship parts. Inspired by its unique onscreen appearance, this mixed media statue features a tan fabric coat swaddling The Child as it gazes up with charming wide eyes, hiding the silver shift knob from the Razor Crest™ in its right hand. 

Every inch of this incredibly lifelike figure has been meticulously detailed to recreate everything that Star Wars fans love about the young alien, from the fuzz on its wrinkled head to its irresistible pout, all the way down to its tiny, toddling feet. Fans looking to bring home The Mandalorian collectibles need look no further- bounty hunting is a complicated profession but collecting the galaxy’s cutest alien has never been easier!

Secure the asset for your Star Wars figures collection and bring home The Child Life-Size Figure today.

Looks like they are shipping right around the time season 2 comes out.  Sure to sell out just in time for the christmas rush and fetch $1000 on ebay

I didn't see Grizzly Man, but I do watch a bunch of documentaries so maybe that's how I know his voice.  When they showed the trailer, as soon as I heard him talking I was like, "OOooo!  I know that voice!"  Then they showed him and I was like  :confused: .
He sold April and Andy their house on Parks and Rec

He tracked down their camp and started shooting nonthreatening Jawas indiscriminately.
It was a startling moment for a show that advertises itself as being appropriate for kids.

(And I get that the Mandalorian is supposed to be some kind of immoral mercenary who will do whatever it takes to accomplish his task, yada yada yoda. But it was just a bit disturbing to see that kind of killing in the SW universe. I can't recall another incident in which a main character*  committed what essentially amounts to an act of murder, and then gets away with it. I guess it happened in Rogue One, but those guys didn't really get away with it because they all eventually died.)

*hero/protagonist/good guy/etc.
Han shot first

I watched the Madalorian first and then used my Disney plus to finally watch rebels.  I picked up on it being potentially the same but didn’t think it before I read about it here.

S Wren - I would

So I binged watched this in the last week or so. I had heard about baby Yoda  and thought the show was set 900 years or so before ANH. This left me a bit confused for a while. I will probably rewatch again soon. I liked the series a lot. I don't see how you could like Star Wars and not enjoy this. I went through the whole thread and most of the complaints are valid. However Star Wars has always had a fair bit of cheesey.

Seems to me that it has to be a Yoda clone. 

So I binged watched this in the last week or so. I had heard about baby Yoda  and thought the show was set 900 years or so before ANH. This left me a bit confused for a while. I will probably rewatch again soon. I liked the series a lot. I don't see how you could like Star Wars and not enjoy this. I went through the whole thread and most of the complaints are valid. However Star Wars has always had a fair bit of cheesey.

Seems to me that it has to be a Yoda clone. 
Kuiil did not seem to think so.

I saw an article (didn't read it because I didn't feel like turning of my ad blocker) that said there are going to be a lot of epic lightsaber battles in season 2.  

Not sure if this is just with the Darksaber, or if someone with another lightsaber will join the cast.  

Users who are viewing this thread