What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (1 Viewer)

Link

One important thing to keep in mind is that the Disney+ audio description of the episode explicitly says, "Rows of similar compartments sprawl throughout the bay with an engineer in white coveralls tending to immobilized Dark Troopers contained within."

One take on Dark Troopers appeared in games like Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars, Dark Forces (among others). They resemble stormtroopers, but they're actually advanced combat droids cloaked in intense armor. Meanwhile, another version of Dark Troopers appeared in the Dark Empire series of comics, and are Force sensitive bad guys. The latter description fits in well with whatever Force-related hijinks the Empire was conducting in the lab on Nevarro. 

Read More: https://www.looper.com/282495/the-ending-of-the-mandalorian-chapter-12-explained/?utm_campaign=clip
Yea I think it's the latter.

Also Cara Dune, total badass. They are so starved for content on D+ that I could see a Cara Dune spin off show at some point. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Insein said:
Also Cara Dune, total badass. They are so starved for content on D+ that I could see a Cara Dune spin off show at some point. 
There have been rumors of Cara getting her own show, but the internet hates Gina Carano right now and want her fired.

Insein said:
Unpack this. Is that Mando's lady friend? As much as a SW dweeb, I can't keep up with the names. 

Skipdog77 said:
Thanks!  My boy is 16, and he's kind of closet Star Wars nerd, but not card-carrying.  The daughter is 13 and she dug the sequels with Rey's storyline, so I think they would both enjoy it.  The wife humors me on the Star Wars stuff but she is a Christmas-fanatic, so it could be fun to help kick off the holiday season for the Skipdog family.   
You’ll enjoy it I think. Lot of humor and winks at the all the movies and even a brief cameo from the stars of this series we are watching now. 

I don't strongly lean politically either way, but a crew that preaches tolerance as much as they do should probably actually be tolerant. She has different views than you so she should be fired? Absolutely ridiculous. 
No need to fire her. They just can cast someone else in any new spinoff. It's not like she's some iconic actress who's played the role for years.

Psychopav said:
This, so hard. 

The Imperial Troop Transport finally comes into it's own, after 41 years.  I remember it like it was yesterday, one of my favorite toys, and I totally geeked out explaining all of this to my 20 year old son tonight. 😃

So far, this show is the Star Wars sequel we've been waiting for since 1983.  I am close to liking it better than Jedi...
That Troop Transport was one of the first Star Wars toys I ever had. Had to have been about 40 years ago. Very fond memories of it. 

I researched the episode tonight. Still giving me all the feels. :thumbup:   :thumbup:

Re the final scene and mcount tie-in

They might be trying to bandaid-bridge the OT, prequels, and sequel trilogy? If so that would be a major coup if they can pull it off and fix what's broken in the SW universe without resorting to alternate reality shenanigans. 

To that end: could there be a Knights of Ren storyline coming out of this at some point, maybe tied to that final scene? Not sure if the timeline works, just a thought.

The last one with a lot of horrible overacting by Gina Carano and Carl Weathers, and a ridiculous amount of ineffective comedic relief by something that looked like a fat blue Richard Dreyfuss.
I don't disagree with this. I still enjoyed a few things about it. The writing in this show is Star Wars kid level.

Get used to it.

Look I’m happy with the results so far but you can 100% tell this season was deeply impacted by Covid.

”OK so we need to make 10 episodes.  We got a stage for Mandos ship and the main town..... let’s Make a wintery stage and have him fight through *checks notes* A bunch of spiders in that one.... aaaaand let’s have him take a side trip to another stage we will make up and *checks notes * and fight a bunch of stormtroopers like he was playing goldeneye”.

Id be willing to bet they put a lot into 4-5 of the episodes and the others are going to be closed set camera creative “goldeneye” Episodes as filler.  The fighting the dragon episode and the Mandalorian ship heist episode was great and expansive.  I expect this next episode if/when he meets Asoka will be equally as great.  My point is I’m expecting Mado and Asoka to storm a empire base the following episode with similar looming room after similar looking room.  

absolutely zero wrong with this - my point is if it wasn’t for Covid I bet we would have more expansive episodes and sets.

Look I’m happy with the results so far but you can 100% tell this season was deeply impacted by Covid.

”OK so we need to make 10 episodes.  We got a stage for Mandos ship and the main town..... let’s Make a wintery stage and have him fight through *checks notes* A bunch of spiders in that one.... aaaaand let’s have him take a side trip to another stage we will make up and *checks notes * and fight a bunch of stormtroopers like he was playing goldeneye”.

Id be willing to bet they put a lot into 4-5 of the episodes and the others are going to be closed set camera creative “goldeneye” Episodes as filler.  The fighting the dragon episode and the Mandalorian ship heist episode was great and expansive.  I expect this next episode if/when he meets Asoka will be equally as great.  My point is I’m expecting Mado and Asoka to storm a empire base the following episode with similar looming room after similar looking room.  

absolutely zero wrong with this - my point is if it wasn’t for Covid I bet we would have more expansive episodes and sets.
I don't think this is true.  From what I read they filmed season 2 from Oct 2019 to Mar 2020, ending right as the shutdowns began. 

I think this is how the show was meant to be.  Good Star Wars fun, with enough of an overarching story to keep people tuning in from week to week.  Look at Filoni's work on Avatar.  An overarching story, but there were many, many episodes throughout the seasons that had nothing to do with that main story.  Some may call it filler, but I am personally enjoying the "sidetrack" type episodes. 

This show is what it is.  Turn your mind off-entertainment for Star Wars nerds.  The visuals alone are worth tuning in every week.  

No need to fire her. They just can cast someone else in any new spinoff. It's not like she's some iconic actress who's played the role for years.
Or they can use her?  What has she done wrong? If she’s killing it in the role, it would be stupid to pick another actress and do a spin-off show. 

Or they can use her?  What has she done wrong? If she’s killing it in the role, it would be stupid to pick another actress and do a spin-off show. 
Doing a spin off show starring Cara Dune and having another actress is a sure fire way to confuse people to the point of not caring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Jabroni said:
Lego Star Wars Holiday Special was excellent. Don't know why the site quoted my other post.

Kids love it.
Saw this tonight with my kids and everyone enjoyed it.  Really well done. 

You know they don't have any sets on this show, right? Almost everything is filmed on one single soundstage. They put down a floor, whatever props, and then the walls and background are projected on a massive wrap-around jumbotron behind the actors. It's all rendered in 3D in real time by a video game engine.

You know they don't have any sets on this show, right? Almost everything is filmed on one single soundstage. They put down a floor, whatever props, and then the walls and background are projected on a massive wrap-around jumbotron behind the actors. It's all rendered in 3D in real time by a video game engine.
There is more to it than that.  The show was done shooting before Covid.  Just had to be edited.

My friend worked on the first two seasons.  He thought he was starting Season 3 the other day, but it was something else . . . .   There are at least two (if not 3) unannounced Star Wars shows coming . . . .

The last one with a lot of horrible overacting by Gina Carano and Carl Weathers, and a ridiculous amount of ineffective comedic relief by something that looked like a fat blue Richard Dreyfuss.
I liked the plot and even the action sequences, but agree on the acting.  

Could have been a lot better, but I'm not complaining...it's not like there's a ton of great original content out there right now.  

Users who are viewing this thread