What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (1 Viewer)

I’m thinking they used that episode to lay the groundwork for the Ashoka series. Now that she’s been introduced and is official in the live universe I wouldn’t be shocked if they announce a series for her sometime in the next few months, continuing on the Thrawn/Ezra storyline and concluding her story. 
I would be totally fine with that

Also, just to DJackson the thread  :suds:

Let me tell you how great it is to be able to just go to an episode of Rebels and call up something showing the old lady what the Grand Admiral looks like right inside of the the app  :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to double check I have the time line correct of Grogu's back story.

Would Grogu have been at the temple when Anakin kills all the younglings in Revenge of the Sith?

I want to double check I have the time line correct of Grogu's back story.

Would Grogu have been at the temple when Anakin kills all the younglings in Revenge of the Sith?
From the timeline I saw, that would have happened 26 years before the Mandalorian, so theoretically yes. 

The Thrawn mention has me excited. I wonder if they will use his watered down Rebels version or show the EU Heir to the Empire version more.
I haven't watched Rebels, but loved the Zahn books, so I was wondering if his appearance in Rebels was based on the books. But I guess not?

I haven't watched Rebels, but loved the Zahn books, so I was wondering if his appearance in Rebels was based on the books. But I guess not?
Same character traits but different storylines. He was a main character in rebels at the end. 

He had similar characteristics but he was not quite the same and so far the back story is different. 

I like Rosario Dawson and thought she did a good job as Ashoka.  I do think they probably should have given Ashley Eckstein first dibs at it; unless she can't physically act her way out of a paper bag.  Dawson is a decent enough actress....... but Ashley Eckstein, to me, is Ashoka. Small point.

I would have never thought that they could do the Star Wars Universe without "Skywalkers"......yet now, I find the tertiary stories that Dave Filoni much more entertaining and interesting.  It would be money to have a Luke cameo in The Mandalorian though........   

He had similar characteristics but he was not quite the same and so far the back story is different. 

Biggest mistake Lucas made to me was not greenlighting the Zahn Trilogy as his sequels. I always kind of thought he was taken aback by the popularity of them.  Theoretically though, from what I remember of the Zahn Trilogy....there's nothing in it(nor the New Trilogy) that would hamstring Disney from actually bringing it into canon if they wanted.  If Thrawn is alive....he needs to be dealt with before the First Order can pop up. 

Biggest mistake Lucas made to me was not greenlighting the Zahn Trilogy as his sequels. I always kind of thought he was taken aback by the popularity of them.  Theoretically though, from what I remember of the Zahn Trilogy....there's nothing in it(nor the New Trilogy) that would hamstring Disney from actually bringing it into canon if they wanted.  If Thrawn is alive....he needs to be dealt with before the First Order can pop up. 
A freaking Men

Is Thrawn blue in rebels like he is in the Zahn books

Was Johan Cboath in anything besides the Zahn books. (I didnt google, probably killed his name)

For a while now, there has been some talk about having Sebastian Stan play a younger version of Luke as Hamill continues to age.  Stan is 38 now and that age works pretty well for the Mandalorian time line of 5 years after Jedi (Hamill was 30 when Jedi was released).
Would people buy into Stan as Luke, in a series set 5 years after Jedi? I know it’s been talked about but not sure Disney wants to go that route. 

Same character traits but different storylines. He was a main character in rebels at the end. 
I am hoping we get some variation of the Heir of the Empire series in the future.  The timeline is pretty much the same.

What episodes of Rebels should I watch?  I saw all of Season 1 and then was more sporadic -- I made sure I watched the Obi-Wan stuff and the finale, but I want to see the important stuff about Madalore, Thrawn, and Asoka.

Would people buy into Stan as Luke, in a series set 5 years after Jedi? I know it’s been talked about but not sure Disney wants to go that route. 
I would. I feel it was a mistake to force themselves to use Hamill, Fisher and Ford in the sequel trilogy. They were too old and it made it so you had to go 30 years in the future by default to even start a new story. This obviously was a problem for the writers since they couldn't put together a coherent plot with detailed back story filling in those 30 years. 

Recast the main characters. Fill in that timeline and the audience will go along as long as the story is good. 

I would. I feel it was a mistake to force themselves to use Hamill, Fisher and Ford in the sequel trilogy. They were too old and it made it so you had to go 30 years in the future by default to even start a new story. This obviously was a problem for the writers since they couldn't put together a coherent plot with detailed back story filling in those 30 years. 

Recast the main characters. Fill in that timeline and the audience will go along as long as the story is good. 
I was at a convention with my wife and daughter last year and we sat in on a MCU panel of which Stan was a part of.

The host eventually got around to the topic of Stan playing Luke and the huge audience went bonkers with their approval. 

I think the hard core genre fans will follow as long as the story is good as you said.

Does Sebastian Stan have some SW Universe tie (like a voice in the animated shows?) that has everyone talking about him being a young Luke? Or is it just fan-casting based on his looks?

Does Sebastian Stan have some SW Universe tie (like a voice in the animated shows?) that has everyone talking about him being a young Luke? Or is it just fan-casting based on his looks?
I believe it's because Mark Hamill mentioned him as someone who could be cast as a young Luke.

I definitely would too. I have to imagine it would be well received. People want more stories and we all know how old Hamill is. 

I am hoping we get some variation of the Heir of the Empire series in the future.  The timeline is pretty much the same.

What episodes of Rebels should I watch?  I saw all of Season 1 and then was more sporadic -- I made sure I watched the Obi-Wan stuff and the finale, but I want to see the important stuff about Madalore, Thrawn, and Asoka.
S2 finale....it was a two parter called Twilight of the Apprentice was some of the best Star Wars ever.  Both a P.S almost to the Jedi Order of the Clone Wars and the beginning of whatever path they (eventually) take Ezra Bridger on.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deseret.com/platform/amp/entertainment/2020/10/29/21540085/star-wars-mandalorian-clone-wars-rebels-episodes-ahsoka-tano

best list I could find. Definitely watch the final season of clone wars and rebels all the way thorough as well imo. 

I just can't get into clone wars. Ive tried three times now. Im on season 2 episode 3 with some bounty hunter. Every time I try, I end up playing on my phone and saying whats the point. 

Add in the fact that you arent supposed to watch it in order and its like :shrug:

Disney has a 20 must see clone wars episodes collection. Does that cover it if someone didn’t have time to commit to the whole series?
Is this like a playlist on Disney+?  Or do you have to find the list and just cherry pick the episodes?

I saw the original Clone Wars 2 part movie and thought it was outstanding.  I tried watching the first season and it didn't click with me.  I particularly didn't like young Asoka, but it seems she grew into a huge fan favorite.

Is this like a playlist on Disney+?  Or do you have to find the list and just cherry pick the episodes?

I saw the original Clone Wars 2 part movie and thought it was outstanding.  I tried watching the first season and it didn't click with me.  I particularly didn't like young Asoka, but it seems she grew into a huge fan favorite.
Yea, I hated Asoka at first, but she turned into a great character.  

Yeah if you select the Star Wars category at the very top and then scroll down through the titles there is a clone wars playlist. I’m debating on putting in the time to actually watch the whole thing though after reading some Reddit threads. 

Disney has a 20 must see clone wars episodes collection. Does that cover it if someone didn’t have time to commit to the whole series?

I see now it is a playlist.  It goes through season 5, but the series goes through 7 seasons.  I think someone said to watch the final 4 episode arc for sure.  Is the rest of Season 6/7 to be punted?

I see now it is a playlist.  It goes through season 5, but the series goes through 7 seasons.  I think someone said to watch the final 4 episode arc for sure.  Is the rest of Season 6/7 to be punted?
Pretty sure season 7 is the mecca of all star wars 

One of the reasons why I have tried so hard to get into it

Add in the fact that you arent supposed to watch it in order and its like :shrug:
what's this now?

i'm trying to get into clone wars.  struggling.  i'm on episode 497 of season one.  man! there are a lot of them.  there isn't much story arc yet.  it's just annakin, doing whatever he wants, on a bunch of solo missions.  i have met asoka, so that made the mandalorian episode, much better.  

That is the order in which to watch them in order for it to make sense
I guess that's what I'm not understanding.  You mean they created and released a show that didn't make sense?  Like I'd watch in release order and not be able to follow anything, or just those episodes will go back and fill in some of the blanks?

I guess that's what I'm not understanding.  You mean they created and released a show that didn't make sense?  Like I'd watch in release order and not be able to follow anything, or just those episodes will go back and fill in some of the blanks?
Correct 

Correct 
yeah, it had something to do with the show changing the network on which it was originally aired... I did not watch it then, and just watched in chronological order once my son was old enough to use him as an excuse to watch it. 

Users who are viewing this thread