What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (5 Viewers)

Agree Luke is better, just saying Ashoka could have worked if they didn’t want to go Luke route

And I had it spoiled for me because I didn’t watch it at 7 AM Friday so my Google home page had a bunch of WOW LUKE SKYWALKER LOOKED SO YOUNG IN THE MANDALORIAN articles 
Oh that stinks.  I would have been so annoyed if that were spoiled.  Wouldn’t have been nearly the same mind blowing experience for me as it was.

Which would have been 1/10th as awesome.  You have to be a pretty miserable curmudgeon not to have just sat back and enjoyed the hell out of that.  I was giddy.

My reaction was probably a bit different from some described here.  I was stunned because it didn’t even occur to me it could be Luke.  Like that seemed so farfetched to me.  So the X-Wing rolls in and I’m thinking “hm, wonder if this person is here to help.”  And even then the guy comes walking through with the cloak and I’m thinking “huh, maybe a Jedi.”   And then a lightsaber comes out and he’s totally kicktail and I’m thinking “wait.  Wait a minute...”. And then the black glove on one hand and it’s suddenly dawning on me, like “oh crap.  Wait.  Could it seriously be???”  So when he dropped the hood and it was Luke, like actual Luke, from that time frame, I was practically jumping off my couch.”  But for me it was a slow buildup over the span of a couple minutes.  And it was so freaking awesome.

Also thought it was cool to see him just wreck like that.  Poor Mando almost got killed by one of those things.  Barely got out alive.  Luke cuts through a whole platoon of them like a warm knife through butter.  It was interesting to see just how powerful and dominant and special Luke was, because I don’t think we ever saw that in the original movies.  It’s helpful context and explanation for why this guy was such a legend.  

Just really awesome and well done.  
This was basically my experience as well. 

My buddy messaged me to watch it but didn't spoil it. He just said he had tears and watched it 3 times. I was like hmm guess it was pretty good. Had no idea they would put Luke in there because of how bad they ruined him in the sequel movies. 

It was absolutely amazing when that slow realization of who it was came to mind. They directed it beautifully giving you little tidbits each scene until the big reveal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that stinks.  I would have been so annoyed if that were spoiled.  Wouldn’t have been nearly the same mind blowing experience for me as it was.
I forgot it was Friday, so I opened this thread up and saw a spoiler.

Then we're watching it as a family, and everyone is shooting of guesses.  I didn't want to spoil anything but I just said "CAN WE JUST WATCH IT!"

AcerFC said:
Ive read a few articles the last few days that are not too thrilled with Lukes inclusion. They make the point that all things Star Wars seem to go back to the same few characters. They argue that Mado could have built the SW universe without the Skywalkers, but didnt. 

Interesting points for sure even though it was super awesome. Even if that is all we see of Luke, did they really need him or could it have been some other jedi. :shrug:
Sorry, but having Luke be an utter badass in a very cool scene is not a bad thing. 2 seasons and we had, what 90 seconds of Luke? I'm good with that. 

Exactly. That's naturally fitting him into the story.
And it's the cleanest plot line possible. My kids suggested Ezra or Kanan as possibilities. I haven't watched the end of Rebels, but I believe either would have required a time consuming explanation (or plans for a spin-off). Luke can show up, be a bad-###, and exit the scene/show without any additional commitments to the overall story line.

You have to be a pretty miserable curmudgeon not to have just sat back and enjoyed the hell out of that.  
It's probably mostly people younger than us who grew up thinking the prequels are Star Wars and either don't realize or took way too long to realize the prequels suck out loud.

This was basically my experience as well. 

My buddy messaged me to watch it but didn't spoil it. He just said he had tears and watched it 3 times. I was like hmm guess it was pretty good. Had no idea they would put Luke in there because of how bad they ruined him in the sequel movies. 

It was absolutely amazing when that slow realization of who it was came to mind. They directed it beautifully giving you little tidbits each scene until the big reveal. 
Same here.  I've never watched Clone or Rebels or played any video games or read any books - I only know the movies and Mandalorian.  So I didn't know who it might be, but it slowly dawned on me through the scene it might be Luke.

Watched it again, then was on Facetime with my daughter (who isn't into this at all but has watched the movies with me) and held up the iPad for her to watch.  Even she got a little excited.

And it's the cleanest plot line possible. My kids suggested Ezra or Kanan as possibilities. I haven't watched the end of Rebels, but I believe either would have required a time consuming explanation (or plans for a spin-off). Luke can show up, be a bad-###, and exit the scene/show without any additional commitments to the overall story line.
Yea I loved rebels but nobody generally knows or cares about Ezra. Nerds online saying it should have been their favorite comic book or video game Jedi simply do not understand what mass appeal like this means. 

Did you not like the way you said the same thing yesterday?
When I popped in here, it showed the screen with my comment and submit reply still active at the bottom. I hit submit reply and the screen still didn't change. That's when I realized I probably posted it at least once already. So I refreshed the screen and saw the double post and hid one of them. Do you feel better pointing out the simple mistakes of others? Don't you have a festivus party to get to?

Yea I loved rebels but nobody generally knows or cares another Ezra. Nerds online saying it should have been their favorite comic book or video game Jedi simply do not understand what mass appeal like this means. 
You know me. I love the depth of Star Wars lore but there's no one that could have come at that point who would have made sense. Ezra and Cal never even popped into my mind.

You know me. I love the depth of Star Wars lore but there's no one that could have come at that point who would have made sense. Ezra and Cal never even popped into my mind.
Nah no way. Imagine Cal showing up there lol. 99% of the viewers would be like who the hell is that. You can’t match that kind of moment with anybody else. 

Sorry to spoil this for you, but it has been a few years. It couldn’t have been Kanan because he died before the end of Rebels. Ezra disappeared with Thrawn, so he could’ve been a possibility if Thrawn has returned, but I agree there would be a bigger to-do around his return than Luke’s pop-in. Most likely Ezra will show up in the Ahsoka series.

When I popped in here, it showed the screen with my comment and submit reply still active at the bottom. I hit submit reply and the screen still didn't change. That's when I realized I probably posted it at least once already. So I refreshed the screen and saw the double post and hid one of them. Do you feel better pointing out the simple mistakes of others? Don't you have a festivus party to get to?
You over read it GB. Was supposed to be humor. Didnt work. 

Ive read a few articles the last few days that are not too thrilled with Lukes inclusion. They make the point that all things Star Wars seem to go back to the same few characters. They argue that Mado could have built the SW universe without the Skywalkers, but didnt. 

Interesting points for sure even though it was super awesome. Even if that is all we see of Luke, did they really need him or could it have been some other jedi. :shrug:
My rebuttal to that? #### em. 
Seriously. We just watched one of the greatest scenes in television history. In fact, some of us watched it multiple times, with perhaps a few more viewings in our near future. Skywalker/Darth Vader is Star Wars. It would have sucked hardcore if they didn't include Luke in this most awesome scene

Lol my wife discussed that the other day. Sooooooooo what exactly happens to baby yoda before 7-9 
We're going to have to wait to find out if these are in the same timelines.

There's a real life power struggle at disney right now over Lucasfilms. KK and her faction vs Favreau, Filoni and Feige. KK and her people are apparently trying to feed into the Luke is not a big deal crowd. One of them (Pablo Hidalgo) even attacked a well known Star Wars youtuber for crying to Luke coming back. They are not very happy at all at Luke being a bad ### and taking the spotlight back in Star Wars. 

We're going to have to wait to find out if these are in the same timelines.

There's a real life power struggle at disney right now over Lucasfilms. KK and her faction vs Favreau, Filoni and Feige. KK and her people are apparently trying to feed into the Luke is not a big deal crowd. One of them (Pablo Hidalgo) even attacked a well known Star Wars youtuber for crying to Luke coming back. They are not very happy at all at Luke being a bad ### and taking the spotlight back in Star Wars. 
Where does one find out about all this juicy gossip?

Did the Last Jedi thread get wiped?

This series is such a gift, what a joy to watch and the ending was just a bonus.  Just phenomenal in terms of design, story, themes, loved it.

Rian Johnson should be ashamed of himself.

Let Grogu use force powers to retcon the whole universe, Let Filoni and Favreau re do episode 8 and 9

Did the Last Jedi thread get wiped?

This series is such a gift, what a joy to watch and the ending was just a bonus.  Just phenomenal in terms of design, story, themes, loved it.

Rian Johnson should be ashamed of himself.

Let Grogu use force powers to retcon the whole universe, Let Filoni and Favreau re do episode 8 and 9
Last Jedi was awesome. 

I’m all for rumors but that second link is tremendously stupid. The freaking lead of the Mandalorian is a...Caucasian male. I mean come on. 
It doesn't say that anywhere in the article. It says that Luke Skywalker is a caucasian male. The lead of the Mandalorian is hispanic.

It’s 90% at rotten tomatoes and 84% on metacritic. You’re the one with the unpopular opinion here. 
Lol 90% critic score. This was before they started manipulating user score too. Claiming everything they didn't like is a Russian bot. 

43% user score and 4.3 out of 10 on metacritic by the people. 

We don't need to go through this again. You can like TLJ but it doesn't make it a good Star Wars movie. It nearly destroyed the franchise. Thank God for the Mandalorian. It's not perfect but it's bringing everyone back to the galaxy far far away.

Posted earlier this month before the end of Season 2...

Great way to end the season and while I’ll look forward to Season 3, with the upcoming slew of other projects I feel like Disney has finally figured out what do with Star Wars as a property.

I haven’t been to the new Star Wars Disney theme park...but since they are committed to building out the ‘galaxy’ of Star Wars content, the ability to integrate those new worlds to their physical properties could be next-gen groundbreaking.

Posted earlier this month before the end of Season 2...

Great way to end the season and while I’ll look forward to Season 3, with the upcoming slew of other projects I feel like Disney has finally figured out what do with Star Wars as a property.

I haven’t been to the new Star Wars Disney theme park...but since they are committed to building out the ‘galaxy’ of Star Wars content, the ability to integrate those new worlds to their physical properties could be next-gen groundbreaking.
Yes. Hopefully they continue to keep Favreau and Filoni in control of the Mandalorian content and all its spin offs. 

The fanbase became a lot less "toxic" when you gave them a good product
Isn’t it the fact that a bunch of people drove the actress who played Rose off of Twitter what lead to the toxic comments? How is that ever justified because somebody didn’t like a movie?

Mandalorian wasn't perfect.  I thought the episodes with the frog lady were horrific and I was extremely worried about the series at that point.  

But man what a rebound.  If you combine the last four episodes, its a better movie than any movie we've seen since ROTJ, with the possible exception of Force Awakens.

Favreau/Filoni....whoever is in charge now of building out the universe actually has a plan.  Introducing Ashoka for a great episode, and then dropping an Ashoka series a week later was BEAUTIFUL planning.  Luke was incredible and was far better than anything we saw in episode 8.

The sequel movies have a lot of great parts and are really fun to watch, but the loss of an overall narrative is what killed them.  7 wasn't made with 9 in mind.  8 came out of the brain of some random director that was brought in.  9 tried to fix the two and was doomed from the start.  Not as bad as some think, but LOTS of missed opportunity.

It appears that Disney has received the message and is planning things now, ala MCU.  That can only mean positive things for Star Wars moving forward.  

Lol 90% critic score. This was before they started manipulating user score too. Claiming everything they didn't like is a Russian bot. 

43% user score and 4.3 out of 10 on metacritic by the people. 

We don't need to go through this again. You can like TLJ but it doesn't make it a good Star Wars movie. It nearly destroyed the franchise. Thank God for the Mandalorian. It's not perfect but it's bringing everyone back to the galaxy far far away.
I'm with Cappy. Last Jedi was great

Users who are viewing this thread