What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (1 Viewer)

You're that guy that goes to see your team play but spends the entire game moaning about that one whipping boy on your team you can't stand. Amirite? And when that guy leaves/retires, you pick a new guy to complain about because reveling in anything just ain't you. It's OK to be that guy. Somebody has to be that guy. But go ahead and pretend like you're the guy that is more refined and better than the masses because you can find fault in everything. That's not being the voice of reason.
Somebody pee in your Wheaties this morning? 

I am guilty of feeling this probably more than anyone else but some times when the criticizing gets too much (as happens in nearly every tv or movie thread) it can sometimes be read as calling the people who like a show idiots because they can't see all the obvious flaws in it.  I don't think most people who criticize feel that way but it can easily be interpreted that way.

I usually just bail on a thread when it gets to that point.

As a side note, I personally have no understanding why people who don't like a show/movie/sport/recipe/anything feel the need to come into threads about said topics and repeatedly tell people why they hate these things.  I more lean towards finding threads on topics I enjoy.
See, I think this is the perception.  I can't speak for anybody else, but I do seem to take a little bit of heat for posting in these threads.   Like I said before, there are shows I really didn't like - The Boys for example.  I stopped watching it, and didn't post in there after I watched the first few episodes.  Other shows I like or think are OK and watch, and I go in those threads to talk about them, and yes - there are things that I don't like about some shows that I like.  So we are just supposed to post that everything is amazing and every show is the best on TV?  I don't get what the point of that is.     I lean towards finding threads on topics I enjoy - music, movies, shows.  I enjoy talking and debating about these things in the FFA since overall there is good collection of people with all sorts of preferences and opinions.   I will post about things I have seen - not just things I have seen and would give a 9/10 or 10/10 to.  

I think all can do a little better in these types of threads.  I should try a little more to post a couple more positive things in the shows I am watching, and people who love the show should not assume that people who aren't so high on it aren't coming in just to #### on things and/or tell them they are stupid for liking something they do.  

See, I think this is the perception.  I can't speak for anybody else, but I do seem to take a little bit of heat for posting in these threads.   Like I said before, there are shows I really didn't like - The Boys for example.  I stopped watching it, and didn't post in there after I watched the first few episodes.  Other shows I like or think are OK and watch, and I go in those threads to talk about them, and yes - there are things that I don't like about some shows that I like.  So we are just supposed to post that everything is amazing and every show is the best on TV?  I don't get what the point of that is.     I lean towards finding threads on topics I enjoy - music, movies, shows.  I enjoy talking and debating about these things in the FFA since overall there is good collection of people with all sorts of preferences and opinions.   I will post about things I have seen - not just things I have seen and would give a 9/10 or 10/10 to.  

I think all can do a little better in these types of threads.  I should try a little more to post a couple more positive things in the shows I am watching, and people who love the show should not assume that people who aren't so high on it aren't coming in just to #### on things and/or tell them they are stupid for liking something they do.  
I find that with the comic book stuff and Star Wars stuff, any criticism is taken as an attack on the genre.  I don't remember what I said, but I made a comment about the Avengers movie in that thread and people went nuts on me.  I loved the movie, but because I had an issue with a small part, it was like I kicked the hornet's nest.  

The baby Yoda is 50 years old.  Yoda was alive and well when this baby was conceived.  
you know who else would be 50 years old were he still alive at this point?  LIttle Ani, that's who.  Midi-chlorian twinsies, they are. 

If the Yodinho is 50 years old and the series is set 5 years after ROJ, Yoda got busy before Anakin showed up for the first time.
Yaddle definitely got to play with Yoda's lightsaber.  I think the baby's name should be Yodel, son of Yoda and Yaddle.  

You guys arguing about people complaining about shows most like are overlooking the most likely explanation:

Some of us get our entertainment not from the show itself, but from the art of critiquing said show.  The more plot holes and continuity errors, the happier we get, because it makes us feel so much smarter than the unwashed masses of fans who just love whatever they are told to and watch with their brains turned off.

Sarcasm and an attempt at humor, for those whose meters are broken or calibrated incorrectly.

I am guilty of feeling this probably more than anyone else but some times when the criticizing gets too much (as happens in nearly every tv or movie thread) it can sometimes be read as calling the people who like a show idiots because they can't see all the obvious flaws in it.  I don't think most people who criticize feel that way but it can easily be interpreted that way.

I usually just bail on a thread when it gets to that point.

As a side note, I personally have no understanding why people who don't like a show/movie/sport/recipe/anything feel the need to come into threads about said topics and repeatedly tell people why they hate these things.  I more lean towards finding threads on topics I enjoy.
Kind of like the Walking Dead thread before the show went #### up... or pretty much any show thread on this forum. Definitely a couple of posters on these boards that do nothing but #### on nearly everything tv/movie related.

Kind of like the Walking Dead thread before the show went #### up... or pretty much any show thread on this forum. Definitely a couple of posters on these boards that do nothing but #### on nearly everything tv/movie related.
yeah.  It is almost like a game to some posters I think.  They hate a show, they come on a thread where people are trying to discuss characters and plots, and do nothing but thread fart letting everyone know how much the show sucks. 

Which I guess would be fine if it was done once but then they, for some reason, keep watching the show they obviously dislike, and repeat the same thing week in and week out.

It is inevitable I guess.

I sometimes wonder if we should just have two threads.  One where people can give their opinions of the quality of a show and one where people can just discuss the show itself (plots, timelines, story arc, character development etc).  But that would be way too much to manage and I think the people who enjoy giving constant negative opinions would want just the one thread any way so that they can get under peoples skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Or sons of anarchy. For a while I was watching just to keep up with the thread.

I get what you guys are saying, I guess I haven't been involved with enough of the TV show threads listed  - Breaking Bad, Sons, Walking Dead, etc..  so I maybe for a lot of you it's just a build up of years and years.  Mostly I just have experience with the GOT thread.   I never really took it as people hating the show, watching it anyway, and just coming in to throw a turd in the punchbowl for everybody else that liked it, or belittle them for liking it.  Seemed like there was a divide of people that thing it's a GOAT-worthy show and have nothing but great things to say about every episode and people that thought was great, but had the opinion that it tailed off.  Not to the point where it was a horrible show, just that they were disappointed because a great show became an average show.  That doesn't describe what you guys seem to be making it out to be.  Again, maybe it was that way with other threads - I could see something like Walking Dead becoming an "interesting" thread, and I know people soured on SOA too.  :shrug:

Just ridiculous that it gets to the point where somebody makes a joke about something silly like why was that snow speeder a convertible, and it goes from that to "you ####ers cant' enjoy anything!!" .  

Some of you guys sure get prickly when there is something in a TV thread that isn't just talking about how great the show is.  I said I thought it was OK, was just hoping for something different.  If I truly don't like something (The Boys), I stop watching.   Not sure what the point of posts like "you don't love The Madalorian, how can you get through a day and enjoy anything" are.  
I don’t think that’s the problem for me, it’s when someone feels the need to ruin the enjoyment of others or reply to every post complaining.  We get it - you didn’t like it.  Let those of us that do discuss.  Note - this isn’t directed at you at all, just a larger point about how some of these threads go.

I get what you guys are saying, I guess I haven't been involved with enough of the TV show threads listed  - Breaking Bad, Sons, Walking Dead, etc..  so I maybe for a lot of you it's just a build up of years and years.  Mostly I just have experience with the GOT thread.   I never really took it as people hating the show, watching it anyway, and just coming in to throw a turd in the punchbowl for everybody else that liked it, or belittle them for liking it.  Seemed like there was a divide of people that thing it's a GOAT-worthy show and have nothing but great things to say about every episode and people that thought was great, but had the opinion that it tailed off.  Not to the point where it was a horrible show, just that they were disappointed because a great show became an average show.  That doesn't describe what you guys seem to be making it out to be.  Again, maybe it was that way with other threads - I could see something like Walking Dead becoming an "interesting" thread, and I know people soured on SOA too.  :shrug:

Just ridiculous that it gets to the point where somebody makes a joke about something silly like why was that snow speeder a convertible, and it goes from that to "you ####ers cant' enjoy anything!!" .  
I should have kept reading as Andy made my point already.  I have no issues with anything you said - it’s really the people who so much time and energy crapping in a thread for something they hate.  Perfectly valid to say you don’t like it and why but talking about how garbage something is and then watch every week to complain some more just comes across as being an #######.

I don’t think that’s the problem for me, it’s when someone feels the need to ruin the enjoyment of others or reply to every post complaining.  We get it - you didn’t like it.  Let those of us that do discuss.  Note - this isn’t directed at you at all, just a larger point about how some of these threads go.
Like I said - then what's the point of the "discussion" if you guys only want people who like something posting about it?  

Again, it's probably a build up of years and years of this, but I see more from the other side in the threads.  I don't get the impression that people are hate watching shows and coming in to #### on it for others, but I do see a lot of people getting pissy if somebody puts up a post criticizing a show or episode (people who like the show overall) and it quickly escalates to "you miserable bastards can't enjoy anything".   Whatever - I'll keep posting about shows I watch.  Maybe I should just @  Fanatic when I post positive comment or give a glowing review to something in any other thread.  ;)

Like I said - then what's the point of the "discussion" if you guys only want people who like something posting about it?  

Again, it's probably a build up of years and years of this, but I see more from the other side in the threads.  I don't get the impression that people are hate watching shows and coming in to #### on it for others, but I do see a lot of people getting pissy if somebody puts up a post criticizing a show or episode (people who like the show overall) and it quickly escalates to "you miserable bastards can't enjoy anything".   Whatever - I'll keep posting about shows I watch.  Maybe I should just @  Fanatic when I post positive comment or give a glowing review to something in any other thread.  ;)
Happy for discussion - that’s not what I’m referring to - I won’t call out any posters but some just feel the need to crap on threads because they don’t like something.  Those are the folks I take issue with - not you.

I won't hold my breath for a lot of notifications. 

I enjoy discussions that are not related to only ones opinion of the quality of a show.  Those discussions get so dry so fast because they have no where to go.  You either like it or you don't.

I like discussions that actually talk about the show itself,  the characters, the plot, trying to guess what may happen in future episodes, etc etc things like that since they can change and grow episode to episode.

I enjoy discussions that are not related to only ones opinion of the quality of a show.  Those discussions get so dry so fast because they have no where to go.  You either like it or you don't.

I like discussions that actually talk about the show itself,  the characters, the plot, trying to guess what may happen in future episodes, etc etc things like that since they can change and grow episode to episode.
But people can like a show and still have some gripes, no?  I know this board used to be filled with people who would go into threads of shows/movies they didn't like to stir the pot or try to piss people off about a show they like.  But I think it's ok to speak on certain things you don't like about a show you enjoy.  Now, if it's constant bickering, then yes, it's annoying.  But sometimes I like to see if others who enjoy the show have the same gripe I might.  It's not an attack on the show, but it allows us to talk about something.

But people can like a show and still have some gripes, no?  I know this board used to be filled with people who would go into threads of shows/movies they didn't like to stir the pot or try to piss people off about a show they like.  But I think it's ok to speak on certain things you don't like about a show you enjoy.  Now, if it's constant bickering, then yes, it's annoying.  But sometimes I like to see if others who enjoy the show have the same gripe I might.  It's not an attack on the show, but it allows us to talk about something.
You have to know it never works out that way. 

I can point you to an enormous amount of threads (which you are already aware of from your comment) where it starts out generic like "I did not like this scene" and morphs into a weekly "I hate this show, it is so dumb, how can any of you idiots enjoy something that is so bad" vibe.

Maybe this thread will be the exception. 🤷‍♂️

Is this series designed as a one shot season only or is there a hope for a second season? 

I know many of the MCU upcoming series are intended as one shots by design.

You have to know it never works out that way. 

I can point you to an enormous amount of threads (which you are already aware of from your comment) where it starts out generic like "I did not like this scene" and morphs into a weekly "I hate this show, it is so dumb, how can any of you idiots enjoy something that is so bad" vibe.

Maybe this thread will be the exception. 🤷‍♂️
I get what you're saying, GB.  And it's the old "one bad apple" thing, but it sucks because I'd love to be able to discuss not only the reasons I like it but the reasons I don't like it.  In a civil manner.  

Is this series designed as a one shot season only or is their a hope for a second season? 

Considering they don't have a lot of original content, I'd think this has to be designed as a multiple season show, right?  I have no idea and am just guessing, but I'd be blown away if this was a one off. 

Also, I saw an article where people were saying baby Yoda might be a clone.  It's just speculation, but I'm not sure I like that idea.

Is this series designed as a one shot season only or is their a hope for a second season? 

According to Jon Favreau's instagram they have already started filming season 2. I'm not sure if they have a specific story mapped out that they plan to tell over two seasons or what, but based on some of the quotes in this article it seems like they wanted to see how it is received and then go from there. 

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a29791800/star-wars-mandalorian-season-2-photo-movie-spin-off/

Considering they don't have a lot of original content, I'd think this has to be designed as a multiple season show, right?  I have no idea and am just guessing, but I'd be blown away if this was a one off. 
Just looked it up.  Production on season 2 is already under way. :thumbup:

I also saw this comment from an article

===================

We'll remind you again there has only been one episode, but Disney Studios co-chairman Alan Horn is already talking about the possibility of spinning The Mandalorian off for a movie at some point.

"The Mandalorian is already proving to be a big thing," he told Variety. "So, if that series proves to be so compelling that we reverse engineer it into a theatrical release, a two-hour film or whatever."

Just looked it up.  Production on season 2 is already under way. :thumbup:

I also saw this comment from an article

===================

We'll remind you again there has only been one episode, but Disney Studios co-chairman Alan Horn is already talking about the possibility of spinning The Mandalorian off for a movie at some point.

"The Mandalorian is already proving to be a big thing," he told Variety. "So, if that series proves to be so compelling that we reverse engineer it into a theatrical release, a two-hour film or whatever."
Wow.  A movie.  Well, I'm really liking it.  I was sure I would, but I was interested to see how they did a "Star Wars TV show."  I think they're doing a good job.  I hope they focus on more TV shows like this before the movies, though.  Would love to have multiple shows throughout the year so I wasn't waiting 9 months for the new season to start.  

My guess is it's not a clone, but the reason that guy wants him is to make clones.  Then he'd have a jedi yoda army.  
This is a good guess. 

The bounty is a little confusing though.  The scientist looking guy clearly wants him alive, but the other did not seem to care.  Also IG-11 was also in on the bounty and was clearly ready to kill Baby Yoda so I don't quite understand who created the bounty or why yet.

This is a good guess. 

The bounty is a little confusing though.  The scientist looking guy clearly wants him alive, but the other did not seem to care.  Also IG-11 was also in on the bounty and was clearly ready to kill Baby Yoda so I don't quite understand who created the bounty or why yet.
I forgot about this.  Did I mishear something?  I swear the scientist said "Preferably alive."  But IG-11 said something like, "You saw what the bounty said: They want him dead."  Right before he was about to kill him.  If bringing him in alive paid more, why did IG-11 try to kill him right when they were finally in the clear.  Unless he was given a different bounty or something.

I was going to ask in here but forgot about it until just now.  Did I hear something wrong?

I forgot about this.  Did I mishear something?  I swear the scientist said "Preferably alive."  But IG-11 said something like, "You saw what the bounty said: They want him dead."  Right before he was about to kill him.  If bringing him in alive paid more, why did IG-11 try to kill him right when they were finally in the clear.  Unless he was given a different bounty or something.

I was going to ask in here but forgot about it until just now.  Did I hear something wrong?
I don't think you heard wrong.  This is why I found the bounty itself a little confusing.

I think multiple people hired multiple bounty hunters. Lots of people wanted baby yoda imo 
I get that, but IG-11 said to him, "You read the bounty.." as if everyone knew that this bounty was set as a kill bounty.  But the guy who gave our hero the bounty made sure he said it could be paid either way.

Also, the guy who gave him the bounty, the German fellow:  his voice sounds SOOOOO familiar.  But I looked him up on IMDB and didn't see anything that I'd watch.  Is he from something that we'd know him from?  Looks like he's been in the business forever but most of his credits seemed like German movies.  But damn if his voice doesn't sound so familiar.  

He's a famous movie director and documentary filmmaker. He might have narrated some of his documentaries that you've watched. Grizzly Man, maybe?
I didn't see Grizzly Man, but I do watch a bunch of documentaries so maybe that's how I know his voice.  When they showed the trailer, as soon as I heard him talking I was like, "OOooo!  I know that voice!"  Then they showed him and I was like  :confused: .

I get that, but IG-11 said to him, "You read the bounty.." as if everyone knew that this bounty was set as a kill bounty.  But the guy who gave our hero the bounty made sure he said it could be paid either way.

Also, the guy who gave him the bounty, the German fellow:  his voice sounds SOOOOO familiar.  But I looked him up on IMDB and didn't see anything that I'd watch.  Is he from something that we'd know him from?  Looks like he's been in the business forever but most of his credits seemed like German movies.  But damn if his voice doesn't sound so familiar.  
He played The Zec in Jack Reacher.  That's how I recognized him.  Otherwise he's more of a director than actor.

ETA - his role in Jack Reacher was the leader of the bad guys, but he wasn't on screen as much as the more active bad guys.

I haven't watched a Star Wars movie in full since Return of the Jedi.  Really enjoyed the first episode.   In.

Users who are viewing this thread