Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The thing is, for all the cute and good-jedi you expect from a Yoda species, he's intentionally doing things he's not told. Eating the eggs after being told no, eating the frog-thing last season...

There's no evidence he's not an evil-jedi. 

Mando might have to kill him at some point before he gets too powerful.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't believe the guy from Swingers has made my favorite Christmas movie....develop/built my 2d favorite movie franchise.... and saved my favorite franchise... Favreau is so money and he

Also the Lady Expendables were awesome. Because they were just awesome. They didn't tell us they were awesome. They didn't have other people go "wow look how awesome they are". They were all individua

Mark Hamill @HamillHimself The fact that we were able to keep my involvement a secret for over a year with no leaks is nothing less than a miracle. A real triumph for spoiler-haters everywhe

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

I was more joking about that. Let’s be honest, it was basically Aliens mixed with the spider above from earlier Star Wars lore. Frozen solid sacks seem like a bad way to spawn and mom and dad spider were just asleep for millenniums. Anyway, I was only bothered that we didn’t even get frog lady anywhere, so now we have another episode of baby yoda eating her kids.

Didn’t the end show then rolling through the galaxy? I assumed that meant they were dropping her off. Guess I’d be a little surprised if we see more of frog lady in EP 3. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, shades said:

The thing is, for all the cute and good-jedi you expect from a Yoda species, he's intentionally doing things he's not told. Eating the eggs after being told no, eating the frog-thing last season...

There's no evidence he's not an evil-jedi. 

Mando might have to kill him at some point before he gets too powerful.

I'm not looking that deep. I think he's just a bratty kid ignoring his parental figure.

Just now, Capella said:

Didn’t the end show then rolling through the galaxy? I assumed that meant they were dropping her off. Guess I’d be a little surprised if we see more of frog lady in EP 3. 

That's how I took it. It's like the old serial shows that ended with an implied "and everything worked out in the end."

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, the rover said:

It was pretty amazing he could get that ship flying and spaceworthy with a toolbox from Sears.  

This is what threw it for me. I get the notion of suspension of disbelief, but this one was a step too far -- he fixed a ripped apart hull of a spacecraft with a handtorch, and brought the ship back from a smoking wreck not once, but twice in the same episode? C'mon.

1 hour ago, Insein said:

Not really kids. They're unfertilized eggs. Basically like the dozen chicken eggs you'd find at the store as far as Boda is concerned. The only cringe worthy part is that he eats them raw. Unless he's doing some Rocky montage training soon.  Kid has an iron stomach. 

Watching that poor frog woman numbly grieving for the lost eggs -- the last link to her entire lineage -- completely unable to utter her despair and heartbreak to anyone around who could understand her, her croaking desperate pleas for help and intervention simply bouncing off the cold, hard shell of a faceless mercenary who knows full well what's going on but can't be bothered to do anything more than gently chide his monstrous, ravenous, neonate-killing grub of a carnivorous humanoid toddler...

...yeah, I think they were more than just unfertilized eggs.

Edited by Stompin' Tom Connors
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Insein said:

I'm not looking that deep. I think he's just a bratty kid ignoring his parental figure.

I think he’s just tired of people giving him the wrong food. Pretty obvious he needs a critter-based diet. (And 900 year old Yoda was still a brat and snatched Luke’s rations on Dagobah).

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

This is what threw it for me. I get the notion of suspension of disbelief, but this one was a step too far -- he fixed a ripped apart hull of a spacecraft with a handtorch, and brought the ship back from a smoking wreck not once, but twice in the same episode? C'mon.

Watching that poor frog woman numbly grieving for the lost eggs -- the last link to her entire lineage -- completely unable to utter her despair and heartbreak to anyone around who could understand her, her croaking desperate pleas for help and intervention simply bouncing off the cold, hard shell of a faceless mercenary who knows full well what's going on but can't be bothered to do anything more than gently chide his monstrous, ravenous, neonate-killing grub of a carnivorous humanoid toddler...

Maybe Mando was just negging her and it worked. She was pretty quick to get nekkid in the hot tub quickly enough...

(but yeah, eating her last chance to have babies for comic relief was a little on the dark side.)

Also, if TIE fighters can bank in space and make noise then I guess. a ship with a barn door sized hole in it can leave atmosphere in one piece too. Something something deflector shields....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Capella said:

Did you watch the show or did I completely miss something? Unless they gloss over it, frog lady’s husband is the one who knows the Mandalorians. Now they could just gloss over it but wouldn’t he have to talk to frog dad?

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Did you watch the show or did I completely miss something? Unless they gloss over it, frog lady’s husband is the one who knows the Mandalorians. Now they could just gloss over it but wouldn’t he have to talk to frog dad?

They don’t have to show every single thing that happens, it’s not a children’s book. Some things can be implied, but yes I suppose we could see the husband in the next episode. Personally I hope he’s just moving on with his search. 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Correct. Next episode we will be on whatever world the husband is on. A waterworld I presume. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, drunken slob said:

This is dumb, so don't read it :no:

Something happens to the remaining eggs and the kid burps up what we all saw go down to save the day :tinfoilhat:

:banned:

Not dumb, it's probably the most likely outcome outside of baby yoda being a d.

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Correct. Next episode we will be on whatever world the husband is on. A waterworld I presume. 

Scarif? Mon Cala? Kamino? Naboo?

I thought they may have said the actual name of where her husband was, but don't recall, and don't think they specified if the name referred to a planet, city, region, etc.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Capella said:

I guess a big thing on Twitter tonight is people saying baby yoda committed genocide by eating those eggs and people were actually, seriously...offended by it. Multiple articles up on it. I need to quit the internet. 

It’s not surprising. At first, I thought he was communicating with them when they came towards him but then I thought oh crap he’s going to eat them. If they stopped at the first, I don’t think people would have cared but they even showed him eating one at the end as a ha ha moment. People still get offended as if it really happened. We thought political correctness had hit a high before, just wait it’s getting worse.

8 hours ago, Capella said:

They don’t have to show every single thing that happens, it’s not a children’s book. Some things can be implied, but yes I suppose we could see the husband in the next episode. Personally I hope he’s just moving on with his search. 

I’m assuming the same as @Leeroy Jenkins above that because the husband knows where the Mandalorians are that we were going to see them again. Like you I was hoping it was over. Only 6 episodes left, don’t care about the frogs. 

12 hours ago, Capella said:

Didn't the next preview show them walking around with her and Ahsoka hiding in the background?

8 minutes ago, Capella said:

Where do you see these at? 

I thought it was at the end of the episode they have a brief preview of next week?  Maybe I saw it somewhere else though, I don't remember.  They were definitely walking around with frog lady at the port and Ahsoka was lurking near a crate.

8 hours ago, Capella said:

I guess a big thing on Twitter tonight is people saying baby yoda committed genocide by eating those eggs and people were actually, seriously...offended by it. Multiple articles up on it. I need to quit the internet. 

So dumb

12 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Keep reminding yourself Star Wars is in the fantasy genre, not sci-fi.  You'll be a lot happier.

Star Wars clearly doesn't bother itself with the difficulties of leaving a planets gravitational pull, or passing through the exosphere.  Neither should you.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Capella said:

Yeah, my wife is a headline skimmer type when it comes to entertainment stuff. She of all people came home yesterday and told me about that goofiness. Then she started mocking the outraged internet moralists. :lmao: I would have never known if not for her and this thread

2 minutes ago, drunken slob said:

Yeah, my wife is a headline skimmer type when it comes to entertainment stuff. She of all people came home yesterday and told me about that goofiness. Then she started mocking the outraged internet moralists. :lmao: I would have never known if not for her and this thread

The first headline I saw was “apparently baby yoda eating the frog eggs was supposed to be funny” and I thought wait it was funny. 

They got me to click though as I was curious what the outrage was. Breaking news: animal eats animal. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Star Wars isn't really interested in realistically portraying ecosystems, physiology, or physics. 

Anyway...What kind of life cycle evolves to where the unfertilized eggs have to be carried around in a mechanical device? And frog lady says they have evolved to where they can only exist on one planet - I guess that excepts the two planets that she's shown on in this episode alone. And why did she leave her planet in the first place?

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Yeah, Star Wars isn't really interested in realistically portraying ecosystems, physiology, or physics. 

Anyway...What kind of life cycle evolves to where the unfertilized eggs have to be carried around in a mechanical device? And frog lady says they have evolved to where they can only exist on one planet - I guess that excepts the two planets that she's shown on in this episode alone. And why did she leave her planet in the first place?

Eh, it’s not well put together. Only thing bothering me is feeling like we spent way too much time with frog lady and now we’ll get to meet her hubby and that’s 25% of this season.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Eh, it’s not well put together. Only thing bothering me is feeling like we spent way too much time with frog lady and now we’ll get to meet her hubby and that’s 25% of this season.

But you can look forward to the merchandise on sale soon! Get your Star Wars pudding cups in the shape of an incubation pod and infused with gel capsules - just like Baby Yoda ate!

• Laughing 2
24 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

But you can look forward to the merchandise on sale soon! Get your Star Wars pudding cups in the shape of an incubation pod and infused with gel capsules - just like Baby Yoda ate!

Might as well. It was mentioned above but they’ve already captured the carnage on order:

Funko Pop! Deluxe Star Wars: The Mandalorian - The Child with Canister https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087NC336Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_HLwRFbY9K8XY9

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, Capella said:

The first headline I saw was “apparently baby yoda eating the frog eggs was supposed to be funny” and I thought wait it was funny. 

They got me to click though as I was curious what the outrage was. Breaking news: animal eats animal. 

People are just so woke.

3 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I liked the old Andy Dufresne who would preform mental gymnastics to explain why this was totally plausible.

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
20 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

They were just unfertilized eggs. Mando was taking her to her husband so that he could fertilize them. But they were the last eggs she’d ever be able to lay, which is why she was so protective of them. Each one lost lowers her chances of having offspring. So while the kid isn’t eating her unborn children, he is whittling away her possible progeny.

Of course the child is Force-sensitive. It’s highly possible that he only ate the eggs that weren’t viable for some reason.

• Thinking 2
9 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

Keep reminding yourself Star Wars is in the fantasy genre, not sci-fi.  You'll be a lot happier.

Star Wars clearly doesn't bother itself with the difficulties of leaving a planets gravitational pull, or passing through the exosphere.  Neither should you.

We are talking about the same franchise that world-builds so effectively that there are whole wikis (wookies?) about things that are mentioned off-hand in dialogue that have crazy-deep backstories and remain consistent across movie, books, cartoons, comics, and other mediums, right? With such attention to detail this part seemed, well, just lazy to me.

I don't care that tie-fighters make noise in the vacuum of space, or that the fact that bacteria causes telekinesis and other magic is never explained. I am not looking to have every single thing easily explained.

That's part of fiction, period -- yet again, I very well get the concept of suspension of disbelief.

But there is an uncanny valley to this stuff. For example, where there is too convenient/frequent of a deus ex machina, or where unexplained abilities or happenstance is just too much.

And a guy being able to rebuild his ship from a veritable scrap heap to a working interstellar concern -- not once, but twice -- is just that kind of step over the line to me.

Unless his dad's got an awesome set of tools....

15 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Of all the things, to me, it was the broken glass/windows that seem to be the most difficult to just wave away. Like, maybe he can weld or patch over some metal parts, but, believing he can re-melt glass well enough to survive the vacuum of space and the needs of interstellar travel... 

Like, I've seen some redneck repairs on cars, up to and including covering windows with clear plastic, but, I wouldn't be riding a space shuttle with a duct-taped plastic bag as a windshield.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

We are talking about the same franchise that world-builds so effectively that there are whole wikis (wookies?) about things that are mentioned off-hand in dialogue that have crazy-deep backstories and remain consistent across movie, books, cartoons, comics, and other mediums, right? With such attention to detail this part seemed, well, just lazy to me.

I don't care that tie-fighters make noise in the vacuum of space, or that the fact that bacteria causes telekinesis and other magic is never explained. I am not looking to have every single thing easily explained.

That's part of fiction, period -- yet again, I very well get the concept of suspension of disbelief.

But there is an uncanny valley to this stuff. For example, where there is too convenient/frequent of a deus ex machina, or where unexplained abilities or happenstance is just too much.

And a guy being able to rebuild his ship from a veritable scrap heap to a working interstellar concern -- not once, but twice -- is just that kind of step over the line to me.

If I'm going to fall into this trap, I'm going to say the worst thing about the episode is that they couldn't travel at lightspeed, and had to use sub light engines to get to the next planet.  Adding in to the fact that there apparently was at least one planet between them, can you imagine how long that would take?  Baby Yoda would be going through puberty by the time they got there.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

If I'm going to fall into this trap, I'm going to say the worst thing about the episode is that they couldn't travel at lightspeed, and had to use sub light engines to get to the next planet.  Adding in to the fact that there apparently was at least one planet between them, can you imagine how long that would take?  Baby Yoda would be going through puberty by the time they got there.

Yeah that was absurd. 

5 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

Really good point, but even putting that aside, I am not sure that this part of the plot -- why they needed to travel at sub-lightspeed -- really came to bear in this episode in any way whatsoever.

Maybe the payoff for this will be in the next episode? 

5 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Really good point, but even putting that aside, I am not sure that this part of the plot -- why they needed to travel at sub-lightspeed -- really came to bear in this episode in any way whatsoever.

Maybe the payoff for this will be in the next episode? 

They did that to explain why he was able to be intercepted by the X-Wings. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

He sealed the cockpit only.  The rest of the ship was exposed.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Capella said:

I am very excited for her to appear. 

Really good episode I thought.

There were rumors that Saha Banks, aka Mercedes Varnado, was going to be playing the Mandalorian Sabine Wren. She was playing Koska Reeves instead. But at the end of Rebels Sabine went off with Ashoka Tano, so we may yet get an appearance from her. She did play a big part in the history of the dark saber.