Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Have not watched episode 3 yet, going to tonight though......I LOVE this series!  Very refreshing after the recent movies.....I grew up on the original trilogy and am pretty much a Star Wars geek.....I still love them all.

Mandalorian is just so smart, and fresh.....all while paying homage to what came before.

Edited by Manster
  • Like 4
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't believe the guy from Swingers has made my favorite Christmas movie....develop/built my 2d favorite movie franchise.... and saved my favorite franchise... Favreau is so money and he

Also the Lady Expendables were awesome. Because they were just awesome. They didn't tell us they were awesome. They didn't have other people go "wow look how awesome they are". They were all individua

Mark Hamill @HamillHimself The fact that we were able to keep my involvement a secret for over a year with no leaks is nothing less than a miracle. A real triumph for spoiler-haters everywhe

On 11/11/2020 at 9:46 PM, Capella said:

I guess a big thing on Twitter tonight is people saying baby yoda committed genocide by eating those eggs and people were actually, seriously...offended by it. Multiple articles up on it. I need to quit the internet. 

This is a perfect example of why I hate people, in general.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Outstanding third episode

Noted to the wife that this last offering was the shortest at 35-minutes. Hopefully we'll get a good 45' or so for the next episode. Glad to see the Dark Saber questions get a few answers.

Looking for you, @TheIronSheik

:banned:

Edited by drunken slob
Looking for the Sheik
On 11/12/2020 at 5:07 PM, bcdjr1 said:

They were just unfertilized eggs. Mando was taking her to her husband so that he could fertilize them. But they were the last eggs she’d ever be able to lay, which is why she was so protective of them. Each one lost lowers her chances of having offspring. So while the kid isn’t eating her unborn children, he is whittling away her possible progeny.

Of course the child is Force-sensitive. It’s highly possible that he only ate the eggs that weren’t viable for some reason.

It's also possible he didn't really digest them. 

On 11/12/2020 at 12:46 AM, Capella said:

I guess a big thing on Twitter tonight is people saying baby yoda committed genocide by eating those eggs and people were actually, seriously...offended by it. Multiple articles up on it. I need to quit the internet. 

Just quit Twitter. I did about 2 weeks before the election. Smartest move I made this year. That place is a cesspool.

• Like 2

Pretty good episode. Guess I was wrong about not seeing frog lady anymore. Also how many times can Mando be double crossed by someone before he's just like "nah, tell me what I want or I kill you now."

I do like how they aren't being blatant with the fan service. They're sprinkling it in to the story naturally while making they're own thing. Really wish we had these kids of writers for ep 7-9. Would have made a huge difference. 

Just now, Scoresman said:

I should probably watch clone wars then.  I see her as no one but Starbuck.  

I agree. Still this is a great opportunity for me to introduce my son to the BSG reboot. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Psychopav said:

She has voiced that character for years. 

Yes this was fantastic work by every one involved to keep her in this role. 

This is now her 3rd series in the same role, Clone Wars, Rebels, and Mandalorian.  It is a nice way to keep the binding between these animated shows and Mandalorian.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

I think we get one mostly filler episode first.  Dave Filoni is directing episode 5, he created Ahsoka,  I’m guessing that will be the big Ahsoka episide.

Well that sucks but I bet you’re right. 

15 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Yes this was fantastic work by every one involved to keep her in this role. 

This is now her 3rd series in the same role, Clone Wars, Rebels, and Mandalorian.  It is a nice way to keep the binding between these animated shows and Mandalorian.

Too bad they didn’t do that for Ashoka. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Andrew74 said:

Too bad they didn’t do that for Ashoka. 

my family was talking about this so we looked it up.  The lady who voices Ashoka has been a Voice Actress almost exclusively since the mid 2000's.

She also does not look anything like her physically but that is probably less of an issue given the magic Hollywood can do with make up.

On 11/13/2020 at 9:56 PM, Manster said:

Have not watched episode 3 yet, going to tonight though......I LOVE this series!  Very refreshing after the recent movies.....I grew up on the original trilogy and am pretty much a Star Wars geek.....I still love them all.

Mandalorian is just so smart, and fresh.....all while paying homage to what came before.

It is very well done. It does not disappoint. Fellow Star Wars geek.

8 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Did the most recent episode have anything more than a tease in the background for the possible Sabine return? 

If the background tease you’re talking about was the hooded woman in the background seeing Mando that some thought would be Sabine, it turns out it wasn’t. She was a different Mandalorian, Koska Reeves. There’s been no mention of Sabine. She did go off with Ahsoka to search for Ezra Bridger at the end of Rebels, so there’s a chance they will be together still. But that’s all.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bcdjr1 said:

If the background tease you’re talking about was the hooded woman in the background seeing Mando that some thought would be Sabine, it turns out it wasn’t. She was a different Mandalorian, Koska Reeves. There’s been no mention of Sabine. She did go off with Ahsoka to search for Ezra Bridger at the end of Rebels, so there’s a chance they will be together still. But that’s all.

Rebels is way over by the time Mandalorian takes place so I wonder if we’ll ever here about Ezra, seeing that we are about to meet Ashoka. 

17 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

gonna need one of you über nerds to help this nerd.  what order, and what shows am i missing?  have no clue about rebels or clone wars.

thx

old star wars nerd

Clone Wars is set during episode 2 and 3. Rebels comes a few years before a New Hope. Mandalorian is a few years after Return of the Jedi. 

Rebels and Clone have a lot of filler episodes but the ones that are good are freaking outstanding and add a lot to the Star Wars lore imo. The last season of clone wars stands up there with all of the best Star Wars stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

gonna need one of you über nerds to help this nerd.  what order, and what shows am i missing?  have no clue about rebels or clone wars.

thx

old star wars nerd

The list I'm posting is courtesy of @TheIronSheik

He made a post in this thread years ago about getting reacquainted with the history of Mando lore with regard to the current show.

Funny enough...I went through this entire thread, gotta say @Jaysus is right, stop it....nerds (myself included) :rant:

I drink too much. So I can't find my source note with the date @TheIronSheik made the post regarding Mando history during the Clone Wars and Rebels.

Here's the list I wrote down:

Clone Wars 

Season 2: Ep 12, Ep 13, Ep 14

Season 3: Ep 5, Ep 6

Season 4: Ep 14

Season 5: Ep 14, Ep 15, Ep 16

Season 6: None mentioned by him, his post also notes that he didn't know S6 was available for viewing and that a S7 was on deck. Once again, I drink too much and am paraphrasing. :nerd: 

I did some Wiki work and looked over the episodes for Season 6 and didn't see any Mando related notes. Doesn't mean I missed something.

Season 7: Ep 7, Ep 8, Ep 9, Ep 10(?), Ep 11

The question mark for Ep 10 is because I haven't watched the last season again, yet. 

Rebels

Once again, this list is courtesy of @TheIronSheik

Season 2: Ep 13

Season 3: Ep 7, Ep 15, Ep 16

Season 4: Ep 1, Ep 2

• Thanks 2

@NewlyRetired has mentioned that, "Resistance," is not very good. I'll take it on his authority that I don't need to watch it.

Unless someone else wants to list mentions from that show, I'm happy with where we're headed.

In the meantime, how about we enjoy the show and tell our nieces, nephews and grand children why Star Wars is a great diversion in these tough times

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

thx

old star wars nerd

Here’s a great timeline that breaks both the movie/shows/ in order as well as a yearly timeline of major events.  

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-timeline/

Edited by dkp993
5 hours ago, Capella said:

Clone Wars is set during episode 2 and 3. Rebels comes a few years before a New Hope. Mandalorian is a few years after Return of the Jedi. 

Rebels and Clone have a lot of filler episodes but the ones that are good are freaking outstanding and add a lot to the Star Wars lore imo. The last season of clone wars stands up there with all of the best Star Wars stuff. 

I agree with all of this but this last part I’ll take a step further:  the final 4 episodes of Clone Wars taken together is the 3rd best Star Wars movie of all time, plus it makes Episode 3 a better movie in retrospect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, drunken slob said:

Gonna drunken nerd out here: 

Where the hell are Ezra and the Grand Admiral :scared:

I always assumed we would get another animated series rolling this storyline up, but no reason they couldn’t tie it in here. Mando goes to see Ashoka and she tells him she needs his help finding a friend or whatever. 

• Thanks 1
On 11/12/2020 at 8:33 AM, Bull Dozier said:

Keep reminding yourself Star Wars is in the fantasy genre, not sci-fi.  You'll be a lot happier.

Star Wars clearly doesn't bother itself with the difficulties of leaving a planets gravitational pull, or passing through the exosphere.  Neither should you.

Called it!

2 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Old Star Wars geek here.

I know that I need to catch up on Clone Wars and Rebels, but was just wondering if there was an other extra canon that was deemed necessary? 

Not in my opinion. There are books and comics and stuff but I don’t think any of that is really essential. Basically just coloring in some lines. I tried to read a few comics but couldn’t get into it.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Here’s a great timeline that breaks both the movie/shows/ in order as well as a yearly timeline of major events.  

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-timeline/

According to this, "the child" was born ~41 years BBY, and the series takes place 9 years ABY, so "baby Yoda" is 50? It mentions that's based on something referenced in the show, but I must have missed. Guess it makes sense that a species that lives to 900+ still would be a baby/toddler at 50. 

1 minute ago, The Noid said:

According to this, "the child" was born ~41 years BBY, and the series takes place 9 years ABY, so "baby Yoda" is 50? It mentions that's based on something referenced in the show, but I must have missed. Guess it makes sense that a species that lives to 900+ still would be a baby/toddler at 50. 

Yeah they mention he’s a 50yr old baby in the first episode he was introduced iirc.  

19 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

Why is Yoda's race so mysterious and unknown?  Did nobody ever bother to ask Yoda (or that one female Yoda) where he was from?  

From a story standpoint, who knows. But from a realistic standpoint, Lucas said it would never be divulged. I assume because he didn’t have an answer himself, Jim Henson just made a cool puppet one day and they rolled with it. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Yeah they mention he’s a 50yr old baby in the first episode he was introduced iirc.  

OK, so I'm taking the mantle of ripping all the logic apart here.

If "yodas" live to 900+, and humans live to 90+, then a 50 year old yoda should be more like a 5 year old human.  This one is close to a baby that a 5 year old.

Evolutionarily speaking, human infants mature at a much slower rate than most other animals.  It makes no sense to have your spawn totally non self sufficient for over 50 years.

Though, that said, maybe that's why so few of them appear to exist.

17 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

Yeah there’s no question this kind of slow maturation would wreck havoc on a species unless it lived in a pretty sheltered existence. Being that feeble for that long does not lend well to survival.  

20 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

OK, so I'm taking the mantle of ripping all the logic apart here.

If "yodas" live to 900+, and humans live to 90+, then a 50 year old yoda should be more like a 5 year old human.  This one is close to a baby that a 5 year old.

Evolutionarily speaking, human infants mature at a much slower rate than most other animals.  It makes no sense to have your spawn totally non self sufficient for over 50 years.

I’d love to know who was watching it for the first 50 years. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

Yeah there’s no question this kind of slow maturation would wreck havoc on a species unless it lived in a pretty sheltered existence. Being that feeble for that long does not lend well to survival.  

To be fair, we don't know how "feeble" it is - it's done some pretty strong force work already, and can feed itself if there's anything within arm's reach.  Maybe the "sitter" is needed to keep it from wreaking total havoc on civilization.

• Like 1