What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (3 Viewers)

Damn you, shuke.😁
Isn't the Clone Wars pretty much the story of Anakin too? And that had a movie to go with it. So not one but two rather lengthy Vader series. In fact, I'm not sure any other character in the history of anything has had so much screen time. One could argue the avengers maybe with their 20+ movies, but I don't think any individual character has as much screen time as Vader/Anakin. The Simpsons would be the only other characters I could think of. 

Isn't the Clone Wars pretty much the story of Anakin too? And that had a movie to go with it. So not one but two rather lengthy Vader series. In fact, I'm not sure any other character in the history of anything has had so much screen time. One could argue the avengers maybe with their 20+ movies, but I don't think any individual character has as much screen time as Vader/Anakin. The Simpsons would be the only other characters I could think of. 
He didn't have the mask and Sith lightsaber! 

I guess I am a bigger dweeb. Think the last scene in Rogue One Vader. Carnage. Vicious. Give me that and take my money.

I guess I am a bigger dweeb. Think the last scene in Rogue One Vader. Carnage. Vicious. Give me that and take my money.
Yea man I’m with you. That last scene in R1 is probably the only movie theatre scene where I yelped. When he turned his light saber on - that was a moment  

I think a 6-8 episode Vader series set between ep 3-4 where he hunts Jedi would be amazing. They already have comics about that time period so it wouldn’t be that hard to get the stories set. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea man I’m with you. That last scene in R1 is probably the only movie theatre scene where I yelped. When he turned his light saber on - that was a moment  

I think a 6-8 episode Vader series set between ep 3-4 where he hunts Jedi would be amazing. They already have comics about that time period so it wouldn’t be that hard to get the stories set. 
That was an awesome scene, but I don’t think you can expand that to a series where Vader just endlessly decimated the “good guys”.
He’d have to be fighting the Hutt syndicate or cleaning up worse “bad guys”.

The R1 scene works, imo, because not only do we now have the CGI and effects to blow away anything we saw Vader do in the original trilogy (and have 40 years of anticipation built up), but in the end, Vader fails. The rebels get away with the plans, at least temporarily.

That was an awesome scene, but I don’t think you can expand that to a series where Vader just endlessly decimated the “good guys”.

The R1 scene works, imo, because not only do we now have the CGI and effects to blow away anything we saw Vader do in the original trilogy (and have 40 years of anticipation built up), but in the end, Vader fails. The droids get away with the plans.
I haven’t read the comics and probably never will but there’s quite a few storylines and apparently they’re really good. 

James Bond? (Not to mention Santa, God, the Devil, Hitler, etc which I assume aren't along the point you're making)

I haven’t read the comics and probably never will but there’s quite a few storylines and apparently they’re really good. 
Me neither. I think you can get away with that in a comic book- level of investment.  Could really narrow down the potential audience  for a TV/Movie adaptation. But I am generally risk-averse and not made out of money like Disney so who knows? Could be a colossal hit.

...and I’d definitely watch it if it got made.

I loved Rogue One, but I still say they should have used Vader more or at least had him looming over everything off-screen with people fearing him.  Almost like Jaws.

The R1 scene works, imo, because not only do we now have the CGI and effects to blow away anything we saw Vader do in the original trilogy (and have 40 years of anticipation built up), but in the end, Vader fails. The rebels get away with the plans, at least temporarily.
Yes you can. And us fanboys, will drool it up.

James Bond? (Not to mention Santa, God, the Devil, Hitler, etc which I assume aren't along the point you're making)
James Bond is a great one. Yeah, he probably wins. Santa, God, Devil, Hitler may have more movies about them but they would be different story lines, or at least different interpretations of a few story lines. Bond and Vader are at least part of an ongoing story line (Never Say Never Again, aside). I would put Dracula/Vampires in with the Santa, God, Devil, category. 

Shuke’s gonna be like “that was lame, I didn’t like the fight with the light sticks and the orange woman who looked like Rosario Dawson”

We should be spoilering the

Thrawn talk
at least for a couple days imo. Agree it was huge and so exciting. I’m stoked!!!

I thought Dawson did a great job with it. She captured some of the mannerisms of the animated Ahsoka. I thought I'd get pulled out of the moment thinking how different she felt from the Ahsoka we know but instead there were a couple times where I was pulled out of the moment realizing how continuous her representation was. I think the aging from Clone Wars to Rebels helped.  You expect her to look older. 

Very good episode. Michael Biehn sighting too. 

Ashoka was well done. Hopefully they fit her in more as we go. The Thrawn mention has me excited. I wonder if they will use his watered down Rebels version or show the EU Heir to the Empire version more. If the go EU it would help explain why the empire is still so prominent and organized in these outer territories. Could go either way with Filoni in charge though. 

Either way great addition. Also grogu

We should be spoilering the

Thrawn talk
at least for a couple days imo. Agree it was huge and so exciting. I’m stoked!!!
I think 5 episodes into a new season you shouldn’t venture in here if you are worried of spoilers. We all know it comes out on Friday and nothing is in the thread title spoiling. The thread title is for the extra M. 

Luke trains Grogu perhaps?

Interesting that Ahsoka didn’t correct the Magistrate when she called her a Jedi.

Luke trains Grogu perhaps?

Interesting that Ahsoka didn’t correct the Magistrate when she called her a Jedi.
I took it as "If that's what you want to think."

But also having her go into the nuances of her role in the force would have lost the casual audience real quick.

I get the feeling the answer is obvious but is clone wars worth watching?
Short answer:  yes!

Long answer:  there’s a lot of filler episodes, especially early in the series.  But if you can power through the early seasons, it’s gets progressively better as they find their footing, and it culminates in the one of the greatest pieces of Star Wars content ever released, the final four episode arc.

Long answer:  there’s a lot of filler episodes, especially early in the series.  But if you can power through the early seasons, it’s gets progressively better as they find their footing, and it culminates in the one of the greatest pieces of Star Wars content ever released, the final four episode arc.
Disney has a 20 must see clone wars episodes collection. Does that cover it if someone didn’t have time to commit to the whole series?

Disney has a 20 must see clone wars episodes collection. Does that cover it if someone didn’t have time to commit to the whole series?
I think that gives you a good tasting.  If I have the same list, it was prior to the release of season 7.  So you have to add those final 4 episodes (I believe they are episodes 9-12); they are fantastic.  

I think that gives you a good tasting.  If I have the same list, it was prior to the release of season 7.  So you have to add those final 4 episodes (I believe they are episodes 9-12); they are fantastic.  
Ah yeah that one stops at S5E20 so I’ll make sure to add the final four. Thanks!

Probably time for me to watch this. The Mandalorian has been awesome, so much better than the recent movies.

Probably time for me to watch this. The Mandalorian has been awesome, so much better than the recent movies.
there is a bunch of info online about the story arcs in the show... I know I have seen one that covers all of the mandalorian episodes. 

@Desert_Power, I'm going through the Clone Wars for the third time this year. Currently in S3

Will follow-up with a second viewing of the Rebels series.

As others have noted, some episodes are filler, they are still quality stories though   :2cents:

:banned:

Michael biehn rocks

No way they really put thrawn in here right?
I’m thinking they used that episode to lay the groundwork for the Ashoka series. Now that she’s been introduced and is official in the live universe I wouldn’t be shocked if they announce a series for her sometime in the next few months, continuing on the Thrawn/Ezra storyline and concluding her story. 

Users who are viewing this thread