Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

23 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Lego Star Wars Holiday Special was excellent. Don't know why the site quoted my other post.

Kids love it.

I especially liked the Mandalorian scene.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't believe the guy from Swingers has made my favorite Christmas movie....develop/built my 2d favorite movie franchise.... and saved my favorite franchise... Favreau is so money and he

Also the Lady Expendables were awesome. Because they were just awesome. They didn't tell us they were awesome. They didn't have other people go "wow look how awesome they are". They were all individua

Mark Hamill @HamillHimself The fact that we were able to keep my involvement a secret for over a year with no leaks is nothing less than a miracle. A real triumph for spoiler-haters everywhe

On 11/20/2020 at 8:02 PM, NewlyRetired said:
On 11/20/2020 at 4:38 PM, Tony Jabroni said:

That, and Mando's lady friend, the Marshal, is a thick, juicy, magnificent specimen. Flipping hot.

It is amazing that her fighting weight was only 140 pounds.  Those weight cuts must have been beyond brutal.

She almost doesn't look real, looks more like a video game character.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:38 AM, The Ref said:

Look I’m happy with the results so far but you can 100% tell this season was deeply impacted by Covid.

”OK so we need to make 10 episodes.  We got a stage for Mandos ship and the main town..... let’s Make a wintery stage and have him fight through *checks notes* A bunch of spiders in that one.... aaaaand let’s have him take a side trip to another stage we will make up and *checks notes * and fight a bunch of stormtroopers like he was playing goldeneye”.

Id be willing to bet they put a lot into 4-5 of the episodes and the others are going to be closed set camera creative “goldeneye” Episodes as filler.  The fighting the dragon episode and the Mandalorian ship heist episode was great and expansive.  I expect this next episode if/when he meets Asoka will be equally as great.  My point is I’m expecting Mado and Asoka to storm a empire base the following episode with similar looming room after similar looking room.  

absolutely zero wrong with this - my point is if it wasn’t for Covid I bet we would have more expansive episodes and sets.

You know they don't have any sets on this show, right? Almost everything is filmed on one single soundstage. They put down a floor, whatever props, and then the walls and background are projected on a massive wrap-around jumbotron behind the actors. It's all rendered in 3D in real time by a video game engine.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, shades said:

You know they don't have any sets on this show, right? Almost everything is filmed on one single soundstage. They put down a floor, whatever props, and then the walls and background are projected on a massive wrap-around jumbotron behind the actors. It's all rendered in 3D in real time by a video game engine.

There is more to it than that.  The show was done shooting before Covid.  Just had to be edited.

My friend worked on the first two seasons.  He thought he was starting Season 3 the other day, but it was something else . . . .   There are at least two (if not 3) unannounced Star Wars shows coming . . . .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
On 11/21/2020 at 9:32 PM, shuke said:

The last one with a lot of horrible overacting by Gina Carano and Carl Weathers, and a ridiculous amount of ineffective comedic relief by something that looked like a fat blue Richard Dreyfuss.

I liked the plot and even the action sequences, but agree on the acting.  

Could have been a lot better, but I'm not complaining...it's not like there's a ton of great original content out there right now.  

On 11/21/2020 at 11:32 PM, shuke said:

The last one with a lot of horrible overacting by Gina Carano and Carl Weathers, and a ridiculous amount of ineffective comedic relief by something that looked like a fat blue Richard Dreyfuss.

How dare you insult the comedic stylings of Horatio Sanz like that.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Damn you, shuke.😁

Isn't the Clone Wars pretty much the story of Anakin too? And that had a movie to go with it. So not one but two rather lengthy Vader series. In fact, I'm not sure any other character in the history of anything has had so much screen time. One could argue the avengers maybe with their 20+ movies, but I don't think any individual character has as much screen time as Vader/Anakin. The Simpsons would be the only other characters I could think of. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

Isn't the Clone Wars pretty much the story of Anakin too? And that had a movie to go with it. So not one but two rather lengthy Vader series. In fact, I'm not sure any other character in the history of anything has had so much screen time. One could argue the avengers maybe with their 20+ movies, but I don't think any individual character has as much screen time as Vader/Anakin. The Simpsons would be the only other characters I could think of. 

He didn't have the mask and Sith lightsaber! 

I guess I am a bigger dweeb. Think the last scene in Rogue One Vader. Carnage. Vicious. Give me that and take my money.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

I guess I am a bigger dweeb. Think the last scene in Rogue One Vader. Carnage. Vicious. Give me that and take my money.

Yea man I’m with you. That last scene in R1 is probably the only movie theatre scene where I yelped. When he turned his light saber on - that was a moment  

I think a 6-8 episode Vader series set between ep 3-4 where he hunts Jedi would be amazing. They already have comics about that time period so it wouldn’t be that hard to get the stories set. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yea man I’m with you. That last scene in R1 is probably the only movie theatre scene where I yelped. When he turned his light saber on - that was a moment  

I think a 6-8 episode Vader series set between ep 3-4 where he hunts Jedi would be amazing. They already have comics about that time period so it wouldn’t be that hard to get the stories set. 

That was an awesome scene, but I don’t think you can expand that to a series where Vader just endlessly decimated the “good guys”.
He’d have to be fighting the Hutt syndicate or cleaning up worse “bad guys”.

The R1 scene works, imo, because not only do we now have the CGI and effects to blow away anything we saw Vader do in the original trilogy (and have 40 years of anticipation built up), but in the end, Vader fails. The rebels get away with the plans, at least temporarily.

Edited by Rustoleum
Just now, Rustoleum said:

That was an awesome scene, but I don’t think you can expand that to a series where Vader just endlessly decimated the “good guys”.

The R1 scene works, imo, because not only do we now have the CGI and effects to blow away anything we saw Vader do in the original trilogy (and have 40 years of anticipation built up), but in the end, Vader fails. The droids get away with the plans.

I haven’t read the comics and probably never will but there’s quite a few storylines and apparently they’re really good. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

James Bond? (Not to mention Santa, God, the Devil, Hitler, etc which I assume aren't along the point you're making)

Edited by FUBAR
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

I haven’t read the comics and probably never will but there’s quite a few storylines and apparently they’re really good. 

Me neither. I think you can get away with that in a comic book- level of investment.  Could really narrow down the potential audience  for a TV/Movie adaptation. But I am generally risk-averse and not made out of money like Disney so who knows? Could be a colossal hit.

...and I’d definitely watch it if it got made.

1 hour ago, Tony Jabroni said:

I loved Rogue One, but I still say they should have used Vader more or at least had him looming over everything off-screen with people fearing him.  Almost like Jaws.

3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I loved Rogue One, but I still say they should have used Vader more or at least had him looming over everything off-screen with people fearing him.  Almost like Jaws.

He did. 

"Don't choke on your words" 

Gimme more!

39 minutes ago, Rustoleum said:

The R1 scene works, imo, because not only do we now have the CGI and effects to blow away anything we saw Vader do in the original trilogy (and have 40 years of anticipation built up), but in the end, Vader fails. The rebels get away with the plans, at least temporarily.

Yes you can. And us fanboys, will drool it up.

59 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

James Bond? (Not to mention Santa, God, the Devil, Hitler, etc which I assume aren't along the point you're making)

James Bond is a great one. Yeah, he probably wins. Santa, God, Devil, Hitler may have more movies about them but they would be different story lines, or at least different interpretations of a few story lines. Bond and Vader are at least part of an ongoing story line (Never Say Never Again, aside). I would put Dracula/Vampires in with the Santa, God, Devil, category. 

On 11/21/2020 at 12:20 AM, Psychopav said:

This, so hard. 

The Imperial Troop Transport finally comes into it's own, after 41 years.  I remember it like it was yesterday, one of my favorite toys, and I totally geeked out explaining all of this to my 20 year old son tonight. 😃

Man, that's one of the few vintage Kenner Star Wars toys I don't have in my collection. Need to get that one.

• Like 1

We should be spoilering the

Thrawn talk

at least for a couple days imo. Agree it was huge and so exciting. I’m stoked!!!

Edited by Psychopav

I thought Dawson did a great job with it. She captured some of the mannerisms of the animated Ahsoka. I thought I'd get pulled out of the moment thinking how different she felt from the Ahsoka we know but instead there were a couple times where I was pulled out of the moment realizing how continuous her representation was. I think the aging from Clone Wars to Rebels helped.  You expect her to look older. 

• Like 2

Very good episode. Michael Biehn sighting too. 

Ashoka was well done. Hopefully they fit her in more as we go. The Thrawn mention has me excited. I wonder if they will use his watered down Rebels version or show the EU Heir to the Empire version more. If the go EU it would help explain why the empire is still so prominent and organized in these outer territories. Could go either way with Filoni in charge though. 

Either way great addition. Also grogu

21 minutes ago, Psychopav said:

We should be spoilering the

Hide contents

Thrawn talk

at least for a couple days imo. Agree it was huge and so exciting. I’m stoked!!!

I think 5 episodes into a new season you shouldn’t venture in here if you are worried of spoilers. We all know it comes out on Friday and nothing is in the thread title spoiling. The thread title is for the extra M. 

• Thanks 1
On 11/16/2020 at 12:33 AM, drunken slob said:

Gonna drunken nerd out here: 

Where the hell are Ezra and the Grand Admiral :scared:

:banned:

:pickle: One down, excited to see if Grogu gets an answer when he visits the top of the temple

:banned:

Has been a great season so far