Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

19 minutes ago, Psychopav said:

Luke trains Grogu perhaps?

Interesting that Ahsoka didn’t correct the Magistrate when she called her a Jedi.

I took it as "If that's what you want to think."

But also having her go into the nuances of her role in the force would have lost the casual audience real quick.

Edited by Insein
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't believe the guy from Swingers has made my favorite Christmas movie....develop/built my 2d favorite movie franchise.... and saved my favorite franchise... Favreau is so money and he

Also the Lady Expendables were awesome. Because they were just awesome. They didn't tell us they were awesome. They didn't have other people go "wow look how awesome they are". They were all individua

Mark Hamill @HamillHimself The fact that we were able to keep my involvement a secret for over a year with no leaks is nothing less than a miracle. A real triumph for spoiler-haters everywhe

1 hour ago, Psychopav said:

1. Luke trains Grogu perhaps?

B. Interesting that Ahsoka didn’t correct the Magistrate when she called her a Jedi.

1. Maybe she was fishing for Ezra?

B. I was waiting for "I am no Jedi" there too

Just now, FUBAR said:

I get the feeling the answer is obvious but is clone wars worth watching?

Short answer:  yes!

Long answer:  there’s a lot of filler episodes, especially early in the series.  But if you can power through the early seasons, it’s gets progressively better as they find their footing, and it culminates in the one of the greatest pieces of Star Wars content ever released, the final four episode arc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Long answer:  there’s a lot of filler episodes, especially early in the series.  But if you can power through the early seasons, it’s gets progressively better as they find their footing, and it culminates in the one of the greatest pieces of Star Wars content ever released, the final four episode arc.

Disney has a 20 must see clone wars episodes collection. Does that cover it if someone didn’t have time to commit to the whole series?

13 minutes ago, CR69 said:

Disney has a 20 must see clone wars episodes collection. Does that cover it if someone didn’t have time to commit to the whole series?

I think that gives you a good tasting.  If I have the same list, it was prior to the release of season 7.  So you have to add those final 4 episodes (I believe they are episodes 9-12); they are fantastic.  

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Andrew74 said:

I think that gives you a good tasting.  If I have the same list, it was prior to the release of season 7.  So you have to add those final 4 episodes (I believe they are episodes 9-12); they are fantastic.  

Ah yeah that one stops at S5E20 so I’ll make sure to add the final four. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Andrew74 said:

I peed my pants.  I was not expecting that. 

Same.  

We are going to end up with a crash of Mandolorian, Clone wars and Rebels.  Life action awesomeness.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Probably time for me to watch this. The Mandalorian has been awesome, so much better than the recent movies.

10 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Probably time for me to watch this. The Mandalorian has been awesome, so much better than the recent movies.

there is a bunch of info online about the story arcs in the show... I know I have seen one that covers all of the mandalorian episodes. 

34 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Yeah, you should. @Ted Lange as your Bartender pretty much nailed it. Starts a little slow, lots of filler, but it picks up steam and is fantastic overall. It’s my favorite piece of Star Wars content ever, and by far the best representation of Anakin. 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, need2know said:

Michael biehn rocks

No way they really put thrawn in here right?

I’m thinking they used that episode to lay the groundwork for the Ashoka series. Now that she’s been introduced and is official in the live universe I wouldn’t be shocked if they announce a series for her sometime in the next few months, continuing on the Thrawn/Ezra storyline and concluding her story. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Capella said:

I’m thinking they used that episode to lay the groundwork for the Ashoka series. Now that she’s been introduced and is official in the live universe I wouldn’t be shocked if they announce a series for her sometime in the next few months, continuing on the Thrawn/Ezra storyline and concluding her story. 

I would be totally fine with that

Just now, need2know said:

I would be totally fine with that

For sure. She’s much more than a side story and Dawson is a pretty big star. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we don’t see her in Mandalorian again, or very little.

• Like 1

Also, just to DJackson the thread :suds:

Let me tell you how great it is to be able to just go to an episode of Rebels and call up something showing the old lady what the Grand Admiral looks like right inside of the the app :clap:

Edited by drunken slob
Forgive me for the run on sentence :sads:
3 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I want to double check I have the time line correct of Grogu's back story.

Would Grogu have been at the temple when Anakin kills all the younglings in Revenge of the Sith?

From the timeline I saw, that would have happened 26 years before the Mandalorian, so theoretically yes. 

On 11/27/2020 at 12:50 PM, Insein said:

The Thrawn mention has me excited. I wonder if they will use his watered down Rebels version or show the EU Heir to the Empire version more.

I haven't watched Rebels, but loved the Zahn books, so I was wondering if his appearance in Rebels was based on the books. But I guess not?

Edited by The Noid
8 minutes ago, The Noid said:

I haven't watched Rebels, but loved the Zahn books, so I was wondering if his appearance in Rebels was based on the books. But I guess not?

Same character traits but different storylines. He was a main character in rebels at the end. 

5 minutes ago, The Noid said:

He had similar characteristics but he was not quite the same and so far the back story is different. 

I like Rosario Dawson and thought she did a good job as Ashoka.  I do think they probably should have given Ashley Eckstein first dibs at it; unless she can't physically act her way out of a paper bag.  Dawson is a decent enough actress....... but Ashley Eckstein, to me, is Ashoka. Small point.

I would have never thought that they could do the Star Wars Universe without "Skywalkers"......yet now, I find the tertiary stories that Dave Filoni much more entertaining and interesting.  It would be money to have a Luke cameo in The Mandalorian though........   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Insein said:

He had similar characteristics but he was not quite the same and so far the back story is different. 

Biggest mistake Lucas made to me was not greenlighting the Zahn Trilogy as his sequels. I always kind of thought he was taken aback by the popularity of them.  Theoretically though, from what I remember of the Zahn Trilogy....there's nothing in it(nor the New Trilogy) that would hamstring Disney from actually bringing it into canon if they wanted.  If Thrawn is alive....he needs to be dealt with before the First Order can pop up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

It would be money to have a Luke cameo in The Mandalorian though........   

For a while now, there has been some talk about having Sebastian Stan play a younger version of Luke as Hamill continues to age.  Stan is 38 now and that age works pretty well for the Mandalorian time line of 5 years after Jedi (Hamill was 30 when Jedi was released).

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

Biggest mistake Lucas made to me was not greenlighting the Zahn Trilogy as his sequels. I always kind of thought he was taken aback by the popularity of them.  Theoretically though, from what I remember of the Zahn Trilogy....there's nothing in it(nor the New Trilogy) that would hamstring Disney from actually bringing it into canon if they wanted.  If Thrawn is alive....he needs to be dealt with before the First Order can pop up. 

A freaking Men

• Like 3
4 hours ago, AcerFC said:

Is Thrawn blue in rebels like he is in the Zahn books

Was Johan Cboath in anything besides the Zahn books. (I didnt google, probably killed his name)

Cboath as far as I know is only in the books. 

21 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

For a while now, there has been some talk about having Sebastian Stan play a younger version of Luke as Hamill continues to age.  Stan is 38 now and that age works pretty well for the Mandalorian time line of 5 years after Jedi (Hamill was 30 when Jedi was released).

Would people buy into Stan as Luke, in a series set 5 years after Jedi? I know it’s been talked about but not sure Disney wants to go that route. 

23 hours ago, Capella said:

Same character traits but different storylines. He was a main character in rebels at the end. 

I am hoping we get some variation of the Heir of the Empire series in the future.  The timeline is pretty much the same.

What episodes of Rebels should I watch?  I saw all of Season 1 and then was more sporadic -- I made sure I watched the Obi-Wan stuff and the finale, but I want to see the important stuff about Madalore, Thrawn, and Asoka.

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Would people buy into Stan as Luke, in a series set 5 years after Jedi? I know it’s been talked about but not sure Disney wants to go that route. 

I would. I feel it was a mistake to force themselves to use Hamill, Fisher and Ford in the sequel trilogy. They were too old and it made it so you had to go 30 years in the future by default to even start a new story. This obviously was a problem for the writers since they couldn't put together a coherent plot with detailed back story filling in those 30 years. 

Recast the main characters. Fill in that timeline and the audience will go along as long as the story is good. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Insein said:

I would. I feel it was a mistake to force themselves to use Hamill, Fisher and Ford in the sequel trilogy. They were too old and it made it so you had to go 30 years in the future by default to even start a new story. This obviously was a problem for the writers since they couldn't put together a coherent plot with detailed back story filling in those 30 years. 

Recast the main characters. Fill in that timeline and the audience will go along as long as the story is good. 

I was at a convention with my wife and daughter last year and we sat in on a MCU panel of which Stan was a part of.

The host eventually got around to the topic of Stan playing Luke and the huge audience went bonkers with their approval. 

I think the hard core genre fans will follow as long as the story is good as you said.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, The Noid said:

Does Sebastian Stan have some SW Universe tie (like a voice in the animated shows?) that has everyone talking about him being a young Luke? Or is it just fan-casting based on his looks?

I believe it's because Mark Hamill mentioned him as someone who could be cast as a young Luke.

1 hour ago, Insein said:

I definitely would too. I have to imagine it would be well received. People want more stories and we all know how old Hamill is. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, The Noid said:

Does Sebastian Stan have some SW Universe tie (like a voice in the animated shows?) that has everyone talking about him being a young Luke? Or is it just fan-casting based on his looks?

The likeness is uncanny.

• Thinking 1
2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I am hoping we get some variation of the Heir of the Empire series in the future.  The timeline is pretty much the same.

What episodes of Rebels should I watch?  I saw all of Season 1 and then was more sporadic -- I made sure I watched the Obi-Wan stuff and the finale, but I want to see the important stuff about Madalore, Thrawn, and Asoka.

S2 finale....it was a two parter called Twilight of the Apprentice was some of the best Star Wars ever.  Both a P.S almost to the Jedi Order of the Clone Wars and the beginning of whatever path they (eventually) take Ezra Bridger on.  

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deseret.com/platform/amp/entertainment/2020/10/29/21540085/star-wars-mandalorian-clone-wars-rebels-episodes-ahsoka-tano

best list I could find. Definitely watch the final season of clone wars and rebels all the way thorough as well imo.