Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series!

On 12/13/2020 at 8:22 PM, Nick Vermeil said:

I have a good buddy that works on the show. I keep meaning to ask him if Pascal is in suit for all the shooting or if he only does the dubbing. I can’t imagine he’s there except on face days.  

No, he isn't. I read that he is "not in the suit all the time". It seemed to suggest that he is in it some but not all the time without giving a definitive percentage. There is obviously a lot of stunt work that goes on so it might be on shooting schedule. "No Pascal, we don't need you today for that one non-stunt shot today, we will go with the stand in" is basically how I came away from reading that. 

On 12/13/2020 at 5:40 AM, Tony Jabroni said:

The TIE fighter sound effects just make me smile. The guns, the "roar".

Would you be surprised that the sound of TIE's came from elephants?

Ben Burtt took sound design to a whole new level with Star Wars, raising the bar for the industry.

Between Burtt and John Williams, the aural experience of Star Wars is just as powerful as the visual experience.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Lomez said:

And presumably sans Order 66? :oldunsure:

IS that a possibility? They get on the ship. Gideon finds them. They're getting ready to get away with Grogs. Gideon says, "Execute Order 66". Fett tries to blast the kid. Mando blocks it with the beskar. And now we've got a Fett v Mando showdown. I would assume if he wasn't exactly like the other clones, the chip probably isn't in there either.

17 minutes ago, Lomez said:

IS that a possibility? They get on the ship. Gideon finds them. They're getting ready to get away with Grogs. Gideon says, "Execute Order 66". Fett tries to blast the kid. Mando blocks it with the beskar. And now we've got a Fett v Mando showdown. I would assume if he wasn't exactly like the other clones, the chip probably isn't in there either.

No. Fett had no pre conditioning per Jangos stipulation. Order 66 wasn't a mind control chip. It was a preconditioned mind frame for all clones to obey orders no matter what. There were some clones that disobeyed their orders but most of them obeyed without question. 

7 minutes ago, Insein said:

No. Fett had no pre conditioning per Jangos stipulation. Order 66 wasn't a mind control chip. It was a preconditioned mind frame for all clones to obey orders no matter what. There were some clones that disobeyed their orders but most of them obeyed without question. 

"The order was programmed into the Grand Army clone troopers through the behavioral modification biochips implanted in their brains, making it impossible for the clones to disobey the command to turn against their Jedi Generals."

"Rex, receiving the command from Sidious, realized at that moment that Fives had been right about everything and managed to resist his chip long enough to tell Tano to 'find' the late ARC trooper before attacking her. After releasing Maul as a diversion, Tano was able to find Rex's grievance report, subsequently capturing Rex and removing his chip with the help of three astromech droids."

4 minutes ago, Lomez said:

"The order was programmed into the Grand Army clone troopers through the behavioral modification biochips implanted in their brains, making it impossible for the clones to disobey the command to turn against their Jedi Generals."

"Rex, receiving the command from Sidious, realized at that moment that Fives had been right about everything and managed to resist his chip long enough to tell Tano to 'find' the late ARC trooper before attacking her. After releasing Maul as a diversion, Tano was able to find Rex's grievance report, subsequently capturing Rex and removing his chip with the help of three astromech droids."

Hmm never knew they actually said it was a mind control chip. After the movies it was explained to be mind conditioning. That's how the cloners kept the troops mostly free thinking but compliant to orders. That's also how some clones were able to disobey their orders having grown attached to their jedi commanders.

In either case, Boba was completely unaltered per Jango's compensation. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Insein said:

Hmm never knew they actually said it was a mind control chip. After the movies it was explained to be mind conditioning. That's how the cloners kept the troops mostly free thinking but compliant to orders. That's also how some clones were able to disobey their orders having grown attached to their jedi commanders.

In either case, Boba was completely unaltered per Jango's compensation. 

Pretty sure there was a whole Clone Wars arc about a clone (clones?) figuring out what the chips were and removing them....

You guys arguing about "little people."

:lol:

Remember that scene in Bad Santa?

John Ritter: "He had fat sausage like fingers." "I believe they call them dwarfs. Or little people."

Bernie Mack: "You mean midget?"

"What did you say thigh high?"

😁

Edited by Tony Jabroni

I have really enjoyed this season, but at the same time I feel like it hasn't gone anywhere -- that we need 2 more episodes before a real finale or something.  Or this Friday needs to be like 3 hours long.

The whole season has basically been a pilot for all of the spinoffs.  Rangers of the Republic probably will have one-offs featuring Dune; Tatooine Marshal; X-wing pilots; Bill Burr.  We have Ahsoka with a series.  Boba Fett.  I think every episode showcased someone for a spinoff.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I have really enjoyed this season, but at the same time I feel like it hasn't gone anywhere -- that we need 2 more episodes before a real finale or something.  Or this Friday needs to be like 3 hours long.

The whole season has basically been a pilot for all of the spinoffs.  Rangers of the Republic probably will have one-offs featuring Dune; Tatooine Marshal; X-wing pilots; Bill Burr.  We have Ahsoka with a series.  Boba Fett.  I think every episode showcased someone for a spinoff.  

I mean they have to set up a cliff hanger somehow

46 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I don’t think you’re wrong but it’s so thoroughly enjoyable I guess I just don’t notice or care. Could use some plot progression though. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1

Finally got access to Disney+ and watched the first two episodes the other night.  It's good, hoping it lives up to the hype as I get deeper into it.

I dunno if I can go back and read 33 pages on it though.... anyone wanna tell me what page I should start on for S1?  :lol:

On 12/13/2020 at 7:58 PM, Nick Vermeil said:

The facial recognition was stupid. They could have gotten the same thing with the captain demanding he remove his helmet to address him. Mando would do so in this moment not to jeopardize the mission to save the kid. Actually would have been the bolder writing choice IMHO. 

Yep

The AI ensuring that it's not a droid at the computer, was just dumb. (Or person who lost his face) I suppose that was to ensure that the user was human?

Edited by -OZ-

1 hour ago, Andrew74 said:

Hide contents

So what happens to Grogu?  This is 25 years before episode VII, I believe.  Was he in Luke’s school when Kylo kills everyone?[\spoiler]

How long does it take to train a Jedi? One would think he would have graduated, but then he wasn't in VII 🤷🏾‍♂️

2 hours ago, bcdjr1 said:

Hide contents

Book of Boba for the next season, I guess. No more Grogu.  Also, Luke’s face looked horrible when he talked. I thought they could do better now.

Sounds awesome.

The black saber story will be interesting. 

18 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

When can I geek out? Holy cow. So much to talk about

🤷🏾‍♂️ Honestly? If you come in here on a Friday, assume there will be spoilers. 

1 hour ago, Capella said:

My god when that green lightsaber lit up :wub: 

That last 10 minutes was just unbelievably good. 

There was some debate about whom would come. 

Given the timeframe, it makes sense. Did they use the original voice, actor and cgi or was that a different actor?

Edited by -OZ-
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

There was some debate about whom would come. 

Given the timeframe, it makes sense. Did they use the original voice, actor and cgi or was that a different actor?

It appears this. He was listed in the credits. I assume the same tech used in Rogue One for Leia. 

• Like 1

Just now, shades said:

It appears this. He was listed in the credits. I assume the same tech used in Rogue One for Leia. 

After my initial shock, surprised they didn’t re-cast. They aren’t going to take baby yoda off the screen, so they’re going to keep doing that with Hammil? Seems expensive and kind of not necessary.  

3 minutes ago, shades said:

It was Hamill’s voice and face de-aged put on a different actor, also listed in the credits as Jedi double.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Capella said:

Right now. Right here. 

Couple big callbacks: the darth/dark trooper birth 

The darth/Luke hallway combats

I don't  think star wars has been this good since ROJ.

I got choked up on grogu & mando.  

Also loved the empire mini Hitler rant right off the bat. 

Best episode ever

• Like 10

So awesome.  When they were in the elevator at the end, I was waiting for Grogu to force-pull the round lever knob from the Razor Crest out of Mando's pocket and down the hall into his hand and take it with him right before the doors closed. 

I know people geeked on seeing Vader rampage in Rogue One, seeing Luke at maybe the height of his powers here was just as great. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Skipdog77 said:

So awesome.  When they were in the elevator at the end, I was waiting for Grogu to force-pull the round lever knob from the Razor Crest out of Mando's pocket and down the hall into his hand and take it with him right before the doors closed. 

I know people geeked on seeing Vader rampage in Rogue One, seeing Luke at maybe the height of his powers here was just as great. 

I thought Mando might offer it as he was walking away and he would force pull, but absolutely expected the same thing.  

• Like 1