Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

3 hours ago, Mile High said:

May the force be with you. Also post credit scene

:excited:

Will boba get fat now? And will Ming-na pick up a metal bikini?

• Love 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't believe the guy from Swingers has made my favorite Christmas movie....develop/built my 2d favorite movie franchise.... and saved my favorite franchise... Favreau is so money and he

Also the Lady Expendables were awesome. Because they were just awesome. They didn't tell us they were awesome. They didn't have other people go "wow look how awesome they are". They were all individua

Mark Hamill @HamillHimself The fact that we were able to keep my involvement a secret for over a year with no leaks is nothing less than a miracle. A real triumph for spoiler-haters everywhe

40 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

How long does it take to train a Jedi? One would think he would have graduated, but then he wasn't in VII 🤷🏾‍♂️

Good question.  But he’s already 50 and still a toddler.  At 75 is he self sufficient?

• Thinking 1
18 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

When can I geek out? Holy cow. So much to talk about

🤷🏾‍♂️ Honestly? If you come in here on a Friday, assume there will be spoilers. 

1 hour ago, Capella said:

My god when that green lightsaber lit up :wub: 

That last 10 minutes was just unbelievably good. 

There was some debate about whom would come. 

Given the timeframe, it makes sense. Did they use the original voice, actor and cgi or was that a different actor?

Edited by -OZ-
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

There was some debate about whom would come. 

Given the timeframe, it makes sense. Did they use the original voice, actor and cgi or was that a different actor?

It appears this. He was listed in the credits. I assume the same tech used in Rogue One for Leia. 

• Like 1
Just now, shades said:

It appears this. He was listed in the credits. I assume the same tech used in Rogue One for Leia. 

After my initial shock, surprised they didn’t re-cast. They aren’t going to take baby yoda off the screen, so they’re going to keep doing that with Hammil? Seems expensive and kind of not necessary.  

3 minutes ago, shades said:

It was Hamill’s voice and face de-aged put on a different actor, also listed in the credits as Jedi double.

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, Capella said:

Right now. Right here. 

Couple big callbacks: the darth/dark trooper birth 

The darth/Luke hallway combats

I don't  think star wars has been this good since ROJ.

I got choked up on grogu & mando.  

Also loved the empire mini Hitler rant right off the bat. 

Best episode ever

• Like 10

So awesome.  When they were in the elevator at the end, I was waiting for Grogu to force-pull the round lever knob from the Razor Crest out of Mando's pocket and down the hall into his hand and take it with him right before the doors closed. 

I know people geeked on seeing Vader rampage in Rogue One, seeing Luke at maybe the height of his powers here was just as great. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, Skipdog77 said:

So awesome.  When they were in the elevator at the end, I was waiting for Grogu to force-pull the round lever knob from the Razor Crest out of Mando's pocket and down the hall into his hand and take it with him right before the doors closed. 

I know people geeked on seeing Vader rampage in Rogue One, seeing Luke at maybe the height of his powers here was just as great. 

I thought Mando might offer it as he was walking away and he would force pull, but absolutely expected the same thing.  

• Like 1

Green saber.

Glove on right hand.

My kiddos and I were acting like we won the ####### Super Bowl.

And he messed everybody up.

I thought Vader, in Rogue One, was the best SW scene. This tops it. Fantastic.

As soon as the Xwing showed up, I said that's Luke. Kids: NO WAY!! Sure ####. Watching this magnificent show, with your kids, priceless.

Now we wait a year.

Edited by Tony Jabroni
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Just now, Tony Jabroni said:

Green saber.

Glove on right hand.

My kiddos and I were acting like we won the ####### Super Bowl.

And he messed everybody up.

I was excited watching the episode. Dark Troopers, Boba Fett, Bo Kataan. Then As soon as the Xwing came in my eyes went wide and I damn near screamed "it's Luke!"

• Like 1

This second season was everything I had hoped they'd do with a continuation of Star Wars. Season 3 opens up so many possibilities. I think they may just decide the sequel trilogy never happened and take the story wherever they want from here. Give Favreau and Filoni the keys to the whole damn thing. 

Edited by Insein
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Also the Lady Expendables were awesome. Because they were just awesome. They didn't tell us they were awesome. They didn't have other people go "wow look how awesome they are". They were all individually built up over the course of 2 seasons (and some from clone wars) and shown to be the best at what they do. Then when it came time to raid the ship, they just did it. It didn't matter that they were women. They were just badasses doing what they do. That's how you do it. Show don't tell. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Insein said:

I am ecstatic they brought in Luke. A little disappointed it's the stupid deep fake stuff. But I can get past it. Because they brought back Luke and he was a badass!

Particularly since people were posting another actor that looks so much like young Luke. I'd have to imagine they would replace him if he is going to be a focal point of the next season. Save DIS holders a bit of the CGI bill.

43 minutes ago, Insein said:

This second season was everything I had hoped they'd do with a continuation of Star Wars. Season 3 opens up so many possibilities. I think they may just decide the sequel trilogy never happened and take the story wherever they want from here. Give Favreau and Filoni the keys to the whole damn thing. 

It’s awesome how much Favreau and Filoni love Star Wars. We are lucky they’re on board. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Particularly since people were posting another actor that looks so much like young Luke. I'd have to imagine they would replace him if he is going to be a focal point of the next season. Save DIS holders a bit of the CGI bill.

Yea I posted that. Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier). Been something the community has wanted for years. Hopefully they will go live actor route if they plan on bringing him back longer.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Capella said:

It’s awesome how much Favreau and Filino love Star Wars. We are lucky they’re on board. 

Thank the force that Disney didn't let D.B. Weiss and David Benioff get their hands on Star Wars after seeing the contempt they had for GoT at the end.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Despite the obvious similarities and bad ###-ery of Luke, I do want to quibble a bit here. Just because the Dark Troopers really didn't do anything for me. Maybe there is some lore here in the universe I'm less aware of, but they just never seemed very menacing. In Rogue One you know the stakes and feel the emotion of the rebels trying to save the information. I dunno, we could use bad guys that feel at least somewhat dangerous.

Luke force-crushing one was awesome though. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Despite the obvious similarities and bad ###-ery of Luke, I do want to quibble a bit here. Just because the Dark Troopers really didn't do anything for me. Maybe there is some lore here in the universe I'm less aware of, but they just never seemed very menacing. In Rogue One you know the stakes and feel the emotion of the rebels trying to save the information. I dunno, we could use bad guys that feel at least somewhat dangerous.

Luke force-crushing one was awesome though. 

Dark Troopers are from the video game Dark Forces with Kyle Katarn. Basically walking tanks. When they were dropped out of the airlock my son was like "oh well so much for them". I told them they'll be back. They didn't do as good a job as they could have showing just how utterly indestructible they can be but I don't think the heroes would have survived if Luke didn't show up just as Gideon suggested. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, -OZ- said:

How long does it take to train a Jedi? One would think he would have graduated, but then he wasn't in VII 🤷🏾‍♂️

He's a 50-year-old toddler. In 25 years he'll be just starting kindergarten.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Insein said:

They were just badasses doing what they do. That's how you do it. Show don't tell. 

9 minutes ago, Insein said:

Dark Troopers are from the video game Dark Forces with Kyle Katarn. Basically walking tanks. When they were dropped out of the airlock my son was like "oh well so much for them". I told them they'll be back. They didn't do as good a job as they could have showing just how utterly indestructible they can be but I don't think the heroes would have survived if Luke didn't show up just as Gideon suggested. 

Agree on both counts here ;)

6 hours ago, -OZ- said:

A lot of things weren't in 7. A lot of things from 7 weren't in 8. A lot of things from 7&8 weren't in 9. Best to just ignore those for now and we'll see where they take us. In a couple years, those movies might be a "different possible future." 

Did they change the Dark Saber story line from Rebels?  If I am remembering correctly, Bo Katan accepted the Dark Saber freely from Sabine, she did not have to battle for it.

I will be sad if there is no Grogu next season.  It would seem crazy for Disney to remove him given his hook with fans, but the final scene was so drawn out, it did seem like the end.  I figure at worst we will at least see him in a couple of episodes or maybe even in one of the other series...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Insein said:

A lot of things weren't in 7. A lot of things from 7 weren't in 8. A lot of things from 7&8 weren't in 9. Best to just ignore those for now and we'll see where they take us. In a couple years, those movies might be a "different possible future." 

I would highly doubt they go this route. The whole time line crap has been a complete disaster for Star Trek IMO.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Did they change the Dark Saber story line from Rebels?  If I am remembering correctly, Bo Katan accepted the Dark Saber freely from Sabine, she did not have to battle for it.

I will be sad if there is no Grogu next season.  It would seem crazy for Disney to remove him given his hook with fans, but the final scene was so drawn out, it did seem like the end.  I figure at worst we will at least see him in a couple of episodes or maybe even in one of the other series...

Yes, Sabine did give Katan the Dark Saber. In Clone Wars, Maul won it from Pre Vizsla. I guess the only difference is the way Sabine came to possess the Saber after Maul had it.

Best part is, now the whole story for next season is if Mando wants to rule Mandalore,  :2cents:

:banned: